1/19 Instance: Spunky Knows Best

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timelined concurrent to the Jan. 19th game.

Laura: Laura sat on the saggy couch, one of her legs tucked under her, giving Bobby another encouraging smile, then glanced around the room again. Weeeeird.

Laura: Her hand went into her pocket, checking her cell was still in there, feeling nervous. It was scary, just sitting here and waiting...She hoped the teams'd get everyone back home okay. "Wanna 'nother soda?" she asked, reaching for a can from the snack heavy table.

Bobby: Bobby shook himself slightly, not really looking at Laura. "No, thanks." He slouched lower into the sofa, trying very hard to not think about ... well, anything. I should have gone. I could help. Fucking McCoy.

Laura: Her smile faded a little, but she kept it up to disguise the wrinkling of her nose; she was still weirded out by the fact he smelt different. Another smell to get used to, well, not like she didn't have to deal with that a lot...

Laura: Like...he was 'new' or something. Bastard creep was gonna pay for what he'd done. Damn good she wasn't on combat! She'd waaaay be ass kicking!

Bobby: "You don't have to babysit me, Laura." Even this far in the mansion's basement, he had heard the jet take off a while ago. He was useless. Improving, but too unstable to go back, McCoy had bluntly said. There was nothing he could do now but wait.

Laura: "I'm not here cause I have to be... I missed you tons, I want to be here," she murmured quietly and nibbled one of those Jammie thingies Lizzie had given her for Bobby. She could tell he was real restless and she didn't blame him, but..."You're kinda making it hard on yourself by just sitting. We could play on the playstation."

Bobby: Bobby rolled his head to the side to look at Laura. Still all big eyes and looking a lot like a little hamster gnawing on that Jammie Dodger in her hand. Don't be an ass.

Bobby: "I missed you too, Spunky." He tried a smile. "I appreciate it... I just don't feel like playing. I should be doing something fucking useful."

Laura: Swallowing the cookie, she sighed. "Bobby... There isn't much we can do right now. I know you don't wanna be here, but... You've not been back long, you need to - Just be here for a while. They only want what's best for you."

Bobby: "What's best? What would have been best is me going to get Lorna back!" He sat up, voice rising. She had to be all right. They'd get her back, and help her, fix her... and everything would be okay. Right? He ground his teeth. "I'm fine. I could have gone."

Laura: She didn't know what to say to that. "Well, grown ups aren't always right but they're not always wrong... You just gotta respect what they think. They know what they're doing and the teams won't get beat again. They'll make sure Lorna gets back to you..."

Bobby: Grown ups? He closed his mouth with a click of teeth. There was a reason Laura was on a home team. "I'm sure you're probably right," he said with a forced smile. None of this was Laura'a fault. Time to change the subject. "Yeah... um, it was kinda a shock to see Eve back, even though he couldn't go..."

Laura: "Everyone was pleased to see him back, well, everyone who knew who he was anyway..." fidgeting slightly, she drank some soda, trying not to stare a little; she was paranoid he was going to be gone again and she didn't want that to happen, plus he was like, Rae pale or something.

Bobby: "Heh, yeah, I bet. At least now Namor knows he's really a guy." Bobby stretched his arms out in front of him, cracking his neck. How was it he could manage to have the same crick in his neck as before? Shouldn't it be impossible?

Bobby: He noticed Laura watching him and turned a little in the sofa to face her. "So... how're you doing? I imagine things were kind of... um, busy."

Laura: "I'm okay...It's been crazy here, you know what it was like, then when you all went on the mission, then they came back...It was just horrible. They dumped the jet out front and everyone was all upset, then we all started training like crazy."

Laura: Moving her leg out from under her, she sat cross legged on the sofa, picking at a loose thread on her jeans. "It was just hard to even smile. You felt bad for it, or laughing about something funny someone said. The school feels strange when it's empty. Too many ghost smells."

Bobby: Bobby focussed on her hands as she spoke. Pick, pick. Lorna picking at her skin, smirking up at him. He shook his head quickly to clear it. "Nah, nothing to feel bad for. I don't think any of us would want you guys to all be miserable back here... I knew you guys would find us." Except they didn't, did they?

Laura: "We have and we like, tried to stay positive about everything but it was real hard at times..." Okay, she should be making him happy not dragging this crap up!

Bobby: "I know." He looked back up at her face and smiled. "It'll be okay." How many times did you tell Lorna that? Stop it!

Bobby: "Um... so, I know this couldn't have been your first choice in places to keep me out from underfoot." He waved a hand at the geek lair, complete with messy game table looking just as they'd left it weeks ago.

Laura: She looked around, supressing a giggle. "Welll...I know you like it down here and it has all the gamey stuff you guys like...I figured you'd like it better down here. You guys have some weird DVDs though!"

Bobby: "Yeah... well, a lot of the anime is Lizzie's. You've seen some of it, Spunky. That makes you an honorary geek." His smile faded a little. The last time he'd been here was playing with Lorna and Liz.

Bobby: Bobby got up and walked to the table, picking up the pewter dragon Lorna had levitated across the board. She'd even made the little roaring sounds. His throat closed. She killed me.

Laura: "Oh yeah! Like, the cat one and the one with the wolves!" she nodded, sitting up a little and turning, watchng him at the table with the funny little figure things. "D'you wanna watch one?"

Laura: Hopping up, Laura took a wander over, peeking at the dragon. "I'm sure they'll be back real soon..." Going in her pocket, she checked her cell again.

Bobby: "Yeah." He closed his fist over the figure. No. She's sick. Not her fault. "Um, look... when they do get back, you should be prepared. People will be ... different. You might want to give them all some space."

Laura: Her lip wobbled a bit. "Okay...I promise I won't go weird on them, they're our friends. I just want them back..."

Bobby: "They are...mostly." Remy came to mind and he worked to stifle the rage. Didn't matter. He'll get his.

Laura: Something was making him angry there...She slipped her hand around his, giving it a pat. "D'you wanna watch a DVD then?"

Bobby: Bobby swallowed hard and took her hand. "Sure, Spunky, I'm all yours."

Laura: Standing on her toes, Laura reached up and put her arms around his neck, giving him a tight hug. "It'll be okay."
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

D'awwwwwww! Yeah, d'aww.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. My teeth have officially rotted out.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Bobby: Bobby rolled his head to the side to look at Laura. Still all big eyes and looking a lot like a little hamster gnawing on that Jammie Dodger in her hand. Don't be an ass.

LOVED that. And very aww poor Bobby.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Finally came around reading this. Eeeeeee! <3 Laura. So much <3 for Laura. Too sweet! :)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen