01/23 Instance: Mind your manners

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Current Timeline

Kyle scratched on the floor where he sat. Glad that Dr. McCoy and Nurse Annie agreed that strapping him to the bed would be overkill. He wasn't a prisoner, he was just, sometimes, a little dangerous. He needed to learn to keep his calm.

He could come and go, as he wanted, it was just preferred that he stayed in his room until he wasn't so...little dangerous.

Rahne knocked on Kyle's door, "Hey man, guess who, can I come in?"

Kyle lifted his head with a grunt, "Yeah".

Rahne opened the door and came in, smiling, "Hey, jus' wanted t' check up on yerr man, yerr 'kay?"

Kyle nodded, adding a growl as he breathed out in a sigh.

"Good, good, nice t' see they've let yerr outta tha infirrmary," Rahne said slightly jolliy then she felt, god the poor kid ... "Yerr up t' anythin' much?"

Kyle slowly shook his head. Also adding another growl. He looked up to Rahne. "Little...hungry."

"Easy way t' fix tha' ... wanna go down t' tha kitchen? Vic shoul' b' down therre I thin'," she backed away from the door so he'd have room to come out.

Again, not using much words he answered in a nod, and pushed him up from the floor and stumbled a little. He still wasn't used to walking like that. He moved out the door and with rahne down the hall, and then down the stairs, where he stumbled a little. He gave a deep growl.

Rahne reached out and grabbed Kyle's shoulder to steady him, "I know ... bu' it gets easierr tha m'rre yerr get used t' it." She told him.

Kyle just went on, saying nothing, until they came into the kitchen, where he expected Vic and found someone else. Another growl escaped his throat looking at Selene.

Selene perched on a stool in a corner of the kitchen, hunched over the countertop. Assorted vegetables, fruits and a pile of other foods from the pantry laid spread out around her. Occasionally, she'd take a handful of the raw stuff, drop it on her chopping board and hack it to pieces with a large kitchen knife. The results all went into the same big bowl.

Selene glanced to the side as she heard a growl, raising her eyebrows upon spotting Kyle. She debated for a moment whether it was real or not. Better to say something and find out. "Good... doggy?"

Vic unzipped the Hell's Angel jacket, flexing his hands slightly in the gloves before carefully peeling them off as he strode down the corridor, pulling his sunglasses off and tucking them into a pocket. After heading into the city to pick up a few things, he was hungry. Maybe he could pick up some food before going to visit Kyle with Rahne.

He smiled a little as he caught their scents, drawing closer to the kitchen. Or not. He ran a hand through his hair, shaking it out and swearing as he caught a knot. Bastard thing.

Rahne put a hand on Kyle's shoulder just incase and smiled, "Oh heya Selene, how'rrre yerr doin'? This is Kyle, a frrien' o' mine."

She turned to Vic, "Hey babe, have a good drrive?"

Kyle had eased a little when he felt the hand, but he still had that little urge to...no...no no no... Kyle turned to look at Vic. "Hi" he said, just lifting his raight hand for a wave, but dropped it before losing his balance.

"Oh, I see." Selene sat up and gave Rahne a nod. "Hello, Rahne. I'm doing well. How are you?" She frowned at Kyle. Rahne was seeing him, too. So either that other dog-thing was indeed real, or she was now sharing more things with Rahne than would be good for both for them. "Lovely. Say, are you two related?"

Vic snorted as he heard Selene, putting has hand on Kyle's other shoulder. "Good t' see ya up an' abou', man." He murmured, squeezing it before going into the kitchen proper. "Hope no', babes." He said drily, heading for the fridge and the raw steaks he'd seen in there earlier.

Rahne smiled a little, "Nae, we'rre jus' frrien's, wha' yerrr wanna eat Kyle?" She asked, moving into the kitchen, "I'm good, much betterr .. how 'bou' yerrsel'?"

Kyle looked at Rahne, blinking a couple times. "Meat?"

Selene blinked as the Lion-dude walked in, as well. Did Dr. McCoy secretly breed those things in the basement, or was someone spicing the local food with hair growth tonic. "Why hello there, I see the petting zoo is in town." She paused and gave Rahne a look. "No offence. Just practising my sense of humour."

"And I'm well, thank you." Too much hair, too close to the food.

Vic paused as he opened the fridge, raising an eyebrow before glancing at Rahne. Oh yeah, she'd warned him about her. At least he hadn't had a lemon thrown at him yet. "Depen's what sorta pettin' yer talkin' abou', darlin." He pulled out a couple of steaks, taking off the wrappers. "Wan' a steak, Kyle? Rahne? Wan' anythin'? An' th' name's Vic, babes."

Rahne smiled at Selene, "Ach, nae worrries, Vic's m' boyfrrien'," she turned back to him, "Surre .. I'll have wha'everr yerr havin'."

She perched herself on one of the chairs next to the counter, "Wha' yerr makin' Selene? Salad?"

Kyle's mouth actually started watering when he smelled the steaks. "Want...steak, meat." then he looked over to the plants...the fruits before Selene and winced. "Steak is better."

"Cats and dogs peacefully untied as lovers?" Selene smirked. "Who would have thought? I guess the animal kingdom should take a leaf out of that book." She glanced down at the pile of food and frowned. "Perhaps? We'll have to wait until it is finished to see what comes out of it."

"Yeah. Mebbe humans shoul' take note." Vic frowned slightly at Selene. Good job Rahne had talked to him about her....could be easily confused wth insults. Strange girl. "Though I ain' sure I like bein' called an animal." He pulled out another steak for Rahne, handing her Kyle's as well as he put his on a plate.

"But yeah. I'm kinda fond've my pet wolf." He poked his tongue out at Rahne, sitting on another stool with a creak of leather.

Rahne poked her own tounge out at Vic as she raised the steak to her mouth, "S' yerr ain' s' much cookin' as crrreatin' then Selene?"

Kyle had to go down on all fours, and had to grab his steak from Rahne with his mouth, skipping the fumbling with his stubby fingered claws.

He moved to one side of the kitchen with his steak, sat down, holding the steak with claws and ripped pieces that he ate.

"I guess one could say that," she told Rahne. "It's simply the way I'm used to prepare food. Adds a whole new level of suspense to cooking if you don't know what you are doing." Selene startled and looked over her shoulder when everyone started to... devour the raw meat. Wonderful. This was definitely not compatible with her own appetite.

Rahne shrugs, "Well, I'm surre it makes it morre interrestin' ... arre yerrr a vegetarian by tha way ... only I've neverrr seen yer eat meat."

Selene was tempted to chuckle at the question, but instead just took her time to reply. "A vegetarian? Well, yes, maybe you could call me that." She chopped a tomato and tossed it into the bowl, then looked up at Rahne. "I try to keep my diet strictly to plants whenever it is possible... yes."

Kyle gave a growl with a mouth full of meat at that idea of just eating plants.

Vic shrugged. "Rahney used t' be veggie. Even tried t' turn me one bu'...." He looked down at his steak, carefully slicing a chunk off and sniffing it. "I don' reac' well t' too many plants."

Kyle made an unusual sound that was almost like a laugh. "Mouse" he said after swallowing anothe bite of steak. "Catnip mouse." then he chuckled some more

Rahne frowned a little, "If yer ain't comforrtable wit' eatin' meat we coul g-" she caught what Kyle has said and a slightly confused look crossed her face, "Huh? Catnip mouse?"

"No,I guess it won't be a problem. I intended to take the salad up to our room anyway when it's done." She gave Vic a contemplative look. "Now, it is true that food from animals is a lot more nourishing than that coming from plants." She held up an onion. "Then again, plants tend to not fight back as much. And dead meat simply doesn't do anything for me." You should watch your words.

She frowned as she glanced past Rahne at Kyle. "Should we be concerned?"

Kyle looked up at Selene, baring his teeth with a growl. He stood up to fours, tehn to his feet, moving closer to selene.

Vic tensed. "Kyle. She ain' bein' nasty." He leveled a cool stare at Selene. "Watch what y' say."

Kyle looked at Vic then back at Selene. He was close enough, just one swipe with his claw...

Rahne frowned a little at Kyle and gave him a low warning growl, "Selene is m' frien'," she stated.

"Seeing that it's growling at me, I can't be that far from the truth, wouldn't you agree," she asked Vic before turning towards Kyle. She sat up on her stool and waved her arm at him. "Shoo! Shoo! Good doggy. Now out with you. I'm sure there is a hydrant or a speeding car somewhere out there." Holding up the kitchen knife, she added: "Keep in mind that I have a knife."

Kyle ignored Rahne's growl and her warning. Selene was just making things worse and even though he himself wouldn't attack someone, deep down, he actually liked the idea of just maybe one little bite. His anger though wanted to do more then one little bite, and raised his arm for a swipe.

Rahne was up and moving as soon as Kyle started to move, grabbing him by his scruff she pulled him away from Selene and bit down on the offending arm, not hard enough to break the skin but enough to make him freeze, she held him for a couple of seconds before releasing her jaws.

Still holding his scruff she shook him a little, "Jus' 'cos we've got these instinc's disnae mean tha' we hafta act 'pon them, thas the firs' lesson cub." he told him sevearly.

Vic watched this clamly, eyes flickering between Rahne and Kyle, hackles laying flat as his tail whipped. He knew Rahne was capable of handling Kyle, so he turned his gaze back to Selene. "Y' made tha' situation worse, lady. Looks don' mean a thing here, an' y'd do well t' remember it. Kyle ain' some dog y' can order aroun', he's a person, jus' like y'. Please don' insult my frien's again."

Selene just blinked as she watched Kyle and Rahne. She tried to decide between either stabbing the kitchen knife into Kyle's guts, or running away. Eventually, she settled for the middle ground and simply remained seated, staring. Still, she kept a firm grip on the knife handle, holding it slightly above the countertop.

Kyle kept his head down, wincing as Rahne scolded him. "But...." he started. He couldn't think of anything to say back, so he kept quiet.

"Bu' m' nae bu's, as m' Nana woul' say," Rahne continued, letting go of him, "Yerr cannae jus' claw people if tha piss yerr off, yerr'll get in trrouble, an' it's wrrron' t' boot. Yerr hafta learrn how t' 'troll yerrsel' Kyle."

She looked up at Selene, then back at him, "Now, say yerr s'rry t' Selene."

Kyle lifted his head a little to the side, eyeing Selene. She was still holding that knife. He really didn't want to, but did it anyway. "Sorry." he said with half a snarl in his tone.

Selene returned Kyle's gaze, eying him in a similar manner while she weighed up her reaction. It didn't seem as if he really was sincere. "Fine," she eventually replied. "I'd appreciate it if you kept your distance." Selene cautiously turned back to her salad, took a carrot and stated cutting. "Someone better should chain him up in the garden," she muttered under her breath.

Rahne quickly grabbed hold of Kyle incase he tried anything again, she did like Selene but GOD sometimes the girl could be a pain. "Kyle's a mutan', same as tha res' o' us," she said levelly, "an' I thin' yerr owe him an appology t',"

Vic went to retort, but shook his head, standing and dumping his bloody plate in the sink before licking his fingers clean. Rahne could handle this, and at least she wasn't blowing up. Like he would. Irritably blowing a lock of hair out of his face (again) he eyed up Selene. "Well meow. I'm outta here, alrigh'? Need a shower."

Kyle wanted sooooo much to go at Selene. The only thing reminding him not to do it was Rahne's hand holding on to him. He just turned and went down on fours, picking up what was left of the steak, and ate it.

Selene looked back and forth between Rahne and Kyle. "Excuse me, but I don't see why should apologize. It's not me here who goes around clawing at people for no apparent reason." She cut a few more vegetables, but kept an eye on Kyle. "I'll gladly reconsider it once I no longer feel threatened by him."

Rahne sighed, "Selene, s'me o' tha thin's yerr said werre ... uncalled ferr, an' upsettin' t' him, he's like me, didnae 'ways use t' be like this an' ... well he's only been this way ferr 'bout a month, it's still rraw. How'd yerr feel in his place?"

Selene tensely chopped the last bits of her food and started mixing the contents of the bowl, adding dressing to it. Eventually she sighed and paused, then looked at Rahne. "Fine, for your sake." Her gaze went to Kyle. "I'm sorry if my words upset you."

Kyle looked up to Selene. "Sorry I almost...hurt you." he said. He turned away, "Going...room." he mentioned and before he opened the door, he looked back at Selene and her plants, and turned again, going out the door.

Rahne groaned and rolled her eyes, covering her face with one hand, "Rremin' m' nae'err t' have kids, eh." she said outloud before turning to Selene.

"I'm gonna g' check on Kyle, bu' we shoul' d' s'methin' laterr 'kay? Been nice seein' yerr Selene." She gave the girl a smile before following Kyle.

"Yes, I'll meet you in our room then, I guess." Selene gave her a small smile in return before jumping off the stool to get some cutlery. Now to brave the mysterious salad she had created.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

sooo much <3 for Rahne in this one.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Great job! Selene meeting the Furries (for lack of a better term!). And poor Kyle. :'(
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Originally posted by steyn
sooo much <3 for Rahne in this one.
Awww thank's Steyn :) Heee it was fun to play 'mummy' Rahne
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Heehee, I second the love for mommy-Rahne. Poor girl has to take care of a bunch of crazy and unpredictable kids now and keep them from going at each others throats. :D

...why do I have to think of Paws now? :P
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

LOL.

I love the fact Rahne can teach him and be his pack leader. That way he has that safety net built in.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

BWAHAHAAH! <3 Selene.

And YAY alpha Rahne!!
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

River...I mean, uh, Selene....was awesome. I like the crazy.
Mommy-Rahne was SOOO true. put fur on my mom and you so have Rahne. I love it.
Great job you four.

[Edited on 23/1/08 by wingyding]
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

great job yall! and I def WOOed for Alpha-Mommy Rahne. :)
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone