01/03 Instance: In Which Josh Is Informed

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline: After In Which Ben Is Informed

Josh: ((y'all suck))
Rogue: ((no my dear, we don't))
Josh: (())
Rogue: ((no telepathic sniffing))
Josh: (())
tears[spy]: ((you're sniffles are probably annoying Rae))
Josh: ((my intention))
Rogue: (())
tears[spy]: (()))
Josh: ((I have a badass guardian angel too.))

Rogue: Rogue stepped outside and shivered softly, "Oh well, at least it's not as cold as it was. This is just chilly. Chilly Ah can live with." She sat down at the table on the back patio and looked out over the lawn and the woods behind it as she took in a deep breath of the cold air.

ben: "Enjoying the cool weather?" Ben said from behind her. He was sticking to the wall of the mansion in the shadows below the roof, a red and blue scarf pulled tightly around his mouth, muffling some of his words.

Rogue: Rogue turned around with a start and looked to where the voice had come from,
"Damnit! Don't scare me like that. Ya could get yaself hurt, sneakin' up on me!" She took a deep breath to calm herself and looked back up at the person on the wall, "Ah'm Rogue. Ya new here?"

ben: "Yup." Ben said simply. "Sorry to startle, I'm a slave to my emotions sometimes, and I come outside to think. Or swear. Or drink." He smiled behind his scarf.

Josh: Josh rounded the back, heading towards the patio, his head dipped in thought. He looked up at the sound of voices and saw Rogue and an unfamiliar face. "Hey," he said, crossing the grounds to hop onto the patio.

Rogue: Rogue turned around and frowned at Josh, "Hey yaself, sugah. Ya doin' alright?" She turned back to the new kid, "Ah'm sorry, Ah didn't catch ya name, darlin'."

ben: "My name's Ben" he said. "And I have yet to get your name miss southern belle." Ben dropped from the wall and walked towards her, hand extended.

Josh: He should known the story was all around the school. "I'm doing good. Haven't talked to you much in a while, Rogue, how you been?" He nodded at Ben. "Nice to meet you, dude."

Rogue: Rogue shook his hand with her gloved one, "Just call me Rogue, sugah." She smiled at him then turned back to Josh, "Ah'm ok, hun... Ya sure ya alright?" She slightly wished he was telepathic so she could talk to him in private, but she could save it for later.

Josh: He rubbed the back of his neck. "I ain't alright, but my goose is cooked, ya know? I don't even know how to begin to talk to her. Did she... did she tell you about the...?" He made an odd twirly motion in the air with one finger.

ben: Ben coughed from behind her. It actually wasn't meant to insight anything, the cold weather was hurting his throat (that and the alcohol).

Rogue: Rogue nodded then made a face, "Well, not really, Ah kinda figured it out. But we talked 'bout it, yeah." She turned around to grin at Ben, "Sorry, sugah. Y'all wanna sit so we can all have a nice lil chat?"

ben: "Sure." Ben said. Then he pointed at Josh. "I believe I already know of you though. And I think you are in the clear."

Josh: Josh gave Ben a long look. "In the clear with..." he started, confused. "... Wait, you mean she's not... She's not pregnant?" He felt a surge of relief, mingling with hurt and resentment that they'd known before him. He should have sought Rachel out after all.

ben: "Yeah." Ben said awkwardly. He scratched the back of his head and shifted his weight, unsettled with knowing that this news was probably not best delivered by this messenger. "Sorry you got it like this." Ben tried.

Rogue: Rogue turned to Ben, shocked that he knew, "So ya've met Rae then... An' she got tha results from Hank?" Rogue felt a pang of betrayal but pushed it aside. He was probably with her when she got them.

Josh: Josh leaned back on his elbows and looked at the ground. "Was she really scared?" he asked softly with a hint of guilt.

ben: "She was actually upset about you two actually..." Ben said quietly. "She was relieved to not be pregnant, but was pretty broken about the current speaking terms you two are on." Ben shrugged

Rogue: Rogue sat back in the chair she started out in when Ben scared her, "When Ah talked ta her, she kinda had an idea that she wasn't, but like Ben said, she was upset 'bout you mostly."

