01/26 Instance: Choices

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline, before the game

Rahne: Rahne strained her ears, listening for the sounds of a car as they lurking in the porch ... oh God ... this was gonna be fun.

Vic: Vic leant back against the wall, calmly smoking a cigar as he waited. He pulled off his sunglasses with a sigh. "Any ideas how yet, pup?"

Shanti: The taxi just came through the main gates and was coming up the driveway of the university. Shanti remembered Dr. McCoy explaining how it looked like, and he described it to a T. The taxi finally stopped and Shanti saw two people standing at the front door. Unusual people.

Rahne: Rahne eyed the car nervously as the woman in the back climbed out "Havn't that foggiest ...”

Vic: Vic watched the taxi. "Well, let's play it by ear." He took one last drag of the cigar and flicked the spent butt away, pushing off the wall and straightening his shirt. How th' hell are y' meant t' say 'ya kid got kidnapped an' now he's a gian' dog, but it's okay'?

Vic: XU needed to start giving out classes or something in this shit.

Shanti: After paying the cab driver, Shanti turned around, looking straight at the two. This must be the right place if the students look like mythical monsters and has tails. I wonder how they're handling it. No, not a professor today, just here to visit Kyle.

Shanti: She walked up the stairs with a smile and greeted the two. "Hello, are you two students here? I'm looking for Kyle Gibney, do you know him?"
Rahne: Rahne glanced up at Vic before giving the woman a smile, "Hi, I'm Rrrahne Sinclairr, yerr Shanti? Kyle's tol' us alotta 'bou' yerr ... ain' tha rrigh' Vic?" she nudged him.

Vic: Vic smiled at the woman, smoothing hair out of his face as his tail flicked from side to side. "Yeah. We're Kyle's bes' mates here. I'm Victor Creed, ma'am, pleased t' meet y'."

Shanti: "Well, then it's my pleasure meeting you two then. His best friends you say? That's rather interesting." she eyed both of the large men. Very interesting. His best friends are both rather on the animal side. "I don't want to waste your time any further, but do you mind showing me where he is?"

Rahne: "He's ... umm ... up in his rrroom at tha momen', he ... uhh ... asked us t' have a wee chat wit' yerr firrs' ..." Rahne said a little shiftily.
Vic: Vic folded his arms. "Yeah....uh....y' wanna come this way, ma'am? Th' fron' porch ain' exactly a comfortable place t' chat."

Shanti: Shanti walked into the mansion, following the two. They closed the door behind her. "What exactly is this about? Is something the matter?"

Rahne: Rahne shut the door behind them, "Well ... it's Kyle ... it's .. umm ... well ... he sortta ... I mean ... he's a bit ... umm ... " she looked to Vic for help.

Victor: Vic sighed a little, pinching the bridge of his nose. "We've had a pretty recen'....problem, miss." He looked at her carefully. "Y' may wanna sit somewhere f' this."

Shanti: "No, I don't want to sit, just tell me what's going on? Where's Kyle? What happened to him?"

Rahne: "He's umm ... well ... yerr see therre was this thin' ... an' wit' one thin' an' o'notherr we ain't t' surre bu' ... he's ... umm ..."

Victor: Vic sighed. Looked like he'd have to do this. "We had a group a' students kidnapped, ma'am. Kyle was one a' the firs'. He got....I dunno, experimented on."

Victor: "We tried t' get 'em ou', but that kinda fell through, but we've got 'em out now. But....he's....he's changed, miss."

Victor: "He wanted us t' have a....word. Me an' my girlfrien' here....we're kinda close t' him."

Shanti: The girlfriend bit completely flew past her, "Kidnapped? Experimented on? What do you mean he's changed? What...I sent him here because it would be safer...where is he?"

Victor: Vic shrugged. "He's a blond, male version a' Rahne here. Only wit' extra grrr." He ran a hand over his stubble. "We'll take yeh t' him, miss, but....jus' be prepared, alrigh'?"

Rahne: "He's .. havin' trrouble controlin' himsel' ... keep attackin' folk." Rahne added.

Shanti: Shanti was so confused now. For one thing, this hairy one certainly didn't look feminine, but then again, this was the world of mutations. But Kyle... She wasn't paying attention to the two anymore, she was a litte in thought. "He shouldn't be attacking anyone, he...he never attacked, take me to him, now, please."

Rahne: Rahne glanced up at Vic before nodding, "Okay ma'am ... jus' ... b' warrned 'kay ... he ain't tha same."

Shanti: "I don't care, just take me to him."
Victor: Vic shared a look with Rahne. "Alrigh'." He turned and led the woman up to Kyle's room. This should be fun...

Shanti: "His room?" She noticed the scratch marks around the doorhandle. Yes, this is his room. She remembered how many times she ended up painting over scratch marks like these back at her place.

Rahne: Rahne nodded and knocked on the door, "Kyle? Shanti's herre ... she want's t' see yerr ..."

Kyle: Kyle heard them standing there for a little while now, but he still flinched when there was a knock. It will be okay he reminded himself. He forced out two words, "Come...in."

Shanti: That did not sound like Kyle at all. Shanti took the doorhandle and turned, slowly opening the door, and then....finsing a dog. A large unusual dog. She looked back at Rahne and Vic with, then back to the dog. "Kyle?"

Victor: Vic let out the breath he didn't realise he was holding. "Yup. That's him." He slipped into the room. "Y' doin' okay, Kyle?"

Rahne: Rahne took up station infront of Shanti, just incase ...

Shanti: The hairy one was now a little in her way, "Excuse me," she said and came a little closer to him. "Kyle?" She still didn't believe this. You can't change a person like this. It's impossible.

Kyle: Kyle just looked up. "Hi Shanti." he said, lifting a claw and waved it.

Rahne: Rahne moved to the side of Shanti wearily, she did tell her.
Victor: Vic looked from Rahne to Kyle to this....Shanti to Rahne again. He felt awkward here, but Kyle was his best buddy so....yeah.

Shanti: This was him. "Oh my God...oh my god...what...what happened to you?" she said. She came even closer bending down to look at him at eye level. She moved her hands to his cheeks.

Kyle: Kyle suddenly snapped at her. She suddenly pulled back. She was also looking frightened. Oh no...he didn't want this to happen.

Rahne: Rahne steped fowards quickly, "Kyle!" She gave him a warning growl before turning back to Shanti, "'M s'rry ... it's a rreflex action ferr him rrigh' now."

Shanti: "It's...it's okay, he was like this when I first saw him, he just...surprised me." Shanti was looking at Kyle all the time. "Kyle, remember, I never hurt you. I WILL never hurt you. You know that." all the time she was talking she was edging closer to him.

Kyle: Kyle was slowly feeling more relaxed with her being so close. He looked down as she talked, but then felt a hand on his chin, pulling him to look up. "S...sorry"

Victor: Vic smiled a little as he relaxed. This woman obviously knew what she was doing. He looked up at Rahne with a smile.

Rahne: Rahne smiled back, "It's 'kay Kyle, tol' yerr it'd b' 'kay."

Shanti: Shanti smiled looking into Kyle's eyes. "There you are. I wondered where you disappeared to. I missed your letters. You're behind on them." She watched him look down again at his hands and then realised. "Oh don't worry, you don't need to write them if you can't. I'm sure one of your friends wouldn't mind writing for you."

Victor: "Heh. I'm sure Rahne won' min'...." He looked down at his unnaturally long fingers. "I have issues wit' writin' too - 's why I always use a laptop. But she's pretty good."

Rahne: Rahne nodded, "Aye, I'd b' m'rre then happy t' Kyle, if yer'd like ... yerr can' dictate an' i'll be like yerr secertary."

Shanti: Shanti turned back to the two, "Oh, I'm sorry, you misunderstood, I didn't mean you two. Kyle's coming back to Durham, he can't stay here, it's clearly not safe for him."

Kyle: That brought a shock to Kyle. He didn't want to leave.

Victor: "Wait, what?" Vic stepped forward a little, frowning. "Y' takin' him away? Jus' like tha'? Don' he even have a fuckin' choice?"

Rahne: Rahne frowned, "Yerr cannae d' tha' .. it's his choice afterr all."

Shanti: "I know this must upset you two, but this isn't up to him. I sent him here because I thought it would be safe for him here, but clearly," she gestured to Kyle, "It isn't"

Rahne: "Bu' it's up t' him ain't it? Dinnae he get a say in this?"

Victor: Vic raised an eyebrow, looking from Shanti to Kyle. "Y'd take him away fr'm his mates?" He looked at Kyle. "What d' ya think, man? Y' know we'll supprot yeh but....we don' wanna see ya go. An' th' hell we gonna do wit' yer bike if y' do?"

Kyle: Kyle mumbled something

Shanti: "Look, I don't know how long you've known him, but Kyle can't make these decisions for himself. He has the mentality of a young teenager."

Victor: Vic couldn't help the light growl at that. "Aye. I'm sure. Bu' he seems damn capable'f makin' his own decisions in th' time I've known him." He thought back to the club. "An' I don' give a shit, lady, whether y' think he's mentally two or twenty. His wishes shoul' be in there somewhere, eh?"

Rahne: Rahne narrowed her eyes at Shanti, "If yerr d' tha, yerr'll jus' b' teachin' him t' run 'way frr'm his prroblems," Rahne said carefully.

Shanti: "And what problems would he be facing then? Being kidnapped? Being experimented on? Look at him. He clearly didn't need any more problems to face. And you," she looked at Vic.

Shanti: "Would you really give someone with his mental capacity such a choice? What's next? Take him to a bar and tell him that he could drink anything that he wants? He'd probably go and try everything. He doesn't know the difference between what's good for him or what's bad for him. Hell, it's like asking a hormoned teen if they want sex, and actually giving it to them."

Victor: Vic gave Shanti a long, long look. "Oh, I think he knows exactly what's good fer him, miss. He's been able t' work ou' fer himself what he likes an' as fer what's bad fer him....how th' fuck he meant t' learn if y' won' let him?"
Victor: Okay. So Kyle evidently hadn't told her about the absinthe night or the club. Vic flicked a glance to him.

Rahne: Rahne looked over at Kyle, "Ma'am .. yerr talkin' o'err him ain't gonna make him feel any betterr, if anythin' babyin' him's jus' gonna make it worrse."

Shanti: "Look," she wasn't sure if she should call the hairy one girl or boy anymore. "Look, I'm sure you know what's best for him, but it still have nothing to do with you, especially when it comes to his best interest."

Kyle: "No!" Kyle barked. Shanti almost jumped back startled by the sudden voice coming from Kyle. "I want...to...stay. " he struggled to say what he wanted to say. "Rahne is nice. Vic is nice. Xavier..." university "place is...nice. Can't leave them."

Rahne: Rahne smiled at Kyle "Yerr dinnae hafta go if yerr dinnae wan' t'," she told him, "she cannae make yerr, 'kay?"

Shanti: Shanti went back closer to Kyle. "Kyle, I know you like it here, but it's not safe for you, okay? You can come back with me to Durham. You won't have.." she got cut off by Kyle.

Kyle: "No!" he growled very loudly at her. "Not going. Staying!" he growled louder after that. No, no, not now, can't get angry now, not with her here.

Victor: Vic put his hand on Kyle's shoulder as he noted the growl. "Kyle, it's okay. Calm down, cub, she ain' gonna hurt ya. She's jus' tryna do her bes' by ya." He looked at Shanti. "Think he's made his choice, miss."

Shanti: "I see..." she looked at Kyle again. "You know, it's not safe for you here. Look what happened to you. You can't even talk properly. Think what else might happen if people just come here and do these things. You don't want to stay here, do you?"

Kyle: It was the final straw for Kyle. He pushed Vic's hand off of him and came so close to hurting Shanti, but he stopped himself. "Without...their help...would...hurt you. They help me. " He stepped back and sat on the bed.

Shanti: Shanti was shocked. She stood up straight. "Fine. But you will always be welcome to come home." she wanted to hug him, but fear stopped her. "Goodbye Kyle." She turned and walked out the room.

Rahne: Rahne watched her leave, she could understand why she'd want to bring Kyle home after this but still ... she went over to Kyle and crouched down infront of him "Hey ... wanna hug cub?" She held her arms open.

Kyle: Kyle shook his head. "Almost hurt her." He sat still for a small while. He could hear footsteps fading in the background. "Alone. Want..to be..alone...please"

Victor: Vic watched the woman leave empassively, before squeezing Kyle's shoulder briefly and touching Rahne's. "Fair do's, Kyle. Y' know where t' find us when ya wanna talk, though, mate. We're always here f' ya." He smiled at him. "C'mon, pup. He'll be alrigh'."

Rahne: Rahne glanced up at Vic, the gently took Kyle's hand and gave it a squeeze before standing up, "Jus' call if yerr need us, 'kay Kyle?" She took Vic's hand and they left the room.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Awww poor Kyle. And sex indeed. LOL

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.