1/23 Instance: Bald Truths

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline.

Remy: He walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him, only needing the one cane for a bit of balance now. Talia had wanted to come, but it was better for her to stay upstairs with Johnny.

Bobby: Bobby closed the outside rec room door, glancing at the clock on the wall and cursing that he couldn't wear a watch. It was late enough Lorna might be up, and he should have been there. He should talk to her first off, tell her the truth.

Remy: He paused on the staircase as Bobby came around the corner looking hell bent on something. Well. Sooner than he'd expected, but what he was fixing to do anyways. It was odd seeing him though, in the flesh, even though he'd been told that he hadn't actually died. "Bobby."

Bobby: He stopped at the voice from the stair, looking up at Remy. Bald Remy. With a cane. His eyes narrowed a little and he ran a hand though his hair. Shit. It was still wet. "I heard they brought you back."

Remy: "Oui. Heard y' survived. Appears d' rumors in our cases are correct." He stopped at the bottom of the stairs. "How y' doin'?"

Bobby: "Lucky us." He watched Remy slowly descend, but didn't move out of the way. "I'm fine. You're looking... bald."

Remy: "Yeah. Well. It'll grow back, neh?" He shrugged. "Doin' fine considerin'. Owe McCoy a lot for fixin' dat problem."

Remy: "Was on my way down t' see some people. Y' an' Lorna included. Y' headed dere?"

Bobby: "What problem?" Bobby was certain he didn't want Remy within a mile of Lorna. "Yeah, I am going to see her, the thing is, why would you think either one of us wants to see you?"

Remy: Ah. So there it was. He'd been wondering. "My powers. Y' know, how..." Well shit. "How I burnt y' an' couldn't control it. So McCoy came up wit' some fancy surgery." He ran his hand over the back of his head. The bandages were off and he could feel the new scars. "So now I can't do dat no more. Was safer dat way."

Remy: "Can understand how y'd feel dat way. Still owe y' an apology for doin' dat t' y' though." Didn't much matter that he hadn't meant to burn him. He still had. "For d' burns. For everythin' else. Ain't lookin' for absolution. Jus' needs t' be said, non?"

Bobby: He nodded once, holding up a hand to wriggle his fingers. "Oh, I remember. I don't remember everything, but that I remember. Something else I remember is that you couldn't do anything like that before. I distinctly remember blowing up snowballs with Eve. You said no organic matter. I'm sometimes pretty damn organic."

Remy: "Essex had a way of redefinin' what people could or couldn't do, non?" He couldn't see any wounds or scarring on Bobby's hand, which at least was something. "Couldn't before, an' I can't now. Didn't know dat I could 'till I did it t' y'. An' even den I didn't mean t' do it. D' thought of blowin' someone up or hurtin' dem dat way...its pretty gruesome, non?"

Bobby: "I suppose you could say that. What, was that another part of the deal that didn't turn out like you planned?" Bobby tilted his head to stare at Remy. There was a definite part of him that still wanted to finish what he had started, but... "Handy McCoy could take care of that for you."

Remy: "Yeah. I'm lucky he's good at what he does. Couldn't stay here otherwise." His fingers tightened on the cane. "D' deal was what it was. Didn't expect t' get brought back here when d' rest of y' got pulled out, but Talia had other ideas. Can't say I'm not grateful for dat."

Bobby: "Yeah, convenient. Does she even know?" 'Sell y're soul t' keep y're family safe, neh?' Bobby shook his head, wet hair flopping into his eyes. Irritated, he growled and dissipated the water, accidentally dropping the temperature in the hall.

Remy: "Know about d' deal?" He shivered slightly as the temperature dropped and shot Bobby a cautious look. "Of course. Told her when she came for me...in d' lab. Told her t' leave me. Was d' deal - me for Johnny's safety. Now wit' me gone, dere's no deal."

Remy: "I ain't about t' lie an' hide it. Some people may understand, others won't. Dat's fine. Up t' dem t' decide."

Bobby: Liar, liar! Like you aren't lying to Lorna. He let his eyes unfocus for a moment to bring the temperature back up. "What's so damn special about you, LeBeau? Doc Feelgood deals with you, you get a handy pass on being too dangerous to even live because McCoy can just fix it, and you just get your life right back on a silver platter."

Bobby: "You enjoy it, LeBeau. Keep telling yourself you're just misunderstood." Bobby turned on his heel and headed for the medlab before he did something he would regret.

Remy: It was unsettling to see Bobby's eyes turn icy for a minute. Really icy - not figuratively. He followed after him, allowing a bit of distance between them. Bobby was right - there wasn't anything he could do to argue that. He did get his life back, with ease. There were a lot of others that wouldn't be.

Lorna: Lorna looked up from her book and grinned, setting it aside again. "Hey Bobby...what's wrong?" Lorna could definitely tell that Bobby wasn't exactly the happiest camper and Remy following him in was enough to explain what was the matter. "Oh."

Bobby: Bobby forced a smile at her and gave her a quick kiss, then turned around to stare at Remy. "What? What makes you think you can hobble around here like the little fix-it fairy all full of apologies and make everything better?"

Remy: He let out a small sigh. "Non. But would it be better if I didn't offer y' any at all? Y' can stay angry at me. Hell, y' can do anythin' y' want. Far be it for me t' tell y' different. But I owe y'all dis. Y' don' have t' accept it, but I gotta at least say it."

Lorna: "Hey, at least you didn't kill me when Malice wanted you to." ...shit. "Uh...yeah. Didn't mean to start talking about that yet."

Bobby: "Y'know, I don't think angry quite fucking--" Bobby whipped his head to look at Lorna, feeling all the blood drain from his face. "What?" Not the only one keeping secrets.

Remy: His memories were very fractured there. He could remember being scared though...of her asking him to do it. He remembered keeping away from her, scared of what he could accidently do if she touched him. "Um. Yeah. Well." He shuffled over a bit, feeling damn awkward. "I couldn't ever do dat. I didn't know about d' whole..." He searched for words that didn't end in 'zy'. "...thing. Dey said y're free from it now."

Remy: "I'm real sorry y' had t' go through all dat." He looked from one to the other. "Both of y'." It might mean nothing to them, but it did mean something to him.

Lorna: Lorna paled. God her thoughts were just getting her into trouble but it wasn't like she could just stop them. It was better than having what was there still there after all. "Yeah...uh, Malice wasn't quite right after isolation either. She thought she would try to jump bodies and thought it would be easier when I was dead." Okay, curling up in the fetal position and putting the blanket over her head was really tempting right now.

Lorna: Lorna looked up at Remy though, trying to figure out what it was she felt about him. Well, she really felt like getting up and shaking the crap out of him but she was pretty sure McCoy would have her head for it. "Why did you do it then?"

Bobby: Bobby swallowed hard, lost in his own thoughts. All that time, so scared of losing her to the mercury, not knowing about Malice... "Isolation? Oh, God... after I... yeah." All that time, Malice was the real reason he'd almost lost her. And fucking Remy was the reason she was here now.

Remy: "Why what?" He'd kinda assumed that the rumors of 'the deal' had gone around...but maybe not. He decided to cover all bases."I gave myself up t' buy my son's safety. I didn't kill y' cause it wouldn't be right. Figured dat sooner or later dey'd be back for y' an' dey could help. An' I jus' couldn't. Whatever we are now - y' were my friend. An' it wasn't y're fault. It woulda been wrong."

Lorna: "Sorry, that's not what I meant." Lorna cleared her throat and tried to look like this wasn't as horribly awkward for her as it was. "Why did go? Why did you even believe Essex even?" Lorna managed to keep her voice even. "I just don't understand that."

Remy: "Cause if he went back on his word, at least I knew I did everythin' I could. If I didn't...an' he took him..." He pressed his lips together and shook his head. "Of all d' things dat were bad dere - I couldn't let him be in dat position. I had t' do what I could t' keep him safe."

Remy: "I don' expect people t' understand how I felt an' why I did it. But y' asked, an' dat's as honest an' answer I can give y'. Call me stupid, or whatever y' will, its all good. But its d' way I saw it, an' its where my mind was."

Bobby: "Sometimes everything isn't enough," Bobby muttered to himself, sitting down on the edge of Lorna's bed and reaching for her hand. He really didn't know what the fuck to think.

Lorna: Lorna squeezed Bobby's hand back, that helped a lot with the desire to shake people. "Remy, I never said I didn't understand. I think you were absolutely stupid to think you could trust someone like Dr. Feelgood." Lorna sighed and forced herself to think. She was certainly angry but why was she really angry? "Shouldn't have went on the mission. That's why I'm angry."

Remy: "Wasn't meanin' y'...well not only y'." His brow puckered slightly as he tried to figure out what she meant. "If I was in y're guys shoes - watchin' each other goin' through what y' did, I dunno how I'd feel in y're position, but chances are I'd be pissed."

Remy: "But I'm not sure what y' mean. Y' mean dat I shouldn't have gone? An' if so, why?"

Bobby: "Dee, you have nothing to feel bad about for that mission." He remembered her apologetic blog on MySpace. Was she blaming herself for this whole thing? Oh, hell no. "You did so good, babe. We were just all in way, way over our heads."

Remy: Her...he was really confused. Why would she think she wasn't good?

Lorna: Lorna rubbed the bridge of her nose with her free hand and sighed. "And I'm supposed to know we were that underprepared too. And I was wrong. Remy should have at least had an inkling that he couldn't fully commit to the team because he's a father and he didn't do it." Lorna looked back at Remy. "I suppose it's not fair of me to be angry with you for not being the best leader when I made a pretty big mess of things too, huh?"

Remy: "Y're bein' too hard on y'reself. I don' get why y're lookin' t' blame y'reself either. Sometimes bad things happen. Y' can assume y' should have perfect hindsight an' everythin'...but y're not God. Y' ain't expected t' know everythin', an' t' not make mistakes."

Bobby: Bobby looked away from Lorna to stare at Remy warningly. He had no right to judge anybody's competance. But, dammit... "As much as I hate to agree with him, he's right."

Lorna: "I suppose." Lorna admitted but really wasn't overly convinced. What was the point of her tendency to what-if everything if it didn't help her do better? She had been much too confident in herself and now it came back to bite her in the ass.

Bobby: "He is. Hell, if nothing else, we learned from this, right?" He wrapped her hand with both of his, smiling at her a little. "As much as I hate to say the next time, this just means the next time we'll all know better."

Remy: "Oui. Well. Y' still did good, Lorna. It's jus' too bad things happened like dey did." He backed up a little, wanting to leave them thier time together. "If dere is somethin' dat I can do t' help - dat y' want my help wit', y' have it. Other dan dat, thanks for hearin' me out."

Lorna: Oh hell, next time? Lorna concentrated at not looking absolutely terrified at the thought of a next time. She didn't think she could handle that at all. The thought of it boggled her enough that she just gave Remy a nod, pretty sure that if she opened her mouth she would spill that out instead.

Bobby: Okay, well, one of them had said the wrong thing, because Lorna looked like she'd swallowed a fish. Bobby looked back at Remy, still not sure what to think. It was much easier to just want to kick his ass. "Yeah...I'll see you around, apparently." He cleared his throat. He had manners. "Thanks. Hope you feel better soon."

Remy: A small flicker of something passed over his face, and he nodded to them both. "Me too. Y' didn't deserve any of dat - y're both some of d' best people I know." He left it at that and made his way from the room.

Lorna: Lorna squeezed Bobby's hand again, her mind racing to find something to break the tension that was thick in the room. "So...Remy's bald."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

YAY! they took that better than I expected :) LOVE Lorna's tension-shooer btw.. lol

however, sad instance for Rogue in the fact that she won't get to beat up Bobby. lol
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Originally posted by Esynthia
however, sad instance for Rogue in the fact that she won't get to beat up Bobby. lol
Awww, Bobby thought Roguey was his friend. She just wants to beat him. :*(
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Originally posted by Slarti
Bobberz should just act more crazy than usual. Roguey wouldn't hit a crazy person that's talking to himself. ;)

......or would she? :shifty
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Originally posted by Slarti
Remy always can! :D :naughty
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Heh, Remy'd hit that, would he?