1/8 Instance: "Looking Into The Matter."

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Timeline after latest fic of Scott's.

Summers: The vague sense of horror had blossomed into full-on terror as Scott watched Essex lay out an array of instruments on a little table. "So...what exactly are you going to do to me today? I'm late for a date with the sun room." He swallowed nervously.

DrEssex: "You won't be going today. I'd like to explore why your power is released out of your eyes...what sort of innervation that requires."

Summers: "Huh?" Scott's mind drew a blank, and he darted a glance at a tool that
looked like a shallow spoon.

Summers: "Oh- oh no. The hell you're gonna poke into my eyes."

DrEssex: "Hmm. Not 'into' exactly. Nor 'eyes'. One will be quite sufficient." He picked a long needled syringe and filled it with local. "We'll use your left eye for the study. Just try and relax and take deep breaths."

DrEssex: He pushed Scott's head too one side firmly, noting considerable resistance as he tried to position his head so it could be properly strapped.

Summers: He twisted his head violently and sank his teeth into the heel of Essex's hand. "Get the hell away from me," he snarled, blood trickling down his chin as Essex stepped back.

DrEssex: Withdrawing his hand sharply he looked at the wound with slight annoyance, as he walked over to the sink to wash it. "Restrain him." He ordered the two guards as he washed the wound out. He'd have to start on prophylactic antibiotics. Human bites were so messy and he had experienced one infection a couple of years ago - that was enough for him

Summers: He tried to bite the guards, but they managed to strap his head into place unscathed. He watched as Essex finished bandaging his hand, and screwed his eyes shut. "You know, maybe when your test subjects start saying no, that should be the time to quit."

DrEssex: "Hmm. And then where would I get?" He put his gloves on with a snap, and then placed fingertips to the corner of Scott's eye. "Now, Mr. Summers. I would strongly suggest that you do not move, or you will simply cause yourself pain and perhaps damage." He picked the needle up and began infiltrating the tissue. "Oh. And this will sting, but will numb quickly after that."

Summers: He wouldn't give him the satisfaction of whimpering, but he couldn't help the tears. This had to be a nightmare. Some sort of freudian-inspired nonsense. He'd fallen asleep on the couch watching a horror movie. was all this was. Angel would shake his shoulder soon. He blinked as Essex withdrew, placing the needle on an empty tray. "You'd get pretty far if the people you tested agreed to do it, I'm sure. You wouldn't have to waste so much money on guards and such. More money for the research."

DrEssex: "Mr. Summers, as I am sure you are aware, mutants aren't very commonplace
as of yet. Mutants of your...caliber, shall we say, are even rarer. Do you honestly think that I could get a volunteer sample this large?" he shook his head. "Do not be naive."

DrEssex: He thumbed back Scott's eyelid, and placed a retractor under bot the upper and lower lids, prying them wide apart. "Now you may find that you feel some pressure with this. Let me know if there is pain though - the nerve block that I used should be adequate, but I need to know if it is not."

Summers: "I'm - what the fuck are you going to do?" He asked, trying to move his head to try another bite. Tried to close his eye, but couldn't. "I'm not naive. I'm being practical. And I'm not that interesting. Death-ray eyes. Oooh - so interesting." He wiggled his fingers to convey his sarcasm.

DrEssex: "How very modest of you. Please let me know if you experience any loss of vision. You may have blurring - but it shouldn't completely go." With that he inserted the probe and applied outward pressure.

Summers: He squirmed uncomfortably, trying to look over his nose with his other eye to see what the hell Essex was doing to him. The pressure intensified, and he tried to jerk his head away. "What are you doing to me?" He stilled as the pressure suddenly lessened, and his vision went blurry through his left eye - as if a white veil had been drawn over it. "Did you just take my eye out? Jesus H. Christ put it back you lunatic!" His voice cracked, and he started struggling in earnest.

DrEssex: "Right." He poked around the eye socket, teasing a bit of tissue back a little so he could visualize the optic nerve a bit better. "You would find this fascinating Mr. Summers."

Summers: "Oh my god. Put it back in right now." He shivered as the points of pressure moved around the socket. "I don't find mutilating people's faces fascinating. I find it sick." With those words, his stomach turned, and he couldn't think what worse - the mental image of vomit getting in there or his eyeball dangling out of the socket if
Essex turned him over in time. He clamped his jaws together and swallowed what came up.

DrEssex: "This isn't mutilating. This is surgical exploration. Butchers mutilate. I am a doctor." He prodded Scott's nerve. "You have additional nerve bundles that spiral around your optic nerve. Were you aware of that? I suspect this must be how your power is transmitted, seeming as I cannot understand any other use for them."

Summers: Scott whimpered, mouth still shut tight. He didn't much care. A good imaging scan would have told them as much. But no. Dr. Psycho popped people's eyeballs out just to make sure. "Calling yourself a doctor means jack shit if it's the same thing you're doing, if you called yourself anything else,” he said finally, once he felt certain his stomach had settled.

DrEssex: He simply ignored Scott for a while, taking a few pictures as he worked. Really, it didn't matter what the boy said. It wasn't about him. He finally finished the exam and picked up a couple of micro-electrodes. "I'm just inserting a couple of sensors along the nerve and then I will replace your eye. You should have no ill effects once you recover."

Summers: He nodded as best he could. Whatever made him put his eye back in faster.

Summers: Praying his power would fry them, he lay back as another headache hit. They came nearly every day, all day. Some were worse than others. This was low-grade, but with the strange, disjointed vision that came along with his normal right eye's vision, it would probably fast become debilitating.

DrEssex: He gathered Scott's eye back up in some damp cotton and pushed gently until he could feel it slip back into place. He examined it carefully, checking to be sure that movement had returned before he released the eyelid retractor. "Blink if you would. How is your vision?"

Summers: Scott blinked, but stayed silent. He'd be damned if he was going to converse with something so inhuman. He could see pretty well for the most part. It was still blurry, but it felt all right. But then again it was numb, so what could he say about it?

DrEssex: He noted the stubborn tightening of the jaw. "Mr. Summers, I need to know if your vision isn't working, or else I cannot correct it and you are likely to be permanently affected."

Summers: "I can see. It's a bit blurry."

DrEssex: "Good. Shut please." He laid some soft cotton over Scott's eye and taped a patch over it. "You'll be good as new in a couple of days.”
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Uuugh, so good!
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

ah, that one went past intriguingly creepy. It went straight to disgustingly horrifying.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

:eek :yuck

Awesome job making me squirm.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

That was disgusting. :urg

well played
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

I second Slarti's :yuck face. that was absolutely grossly horrifically vomit-inducing.

good job though!
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by JSherlock »

:D It was fun. Paws and I was going ewww eww ewwwwwwww! The whole time. ><

[Edited on 9/1/2008 by JSherlock]
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
Modern_Druid57
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Wee Willy Winky

Post by Modern_Druid57 »

Like Ewwwwwwwww
I am the Guardian of The Eye of the Moon

[img]http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... 777788[img]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

:D.

Eyes do squick me. I can be a lot grosser though. ;)

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by JSherlock »

Yes you can, Paws. :P
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be...

that was awesome :D
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Amamelina »

:stunned Remind me to not read the Essex instances when I'm eating. That was disturbing.
I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm is never glum. Cause how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum!