1/24 Instance: Looking After Each Other

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timline before Pinchers of Doom

Rachel sat on a couch in the rec room, staring out the window. The last time she'd been outside was the rescue and before that she wasn't really sure. Outside was nice, too. It kept her from staring at her blackened, glowing skin.

Rahne ambled into the recroom, holding a leg of lamb that she'd aquired from the kitchen and made her way too one of the sofas, smiling at the other girl as she went passed, "Hey Rachel, how'rre yerr?"

She glanced over at Rahne and gave her a small smile, "Hey. I'm better. How are you?"

"I'm good ... betterr," Rahne smiled, and that was right, she felt better after telling everything to Remy, "Yerr? Up t' anythin'?"

"Not really. Just kinda sitting here. Thinking, I guess," she shrugged. "Oh, thanks for helping find Lizzie, too."

Rahne's face grew a little sad "Oh ... eh, nae worries, anythin' t' help ... how's she doin' anyway?"

Rachel chewed on her lip for a few moments, thinking about it, "I don't really know. She's not really talking or anything, and I don't really blame her..."

Rahne nodded, "Aye ... well tha's underrstan'able ..." she looked Rachel over, how she was sitting, "How 'bou' yerr?"

"I'm talking, and not to myself as much. Still trying to get used to..." she glanced down at herself, "...this. Everyone says it's fine or whatever, but I can tell it bothers some people. I should be able to get it off, but I don't know how..."

Rahne smiled, "Well I can pr'mise yerr it ain't botherrin' m' ... it takes a while ferr folk t' get used t' a drramatic change, bu' tha will ... nae worries Rae,"

"Thanks. My shields are kinda messed up still, so I can tell if it bothers people or not...well, except Cess and Vic. How is Vic, anyway?" She ran a hand through her hair. Shields were getting better, too.

"Vic? He's fine, startin' t' calm down," she smirked a bit, "I'm seein' t' tha." She chewed on her snack for a few minutes before lookinh upa at Rae again.

"Yerr know ... if yerr wanna talk 'bou' ... lookin' like tha' ... anytime yerr know?"

She caught the smirk and grinned a bit. "Well, that's good."

"I know." Rachel took a breath and glanced over at Rahne, "Well...I'm pretty sure you heard we saw Essex everyday. He gave me a drug and used electroshock to mess with my telepathy. Afterwards, he asked me if I saw something. I didn't, but I'm guessing I sparked...flickered...whatever."

"Was put in isolation, and I was pretty sure I was going to die. It hurt a lot. I saw my hand changed, passed out, and woke up like this. I tried to change back...couldn't."

Rahne frowned "Electrro-shock?" That was what she'd had ... though it was easy to imagine how bad that could be, she looked into Rachel's glowing eyes, "Well tha soun's like a barrel o' laughs ... how d' yerr feel rrigh' now wit how yerr look?"

"Yeah...Bobby went through it, too. We kinda talked after it happened..." She let out another breath, "Can't say I'm comfortable with it, but I'm adjusting. I don't like it. I just really want to look like myself again, but I can deal."

Rahne smiled, "It really can b harrd trryin' t' adjus' ... therre's still days wherre I canna face lookin' in tha mirror, d' yerr know why yerr stuck lookin' tha way?"

Rachel shook her head, "No. Don't even know how I changed. Hopefully, when I get adjusted to having my powers back, I can figure it out."

Rahne smiled, "Aye, 'm surre yerr will." She smiled a little wider, "Infac' i'm positive."

"Yeah, I really hope so." She chewed on her lip, "If you don't mind me asking, how did you get used to looking like you do?"

Rahne flicked her ears at her and half wagged her tail, "Eh, I dinnae min', tha's why I came back afterrr all."

She looked out the window thoughtfully, "Well ... I dinnae ... it's jus' s'methin' yerr get used t' overr time I guess? It ... it was kinna like when I got shot thinkin' 'bou' it."

She looked over at Rae, "When I manifested, I was shot wit' a shotgun in tha back o' m' thigh, left s'me horrific scarrin', fr'm m' mid back t' m' knee, an' m' Nana couldn't take m' to hospital s' she had t' seal the woun' wit' a red-hot knife ..."

"Was horrible, couldn't walk ferr a few months, limpin' ferr ages after, an' at firs' it was horrible ... bu' as tha yearrrs wen' on, I jus' ... got used t' it, tha's wha' happens. Yerr jus' hafta ..." she shrugged, "face it I s'pose."

"Sounds really painful." Rachel leaned back into the couch, still chewing her lip as she thought about it. Her gaze flicked to her wrists. She couldn't see them, and they weren't there anymore... "So, kinda like my scars? ...Or where they used to be. He removed them."

Rahne frowned, "Tha' can rremove scarrs?" She shook her head, she'd healed her own scars away, even the torn ear was almost as good as new now, "Uhh .. aye I guess ... if yerr dinnae min' me askin' ... why'd yerr d' it?"

"Yeah. Same way they remove tattoos apparently. It hurts like hell. My wrists and all up my arms were one big bruise," she shook the image away. She'd done something to her hands that day too, but she couldn't remember what.

"It's kinda hard to explain, and it took me a long time to figure out..." Rachel tried to think of how to put it into words, "I kept telling myself I could stop, but it's addictive. Hell, even broke my promise to Meggan for it."

"It's numbing, felt nice to be numb with everything that was going on. Kinda get a high from it. Mostly from blood loss. I just didn't want to feel anything anymore," she shrugged.

Rahne glanced down at her hands, "Aye, I can get tha' ... when I ... it was like I wasn't therre ..." she looked back up again, "... Didn't yerr trry an' kill yerrsel'? Tha's wha' I hearrd."

"It was like if I didn't have to feel, I didn't have to care." Rachel nodded, "Yeah. Cut too deep. Liz found me, and it was a wake-up call."

"Acciden' then? Yerr didn't want t' die? Yerr jus' ... wanted t' be numb?"

"I'm not really sure actually, but I think it was an accident. I remember I was getting out of the medlab around when you got back, I think."

"D' yerr still have those feelin's though? Or arre yerr ... ferr lack o' a betterr terrm, 'betterr'?"

rachel> "Yeah, sometimes, I do. I've come a long way and am better than I was, but everyone has off days, y'know?" She glanced over at Rahne and gave a small grin, "Mind if I ask you the same question?"

Rahne didn't say anything for a few minutes, "I dinnae min' answerrin' ... an' .." she sighed and closed her eyes, "I still bite when I'm anxcious ... an' .. therre arre days when I wish I was still dead ..."

"It's ... strrange an' worryin' tha I still thin' o' dyin' as ..." She stopped ... she should not be saying this sort of thing to Rachel, it was irrisponssible, she suffered from depression too.

Rachel ran a hand through her hair and debated asking what but decided not to push it. "I relapsed once, and I have days I wish Liz didn't find me. I just had to realize that me dying wouldn't just effect me, but everyone around me. It takes time, which kinda sucks, but it's all worth it in the end."

Rahne managed to smile again, "Aye ... well, yerr we'rre here after I died rrigh'? Yerr saw wha' it did t' folk? S' ... aye, it is worrth it."

Rahne looked a little shiftily around the room before leaning over "Umm ... yerr are keepin' a eye on Lizzie rrigh'? A close one? I ... I dinna ewan' anythin' happenin' t' herr ..." she whispered.

"Fuck. I haven't really thought about it, been trying to deal with my own shit. I guess I should though, so thanks for the reminder. She's off, which is kinda to be expected, but I never really thought...makes sense though..."

Rahne sighed and sat back "I'm ... nae sayin' tha she woul' ... bu' yerr gotta coverr all tha angle's rrigh' ... yerr gotta make surre she'd takin' carre o' hersel' t' aye? Tha' she's eatin' an' stuff, she migh' nae b' able t' d' it hersel' s' good rrigh' now." Poor Lizzie ... was Victor like this after I went? She closed her eyes, pained at the though that she'd hurt him in such a way.

"Yeah, I get what you mean. I'll watch her and everything. Be there, that kind of thing."

"Well it makes sense if yerr d' it .. yerr bein' herr rromin' an' everythin', yer can d' it wit' ou' crrowdin' her, las' thin' yer wan' is t' make herr feel ... I dunno, like we'rre watchin' her?"

"Right. Like, just being there for her but not all freaking out over her and everything. I get it."

Rahne smiled, "Good, good, we gotta look ou' ferr each o'err afterr all."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Aww, that was sad but I loved at the end:
Rahne smiled, "Good, good, we gotta look ou' ferr each o'err afterr all."
You better, girls!
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Hee, lovely bonding!

And you think you can keep an eye on the Sith Master? *shifty*