Josh: "Good to know," Josh replied, frowning. He'd gone for a walk to lift his spirits. That sure as heck didn't last long. "I guess maybe I should talk to her," he went on, looking doubtful.

ben: "Well as I told her, never let the other walk away." he nodded towards Josh. "I'd have to say that's an incredibly good idea. You might want to try some ice cream by the way." Ben tried to bite the last part off but said it before he could stop himself. Hopefully Josh wouldn't think this meant anything...

Rogue: Rogue tilted her head to he side, "That's what Rae an' Ah did after Ah talked ta her. We were consoled by some good ol' Ben an' Jerry's." She considered Josh for a moment, "Ah think talkin' ta her might be a good idea. But Ah'd wait until ya sure ya won't pick a fight with her. Ah don't think she's up f' arguin'."

Josh: Josh felt a small smile cross his lips. "Ice cream, huh. Brings back memories of moose tracks and cow tracks... You guys are right, but I dunno if there'll ever be a time we won't be fighting. I... am still mad. And I'm not good at apologies."

ben: "Apologizing is always hard. But not doing it, or putting it off, is a lot worse. Granted you should do it when you're ready, but I wouldn't wait too long." Ben smiled and took out his flask, taking a swig and sighing. "Ouch." he mumbled happily.

Rogue: Rogue grinned at the new kid. "Ya got some good advice in ya, sugah. Ah think Ah like ya." Her eyebrows rose slightly at the sight of the flask, "Whatcha been keepin' from ol' Roguey?"

ben: "Dark Rum." Ben said. He passed the flask. "Trying to quit but...y'know going from alcohol to milk is...well it's not easy." He grinned and winked.

Josh: Josh wondered just how much Rachel had told this new dude. "Yeah, well... We'll see." He lifted an eyebrow at the sight of the flask. "Dark Rum? Damn, don't tempt me."

Rogue: Rogue beamed at him and took the flask, "My favorite, sugah." She took a few long swigs and passed it back, "Oh man, that's damn good. Ah haven't had rum in a while. Been drinkin' whiskey with Vic normally. An' not so much anymore that he got back with Rahne he's been spendin' time with her."

ben: "People think I have a problem, but those who do, I have a problem wth." Ben laughed. "Sometimes you need to wash away those memories, y'know?"

Josh: Josh nodded earnestly. "I know exactly what kind of memories you mean. I got some vodka, but nothing much stronger right now. I need to go to Vito's if I really wanna get good and wasted."

Rogue: "Or ta Vic's... he's got some of tha strongest whiskey Ah've evah had. Ah'd share mine with ya, but it's been long gone f' some time now." She laughed then looked back at Ben, "Ah don't drink ta wash away memories. Ah drink so Ah can touch."

ben: "Touch?" Ben asked curiously. "Usually one loses that sense." Ben offered the flask to Josh.

Josh: "Our Vic?" Josh repeated. "I didn't know that. I don't know any of the important stuff 'round here. Think I've been hitting up the wrong people." Josh waved an idle hand at Rogue and said to Ben, "Rogue defies logic, Benny-boy. Or transcends it. You sorta learn that quick around here."

Rogue: Rogue snickered, "Thanks, Josh, sugah. An' Ben, Ah cain't touch people normally... Well, except f' Remy. But, mah power is absorbin' people's memories, abilities, talents, stuff like that, by touchin' 'em. Skin ta skin."

Rogue: She held up her gloved hands, "Hence why y'all'll see me in gloves year-round. An' Ah can only touch other people if Ah'm drunk. Then mah powers kinda switch off. Well tha absorbin' on anyway."

ben: "That's....awful?" Ben wasn't sure if that was good or bad. "Drunk enough to feel...that sounds like a great rock song."

Josh: Josh chuckled and shook his head. "It sounds more like something from a sad country song."

Rogue: "Ah think ya both right. An' both crazy." She laughed, "So, Ben, ya just found out one of mah powers, what's yours? Bein' super sticky?"

ben: "Yes. No. Sorta?" Ben laughed and was amused at the wording of the question. "Well, I can do this." He flicked his wrist forward and a string of web darted from his wrist and attached itself to a tree limb. He pulled the limb and it shook some frozen half metled snow off the tree. "And I can sense immediate danger. Immediate only." He looked at Josh. "Like a punch." Ben winked and took another sip of his flask, then passed it back to Rogue.

