01/24 Instance: "Y'know"?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Timeline current

Lizzie sat on her new bed, staring out of the window blankly. She never thought she'd be back in dorms...Wasn't sure if she liked the chnage yet or not...

Running her hand through her hair, she scowled a little as she could still smell the dye a little. Oh well. Anton would have a shitfit but whatever. If she was really The Face of England no one would give a fuck what her hair colour was.

Lorna tucked the tub of ice cream under her arm to free up an arm for knocking. She had wormed her way out from the medlab for a while to come see Lizzie and hadn't been exactly sure what to say. So, ice cream eating would cover up pauses in speech. Lorna hoped so anyway.

Hope she's more up for company than I think she is. Lorna knocked at the door, hoping it didn't sound timid like she was feeling.

Turning to stare at the door for a moment, when the knocking started, she sighed. "Come in..." Lizzie called out dully.

Well, that was to be expected. Lorna opened the door and stepped in. "Hey Lizzie. Oh, the purple looks nice." Lorna was glad she had something else to start with than the dreaded 'how are you' as she shut the door behind her.

She eyed Lorna carefully, spotting the ice cream. Nice tactic...Drawing her knees up to her chest, she ran a hand over her hair again, more absently this time. "Thanks..." Looking away, out of the window again, Lizie shifted, propping her chin in her hand.

"You might want to hold the phone away after telling Anton about it though, right?" Lorna smiled and came over to the bed. "Mind if I sit with you?"

"he can use photoshop..." she shrugged. Really didn't care what anyone thought. After a beat, she looked back at Lorna, relenting. The other girl was only trying..."Yeah, if you like..."

"That's true." Lorna gave Lizzie a smile and sat down, offering Lizzie one of the cups of coffee in her hand. "Black as black can be, wasn't sure if you would like anything in it or not."

Hesitating a moment before she reached over, Lizzie took a cup and stared at the contents before taking a swig, grimacing as the coffee went down her throat. God, strong enough to kill a person...

Lorna watched Lizzie's face. "Yeah, the ice cream was to cut the taste incase you didn't like it." Lorna grinned and held out a spoon, taking a sip from her own coffee.

"It's fine..." taking the spoon she threw it down on the bed, trying the coffee again. Nope, still not as good...

Tapping her feet restlessly on the covers, she plonked the cup down on her new nightstand (missed the old one, really did) and pulled a small silver pill box out of her pocket, fiddling with it.

"What's that?" Once Lorna asked she wasn't sure that she should have. Too late now though. Lorna took her own spoon and scooped out a bit of ice cream to cover the nervous expression that followed the question.

Looking up sharply, she pushed it back in her pocket. It rattled slightly. "Nothing."

Lorna let it pass. Now was not the time. Crap, that meant she would have to come up with something to say. Not about Lizzie though. "...so how's Rae?"

Scratching her knee, Lizzie shrugged. "Not seen her much. Been...Well, not been in here much and when I am she's sometimes not..."

Picking at a loose thread she had scratched up, Lizzie chanced a slight smile at Lorna. "Ho is your head now?"

"A good deal less crowded." Lorna gave Lizzie a grin at that and keeping the thoughts about it just being herself that keeps talking to herself in her mind. "Loads better."

"Still staying in the medlab for a bit, McCoy wants my sleeping to get closer to normal." And I'm sure he's caught me singing and talking about chess more than once. "It'll be nice to be out of there for good."

"That's good...I'm sure he won;t have you down there too long..." she stared a little at the ice cream, but wasn't really hungry for it, so tried some more coffee. Maybe with milk and a bit more sugar...

"Yeah, I feel fine so I doubt I'll be down there much longer." Lord, Lorna was a huge fan of ice cream right now. Not to mention her usual coffee. She had missed coffee something terrible. She would trade it for something to actually say for comfort to Lizzie though.

Itchy arm...Lizzie scratched it a bit, shuffling on her spot on the bed, feeling suddenly uncomfortable with the silence. "So..."

Itchy arm...Lizzie scratched it a bit, shuffling on her spot on the bed, feeling suddenly uncomfortable with the silence. "So..."

Come on, Dane. Something fun, something 'normal'. "Oh, hey. Was going through a box of movies while I was getting my emergency coffee supply and found my copy of Ghost in the Shell. Anime night sometime?"

The corners of her mouth perked up a little. "Yeah...I guess. Maybe something a bit more...Fluffy, though?"

"Oh I think we'll have time for a lot of fluffy things. Anything particular you want?" Lorna watched Lizzie's mouth, feeling a slight sense of victory. Maybe she was good for something after all.

"Not fussy, just don't want anything with...y'know, in it..." she looked down, feeling stupid for it.

"Yeah, I think I'd like to avoid that too. Sounds like a plan then." Lorna flashed a grin and finished off her cup of coffee. "A glorious night of fluff."

Her smile brightened a bit more. "Yeah...I'd like that." Hugging herself, she ran her hand over the bulge from the box in her pocket, then looked to the photograph of her and Warren at James's wedding, her lip wobbling a bit.

Lorna didn't see where Lizzie was looking but she knew that that lip was definitely wobbling. "Shall we round up movies?"

Movies were, hopefully, a godsend. Moving pictures of distraction had to come in handy somehow, after all.

Oh...She had to leave the room? Drawing into herself a little, Lizzie took a breath. "Um. Okay."

Lorna watched as Lizzie seemed a bit apprehensive about something. "You want to stay here while I grab my box of movies? I can go get some munchies and what not too if you like."

"No. No it's alright. I can't hide forever..." she stared back at the picture, biting her trembling lip to try and still it.

Lorna watched Lizzie, her own nervousness making her doubt if she was really the best to try to help her. They were both a mess but Lorna was here and she may as well try what she could while she was here. Lorna swallowed and leaned over the bed, pulling Lizzie into a hug.

Tesning a little at the unexpected hug, she wasn't sure what to do for a moment, but then wound her arms around Lorna in return, hiding her face in her friend's shoulder as she burst into a flood of tears. "I can't take it without him...I really can't..."

Oh God, tears. Lorna gave Lizzie's back a pat and swallowed again. She could surely handle being around some tears. It was a lot of tears though. "I know, Lizzie. It's going to suck. It's going to suck a lot." Oh a prize to me for the most uplifting talk ever. Lorna didn't want to tell her that she would get through it, Lizzie had probably heard that enough anyway.

[Edited on 24-1-08 by littlebamf]
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Poor Lizzie :( She tries to keep a stiff upper lip...

but yay, purple hair~
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young