01/02 Instance: No Talking in the Library

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline.

<Sean> Sean sat at a desk a cigarette smoldering him his hand as he was buried in a world atlas as well and several books of Forensics and Serial Killers. I know I shouldn't be smokin in the library but with all thas happenin I think they'll let me slide.

<Lorna> Lorna leafed through her Italian book for Wagner's language class and made her way into the library somewhat blindly. She had been getting distracted in her room and had decided she would focus better with a few less activities aside for studying.

<Lorna> She steered her way over to her usual table, only realizing she wasn't alone in the library when she sat down. "Oh, hey Sean."

<Sean> Upon hearing the voice a certain song began humming through his head, he stopped mid drag on his cigarette and looked up, "Oh...hiya lass...am I sitting at yer table?"

<Lorna> "You're fine." Lorna looked back down at her book and opening up the notebook she had had tucked under her arm. "Just making sure I stay ahead of the homework. Makes for more time for training after all."

<Lorna> "Not bothering you though, am I?"

<Sean> Sean finished the drag of his cigarette, "Not at all lass...just tryin to figure out if there's a better way to get in and get out with the students with the least casualties...just somehow wishing I could have been on the infiltration team....all this investigations paperwork nonsense...bloody hell,"

<Lorna> "It's good work though." Lorna chewed at the lid of her pen as she took down notes. "I wouldn't have thought your powers would have lent themselves for infiltration though. All that screaming might draw attention." Lorna joked a bit as she turned her page.

<Sean> Sean smirked slightly, "True as that may be lass...would be easier to get in and get out if whoever did this was unconscious or buried under a pile of rubble aye?" "Speakin of such what team did ye get assigned te?"

<Lorna> "Never know who may bet accidentally buried under that pile of rubble though." Lorna took the pen cap out of her mouth, realizing that it was there just now. "I'm the combat team leader."

<Sean> "Combat...now that's what Sean Cassidy is good at," Sean said with a smirk. "I dunno lass...I just dun think doin all this paperwork is benefiting anyone ye know?" I'd much rather be out there kickina arse an takin names with me Southern succubus.

<Lorna> "It'll benefit a whole lot of people. The sooner we know what we're getting into the sooner it can be done." Lorna stared at a phrase in her book, not quite sure if it meant "Drive the car to town" or "Ride the white whale." She decided to go with the car one.

<Lorna> "And I like to have some idea of what I'm going into so I can make my own strategy after all."

<Sean> "This is true lass...juss thought investigations would involve sneakin around usin me super hearin to overhear evil afoot or somesuch."

<Sean> "But here I toil away over books and worry bout those I care about...just makes me feel helpless."

<Lorna> "Well, you aren't helpless since you do have a job to do, after all." Lorna sat up a bit, happy with her Italian section for now and switched over to the German work.

<Sean> "That I do...and do it I damn well will but still...I often find meself bored."

<Lorna> Lorna raised an eyebrow at that. "Well I'm sorry you can't help in the terribly exciting and glamorous way you seem to want to."

<Sean> "Didn't say ye could lass...dunno I'll be a much happier gent once this is all done with."

<Lorna> Lorna blinked, not really seeing how the beginning of that statement matched with what was just said. "Everyone will be, I imagine."

Sean> "Aye that we will...so if ye can slip me some insider info...wat does Doc X plan te do bout this lass?"

<Lorna> "There isn't any insider information, Sean. You're on the investigations team. You should have the information." Lorna wasn't getting near the work done she had wanted to.

<Sean> "This is true...but hey whoever knows who knows what these days," Sean said as he flagged a page in a serial killer book. Fascinatin

<Sean> He looked over the atlas and noted a couple areas with flags as well, "Well whomever did this dun know what he got himself into now does he?”

<Lorna> "Or he might know exactly what he got into and may be expecting it." Lorna shrugged and let her voice go flat as she got out another book from her bag. "That's what you get to find out though, isn't it? I'm sure you will."

<Sean> "I'm trying lass...trust me I am...like I said...just want this te be over and done with...kick arse...get the students go home...drink a toast."

<Lorna> "Well you get good information so I can take care of that ass kicking part." Lorna sat back in her seat with her book.

<Sean> "Sounds fair nuff lass," Sean said as he thumbed through a forensics book. Well...that could be useful. Sean looked up, "Sorry te interrupt."

<Lorna> "You're fine." Lorna mumbled and read on, yawning slightly. "Just have to keep this done too."

<Sean> "No I meant...I need to ask ye somethin."

<Lorna> "Shoot." Lorna put the book down for a moment.

<Sean> "I've noticed everythin's bein approached rather scientifically...which is not to say that's bad...but what do ye think is goin on lass?"

<Lorna> Lorna raised an eyebrow; not understanding whatever it was that Sean was trying to get at. "We have jobs to do, Sean. How would you like we do them?"

<Sean> "Our jobs naturally lass...I'm just askin what do ye think is goin on," Sean said slightly taken aback.

<Lorna> "What do you mean what is going on? I think it's pretty obvious. People were taken, we work to get them back."

<Sean> "Well I'm not a moron lass...I understand what happened...I'm just askin yer opinion as to why?" Jeez who pissed in her cappuccino.

<Lorna> Lorna rubbed her left temple. "Sean, maybe if you spent less time complaining about how lackluster you find your duty and doing it you wouldn't be asking me about what it is your duty to find out."

<Lorna> "It could be any number of reasons. It could be to use us as military tools like last time, it could be just because we're different. It was mutants who took them so maybe they were taken to strengthen some kind of revolt, make political points, to be studied."

<Lorna> Lorna stood up, sick of Sean's company. "I am sorry you don't like your job but you have to do it. I can't keep asking myself why because then I won't be fit to do my duty. I have to keep myself in control. I suggest maybe you try to be more 'scientific' about it as well. We'll get nobody back by sobbing in your beer."

<Sean> Sean had just about enough of this stimulating conversation and went back to his reading. Sure glad Icedork took this emotional roller coaster off me hands. He looked over an article in a book about Ed Gein and took some notes.

<Sean> "If I were anymore scientific I'd have a bloody cybernetic arm," Sean muttered to himself. He looked over some more notes and flagged some more spots on the atlas. "I feel terribly for Lizzie...to have yer beloved captured an all."

<Lorna> "Yeah, it is terrible." Lorna felt she was going to have a headache. She rarely allowed herself to get so fed up with people. Control was very important to Lorna although she was generally easy going. Sean's whinging had rubbed her the wrong way today but he had to be some use she was sure. "Good luck with your work. We'll be counting on what your team finds out."

<Sean> "I'll do me best lass...maybe it's the scenery here...I think I'll grab all this research and see if I can't get more progress made in a less parochial atmosphere...good luck there Lorna."

<Lorna> "See you later then, Lorna took her seat again, pulling out a different notebook, feeling a bit like Eve with it as she tried to work out new ways for her team's powers to work together. She let herself also be glad that Sean wasn't her only hope on the investigations team.

<Sean> Sean grabbed up his research and his cigarettes and headed towards the Rec Room...perhaps he could get more focused when not surrounded by books.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

PWND!!!
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art