01/21 Instance: Friends in Unlooked For Places.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Timelined after the Bobby/Rahne instance

<Lorna> Lorna closed the laptop that Bobby had brought down for her and sat it aside. It was certainly good to keep her entertained in the medlab but one could only troll around myspace so many times. Instead Lorna snatched a book from the little stack by the chair, hoping it would help put her to sleep again or at least get Jockey Full of Bourbon out of her head again. She was pretty sure Dr. McCoy was getting tired of hearing her mutter 'hey little bird, fly away home'.

<Rahne> Rahne knocked on the door of the room Lorna was in and poked her head around, "I know it can get a wee bit borrin' down herre frr'm experriance, figurred yerr may wan' s'me company Lorna, can I come in?"

<Lorna> Lorna looked up from the book and sat it back on the pile gladly. "Hey Rahne, sure. Come on in. Yeah, it can be a bit slow down here, can't it?" Rahne comes to see you but I didn't come see Rahne, did I? Such a good friend you are, Lorna Dane. Too afraid to make someone uncomfortable to be a friend.

<Rahne> "T' put it polietly," Rahne smiled and slipped in, she smelt a little uncomfortable, "How arre yerr then? Trreatin' yer good down herre?"

<Lorna> Lorna smiled back, pushing the thought to the back of her mind for now. She would just have to make up for it, there was nothing else she could really do. "Loads better, just tired really and I suppose a bit confusing at times. I'm being pretty spoiled really although I'm afraid Annie might attack my skin with the loofah again." Lorna laughed and was relieved to find that it was a real one.

<Lorna> "How are you doing? I bet Vic's glad to see you."

<Rahne> Rahne grinned "Oh he is, he is, I heard 'bou' yerr ... skin thin'? How's tha goin'? I'm good, much betterr."

<Lorna> "I'm really glad to hear that." Lorna grinned back, quickly shoving back the beginning of a thought on how poorly she had shown her concern before. "Yeah, Josh and Lizzie both did me huge favours at the rescue. I'm going to have to thank them a lot when I get the chance. McCoy seems pretty sure I'm healthy but just wants to keep me in observation for a while."

<Lorna> Lorna's grin twitched briefly. "My skin still itches a bit but I think that's just more me being in the habit of scratching the skin off than anything actually being wrong."

<Rahney> "Tha verry keen on obserrvin' folk down herre ain' tha?" Rahne winked, "Figurrred ou' wherre tha secrret camerra's arre yet?"

<Rahney> She nodded, "Aye I guess, tha' makes sense, I saw Bobby tha o'err day, he seems t' be doin' good t', yerr lucky t' have each o'err."

<Lorna> "Very lucky." Lorna nodded in agreement. Considering I let him die. That thought quickly went back with the others. "Secret cameras, you say? I'm afraid they'll be really boring to watch. A whole lot of me sleeping. Or waking up suddenly and muttering about chess." Lorna took a moment before realizing that that last bit had slipped out. "Eh, sorry. My thoughts slip out once in a while like that."

<Rahne> Rahne gave Lorna a reassuring smile "Eh, it's 'kay ... chess was nae'err really m' thin', 'ways wen' t' slow ferr m' ... I always preferred snakes an' ladders ... o' mousetrap."

<Rahne> "Yerr guys really have gone thrrough a lot, I've hearrd a wee bit 'bout it ..."

<Lorna> Mousetrap. Lorna couldn't help but smile at that although the idea of what her subconscious could do with that game to wake her up at night wasn't really all that pleasant to think of. Lorna tried to return Rahne’s smile though.

<Lorna> "Yeah, it was pretty messed up..." That's probably the worst understatement I've made in my life.

<Rahne> Rahne's smile turned a little sad, "Heh, yeah ... I can believe tha' ... yerr know if yerr wanna talk 'bou' anythin' I'm herre ... I heard 'bou' tha whole Malice thin' ..."

<Lorna> Lorna gave up on the smile once Malice was brought up. "Yeah, I'm just glad she's gone." And that you have such an easy out for everything that happened. Might not be my fault that Bobby was not quite dead but the hands aren't quite clean, are they?

<Lorna> "And that she didn't do as much damage as I thought we...she had done." Lorna caught herself chewing on her lip and quickly put a stop to that. "I suppose you just don't get used to that sort of thing, do you?"

<Rahne> "Nae, fr'm m' experriance minds arre only mean' t' hold one perrson ... yerr jus' need t' keep on tellin' yersel' that it ain't yerr fault .. wasn't yerr faul' she ended up in therrre eitherr."

<Lorna> Whoever that was was going through the same thing I was. Wasn't her fault either. "Yeah, I just have to keep reminding myself once in awhile...have people been talking about how she got in?" Lorna wasn't sure how she felt about that getting out. Well, she knew she felt pretty lousy about people knowing but she wasn't sure that that should stop them knowing.

<Rahne> Rahne shook her head, "Nae ... nae'one tha i've heard. How did she get in? Werre yerr nae shieldin' o' s'methin'?"

<Lorna> Lorna looked down at her hands laying on her lap. She knew she had to tell people about this and if she had to start with someone Rahne seemed rather appropriate. That didn't mean that the conversation was going to be pretty though. "Malice gets in through touch I think. She can jump from body to body like that. After the ceiling cut me and Bobby off from the others we could hear her and some other people coming around the corner."

<Lorna> Lorna swallowed. She wasn't going to let her voice start shaking like it was threatening to do. "The body she was in came at me and, well I don't remember quite what hold I was going on for her, something like a sleeper hold but once I got my hands on her the body went limp. Her neck snapped."

<Rahne> Rahne's ears laid back sadly and she reached out and touched Lorna's hand "'M s'rry ... tha's nae a nice thin' t' g' thrrough, but it was an acciden' wasn't it? Yerr gotta hol' ont' tha'."

<Lorna> Lorna managed a smile and turned her hand over to squeeze Rahne's. "Yeah, it was. I know it was." Lorna let a awkward laugh escape. "It helped to say it out loud more than I thought it would. Guess I was nagging myself about how people would react along with everything else."

<Lorna> Lorna's smiled a bit better. "Thanks a lot Rahne."

<Rahne> Rahne nodded, "It's 'kay, perfectly underrrstandable, yerr gonna be nerrvous," I sure as hell was ... am ... at least yours was an accident "It's not exactly an' easy thin' t' say, is it? Bu' I wouldn't fuss, it's nae like anyone here hasn't got thin's in thier pas' tha' they're ashamed o'."

<Lorna> Good job there, Dane. Way to wake up some unpleasant memories there. "Yeah, I'll try to keep the fussing down. No need to keep picking at things, right?"

<Rahne> Rahne frowned a little, "I dinnae mean don't talk 'bou' it, o'err wise it'll jus' festerr ... have yerr been t' see Dai yet o' anythin'?"

<Lorna> Lorna couldn't help but look almost sheepish as visiting Dai was brought up. "No, not yet. I know I should. Heck, I doubt they'll let me not see her even if I didn't want to."

<Lorna> "It's just admitting that I need the help and doing the actual going that's hard now."

<Rahne> "It's was tha hardest part ... havin' get o'er a ... violation I thin's tha worrd, like tha is gonna take time, then yerr've got tha guilt an' everythin' Essex did t' yerr ontoppa tha' t' ... I ain't gonna lie it's gonna b' tough, bu' once yerr've starrted it gets betterrr a lot fasterr."

<Lorna> "Yeah, violation's a pretty fitting word." Lorna nodded, it was something like the burglar coming into the house and taking up residence for a while. "It's nice to hear that it does get better. I'll ask McCoy when he'll let me slip away from his secret cameras to go see her." Lorna gave Rahne a grin at that, she was a good friend; one that Lorna hadn't quite realized she had until now.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

:( lorna. Its good to see Rahne back out and about so much too!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Awwww, yup! Very good one, ladies. It's good to see Rahne helping somebody else who had a somewhat similar experience in a lot of ways.