01/21 Instance: The Plunge.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Timeline current

Rachel shouldered the door to the kitchen open and slipped in, setting the fudge Ben had made her on the table. She figured she should share it since there was no way she could eat it all by herself. After the food they'd fed her, it was too sweet and made her stomach hurt.

"Hey, Tess. I brought fudge," she took a seat. "Ben made it. I haven't keeled over yet, so I don't think it's poisonous."

Tessa snorted at the comment and shrugged her rather ill-fitting borrowed shirt off. "Ben made you fudge? Are you sure it doesn't have web in it?"

She moved around the kitchen collecting things from cabinets and the refrigerator, balancing them on the tray on her hip. "Do you want regular bread, or pita?"

"No, but he also ate some. My guess is that it's safe. I can't eat it all without puking. Too sweet." She shrugged, "Regular's fine."

Tess nodded and picked up the loaf by the end of the bag, bringing it over to the counter and dropping all the assorted items on it. "Forgive me if I'm a bit weird. Didn't intend to sleep that long. What do you want on yours?" She asked, looking up and trying to open a new jar of pickles. She settled for whacking it on the counter to pop it.

"No problem. I can't really say anything about weird right now," she glanced down at her arm. Sunshine. "Whatever's fine really. Cheese, mayo, lettuce, turkey..."

"Sure you can. There's always someone weirder out there." Tess gestured absenty with the mayo knife towards the window. "I'm glad you're all back."

"True. Bobby said, while we were in there, that Andy and I look like lite brites." Rachel gave a small smile, "We're all glad to be back."

Tessa blinked. "No idea what a lite brite is, but I'd lean towards agreeing, having seen both of you now." She hesitated with the knife and slice of bread and put them down very suddenly to give Rachel a hug. "It's good to have you back, Rae."

"It's a children's toy. There's a light in it, and you stick little pegs in to make a picture. They glow." Rachel was a bit surprised by the hug but returned it, "Thanks. I'm starting to wonder how many times I've been hugged in the past few days."

"Sorry." Tess went back to making food at that, handing Rae her finished sandwich. "Between you and Bobby and Lorna all gone, no one had the heart to do anything. From what I've heard all people did was train."

"Don't be," she took the sandwich. "Yeah, that's not surprising. Ben said he stopped drinking after him and Josh got in a fight while we were gone." Yeah, leaving out falling off the building was probably a good idea. Plus, she wasn't sure he wanted anyone to know.

"I'm thinking of giving up sleep." Tess took a bite out of her pita and thought. "Guess that happens. I still don't know half of what I missed." She avoided speaking about the black and glowy-ness that covered Rae.

"Sleep is nice though. Can't say I've been getting much of it myself," she nibbled on the sandwich. "I have no clue what I missed either. I figured I'd just leave it at training."

Another bite and the pocket was rapidly disappearing. "Can never be sure I'll wake back up on time again. Andy let me sleep too long yesterday." Stnading at the kitchen counter, eating sandwiches and talking about nothing in particular, things almost seemed normal. "We should go out and party some time. You'd be a hit." She tried to smile at Rae.

"That sounds like fun, but honestly, I'd probably have a breakdown. I'm just getting my shields back up and stable. I think a group of us should all hang out sometime though."

"We could ask Kitty to make us a club in the DR." Tess came around and sat next to Rae at the table. "No shields makes for a bitch of a headache, doesn't it?"

"That'd be awesome." Rachel eyed the uneaten half of the sandwich. She could finish it, right?

"Yeah. I've had this migraine for...I don't even know how long. Since I woke up after I was captured, I think. I dunno. Memory gets fuzzy around there."

"Yeah. Rogue says I freaked when I woke up, that's pretty much the first thing that's happened since that I know for a fact wasn't a dream." She looked over cautiously. "Do you ever have that feeling? Like everything was just a dream and it should go back to normal anytime?"

"Yeah, kinda. I woke up here and thought it was all a dream. That I'd wake up back in the cell. It still takes me a minute sometimes."

"Yeah." Tess sighed. "We have to figure out how to get the industrial size Ginkgo or something."

Rachel slowly finished off the sandwich and opened the box of fudge, offering it to Tess. "Want some?"

"I dunno. I just want everything to get back to normal," she sighed, wondering what if she couldn't change back.

"Sure." She took a piece out of the box and nibbled, having to put it back down because it was so sweet. "Wow. Normal is relative. I mean, no one but you has this look. You could trademark it and make millions." Tess winked and tried to smile. "It'll settle back down soon."

She grinned, "Yeah, I suppose. I guess I won't have to find a costume for Halloween anymore."

"Least your codename fits you now. Phoenix. And you're not named for a breakfast herb." She matched grins with Rae, and added, "No more worrying about sunburns for you."

Sunshine... Rachel shoved back the urge to twitch, "Also true. Never had to worry about burning before. Avoiding daylight hours and long sleeves helps."

"True. And you no longer have to worry about your clothes matching."

"Another bonus. Too bad there's also downsides. I was fairly sure I'd melt when I took a shower earlier. And the glowing is kinda annoying when I actually try to sleep."

"Get a mask that block it out." She picked up the other pocket from the counter. "If you start melting, cover the drain. Plungering you out could be difficult."

"Yeah, I can't imagine you or Rogue would be thrilled to have that job," she smirked.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Hee!
"Yeah." Tess sighed. "We have to figure out how to get the industrial size Ginkgo or something."
Chuck needs to pick up some stock in a ginkgo plantation!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So Ben needs to work on his fudge recipe. Is this fudge just going to be passed around the whole school until someone takes a bite and likes it?

:scratch

anyways, very interesting. Good job. :thumbup
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

If the fudge doesn't make you puke, obviously there's not enough sugar in it. :D
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.