1/08 Instance: Bearer of Bad News

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline Mar 11th plz

Victor: Vic stood outside the door, newly aquired duffle bag with clothes in in one hand and the other raised to knock. Dr MacTaggert had been prudent enough to leave him alone.

Victor: So....yeah. He was here now. He just had to knock, tell her what happened and....shit. Vic closed his eyes and knocked softly. This was going to suck.

Rahne: Rahne poked her head out of the bathroom, she'd gone to shower after her flight and someone was knocking? She sniffed, trying to figure out who it was over the smell of shampoo.

Rahne: She blinked. Vic? But he'd only seen her off on the plane a few hours ago right? What was he doing here so soon? She quickly grabbed a bathrobe and pulled it on, making sure to tie the front firmly before opening the door a little clumsily "Vic? Wha' ..." She trailed off.

Rahne: She almost recoiled from the stench of him, fear and anger and sadness, and he looked grim. "Wha' tha hell happened t' yerrr!?"

Victor: Vic looked down at Rahne, not quite meeting her eyes. "C'n I tell y' tha' when I get in?" He smiled tightly as she moved aside, closing the door and dropping his bag.

Victor: Wrapping his arms around her, Vic kissed her on the cheek before walking her back towards the bed. Talking can wait. Right now he needed her.

Victor: -----------

Rahne: Rahne lay with her head pillowed on Vic's shoulder, thier arms wrapped around each other under the blanket of the narrow bed. She really, really hoped that the camera in her room didn't have night-vision or anything (she'd insisted that the light be turned off before she un-robed).

Rahne: She wondered if now would be a good time to ask her question again, being as Vic seemed to have ... uhh ... spent himself, he'd barly said two words during the entire ... umm ... session, just seeming to want to feel her and hold her, the feeling she got from him was that he almost seemed to want to ... hide inside her.

Rahne: And ... well that wasn't Vic ...

Victor: Vic opened his eyes, hand gently stroking down Rahne's spine as he breathed in the comforting mingled scents. Alright, the slight hospital stink was there under it all, but...he could ignore that.

Victor: He purred a little, but it died away as the numbness crept in again. Closing his eyes, he nuzzled into Rahne and held her tighter, almost hoping he wouldn't have to tell her why he was here.

Rahne: Rahne ran her claws down Vic's chest, stroking the soft hairs of his mane, one thing about his new look, 100% more snugglable. "S' ... umm ... I've been gone less tha' a day an' yerrr ou' herrre? Miss m' tha much?"

Rahne: She tried a smile "Wha' happened? Yerrr smell funny ..."

Victor: Vic shifted a little under Rahne's touch, biting his tongue on the bitter chuckle. "Wish it was jus' tha', pup. Really wish tha'. Not tha' I ain'."

Victor: He held Rahne tighter. "We....." Oh god. "Y' know th' kids tha' wen' missin', girl? We got some intel abou' where they were. An' went in - y' know th' drill. Only...."

Victor: He took a deep breath, feeling the lump form in his throat. "We failed. Big time. Los' four others, got no one ou' an' nearly ended up wiped ou'."

Rahne: Rahne didn't say anything for a couple of minutes, as soon as he'd said about the missing students ... in that tone and the way he'd arrived she'd had a growing feeling of dread.

Rahne: So ... she blinked, forcing her thoughts to concentrate on what she'd just been told as they tried to scuttle away like spiders when the light's turned back on.

Rahne: " ... Oh ..." She held Vic a little tighter, nuzzling his chest "I-I'm sorrrry ..."

Rahne: There was another few moments of silence before she was able to pluck out the next thing to say "... Who?"

Victor: Vic swallowed drily. "Lorna, Bobby.....Rachel an'..." FuckfuckfuckI'msorryRahne ".....Remy." He closed his eyes and swallowed the hard lump. He was done crying.

Rahne: Rahne stopped, then turned her face up to Vic, it felt like her neck should have creaked with the effort of it. She blinked her golden eyes at him in the dark as her mind seemed to explode like a firework. All her thoughts going in opposite diretions and exploding in a brilliant flash before leaving her head as dark and empty as the night sky.

Rahne: The only things she could think to say was " ... Oh ..." and idily she found herself wondering if that was just shock or her brain injury? Probably both.

Rahne: Rachel, Bobby, Lorna and ... and Remy. "L-l-los'? Arrrre th-tha dead?" She managed to articulate with consierable effort.

Victor: Vic hesitated, then shook his head. "I....I don' think so, Rahne." There had been barely any reaction there. Was that good? "I....woulda smelt if Bobby an' Lorna were....they go' buried an'....I....don' know abou' Rae or Remy."

Rahne: " ... Burrrried?" But Bobby and Lorna were alive? That was good. But Remy ... "Umm ... uhh ..." Rahne blinked and pulled out another question "Wherrrrre werrrre tha'? Wherrrre tha' werrrre bein' held?"

Victor: Vic looked down at Rahne, then back at the dark ceiling. "Some sorta complex. But....the guards had tranqs, no' proper guns. They were ou' t' catch us, not kill...." Except for those two mutants. Fuckers.

Rahne: "Umm ..." She felt her mind start up again .... a bit sluggishly she had to admit but still "Uhh ..." Things were comming back now, things that she didn't especially want to remember, but still, they ... they might be of some use.

Rahne: "Tha'll prrrobably m've 'way ... like tha did afterrrr I was rrrrre-capturrred," she said dully, "an' amp up tha securrrity, it'll be harrrrderrr ferrr yerrr t' fin' them next time."

Victor: Vic tensed slightly. "Already thought a' tha', Rahney." He said quietly. "We know th' job's gonna be harder next time." If there is a nex' time. "Won' stop us tryin'. I jus' ....fuck."

Rahne: And that's why you're here, not back at the school, 'cos you're about as much use as a ... a ... thing that's not much use, Rahne thought to herself, catching Vic's tension.

Rahne: She sighed "Yerrrrr'll get 'em back, it'll be 'kay." She told him, squeezinghis shoulder.

Victor: Vic sighed, holding Rahne tighter. "I know I will, pup. It's jus'....fuck. Feel like I let 'em down. I promised Bobby I'd get Lorna ou' safe an'....I know I shouldn' feel this shit but....I do...."

Rahne: Oh ... oh dear. Rahne hugged Vic a little tighter "It'll be okay, yerrrr'll get 'em back." She repleated.

Victor: Vic frowned at the repeat but didn't mention it, settling for closing his eyes and nuzzling her. He still felt numb, but just....lying here with Rahne.... "I love yeh, pup."

Rahne: Rahne hugged Vic, nuzzling into his chest fur. "I love ye too..." ... she ... she still couldn't really take it in right now ... her mind still kinda felt blank ... all she could think about was a slightly more personal issue that they really should talk about.

Rahne: "Umm ... Vic?" She asked. "D' yerrr ... rrrrememberrr that day 'fore last?" At his grunt of 'yeah' she continued "tha ... tha verrrr' firrrs' time ... we didnae use nae prrrotection did we?"

Victor: Vic's eyes slammed open. Shit. They hadn't. "Rahney, I do not need t' be thinkin' abou' this right' now." He blinked. "Y-y' ain', righ'?"

Rahne: "I ... I ... it's t' earrrrly yet t' know." Rahne stuttered, "I tol' Doctorrrr MacTaggerrrt an' she says we hafta wait 'notherrr few days 'forrrre she can d' a test, an' ... umm ... m-m' perrrriods ain' c'me back yet bu' ... bu' wha' if I am?"

Rahne: Though she hoped like hell she wasn't, no fucking WAY she could deal with a baby right now.

Victor: "I...." Vic groaned, reaching up with his free hand and rubbing his face. "Rahne, I don' know. We deal. Or somethin'. Now's not a good time t' be askin' me anythin' like tha'." Oh god, and he still had to tell her about his slip. No way in hell was he doing that now.

Rahne: "I ... I know ... it's ... it's jus' ..." her voice trailed off and became very small, "'M scarrred ... I miss yerrr ... when'rrre yerrr goin' back?"

Victor: "I....I miss y' too...." Vic hissed between his fangs. "I can' stay much more'n a day or so pup. I....we gotta do everythin' we can f' this....fuckin' X-Men my ass."

Victor: He gently stroked her cheek, mustering a smile from somewhere. "Everythin'll be okay, babes." God, he wished someone would do that for him....

Rahne: Rahne sighed and snuggled further up Vic's chest, laying more on her front and wrapping both arms around his shoulder. "Aye ... yerrr gonna be askin' ferrr a 28 hourrrr day t' fit all yerrr extrrra trrrainin' in?" She joked gently.

Rahne: "Umm ... d' yerrr .... d'yerrr thin' yerrr coul' wai' an' ... an' stay wit' m' till tha 13th? G' h'me on tha evenin'?" She hoped he would remember and not ask her why.

Victor: Vic frowned. 13th? What-oh. Shit. A year. Just a year. "Yeah....yeah, I c'n do tha'." He sighed at the feel of Rahne's arms around him. A year....almost to the day....and more of his friends were trapped. Jesus. Shitty timing. And that meant - oh hell no he was not thinking about him. "That'll be fine, babes."

Rahne: Rahne smiled greatfully and laid her head in the crook of his neck "Love yerrr Vic .. it'll all b' 'kay."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Awww… have I mentioned lately how nice it is to have Rahne back, even if she’s wolfy and off in Scotland? :)
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

So, so nice :) So much love for the both of them.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Yay for some mutual comfort! They both know what its like.

paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

:rogue runs away. :wolfsbane is gonna kill her for smooching her boyfriend...

awesome instance you two. really sad :(
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone