1/20 Instance: Permanent Solutions

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline two days after the rescue

Talia: TJ pulled the razor back over his head, wincing as he moved slightly. "Stay still, I don't wanna nick you," she said, rinsing it in the bowl of water beside her, before moving to shave another section. Her other hand held his chin steady, and a large part of her was just so thrilled to be close to him, and touching him again...even if it meant preparing him for....this.

Remy: "I'm jus'...concentratin'. Its hard." He held his eyes squeezed tightly shut, keeping a rein on his power with a stranglehold, the scrape of the blade along his head oddly soothing. It was her hand he was most worried about. He could feel sweat running down his back from the strain.

Talia: "Relax," she leaned in to give him a kiss. "You're not gonna hurt me," she rinsed the razor again, lifting off one last patch of cream from his head, before rubbing a towel over it. "Done. How does it feel?"

DrMcCoy: "Thank you, Miss Palmer," Hank said, writing up the last of his notes in preparation, then scrubbing up at the sink. "I'm afraid... my staff is somewhat overwhelmed. I appreciate your assistance." He set the scrub down slowly and stayed at the sink. They should have their moment.

Remy: "Feels weird. Like dere's way too much of a breeze dan dere should be." He pulled gently away from her putting distance between them. "How does it look?" He ran a tentative hand over it. Smooth. Shocking sense of heat and cold, expecially in the chill of the med lab's prep area.

Talia: She frowned as he shifted away, then put on a smile. "It looks....different. I think it's gonna take me a bit to get used to," she snickered a bit. "But maybe Professor Xavier can give you styling pointers."

Remy: He made a face. "Oh great. Dat's d' look I was goin' for wit' dis." He searched her face intently again. It was like he couldn't get enough of her - trying to burn as many pictures into his mind as he could. "Je t'aime."

Talia: Her eyes began to tear up, and she grabbed his hand, squeezing it. "I love you too." she said with a sniffle.

DrMcCoy: However, they were on a schedule. "Ah, excellent work, Talia." He ran a hand over Remy's head. "All right, Mr. LeBeau. Are we ready?"

Remy: "Oui. Best t' get on wit' it before I give dis place a remodel, neh?" He reached over briefly skimming his hand over TJ's hair. "Don' cry. It'll all be ok. Y' can bring Johnny in after all dis, oui?"

Talia: She nodded, giving his hand a kiss. "I'll....I'll see you after.." she said, leaning in to give him a real kiss before he tried to stop her.

Talia: When she parted from him, she stood, and turned to Dr. McCoy. "Take good care of him...please?"

DrMcCoy: "You are correct, Mr. LeBeau," Hank said, measuring out the proper dose of drugs in a syringe. The methodone from earlier was a sufficient dose, and now he only needed an anesthetic cocktail. "I will, Talia." He injected the port in Remy's IV.

Remy: He watched her go as the drugs took hold, making his sag back onto the bed. He felt McCoy lower the head of it so he was flat on his back. "So..." He had to fight through it to talk. "Y' think dis will go well, oui? Fix dis problem?"

DrMcCoy: "Yes, Mister... Remy. I believe it should. Just relax. Sleep, and when you awake you can begin anew."

Remy: "I don' want y' takin' dis d' wrong way. I know y're a good doctor." He had to deal with a sudden flash of being back...there...and took a deep breath, focusing intently on the doctor hovering above him. "But if y' can't...y' gotta do me a favor."

Remy: "I'm too dangerous like dis. Can charge people up. Blow tall buildin's without a thought." He chuffed out some ill humored laughter. "Feel like I can burn d' world up wit' one thought. Kill...Dieu. I could kill so many people if I lose control like dis. Y' gotta promise - if y' don' think y' got it, jus' let me go. No one needs t' know a thing. Jus' a little complication wit' d' surgery, non?"

DrMcCoy: "I..." Hank just stared at Remy. "You know I can't do that, Remy. I took an oath... I..." But Remy was right. His life, or countless others. He injected the final anesthetic. "Just, relax, Remy. It will all be over soon... one way or another."

Remy: "Merci." The last of the word was drawn out as he was rushed away into oblivion.
Remy:

Talia: Talia sat in the chair beside Remy's bed, Johnny in her lap fiddling with his baby cellphone. A few more of his toys were scattered on the floor. They'd been there for a few hours now, waiting on Remy to wake up. There was no guarantee when that would be, but the waiting was killing her. She bounced Johnny a bit, his phone playing some music and he giggled away.

Remy: He twitched a bit, feeling something warm holding his hand. He could hear the oddest things. It took a while to realize what he was hearing was real and not some odd pipe dream. He opened his eyes a crack and slid them over to the right of his bed. He watched Talia bounce Johnny on her knee, and felt the first trickle of warmth run down the side of his face.

Talia: Talia could feel a little twitch beside her, and turned to him, squeezing his hand. She could see the little tear run down his cheek. She shifted to face him. "Remy...baby, can you hear me?"

Remy: He blinked trying to find the words in his head. It was hard. He could tell he had a lot of painkillers on board but even with that it pounded hellishly with his pulse. Nothing seemed like it wanted to obey him. He finally managed it. "Oui."

Talia: She smiled wide, lifting his hand up to give it a kiss. "Hey...how do you feel??" Johnny dropped the phone on the ground, looking down for it, before looking back up at his father. He gave an uncertain whine, and cuddled closer to his mother.

Remy: He managed to squeeze her hand back as it tightened on his, eyes lingering over his son. "Happy."

Talia: "Me too," she said, smiling enough for a few tears to run down her face. She turned Johnny out to face Remy. "Look, Angel, your Papa's getting all better! Say hi!" Johnny turned away again, this time with an irritated cry.
Remy: He managed a small smile and just watched him. "Look...funny?"

Talia: She hugged Johnny as he whined into her. "I think he's gotta get used to it...it's probably the tube too..." she gave him a smile. "But you don't look so bad...they say bald is beautiful."

Remy: He lifted his hand up and unsteadily put it out onto Johnny's back, touching him for a moment, and then moved it up to Talia's face. "Y' are. I'm jus'..." He frowned trying to come up with the word. "...lucky."

Talia: She put her hand over his, giving it a squeeze. "We're lucky. We're all so lucky this worked out." she chewed her lip, before smiling a bit. "I'm so lucky to have you back."

Remy: He let her support the weight of his hand, suddenly tired. "I'm sorry. Love y' both. So many."

Talia: Her brow furrowed a bit at the 'so many', but decided not to say anything. He was likely just tired and disoriented. "We love you too. Johnny missed you so so much. And don't be sorry, baby, you're here now. And everything's gonna go back to normal."

Remy: "Hurts." He closed his eyes a bit, fighting some nausea. "Love y'. Don' go yet."

Talia: She swallowed. "We're not going anywhere. What hurts? Do you need something?"

Remy: "Jus' y'." He smiled slightly again, and squeezed his hand slightly on her cheek before lowering it back to the bed, feeling shaky and weak.

Talia: Johnny squirmed so she let him down to crawl after his toys. "I'm here, and I'm gonna stay." She picked up his hand and rubbed it against her cheek again. "I just love feeling you again."

Remy: He closed his eyes and fell back asleep listening to the pair of them, feeling Talia's touch on him without worry of hurting her. It was heaven.

[Edited on 20/1/08 by fourpawsonthefloor]

[Edited on 20/1/08 by HoodedMan]

[Edited on 20/1/08 by fourpawsonthefloor]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

baldy
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Heh, still not the right word: Permanent! :shifty

and yeah, baldy...
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

very interesting. cool that he's better for now.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Baldy. :) Poor guy. But he made it!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro