01/02 Instance: Red and White

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline.

Angelina: Angel sat on one of the plush sofas, sipping at her drink. She looked around the room, looking for a familiar face. Mr. Shaw -- Sebastian, she reminded herself -- had said he might drop by, but she should make friends. Right.

Elizabeth: Passing through the doors, Lizzie paused for a moment as she took a look around. The decor was along a vaugely similar theme to the London Club, but it was still different, yet the same...Thankfully, she had picked well with her white dress. Short, slightly low at the front and dangerously low at the back, but still with an air of class that fit in.

Angelina: She allowed her stiletto pump to slip from her heel, idly swinging her crossed leg and letting the shoe sway to the beat of the music. Angel was quite certain she didn't fit here. The Rome Club hadn't been this awkward, once Sebastian had introduced her. Maybe it was because this was home, and she still felt like a little girl fom Philly, or maybe it was the engagement ring she was wearing on an elegant chain at her throat.

Elizabeth: Feeling like she was being stared at already, Lizzie scanned the room. Okay, maybe she was as that woman with the red hair in the corner knew her mother, she was sure of it. Shaw had said that Angel should be in so it was just a case of..Aha.

Elizabeth: Spotting her on a sofa, Lizzie crossed over the room, gliding elegantly through the crowds and taking a drink on her way over to her friend.

Angelina: Angel took another long sip, noticing movement beside her and looking up, ready to either make nice or repell another old man. A grin lit her face. "Lizzie!"

Angelina: "It's fantastico to see you!" She sat up, mood already improved. "Mister -- Sebastian said you might be in!"

Elizabeth: Grinning widely, she nodded. "I meant to drop by sooner but, you know, things are a little crazy right now...So how are you?" she asked, settling herself down on the sofa.

Angelina: "Oh, si, I know... I even felt bad leavin' the office, y'know, but, I guess a little downtime is good." She reached down and slipped her shoe back on, smoothing the skirt of her blood red dress. "I'm ... okay. You?"

Elizabeth: Running her finger around the rim of her glass, Lizzie gave a slight nod. "Well. I can say I'm okay, but I don't even know for sure if I am or not. I'm sleeping a little better than I was last week though..." By better, she meant maybe four or five hours instead of three, she thought to herself, not letting that one slip.

Elizabeth: Looking at Angel, she couldn't help but spot the engagement ring around her neck, and her stomach knotted a little as she wished she could have something tangible like that.

Angelina: Angel looked down, understanding that. Though, she hadn't slept with Scott for months before... She shook her head. "I take pills. Works for sleepin'. Concentratin' on the work takes care of when I'm not sleepin'."

Angelina: "Except for when Sebastian wants me ta come here and make friends." She looked sideways at Lizzie then, smiling slightly. "Workin' real well, don't it look like, yo?"

Elizabeth: Pills... Not a route she really wanted to go down unless she had to, so she avoided that with a sly sip of drink.

Elizabeth: At least the other statement was easier to deal with..."Well..." giving Angel a careful look, she wondered how best to word it. "Most of the people here are snobs. They were all born into this kind of life. Outsiders are usually ignored until they are proven. And, your family are equal to most here, but still."

Elizabeth: Taking another sip, she waved her glass around vaguely. "See, I went to the Hellfire Club in London when I was fifteen for the first time, that I remember anyway. I'd always been dragged around to events anyway by my mother so it was just a case of 'Oh it's the Braddock twins'. People loved us. Male female twins that were as good as identical."

Angelina: "Snobs, or pervs," she giggled. "Though I think some of the 'exclusive' nights are kinda interestin.' I still ain't gotten used to the idea my family has belonged to this Club for like a hundred years! And apparently that's pretty new blood!"

Angelina: "I've heard a little about your famous adventures in London, yo," she grinned, taking a sip of her own drink. "Sebastian said ya had pretty mad aim."

Elizabeth: "My family have always been in it, I think. Membership comes with the silver spoon in the mouth." Her mouth curled into a deceptive smile at the meantion of adventures. "Oh, really? Well I did have some interesting times back then."

Elizabeth: Oh god. What had she done? She hoped she'd remember before Shaw came by, pessemistically reasoning he'd tease her about it with Angel here.

Angelina: Angel giggled again. "Sounds like! He said Armani just ain't the same after ya dry clean it." She stilled herself and mirrored Lizzie's smile. "He also said as a young mutant himself, it had been reassuring to see what he thought was another mutant in the Club... even if she was usin' her powers ta toss things at 'im."

Elizabeth: Oh...Oh shit. "Well. I had been aiming for my mother," Lizzie winked, as she thought she remembered what was being talked of. "But Andy dragged me away before I could apologise properly."

Elizabeth: Someone walked by them, nodding a greeting to her. They...Oh, the mother of someone she'd played tennis with? She smiled back at them, then turned her attention back to Angel. "Hopefully that's all I did to him anyway, othewise I don't think I could look at him again..."

Angelina: "Oh, he seemed ta thing the whole thing was pretty funny," she said, waving a hand. She tried a smile at the woman Lizzie'd smiled at, receiving a tiny, polite glance.

Angelina: Once the woman had passed, she sighed. "See... I don't think I'm ever gonna get tha hang of this. I lack that spoon thing, yo."

Elizabeth: "They just don't really know who you are yet...Some of the people here are from England. They probably sent my parents cards when I was born..." she twirled a lock of hair around her fingers, wondering how Shaw had known she'd used her powers. She couldn't remember him seeing her do it, well, maybe he had. It wasn't like her memory of that night was crystal clear.

Angelina: "Si, allora, that's what I mean. I ain't in the inner circle, so ta speak." She uncrossed her legs, finishing off her drink. "We're all dressed up, yo, maybe we could blow this joint and hit a real club?"

Elizabeth: "Inner Circle?" Lizzie frowned, then fidgeted a little at the meantion of clubbing. "Well, I don't know...I didn't really realise I was dressing up. Just wanted a change and I got this from a shoot ages ago so I thought I might as well wear it..."

Elizabeth: "You do look great though," she added, eyeing Angel up a little with a teasing eye. "Red suits you."

Angelina: Angel arched a brow, returning the saucy grin. "Grazie, and you're too modest, mia sorella."

Shaw: Sebastian strolled into the Club, nodding his hellos to most of the members and stopping to exchange a few words with more interesting ladies. He accepted a martini and glanced around the room.

Elizabeth: "Well, I wouldn't say modest. I just don't want to go out, have some yob knock beer down me and then try and chat me up. I'll only get arrested for aggrevated assault..." Lizzie sipped her water, for once wishing she could take alcohol. Being surrounded by people drinking like this depressed her.

Angelina: "Ya got a point there, yo," she agreed, looking for a waiter for another drink. She was used to the uniforms by now. "I gotta say, they run a clean ship here, even with the stuff that ain't so clean."

Shaw: A familiar puff of hair stood out and Sebastian smiled to himself, approaching. The grin broadened when he recognised her blonde companion. "Angelina, Elizabeth, you both look radiant this evening."

Elizabeth: Pretending as if Angel hadn't told her what Shaw had, to save a blush, Lizzie put on one of her best smiles. "Why thank you." Oh, crap, yeah, she remembered fully now...

Shaw: "It's a pleasure to see you again," he smiled at Elizabeth, winking a little. "It's always a pleasure to see old friends in a familiar setting, yes?"

Elizabeth: Old friends? She tried not to choke a little by assuming he meant only Angel. "It is, yes..." a thought suddenly struck her and she went a little cold. "I...This is quite a shot in the dark, but I don't suppose you know if the Worthingtons would be coming here tonight? You see, if I ever see them I'm not sure I can be held responsible for my actions..."

Angelina: Angel looked down at Lizzie's voice when she mentioned 'Worthington,' reaching over and squeezing her friend's hand.

Shaw: "I'm afraid I don't see as much of the Worthingtons these days as I might like." He smiled sympathetically, not missing a beat. "I understand Warren wasn't on good terms with them. That is indeed a shame."

Elizabeth: "...Wasn't on good terms?" Lizzie gritted her teeth. "That, doesn't even begin to cover it. If you ask them, they don't even have a son. My mother pointed that out." Squeezing Angel's hand greatfully, she took a calming breath. "It is a good thing that they are unlikely to attend. For them."

Shaw: "Ah, yes, how is your mother? I haven't seen her for years." One corner of his mouth twitched, hoping he could steer the conversation from the Worthingtons.

Elizabeth: "I don't know. I haven't seen her myself much," Lizzie responded airily. "I live with James in the holidays...Well, now he's married that might change. He'd never ask me to leave, but I'd prefer to give him some space with his wife..."

Elizabeth: Looking over at Angel, she gave her a grin. "Though having said that, you've seen the house. It's big enough I suppose that I could keep out of the way unless Fran thinks my room would be an ideal nursery..."

Angelina: Angel giggled. "It's big, si. Last time we were there Scott said he felt like he needed bread crumbs." The smile turned a little wistful.

Shaw: "James is married, is he? I do believe I recall that now. I'm sure Emma sent them something lovely." He swirled his drink, noticing a meaningful look from an elderly man near the bar.

Elizabeth: Taking her turn to give the supportive hand squeeze, she looked to Shaw again. "Yes, they finally got around to it. Took them long enough...They got a lot of presents so it wouldn't surprise me if they're still sorting them. The wedding was only last month. Friday the thirteenth. James's sense of humour for you..."

Shaw: "Bucking tradition seems to be a family tradition," he chuckled. "Well, if you ladies will excuse me, duty calls. Angelina, I'll see you tomorrow?"

Angelina: Angel turned the smile on Lizzie, taking a large swallow of her drink. "Ah, si, Mr. Shaw, I will see you tomorrow."

Shaw: "Sebastian," he corrected, bidding Elizabeth a farewell too and weaving through the crowd to deal with Manners.

Elizabeth: Returning the farewell, she watched him go for a minutes, then turned back to Angel, slouching a touch in her seat. "You sure you should be throwing that back if you have work in the morning?" she teased gently.

Angelina: "Oh, si, especially since I have to work in the morning. Spending another day sifting through data, lookin' for leads, hopin'..." She stopped and sighed, letting herself slide down as well. "You know." She settled for people watching in comfortable silence.

Elizabeth: "Well doing it hungover won't make it any more easier. You'll just need some asprin. Tell you what, I'll bring you some over and a bagel or something. I don't have to beback at school until lunch so I'll come and be your un-ugly Betty for a bit."

Angelina: Angel's head tipped back against the sofa, rolling to the side to grin at Lizzie. "What would I do without you, mia sorella?"
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

What great bonding! Poor Lizzie and Angel.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro