1/3 Instance: Happy Feet=Happy Baby

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

1/3 Instance: Happy Feet=Happy Baby

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

remy: Remy popped the DVD in and leaned back. He practically could recite the damn thing, but it was bound to captivate Johnny for a while. Expecially on the big screen downstairs.

AnnaMarie: Anna stopped and peeked in the rec room as she walked by, having heard a familiar giggle. She grinned when she saw the two of them lounged out watching a movie, "Hey y'all. What are y'all up to in here?"

remy: "Watchin' Happy Feet. Suprised we've not worn a hole in d' damn thing yet." Johnny was happily bopping on his bottom along to the beat, enraptured. "Otherwise known as 'our sanity break'."

AnnaMarie: Anna laughed as she came over to sit next to Johnny, "This is a fun movie, huh, Lil Sugah?" She grinned over at Remy, "How've ya been? Ah mean, Ah know we just saw each other when we played pool, but we haven't gotten much of a chance ta talk."

remy: "Good. A bit tired, but real happy." He smiled at her. "I know. I don' get much time for anythin' lately. Y' been keepin' well?"

AnnaMarie: "Yeah, been doin' real well. Ah've been keepin' mahself busy also." She grinned and reached down to tickle Johnny when he started squealing at the baby penguin tap dancing again.

AnnaMarie: "Ah know Ah told y'all that ya needed ta come see mah new wall art, but Ah just gotta tell ya what it is. Ah don't think you'll believe it." She shook her head at the memory, "Saw Sean tha other day. He gave me a belated Christmas present. Tha gold record f' Magnolia Blossom. Tha song he wrote 'bout me."

remy: He gave her a funny grin. "Well dere y' go. Y're famous petite."

AnnaMarie: Rogue made a noncommital sound, "Lemme tell ya 'bout it, sugah. Ah always wanted ta be tha reason f' a gold record. Thought it was pretty funny that he gave it ta me though. He um...," she screwed up her face before continuing, "He told me he loves me. That he's, quote, madly in love with me an' has been since he first saw me."

AnnaMarie: "Ah think he might just want in mah pants," she laughed, "Ah don't think he realizes he'd nevah get that far."

remy: He raised his brows. "He's still tryin'? I thought dat y' cleared all dat up already, after all d' whole thing wit' him an' Lorna settled down?"

AnnaMarie: She shrugged, "Ah though so too. Guess not. Tha guys really... not pushy... more like, committed, Ah guess ya could say. He's got a lotta gung-ho 'bout him. He doesn't give up easily."

remy: "Oui. Well, suppose y're his favorite spud." He gave her a wink. "An' as long as he's not gonna force hisself on y'."

remy: He frowned, thinking. "Y' know...I think he's one of dem guys dat define demselves on who dey can get, y' know?" He shrugged. "Or maybe his hand is sore. Either way...its funny how d' harder dat people try, d' harder d' others run away, non?"

AnnaMarie: Rogue chuckled, "Who knows. Ah know Ah'd rather not care ta know 'bout tha hand part." She gave a small, one-shouldered shrug, "But ya are right 'bout that. Ah guess it's a catch 22, ya want what ya cain't have, maybe? Although, Ah doubt if he stopped tryin', Ah'd go runnin' towards him. But that seems ta be tha way it works most of tha time."

remy: He chuckled. "True enough." He patted her knee. "So other dan dat, how are things?"

AnnaMarie: "Doin' real well. Lorna's a great team leader. She doesn't kill us in trainin' unless we need it." She thought for a moment, "Rae had a pregnancy scare. She's still waitin' on tha official results from Hank, but she said tha test she took with Liz was negative. An' those only do false positives most of tha time right?"

remy: He shot upright in the sofa. "She what?" He went to stand and then sat back down taking in Johnny and everything. Merde. It would have to wait. "She's still been doin' trainin' an' everythin'!"

AnnaMarie: Rogue's eyebrows shot up and she put a hand on his shoulder, "Sugah, she's fine. Ah promise. She didn't really think she was, but she wasn't sure. Please don't make me regret tellin' ya, darlin'... Ah don't think she'd care if ya knew, but she'd care if ya killed her f' it."

remy: "I ain't gonna kill her. I'm gonna ground her. I mean...I think y're right if she's far enough along wit' false negatives - but still. If she's pregnant she shouldn't be doin' what I've been makin' her do. She'll hurt d' baby."

AnnaMarie: "Remy, it's real hard ta hurt a baby if it's not even formed yet. Ah don't think she'd be that far along." She grinned, "An' ya cain't ground her, sugah. She's not Johnny. Ah know ya worried 'bout her, an' tha baby if there was...is... one, but Ah don't think she'd do anythin' ta hurt a baby on purpose."

remy: "But preganant women are supposed t' rest an' all, oui? Not be goin' an'..." he tried to think if she'd fallen or hit her stomach or anything lately. "Jus' - its not good."

AnnaMarie: She nodded and rubbed his back some, "Ah know it, but she knows her body an' she's a very stubborn girl. Ah don't think she woulda listened to ya anyhow." Rogue's face fell to look at Johnny who was happily gurgling and babbling along with the movie, "Ya think she woulda been able ta handle one of him though?"

remy: He looked thoughtful. "I dunno. Talia grew into it real well, but she always wanted t' be a mother. Jus' not dat soon. Dunno if dat is what Rachel wants though..."

AnnaMarie: "Ya know, Ah don't know that either. Would be a good question ta ask her, though. Ah think Ah'd like ta be a Mama someday. If Ah can ever figure out how ta turn mah powers off so Ah don't knock mah kids inta a coma," she laughed a bit, "But that's not f' a ways now, so Ah got time ta figure it out. How is it? Bein' a parent? Pretty tirin'?"

remy: He gave her a smile. "Y' will figure it out one day, petite. An' its good. Tough like nothin' else is, but d' best thing in d' world too."

remy: "T' be honest its a lot better an' easier since Talia an' me hooked back up. We can support each other even better. An' dere ain't dat stress dere."

AnnaMarie: Rogue smiled, "Ah'm glad ya happy, Remy. Ta be honest, Ah'm a lil jealous, since now Ah don't get ta see ya as much, but other than that, it works. An' TJ's really happy too. Ah'm glad f' all of it." She leaned behind Johnny so she could lay her head on his shoulder, "Do ya know if we're any closer ta findin' out who took tha kids?"

remy: "Y' ain't d' only one. Talia's jealous of d' time I'm spendin' in d' danger room." He put his arm around her. "An' I'm not sure. Haven't gotten an' update from Japh lately. But I think so, oui."

AnnaMarie: She let out a soft sigh, "That's good. Ya think they're ok? Ya don't think it's some anti-mutant organization bent on killing us all, do ya?"

remy: "I dunno...but it seems t' be a lot of work t' take off wit' dem. Easier jus' t' come in an' blow us all up, oui?"

AnnaMarie: "Ah figure they tried that. Don't ya think they were tha ones behind tha bomb? That would make sense... Then again, what's made sense lately, so maybe it wasn't them." An exhasperated sound came from low in her throat, "This is all so frustratin'. Ah just wanna find 'em, knock tha shit outta tha bastards who are behind it, an' get 'em home safe."

remy: "Oui, it would make sense. But if it was dem, den why not bomb somethin' dat would hurt a lot of people? If dere dat good t' get in an' get people out dat quick, den dey sure as sh...heck could get someone into a place dat mattered - like here or d' kitchen."

remy: "An' oui. All we can do is focus on d' whole thing about gettin' dem back an' home."

AnnaMarie: "When we find 'em, ya promise me that you'll be safe, right?" She lifted her head so she could look him in the eyes, "Don't go actin' tha hero if it's only gonna get ya hurt. Hear me?" She let him see the concern she normally hid away come spilling into her eyes.

remy: He snorted. "I ain't a hero, petite. An' it ain't me dat will be fightin'. Y' got nothin' t' be worried about - I'm jus' in charge of sneakin' in d' back way."

AnnaMarie: "Sneakin' in is sometimes more dangerous than those of us doin' tha fightin'." She frowned at him, but let her head fall back to his shoulder. She put a quick arm around Johnny as he nearly bounced off the couch with glee, "Watch it Lil Sugah. Cain't have ya bumpin' ya noggin."

AnnaMarie: "Ah think you an' Ah could do with sparrin' some time soon. Whaddya think? Ah've knocked ya flat once before. Think Ah could do it again?"

remy: He chuckled as his hand also went reflexively around his offspring. "Oh oui. All I need is y' goin' t' y're maman wit' a bruise."

remy: He raised a brow and gave her a gentle poke with his finger. "Oh, gonna rub dat in, neh? I think dis cajun still has a few tricks up his sleeve."

AnnaMarie: Anna let out a small squeak at the poke, "Yeah, well, ya tha one who said somethin' 'bout bringin' tha cajun out in me, sugah. So, put tha usual Southern side of me with tha cajun side ya seem ta think Ah have somewhere, an' Ah could kick ya ass---ets in a New York minute."

remy: "Y're a sassy thing." He shook his head and chuckled. "Sure. I'll try an' fit dat in d' next few days. Pretty booked for d' next bit, but should be able t' fit it in."

AnnaMarie: "Ah don't think ya'd have me be any other way, would ya?" She laughed and poked him in the leg, "Ya better be able ta fit me in, otherwise, Ah'm gonna have ta come knock ya door in. Don't think TJ'd be too happy 'bout that."

