1/29 Instance: First Step

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline current

Remy: He leaned forward on his elbows as he peeled the wrapper methodically from a cupcake. It was late, the mansion blissfully quiet for once. He wasn't sure if that was because anyone who was partying had come home already, or if he was truly getting old and they were still out hooting and hollering. Sitting in the bathroom hadn't worked tonight, and he knew that Anna had set aside a few of these from the other day. He broke off a small peice and thought of her, glad that she'd talked to him.

Vic: Vic padded down to the kitchen, a bottle of whiskey in one hand and his cigars in the other. God only knew what time it was, but obviously his subconscious wasn't going to let him sleep tonight. Maybe a drink and a smoke and something to eat would help.

Vic: He opened the kitchen door quietly, blinking in surprise when he realised it wasn't empty. Then he caught Remy's scent at the same time as he realised he was there. He sighed. "Can' sleep either?" He murmured, plunking the bottle on the table before fetching out a glass, adding another after a pause. Good oppertunity as any.

Remy: He came out of his semi-asleep cupcake appreciation daze with a slight jump, glancing up at Vic, before focusing on the bottle he'd brought with him. Ah. "Non. If I'm in y're way though..."

Vic: Vic shrugged, before sliding into a seat and pouring himself a glass, looking down at the alcohol in silence for a few minutes before taking a gulp. The burn woke him up a little. "Nah. Y' ain' in my way. Bin tryna work up th' guts t' come talk t' ya fer a while now." He glanced quickly up at Remy before looking back at the table.

Remy: He gave a non-commital grunt and took another bit of the cupcake, though he wasn't really hungry either. Merde. He wasn't really in the mood to get chewed out either, but he may as well get it over with. "Fire away." He kept his eyes on his plate, herding crumbs around with his finger.

Vic: Vic sighed, closing his eyes. He could do this. It hurt that he could almost feel Remy pull away from him. C'mon, Creed. "I...." Fuckit. "I'm sorry, Rem."

Remy: That wasn't what he'd expected. He frowned, and flicked his gaze up at Vic for a moment. "Why?"

Vic: "Why?" Vic tried a small smile, taking a sip. "Because I was....I was wrong t' get that angry wit' ya, Remy. An'....say tha' shit t' ya." He looked back at the table, noting that his hands were shaking slightly.

Vic: "I was....I was outta order. Way outta line. An' I jus'....I'm sorry."

Remy: "I could understand y' bein' angry. Wasn't a problem." He left off with the cupcake and started making oragami out of the flattened paper cup. "Bound t' be people upset about dis."

Vic: Vic snorted. "No, Rem. Tha' wen' above an' beyond upset. I'm bettin' not even Bobby said that shit t' ya." He looked away, concentrating on the glass his was twisting in his hands. "An' it don' matter if y' understan' or not. I shouldn'ta said what I did still. Shouldn'ta bin such a bastard t' ya."

Remy: "Y' misunderstood me. I didn't care about y' bein' angry. Y're entitled t' dat." He shook his head. "Hell y're entitled t' believe whatever d' hell y' do about me really, so it don't matter. I jus' thought y' trusted me, dat y' thought better of me. Dat y'd be mad at me, sure. But dat y' didn't think I was dat kinda person."

Vic: Vic looked down at his glass. "...Oh." He took a breath and looked Remy in the eye. "Maybe, when I said that shit....yeah. T' be honest, I did think that, an' I ain' makin' no excuses fer mysel' f' tha'." He dropped his gaze, smilng humourlessly. "Hindsigh's a wonderful fuckin' thing, though. I shoulda known y' better."

Vic: He drained his glass, picking up the bottle and refiling it. Like he'd get drunk, but it gave him something to concentrate on. "If I'd actually though' abou' it....insteada losin' my temper....y' ain' that sorta person. I do know yeh better'n tha'. F' fuck's sake, y've been there through all sorta shit - even wit' the whole Fringes mess."

Vic: "So me bein' angry wasn' alrigh'." He looked down. "Not wit' ya, anyway."

Remy: There were times when having a brain that wasn't overly happy with being rearranged sucked. This would be one of them. "I'm sorry, but I don' really get what y' mean. Y' thought I was a guy dat didn't care about anythin' but himself before, but now y' don'? Or what?"

Remy: He folded his arms over his chest. "Vic...I'm not sure what t' say. What happens down d' road if somethin' different comes up? What if some day I'm drivin' down d' road an' a car comes infront of me an' I hit dem by accident an' kill someone? Am I gonna be a murder den dat kills for d' fun of it?"

Vic: Vic closed his eyes. "No. Remy....I ran my mouth off, alrigh'? I didn' think. Yeah, I though' it was y' faul' - but I've bin talkin' t' people, an' I've bin thinkin', an' y' know what? I shouldn'ta said any've tha', not until I'd calmed down. I made a mistake."

Vic: He opened his eyes, unable to bring himself to look at Remy. Boy had he fucked up. "No. I didn' say tha', Remy." He tried not to think of waking up to find his hand in Bobby's guts, or the guy at the base. "No. Y' gave yersel' up t' save TJ an' Johnny. Bobby an' th' res'....that weren' yer faul'. I see tha' now."

Vic: "I think....it was....th' fact y' gave up. Y' didn'....ya know? Ya didn' figh'. An'....I can'....I can' understan' tha'." Vic ran a hand through his hair, taking a gulp.

Remy: Maudit. Just when he'd adjusted one way, life had a way of knocking him on his ass and he had to readjust things again. It was hard though. Hard to trust in the first place. Hard to let people in - really in. He had friends here, sure, but only a few of them got really in. Too many things in his life. Too many times he'd been screwed over. "I forgive y' Vic, but I'm not sure I know what y' want from me."

Vic: Vic leaned on a hand and pinched the bridge of his nose. "T' be yer bes' bud again. F' everythin' tabe th' same." He chcuckled. "Now I'm jus' bein' stupid. I jus'....I guess....I jus' wanna be yer mate again, Remy, an' I wanna be there f' ya....an'....I dunno. I want t' know why, why y' didn' jus' blow th' whole place t' shit an' get th' guys ou'."

Vic: "An'....y' forgive me? Even after tha'?" Vic opened his eyes and looked Remy in the face. "Jus' like tha'?"

Remy: "Forgivin' is easy Vic. Trust is hard. I can' jus' pull dat out of my ass, or force it, or even know how it'll happen. So I think we jus' need time dere." He sat back in his chair. "I'll answer y' what questions y' want t' ask. I won't feel guilty for d' things dat weren't im my control though. Got enough load t' bear without dat, neh?"

Vic: Vic sighed. "Yeah well. I deserve tha'. Can' ask yeh t' trus' me so easy again after hurtin' ya, I guess. Can only ask tha' I get a chance t' prove it, eh?" He sat back as well.

Vic: Vic looked thoughtful for a moment. "Okay. I think I get why y' did all tha'. Fer family, yeah? F' Johnny an' TJ an'....t' stop him tryna waltz in t' take th' rest of us. I can get tha'. Is tha'....is tha' why y' didn' try breakin' out the others? 'Cause y' were scared he'd come back? Or 'cause they weren' yer responsibility, so t' speak?"

Remy: He shook his head. "Non. Cause my powers were outta control, an' I'd be jus' as likely t' blow us all up as not. An' if I tried t' get through all d' security, stoned off my ass an' barely able t' walk, chances are I'd get about five feet before gettin' caught, an' den I'd have broken d' contract t' boot. If y' have nothin' t' lose, an' only y're own hide t' look after, y'd try dat shit."

Victor: Vic nodded slowly. If only he'd thought about asking this shit before he'd blown up. Coulda, shoulda, mighta-bins, Creed. "Fair enough. So it weren' a case of ya jus'....rollin' over." That was a relief, hearing that. "They drugged y' up? I'd heard but...." He shrugged helplessly, trying to show that through his own stupidity he knew nothing.

Remy: "I suppose in a way I was rather dan fightin' my way out. But when it's y're kid." He shrugged. "It's hard t'
explain. Dey mean more dan anythin' t' y' though."

Remy: "An' oui. Heroin, since he read my records an' knew it brought d' sheilds down. So I'm jus' finishin' gettin' off of dat. Couldn't quit cold turkey like I did before...was on it too long."

Victor: Vic winced, taking a gulp of whiskey. "Ouch." He looked away. "Yeah. Abou' y' kid. Mebbe I need t' do a little explainin' myself...." He sighed. "Y' do know it's a crock a' shite that I don' understan' what protectin' a li'l kid is abou', righ'?"

Victor: He paused. "I think....this is what got me so fuckin' angry wit' ya, Rem. Y' know this whole X-Men thing. That's based at this school, yeah? Where y've also set up y' family. That's awesome, that y' trus' us wit' Johnny an' Teej."

Victor: He looked REmy in the eye. "What ain' is th' fact tha' y' can' seem t' trust us wit' 'em when y' ain' here. I ain' gettin' angry this time, Rem, jus' layin' my cards on th' table." He looked at Remy seriously. "Y' were th' firs' t' sign up, Rem. Y're a team leader - least, y' were - but ya don' have faith in th' teams, fr'm the looks of it....an' if y' don', then why should the res' of us?"

Remy: "I know y' care about dem. I know y'd do what y' could t' keep dem safe, Vic. I'm not questionin' y're intentions dere at all. I trusted y'all t' do everythin' y' possibly could t' keep dem safe. It's jus' dat I doubted y'all could follow dem every moment of every day. LIke what if dey wanted t' go shoppin'? Or t' dese kid group whatever dey are things? Dey supposed t' take along two or three of y' t' stand guard over dem?"

Remy: "I trust y'all in d' field. Everyone here is willin' t' lay demselves on d' line t' protect everyone else. But life ain't like dat. Dere isn't a mission - a limited amount of time. Dey have t' still live dere lives, or always walk aroun' lookin' over dere shoulder an' having d' whole team follow dem everywhere, or stay locked up here all d' time."

Remy: "An' d' fact is, dat homme had stuff we've not been faced wit' before. He was tricky. I'd never doubt dat any of y' would do all y' could, but it was still a risk, even if it was a small one, dat I couldn't take wit' him. If dere was even a chance dat I could prevent him doin' all dem horrible things t' Johnny dat he did t' everyone else - I had t' take it."

Victor: Vic nodded slowly, sighing and rubbing his face with his free hand. "Y' know, this world is fucked up if people like Essex breathe in it." He muttered. "Y' shouldn' have had t' go through tha'. None o' ya shoul', but y' especially, Remy. Ya don' deserve tha' shit."

Remy: "People had worse. Y' talk t' Scotty...or Lorna an' Bobby...Kyle." He shook his head. "It was what it was. None of us wanted t' see d' others dere. But dere's always gonna be shit out in d' world. Y' an' me both know dat well enough."

Victor: Vic shook his head. "Yeah. Yeah I know tha'." He drained his glass. "Still a low piece of ass t' use a baby as a bargainin' tool." He watched Remy for a bit. "I....I think'm still a li'l angry, Remy. But I think it's more 'cause y' scared th' shit outta me, man." He chuckled a little uncertainly. "It's fuckin' good t' have y' back."

Remy: He studied Vic wordlessly for a moment, and then gave a slight smile and a nod. "It's good t' be back."

Victor: Vic gave him a slight smirk, testing the waters slightly. "Glad t' see yer growin' yer hair again. Xavier's look don' suit ya." He leant forward, pouring another glass. "So....we at leas' back on speakin' terms again?" He offered a slightly shy smile.

Remy: He ran his hand over it. "Good thing I ain't too vain. Can't say I chose d' look for its style. An' oui, though I wouldn't expect anythin' profound out of me at..." He glanced at the clock. "Two thirty three in d' mornin'."

Victor: Vic couldn't help the laugh at that. "Well, this is as heavy as I get righ' now. Don' sleep so good any more." He shrugged. "...Did Johnny like his presents, by th' way? Woulda stayed but....didn' wanna make it awkward."

Remy: "He did. Thanks a lot for dem. Gonna have t' get on writin' thank y' cards an' all." He frowned slightly. "Why aren't y' sleepin'? Y' got Rahne upstairs wit' y', non?"

Victor: Vic shrugged again. "Had a flashback of th' Ocelot kin' after the firs' mission wen' t' pot. Th' nigh'terrors're still buggin' me. Jus' foun' it's easier t' sit an' watch th' sun rise. Ain' no big deal." He raised a brow at Remy. "Same reason y're down here?"

Remy: He made a face at that. "Well dat's shitty. Y' been t' talk about it? An' non, can't say I've been thinkin' about him at all. It sucks dat y're still havin' t' deal wit' dat though.""

Victor: Vic smiled, reaching out and tapping a cigar out of the packet, if only for something for his fingers to do. "Still seein' Dai. Says I ain' ever gonna be over it, not totally. Pos' traumatic stress syndrome, or some such. Jus' gotta put up wit' it."

Victor: He debated telling Remy about the 'stress-relief' she'd prescribed, smiling a little. "Tha' an' anger managemen' issues. No' that y' hadn' noticed. So why are yeh down here at stupid o' clock in th' mornin', Rem?"

Remy: He held up the remnant of his treat, before popping it in his mouth. "Cupcake. Rogue made a few extra, an' figured it would hit d' spot. She's a great cook, neh?"

Victor: Vic awtched him blankly for a few seconds before raising an eyebrow, but he let it drop. Early days, yet, and he didn't want to risk even this. "Yeah. She's good at tha'. Good t' talk to too."

Remy: He smiled and nodded. "Definately. She's been a help." He pushed the chair back and stood. "Thanks for takin' d' time t' talk. I know it can't have been easy for y'."

Victor: Vic smiled up at Remy. "Hell no. But y' worth doin' hard shit for." He stood as well, sticking the unlit cigar in his mouth and hesitating, before extending a hand. He's avoidin' talkin'. "I'll say hi t' Rahne, yeah? You get some decen' sleep."

Remy: "Dat'd be good. Give her a kiss for me." He took the hand offered him and shook it, and then shook his head and with a mental shrug, leaned in and briefly brushed his lips over Vic's in a friendly guesture before turning and making his way out of the room. It would take time, he wasn't kidding himself, but he had a lot to think on as well.

Victor: Vic blinked for a second, then smiled a little as he turned to head outside, fishing for his zippo. Well....looked like things were looking up. He scooped up the whiskey on the way past. At least he'd made the first step.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Yaaaay! They're talking again, not having those boys being friends was wierd. Nice work guys, very believeable.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

I got all giddy and happy! I'm so glad they made up!!! :D :D :D that was such a great instance, yall. and so many different things in there made me giggle I don't think they'd all fit in here. ...ok, they would, but I'm lazy :P

btw, yall seriously... :rogue is getting such a HUGE ego from everyone saying how awesome she is and stuff.. ...keep it up! lol
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone