1/24 Instance: Wench

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline.

Remy: Remy sat on the edge of the sofa, glad to be out of the room, but a little uncertain about it still. It would do him and his family good to get out of there though - they'd been hiding out up there so much as Talia hadn't really wanted to leave him alone much.

Talia: TJ set Johnny down to cruise around the furniture, before he pointed to the TV and made squeeked. She rolled her eyes. "He wants Happy Feet."

Bobby: It really wasn't surprising, or at least it shouldn't be. Half his employees and his coach tended to vanish regularly. Still, Bobby was surprised he'd been fired from the tennis club. He pocketed his keys and wandered down the hall, not really wanting to go tell Lorna just yet. There were other things he needed to tell her first anyway.

Tessa: Tessa sat curled in an oversized chair, reading quietly. The sun was a little warm through the window, but it had felt cold lately anyway.

Remy: "Y' sure can translate dat good. Mind y' I think he always wants happy feet." He smiled as he watched the antics though.

Talia: "Hey, I can speak Johnny," she told him, curling up next to him. Johnny made a more insistant noise, and pointed at the TV. She sighed and grabbed the remote. "Ok, no Happy Feet...." she flicked channels. "Here, you wan watch Diego."

Bobby: Bobby heard the television in the rec room and decided that was probably a good distraction as any. He ramped up a fake smile and popped into the room. "So, what're we watching?" Fuck. Remy. No, he could be civil. He'd be damned if he'd give Remy the high ground.

Tessa: "Television." Tess answered, still reading.

Regina: Regina glanced around her, the door going shut with a dull little thunk. Perhaps she should turn around and go back to the cab. She had a few hours more to kill before business again and surely there was something better to do around here. She wasn't about to run away though, God that would be giving other people too much credit. Now, if only she knew where she was supposed to be going.

Bobby: "Hey now, American Woman, just let me be." He decided addressing Tessa first was the safest thing. That was a heck of a turnaround, that he was more comfortable with her than the others.

Talia: "Go Diego Go," she told Bobby, giving him a greeting smile. "It's what's on Noggin now..."

Remy: He shifted a bit as the room chilled, despite all the smiles. He gave Bobby a nod, but mostly left it at that, figuring he didn't really need a foot as a snack.

Tessa: Tess chuckled at the song lyrics. "I went and listened to that. You have odd tastes in music." She shook her head at Bobby, one corner of her mouth rising. "March Hare."

Regina: Regina stepped down the closest corridor. Shouldn't they have some old greeter-type person working off some community service or something? No, that would be handy. At least there was some form of noise coming from one of these rooms. Television. Great, there's probably a bunch of potheads strung out watching cartoons. I'll smell all day.

Bobby: "Ahhh, kiddie programming. Awesome." He smiled at TJ a little, then half nodded at Remy. He settled into a chair. "Ha! I am memorable, eh, Alice? And that's a classic song."

Talia: "Well, it's this or Happy Feet, and honestly? I'm kinda close to accidentally losing that DVD," she told him, giggling as Johnny bounced to the beat of the song Diego sang.

Tessa: "My myspace still has that comment on it." She vaguely remembered at some point him calling her Alice. Vaguely. "Just because it's a classic doesn't mean it's not strange. Look at Elvis."

Bobby: "True, but then, he's royalty, he could be as weird as he wanted." He smiled at Johnny's bouncing. "Aww, but penguins."

Remy: "I'm suprised it didn't jus' burn up. DVD's really get milage, neh?" He nearly spoke over Bobby, and cleared his throat a bit. "Well...sure we can lend it t' y' if y' wanted a quiet night in."

Regina: Regina sniffed the air and decided with some relief that it at least didn't smell yet. Still, the prospect was far from appetizing. Regina stepped into the room nonetheless. "Excuse me. Do any of you know where they store the pati-oh sweet Jesus, you're blue." At this moment Regina wished it wasn't a social faux-pas to carry a hip-flask.

Bobby: Bobby looked up at the strange voice, then did another double take at the owner. "Oh, fuck," he muttered.

Remy: He frowned. Little old to be a student. "I'm sorry can I help y'?"

Tessa: Tessa's head jerked up at the not-quite-soft voice. "You win this round of State The Obvious." It slipped out before she reminded herself not to be sarcastic to new people.

Talia: TJ looked up at the woman who'd stepped in. "Uh....do I know you?"

Bobby: He got up, getting ready to hustle the old broad out of the room if she started to try her charm on TJ again. "Mutant school, Regina. Might be nice to remember that."

Regina: Regina recovered her composure, then noticed the baby and had to recover again. Pulling her eyes away from their initial focus she recognized a familiar face. "Oh, Robert. Do you not trust me to be so?"

Remy: Remy raised an eyebrow. Bobby knew her...but by her first name. What the heck?

Tessa: "Who are you?" This woman made her nervous. It didn't look like anybody but Bobby knew her...

Bobby: "Whatever would make me think that? What can I do for you?" He cleared his throat. So much for getting her out. "This is Lorna's mom. Mom, these are some of our classmates."

Talia: "Oh...hi Lorna's mom," TJ said, hoping she wasn't too rude. "It's nice to meet you. Mrs. Dane??"

Regina: "Well, I suppose I should be thankful the only thing I had to do to hide Lorna's oddities until I was away from her and her father was to indulge him in getting her silly hats." Regina blinked, first wanting to have a great laugh at being refered to as Mrs. Dane. That never stopped sounding ludricous. "Lawson actually. It's very nice to meet you as well Miss...?"

Remy: Ah. Oh. Yeah, this should go over well. He rested his arm around Talia's shoulders and bobbed his head to her as well. "Maam."

Talia: "Palmer...um, well, TJ actually," she stammered a bit, unsure of exactly how to take this woman. She was being kind of...mean. Johnny squealed again at the TV, before bopping down to the floor from where he was standing.

Regina: Regina returned the bald one's head bob with a smirk. Well, if she had known she would be this easily entertained by a visit Regina would have considered it earlier. "Where is the green-haired wench anyhow? I've come between my meetings to drop off the account information for her trust fund."

Bobby: Oh, this was not a good time for this woman to test his filters, or his temper. "So! Well, now that we're all friends... what can I do for you, Regina? Lorna's..." Son of a bitch. He couldn't lie. This was her mother, but if she did anything to upset Lorna...

Bobby: "What!?"

Tessa: Tessa just blinked at the exchange. Nothing like being forward. She wondered when the first opportunity to escape might be, swallowing a bit nervously. How do you manage to come across as rude without speaking ten words? She stared at the last comment.

Regina: "Mind, I had been hoping to use it for a quick vacation. Seattle's getting quite dull at the moment."

Remy: Well...wow. He shot Bobby a look. She was...something else. "Maybe y' could sit while Bobby goes an' fetches her for y'." At least that would give him some time to warn the girl.

Bobby: "Your daughter is in the medlab," he said, gritting his teeth. How she could treat Lorna like this, he had no idea, but it made him see red. He looked at Remy gratefully. "Yeah, take a load off, Gina." He knew he needed to not be blatently rude, but it was nearly impossible.

Talia: Talia shifted. Did she just call her daughter a wench? Wasn't that some kinda tool?

Regina: "Directions will be fine. I have no intentions of staying," Regina waved her arm around the recroom but meaning the whole school, "here long. I've got my cab waiting still."

Tessa: Tessa, taking a breath and resisting telling she woman she was coming across as incredibly rude, settled back into her chair. "Oh lovely." She whispered under her breath.

Bobby: "How about if I take you? This place can be kind of confusing." That way he could hover just out of earshot in case any furniture started flying. Bobby smiled at her sweetly. It took a lot of willpower.

Regina: "Well isn't that sweet? I have an escourt." Regina matched his smile. Oh she was going to have words with her husband for insisting that she came here.

Remy: "Y'...take care den." He couldn't help but be profoundly grateful for Christine at that moment.

Regina: "Why thank you." Regina looked over Remy, apprasingly. "You know, if it wasn't for the eyes you would be rather attractive. I suppose it can't really be helped though."

Talia: TJ narrowed her eyes. "That's like, totally uncalled for!"

Tessa: Oh now that's bitchy. Tessa put down her book. "That was rude. Why don't you apologize, or are you unfamiliar with how to do so?"

Remy: "Talia, its alright. Don' get worked up over it." He gave her a wink and smile. "Ah well. We jus' got t' do our best wit' what we've got, neh?"

Regina: "Yes, actually I am. I don't make a habit of such things." Well then, that had at least made this trip more enjoyable. "Come, Robert. Let's get this over with."

Talia: "No, that's way not alright!" She turned to the woman. "His eyes are totally fine and sexy, and it doesnt even matter what you think!"

Bobby: Bobby was in no rush for her to terrorize Lorna like this. Maybe everybody could take her down a notch first. "Aww, but sometimes it's good to step out of the box."

Tessa: "You must be such a wonderful..." Bitch. Tess smiled thinly and with no trace of actual contentment. "Mother. With that attitude."

Regina: It was like poking bears in a zoo with a stick. Regina knew it would be wise to retreat soon though. Lord knows what they could do after all. "Yes, I suppose a walk on the wild side would suffice to describe that." Regina supressed a shudder as the M word came at her. "As good as I ever intended to be."

Remy: Ok. They all may want her to step out of the box, but he sure as shit didn't want in it.
Tessa: "You must have had low standards for that to be the case."

Talia: "You don't come here and talk to us like that," TJ crossed her arms. "You got no right to be like that."

Talia: Johnny was watching wide eyed at the whole situation, before reaching up with a little "Mama." So TJ retrieved him and held him in her arms.

Remy: He and Bobby were left there pretty much dumbstruck in a room full claws. As all men who have half a brain, they'd both pretty much shut up the minute that they came out. Really. It was all self survival stuff.

Regina: "And to think," Regina smiled over at Tessa. "you were commenting on my observation skills eariler?" Regina chuckled. "But at least I kept Lorna in long enough to develop almost properly. Not that the idea didn't cross my mind not to."

Bobby: Bobby felt his mouth drop open slightly. Did she just say what he thought she said?
Remy: Alright. This is where he took the baby. He reached over and scooped Johnny up, setting him against his chest.

Talia: She gave the woman an odd look, handing Johnny over. "Whats that mean?"

Tessa: "Thought?" Tessa pressed a hand to her chest. "That must have been an incredibly tiresome feat. Why don't you sit down and rest for a while? You must be exhausted at having to use your head for more than a resting place for an ugly wig." She curled her lip right back, mildly glad she hadn't forgotten how to be catty.

Bobby: "Okay, Regina. Why don't we go see Lorna. I'm sure you'd hate to have to tip the cabby any more than necessary for waiting."

Remy: "Don' worry about it chere. I'll explain it later." He didn't bother trying to make eye contact with Lorna's mom. Lord. How had something that nasty made something as kind as Lorna?

Regina: "Yes, yes. I certainly would hate that. I'm sure he would over charge." Regina looked back to TJ and decided to break it down into simpler words. "I meant your baby wasn't done, sweetie." She turned to Tessa and grinned. "You know, I almost sort of like you. The hair's real though. Hate to disappoint." Regina turned and motioned on for Bobby to lead her out.

Bobby: He headed for the door. The sooner this bitch was gone, the better.

Talia: TJ fumed. No one, no one insulted her son. "You better fucking apologise right now about that. There's nothing wrong with my son, and you don't talk like that about him!"

Tessa: "Bitch, get back here before I hurt you for insulting TJ." That was a little too much. She could insult anyone but her friends here.

Regina: Regina simply waved, following Bobby out.

Remy: Remy hoped that Bobby just pushed the old bat down the stairs, glad that she'd left.

Talia: TJ followed to the door. "NO! You don't say that!" she bristled. "You old bitch, you don't fucking talk like that to me!"

Remy: Johnny started to cry, confused as to why his mommy was yelling, and Remy patted his back, making shushing noises. "Talia...jus' leave it chere. She ain't worth it."

Bobby: Bobby turned back around. Shit! Not that he blamed TJ, but this was a losing battle. "Remy's right," he said, not even concerned he was yet again agreeing with the Cajun rat.

Regina: "Poor dear, must have been too many syllables for her." Regina walked on, really quite ready to get this over with. There was an untapped minibar just waiting for her at the hotel.

Tessa: Tessa went to the door, nicely avoiding anything heavy and blunt in her way. "I think Johnny wants you," she said to TJ, and lened in. "The old bitch is mine when she comes back."

Talia: TJ picked up the closest thing she could grab, throwing it in the womans direction. "Fuck you!"

Talia: She took a breath, her frown deepening as she turned back to the room.

Remy: He clapped his hand's over Johnny's ears, but was a bit late. Ah well. More vocabulary.

Bobby: He sighed and caught up to Regina, retaking the lead. "Now that you had your fun with everybody else, why don't you try being nice to your daughter for two minutes? You can consider it another chance to step outside of the box."

Regina: "Oh, anything to hurry this along. I just know that cab driver is rounding up the fare as we speak."

Talia: She sighed. "I'm sorry..."

Bobby: "That's the spirit," he snorted and headed for the lab.

Tessa: "Don't be." Tessa said simply. "The b--bullheaded woman deserved it." She did catch herself in time to use something of a substitute for Johnny.

Remy: Johnny'd wound down to a fat lipped pout by then, his eyes wet but relatively calm. "Dieu. Well all I can say is how Lorna's turned out t' be as sweet as she is...its a damned miracle." Johnny leaned forward and smeared his face against his cheek. "An' eww. Can y' pass me a kleenex?"

Talia: "You just....don't say that about my son...you don't insult my baby," she leaned over and grabbed a tissue, walking to Remy and Johnny.

Talia: She put the tissue up to wipe Johnny's face. "I'm sorry baby...did Mommy scare you? I'm sorry.."

Remy: Johnny took a big shuddery breath and pointed at the door. "Bish?"

Tessa: Tess blinked at Johnny and blushed. Damn, shouldn't have said that around Johnny. She sat down on the arm of the nearest chair and fell into it.

Talia: Talia sighed. "No...sweetie, thats a bad word...we shouldn't say that..."
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Regina sucks ass. But you rock playing her.

And Johnny DESERVES Happy Feet after that. INTENSE!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

lol, Johnny's got x-ray vision and just saw bishop walk by, you guys just missed it. He was totally spot on with that one and you blew it.... Poor kid.
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Johnny's going to need an encyclopedia of profanity to ensure he knows which word to use when. >3

Brilliantly done! That's Fergs in the Regina-too-tight-britches, yes? Adequately EVIL.

I so pity Lorna D:
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

I'm glad Rogue wasn't there...

great job you guys!
ImageImage