1/13 Instance: Time for a Cool Down

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

after Passing Judgement

Talia: Talia moved straight to the cupboards as she entered the kitchen, digging out the bag of chips and box of cookies. She'd finally gotten Johnny down to sleep, a few hours after speaking with Cessily. And she just needed something. Chips and cookies seemed good.

Rogue: Rogue picked her head up from it's resting place on her arms, from her seat at the kitchen table, "Hey, TJ. How are ya?" She rested her chin on her hands, a bottle of water the only thing in front of her.

Talia: "I'm pretty..." she sat at the table, ripping open the bag. "Tense....you?"

Rogue: "Good word. Ah'd guess, exhausted would havta be mine f' tha day. Emotionally moreso than anythin' else." She cocked her head to the side, "Ya tense 'bout somethin' 'sides tha obvious, sugah?"

Talia: She popped a handful of chips into her mouth. "I could really use a smoke..."

Rogue: Rogue finally sat up, her eyes wide, "What?" After the initial shock of her saying that wore off, she finally gave TJ a look that said 'spill it', "What happened?"

Talia: "I talked to Cessily...she's just making me question everything..." she smirked a bit oddly. "I haven't smoked in like...at least six months...I haven't even wanted it til today..."

Talia: "You did alot of training I guess?" she asked as she pulled out a cookie.

Rogue: Rogue propped her elbow on the table so she could rest her chin in her hand, "What do ya mean? What's she makin' ya question?" She picked at the label on the water, "Yeah, but what gave it away? That Ah'm drinkin' water f' once?"

Talia: "You look like...all flushed like you got a workout," she replied, putting her foot up on a chair next to her. She'd never felt such a strong urge to smoke...at least since Johnny was born. Well, excepting the one time last semester. "I've just been like....she told me she doesn't want me to go on the mission."

Rogue: "Sugah, can ya blaim her? Ah told ya mahself, Ah was worried 'bout it. But ya gotta do whatcha gotta do." She tore some of the label off of the bottle and played with it between her fingers, "So, that irritated ya? Why didn't it when Ah told ya, then?"

Talia: TJ frowned. "Because she made me feel like a bad mother for it...like, I wasn't even thinking about Johnny. She said I was being reckless and Remy was too." She huffed a little breath out. "And...it's not fair....I have thought about it so much...but at the same time, she's still right."

Talia: "This is just so shitty, cause I gotta do this...I know I do. But then....I'm being a shitty mother for it for leaving Johnny behind possibly without his parents?" she dropped her head down on the table. "I don't even think like that...I just know it's going to work out. I have to..."

Rogue: Rogue put her hand on TJ's shoulder, "Teej, ya not a bad mama. Not at all. Ah know this has gotta be a difficult decision f' ya, sugah. If somethin' ends up happenin' ta tha both of y'all, God f'bid, Johnny still has family that loves him an' can take care of him. So it's not like ya leavin' him ta be totally alone in tha world if somethin' happens. So that should ease ya might a smidge."

Rogue: "But ya know, Ah think ya right. Taday, in trainin' we might've fought with each other a bit, but we kicked tha two mutants asses we came upon last time, plus some extra guards. Ah think we'll do fine next time."

Talia: "Yeah? It's way good you guys are doing better with that...we really need you for it," she replied. "And we've been doing good working with infiltration too. This time it's totally gonna work out."

Rogue: "Great." Rogue couldn't help but smile, "Ah have a feelin' it's gonna be tough.. But, who knows? Maybe this Essex guy has his head so far up his ass that he'll be unprepared when we come back." A wicked grin replaced the small smile, "Bet he is. Bet he's just that damned cocky as ta think that he could take us when we came back with less resistance."

Talia: She smiled. "Maybe...hopefully..." her smile faltered a bit. "This'll be so nice when it's all over, won't it? It'll be so good to all get back to normal..."

Rogue: "Yeah. It will..." Rogue sat up a little straighter, "Ah don't wanna get too ahead of ourselves, but.. maybe, 'fore we leave on tha next mission, we could hang a banner or somethin'. Make it real cheery, so when we bring everybody home, they'll be overly-happy ta be here."

Talia: She bit her lip. "That's cute...." She wasn't sure if there would be much celebration, remembering the recovery from the Fringes fight. "I'm sure everyone will be happy to be back...but they may need like, time too, you know?"

Rogue: "Ah'm not sayin' like a party or anythin'. Just somethin' that says 'welcome home'. Might help emphasize tha home part. Ya know?"

Talia: "True...it's not a bad idea," she said, scrubbing her face a bit. "I don't get why this always happens..."

Rogue: "Why what always happens, sugah?" Rogue took a small sip of her water and let her thumb smash the plastic a little to make a cracking noise.

Talia: "These things, why we always gotta fight," she dug for another handful of chips. "Something always happens, people get taken or something, and we gotta fight. I never had to fight before I got here..."

Rogue: "Ah dunno, sugah. Wish Ah had an answer f' ya." She stared into the clear liquid for a moment, then looked back at TJ, "Ah had ta fight alot 'fore Ah got here. Nevah had anybody get taken 'fore though.. 'Course ain't nobody 'round me ta get taken anyhow. But mostly, ta me, only difference is Ah got friends an' family now. An' an insane man took 'em, so Ah gotta fight him 'steada muggers or somethin'."

Talia: "Yeah, well...I know we gotta fight..and I'm willing to fight," she sighed. "It's just knowing that this is Johnny's future too..that's what worries me.."

Rogue: "We're gonna make it better f' him. You'll see. Tha world'll be a better place once he's ready ta go out on his own," she gave her a reassuring smile

Talia: "Thanks...I really hope so," she said, grabbing at another cookie. "So, um....what have you been doing?? Besides training..."

Rogue: "Keepin' mahself busy as much as possible. Thinkin' 'bout what happened just gets me angry an' keeps me that way f' a good long while. Vic an' Ah nearly killed a hologram of tha guy that made tha ceilin' collapse on Lorna an' Bobby." She laughed, "Sounds down-right funny, sayin' it out loud. 'Nearly killed a holorgram'."

Rogue: "What 'bout you, sugah? How ya holdin' up? How's trainin' f' y'all goin'? Ya gettin' back inta tha swing of things ok?"

Talia: "Yeah, I'm getting back into it. Everyone else is so so good at it, but I'm catching on really quick," she took a bite. "And it's been better since Jean Luc came..he's been watching Johnny for me so I could train and do classes without worrying about him."

Rogue: "Great. Ah'm glad ya gettin' back inta it so easy." One of her eyebrows arched up, "Jean-Luc's here? Ah didn't know that. Ah need ta make some time ta see him.. Not sure when Ah can though. That's awful nice of him ta help out so much. How's he doin', knowin' Remy's...there."

Talia: "He's pretty worried, but like, obviously," she told Rogue. "He's worried about me going in too. Which...reminds me, I should call my parents..." She paused. That wasn't going to be easy.

Talia: "But he loves spending time with Johnny and all....I guess its sad like...the circumstances.."

Rogue: "Yeah. Ah wish tha circumstances were better f' him ta visit... Ah'd cook a huge dinner f' y'all or somethin'." She paused and looked TJ in the eyes, concerned, "Ya haven't told ya parents what's goin' on yet? Why not?"

Talia: "Because I don't wanna give them more reason to hate the fact I'm here. I don't wanna make them worry, and I know they do," she said. "This would just make them worry even more, and make my Dad wanna come here and like, make a fuss."

Rogue: Rogue nodded, "Oh ok. Ah gotcha. That makes sense. But Ah agree with ya. Ah think ya need ta call 'em. Ya worked out whatcha gonna tell 'em yet?"

Talia: Talia shook her head. "No...not yet..." she took a breath. "I guess I'll just tell them whats happening...and then they'll freak and...I dunno..."

Rogue: "Just kinda gonna play it by ear, then? That might be safer," she told TJ. "Ya know, they just care 'bout ya. So, them freakin' means they care. If they don't, Ah guess it could mean one of two things. Either they don't care, or they don't think it's that big a deal... Which, Ah guess would mean they don't care." She frowned as she tried to work out her logic, "Ok, that didn't make sense."

Talia: "Yeah...I know they care..." she nodded. "And I get why they'd freak out. If anything like this happened to Johnny, I would freak the hell out too. But like, it just makes it easier not to tell them....I never told them about the Fringes thing.."

Rogue: "Ya didn't? Well... That should make this a lil easier. Not much, but at least it's not three in a row f' them, ya know?"

Talia: "Well...they don't know about the Black Air stuff either...I was home when all that happened," she explained. "I didn't really do anything with that.."

Rogue: "So, then, technically, ya in tha clear as far as marks on their 'saftey list' right?"

Talia: "I guess, yeah," she glanced at the monitor. "I'll call tomorrow or something. I think now I should go to bed....have training early and all. Jean Luc's supposed to be here at 6 am."

Rogue: Rogue nodded, "Ok, sugah. Sleep well. Give Johnny a kiss f' me, an' give Jean-Luc mah best?" She smiled at TJ, "If ya need me, don't hesistate ta holler. Ah'll be up, most likely."

Talia: "I will," she stood and put away what was left of the chips and cookies. "Thanks Rogue. I'll see you in the morning.."
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

[quote]
"Sounds down-right funny, sayin' it out loud. 'Nearly killed a holorgram'."
[/quote]

And it sounds even funnier in Rogue-speak! Best typo evar!

Awww, good moment for the girls. TJ’s parents are SO gonna shit bricks.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Hah - everyone is all 'stay home' TJ. I think it all just built until Cess was that straw that broke the back.

But yeah - a nice moment for these guys. Not long now - hang in there - Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.