AnnaMarie: Anna watched the movie for a short time, "Ya know, Ah don't think Ah've evah seen more than 5 minutes of this movie. It seems ta be pretty cute."

remy: "D' first dozen times it is. Kinda starts wearin' thin' after a bit." He nodded to Johnny who was holding out a beslobbered finger. "Don' matter as its his favorite."

remy: "An' I think Talia'd rather have any remodelin' dat we do be more planned an' less likely t' be at an'...unopportune moment." He gave her a peck through her hair. "I think eventually we're gonna outgrow dat room, but not sure what t' do about it."

AnnaMarie: "Maybe Xavier'd let ya knock tha walls down ta make ya old room, Johnny's new room, then y'all could have Johnny's room be an addition ta ya room?" Anna suggested, "It could work."

remy: "Well..." A small smile tugged at his mouth. "Not really meanin' dat. Talia an' I got enough of a bedroom. But it would be nice t' have a place for us t' have like a place of our own. An'...well who knows what will happen in d' future, non? All I know is we're here for another couple of years after dis, cause Talia's got t' finish up."

AnnaMarie: Anna sat up, "Wait... Ya wantin' ta leave? But.. ya did say TJ's gotta finish, so... ok." She settled her head back down, "Ah can live with that. Just so long as ya do wait till she's finished. Ah love ya, Remy, but Ah'm not sure Ah'd be willin' ta fly ta see ya. Ah figure y'all'd go back ta New Orleans or Arizona, right?"

remy: He frowned. That was always a question, wasn't it? "Well. Guess we got a lot of talkin' t' do, me an' her, about where our future is gonna end up. But I don' want t' jus' leave her an' never see anyone again. Dat don' seem right." He tightened his arm over her shoulders in lieu of a hug. "An' if y're in Baton Rouge, it ain't much of a drive petite, never mind a flight."

AnnaMarie: "Well yeah, but it's gonna be a bit 'fore Ah go back down there. This is mah first year, remember? An' if y'all go ta Arizona, that's a bit further ta drive." She grinned, "Now, don't go teasin' me, Cajun, y'all really are gonna stay until she's finished? Even with everythin' bad goin' on? Ah mean... Ah wouldn't want ya ta put Johnny, or y'all, in danger by any means, so if it gets bad, ya have mah permission ta leave."

remy: "Oui, but is it any safer out dere? Y' hear stories about mutant people gettin' beat up an' all. Don' think dere is a real safe place."

AnnaMarie: "That's true. Really sad that it is though. Ah wish we could figure out a way ta show 'em we aren't really all bad. But tha fact that we got tha president against us makes it even worse, an' makes it harder ta prove things against him."

remy: "Well. Dat's part of we're doin' here, non? So even more d' reason. I think we can do some real good here."

AnnaMarie: Anna sat up and streched out her back, "Ah guess, but Ah mean, besides bein' a safe place f' mutants that's really not all that safe, what have we done so far?" She shook her head, "Ah'm sorry, Ah guess Ah'm just a lil irritated an' lettin' it come through where it shouldn't."

remy: "Its ok Anna. Y' don' have t' worry about puttin' a picture on for me, neh?" He scooped Johnny up and sat him on his lap. "I dunno d' answers. All I can do is jus' keep tryin' an' hope t' hell I'm gettin' it right."

AnnaMarie: Anna gave him a soft smile, "Ah know Ah don't, but doesn't mean ya gotta see me when Ah'm not so nice. Especially when ya didn't do anythin' ta be on tha brunt end of it." Her smile grew into a grin, "Or did ya?"

AnnaMarie: She took a deep breath and let the grin fade, "But ya know, that's all any of us can do right now. It's like a giant game of 20 questions."

remy: "Oui, but isn't life?" He leaned forward and gave her a peck on her forehead, trusting by now that she was ok. He wished that she had others that she could do this with though. "An' accordin' t' most women I know, all I had t' do is be born wit' dis equipment t' do somethin' wrong." He teased with a wink.

AnnaMarie: She leaned into the kiss for a second and let herself calm completely, then she looked up at him with a smile, "But Ah ain't most women, now am Ah?" Anna frowned a bit, "What's Johnny eatin' now an' days? He started on solid foods yet? Like, real people solids, just cut up tiny f' babies?"

remy: "Oui, finger foods. He really likes cheerios. Jus' growin' up so fast." He ruffled his son's hair. "Won't be long till he's walkin' either."

AnnaMarie: "He is growin' up fast," she smiled lovingly at the little boy in her friend's lap, "Y'all hungry? Ah'm in tha mood ta cook... 'Course ya hungry, stupid question. Ya always hungry when Ah cook, right? Right." She grinned as she hopped up and scooped Johnny out of Remy's lap and spun him around in a casual circle.

remy: "Mais oui." He grinned. "Lead d' way den."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.