Josh: "Wow," Josh actually looked impressed. "Guess you gotta stick around. He might come in handy, given recent circumstances." He looked over the grounds with his lips pursed in a scowl.

Rogue: Rogue took the flask and drank some more rum, "That is pretty cool. So... ya like a spider-type-person...?" Her brow furrowed as she tried to make sense of it, then turned her attention to Josh with another swig of the flask, "That's true, sugah."

ben: "Well, I see my powers..." he realized he was using the wrong terminology, "er...gifts I mean, as an excuse to pull pranks more than anything." He pointed to Rogue. "Not that I would, but I can un-clasp your bra from like the other end of the hall with my web."

Josh: Josh shot Rogue a cheeky grin and wiggled his eyebrows. "I don't believe you, Ben. I think I need a demonstration."

ben: "Bah!" Ben laughed. "I'm not stupid!" he looked at Rogue "You're not drunk, so I don't know what you can do to me! Not sure I wanna find out either..."

Rogue: Rogue narrowed her eyes at Josh then turned a smile towards Ben, "Smart man, ya are. Ah've got somewhat of a tempah. Wouldn't try it if Ah were ya, sugah." She glared at Josh again, "As f' you, do ya want ta be plastered ta tha wall?"

Rogue: Rogue spoke to Ben while keeping her glare on Josh, "Ah've also got superstrength, Ah can fly, an' Ah've got invulnerability. Ain't that right, Joshy? Super...strength... Don't f'get it."

Josh: "You know, it's suddenly getting really chilly, ain't it?" Josh said loudly, carefully avoiding Rogue's death glare. Part of him wanted to giggle. "I mean, with the wind chill it's like 20 degrees out here. Cold day. Brrrerer." He squinted over the grounds with his back to the other two.

ben: "Though this rum has numbed me to the cold, I'm sure if I ignore it for too long I'll pick up, oh I don't know, some hypothermia or something." Ben took another long swig and put the cap on.

Rogue: Rogue poked Josh with her foot hard enough to make him lose his balance, "Stop it."

Josh: "I dunno if I can get hypothermia anymore, since I got my mad healing sk - oof!" Josh tumbled backwards. He looked up, faking annoyance, at Rogue. "Now that you've validated your super-strength, want to help me back up?"

ben: Ben flicked his wrist and webbed Josh's chest. He pulled hard and lifted him up to his feet. "Pull the web off if you want but in two hours it'll be gone." He yawned and closed his eyes feeling drowzy.

Rogue: Rogue chuckled as Josh got yanked up by the web, "So, ya web basically disintegrates after a time? Where does it come from exactly?" She bit her lip, "Ah'm sorry if Ah'm bein' nosy, feel free ta tell me ta shut up. Although, this is probably tha only time ya could an' have me do it."

Josh: "Thanks, man," Josh grumbled. "Though I can't say I'd prefer your method over a nice helping hand." He tried to pull off the webbing. It only stuck to his fingers. "Ugh! Great. Little help?" He was practically sticking to himself now.

ben: "I got some kind of gland in my wrists I think." Ben held his hand out to Rogue so she could touch. "If you press on my palm it triggers it. I've been meaning to ask Doc McCoy how it works, y'know, if it's an infection risk or whatever." He lazily turned his eyes to Josh. "You need help getting picked up a lot I think, maybe your current methods aren't working."

Rogue: Rogue held his wrist in her hand and looked at it, curiously, "Do ya mind if Ah... Can Ah touch ya palm? Or would that be too weird?" Rogue decided it would be best to ignore Josh before she did some more 'super poking.'

Josh: "Oh, what great friends I have," Josh complained loudly, trying to wipe off the webbing against the railing. "They'd rather let me coccoon myself in sticky gunk than help out. But I guess I shouldn't interrupt when they're getting all doe-eyed at each other."

ben: "woof." Ben barked at Rogue. "Yeah, poke away."

Rogue: Rogue laughed at both Ben and Josh, then concentrated on Ben's wrist. She gently pressed on Ben's palm and watched his wrist as a string of web shot out and hit the wall, "Wow, that was really cool." She let go of his wrist, "When did ya manifest, or have ya always been able ta do that?"

ben: "Right around my dad's death." Ben coughed. "Stress I hear is a big instigator."

Josh: "Heeey," Josh called, scowling hard. "Quit fondling his hand, Rogue! He's probably got baby spiders hiding in there - I'm just messing with you, fella." Josh was now handcuffed to the rail, and his shirt was covered in goo. "Someone has to help me or I'll be telling all the world that Rogue is hot for Spider-Men!"

Rogue: Rogue frowned, "Ah'm sorry ta hear that, sugah." She stood up and grabbed Josh by the back of his pants, pulling hard enough to break him free of his bonds, but he was still covered in goo. "Don't touch anythin'. Ben, is there any way ta get this off besides waitin' f' it ta disintegrated? Rubbin' alcohol, baby oil, anythin'?"

ben: Ben opened his bottle of rum. "Hot Bath?" He said with a smirk. "Not really sure, never had to get it off. I hear the school couldn't figure out how to do it. It's strong y'know? It supports my weight and though I have yet to figure out the exact weight tolerance, I can carry someone as well."

Rogue: Rogue looked at him, interested, "Really? That must be pretty cool. Maybe you an' Ah could go out sometime. You swingin', me flyin'. Could be fun. Ah could show ya some cool places. How far out do ya webs reach exactly?"

Josh: Josh shifted his weight from leg to leg, squirming uncomfortably. "I think some of that sticky stuff has gotten in my shirt! I can feel it on my skin. If I were a girl I'd say 'ewww'!" He tried to walk with one arm stuck to his back, the other slung across his chest. "Make flying dates later, I gotta try that hot bath!"

ben: "Go for it, and use bubbles." Ben clapped him on the back and turned back to
Rogue. "Whenever you want, I'm up for it. As I said before, i can take that bra off from one end of the hall, and I won't tell you which one either." He grinned and flicked his eyebrows, ignoring all modesty thanks to the alcohol.

Rogue: Rogue stood up and shook her head, "It was nice ta meet ya, Ben, Ah hope ta see ya 'round soon. Ah'm gonna make sure Josh here doesn't touch anythin' else on tha way ta his bath." She looked him over, "How he's gonna get undressed however, is his own problem."

ben: "Just make sure Rae doesn't help him." Ben said wagging his finger. He leaned against the railing and held his head. "Night you two. Thanks for talking." He realized he needed to address Josh properly and stood up straight. "And you sir, good luck to you." He said in as un-slurred a tone as possible. "I hope to see you around again soon."

ben: Ben extended his hand for a shake.

Josh: Josh hobbled to Ben. He tried his best to get sticky stuff all over Ben's arm as he shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too, dude, and thanks for the gift," he said with as much sarcasm as he could muster. "You guys are evil," he muttered as he started for the door.

Rogue: Rogue couldn't help but giggle as she opened the door so Josh could walk inside, "Ya gonna be ok, Ben? Ya want more company once Ah get him ta tha bathroom? Or would ya rather Ah left ya alone?"

ben: "You can come back out here if ya feel... I'll be..." Ben's finger drifted around and suddenly stopped. "That tree...probably." He smiled. "We can talk about those bad memories."

Josh: "The flirting ends here until I'm in the bathroom!" Josh shouted. "I mean it! You chatterboxes are gonna find this stuff on your mouths if you're not careful!"

Rogue: Rogue shook her head and shoved him through the door, careful not to touch any of the goo, "Ya cain't put it on me, sugah. If ya do, that'd result in touchin' me. Not tha best idea." She turned back around and gave Ben a smile, "Have fun, sugah. Ah'll be back in a few."

ben: "As I said." Ben bowed to Rogue. "Under the tree." He pointed to a completely different tree this time. "There."

Josh: "I don't think my skin would actually touch yours through this stuff," Josh muttered. He threw an irritated look at Ben over his shoulder. "See if you see her again! I'll stick her to the wall and tell everyone you did it!" He punctuated the threat with a wink and a grin.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Ben and Rogue, flirtin'! ooohhhh!!

:spidey & :rogue POKIN' THE GLAND THAT MAKES STICKY SUBSTANCES!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS