01/29 Instance: Past Demons.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Timeline day after That English Charm, taa!

Lizzie sat at a table by the window, ignoring the open books on her desk. She had to try and catch up that morning, before she went to see James...Did she really want to though? Working hard had lost it's appeal after everything...

He made his way down into the library, looking for a book in order to start work on a paper again. He knew he didn't need to rush back into it, but he didn't want to leave it to build up worse than it already was. He stopped in the doorway though, at who was within. "Hey Lizzie."

"Hey." She didn't look away from the window, she kew it was Remy, she didn't need to look...Better just to keep her attention on the tree outside. Her fingers itched for the box in her pocket.

He was tempted to just turn and walk out again, but that would be cowardly. And he wasn't that. He walked over to her table and looked down at her. "How are y' copin'?"

"Not topped myself yet, obviously. Apart from that how do you think I'm coping?" she said, a little more bitterly than she really meant it to be, but really...

Well, he didn't know what the hell that really meant, but he could tell from her tone. "About as could be expected. Y' talked t' anyone about it? Doin' what y' need t' be?"

"I'm talking about it...Don't worry. My brother's come over for a while as well, so I'm going to spend some time with him. You can sit down you know," she glanced across at him finally, her face paler than usual.

"Well, was jus' down here for a book...but..." He took the chair across from her. "Dat's good he came over t' see y'. He bring his wife?"

Lizzie shook her head slightly, lacing her fingers together in front of her. "No, she stayed in England. Didn't want to intrude as it's only recently we've gotten on. Or maybe they thought it'd be rubbing my nose in it. You know 'look what I have, you don't'."

"Oui. An' y're brother an' y' will have more time dat way - so it will work out well for y' both. Can jus' focus on y' dat way." He ran his hand across the edge of the table. "Y' done anythin' t' mourn him? Done a memorial or anythin'?"

"No. Because...I don't know how to act. He is...gone, but he isn't. It's hard..." tears crept into the corners of her eyes and she stared down at the floor. "Not like anything will ever fix it. No fairy tale..." tears slowly fell as she spoke, splashing on the table.

"I'm sorry Lizzie. An' oui, its a hard thing. But maybe if y' had a chance t' at least have somethin' dat would offer y' some closure. Its a real shame dis even happened...he an' y' were pullin' things around."

"Shame? A shame?" looking up, her face was unreadable. "Shame doesn't even begin to fucking cover it!" Jumping up from her seat, she pulled her pill box out of her jeans pocket and started to fiddle with the lid. "Pulling things around...We'd been together nearly eighteen months!"

"I'm sorry. Didn't explain dat realy well." He watched her fuss. "I meant d' whole heath stuff, an' movin' back here rather dan bein' upset an' in England an' other places. Though maybe y' may look at comin' back here as d' mistake. An' y're right. Shame don' come close. Don' think dat any words could cover it though."

He frowned as he spotted the thing she was playing with. "What's dat?"

"I said...I said to him at Christmas he didn't have to come back here, he could have stayed in London. Not like I can't afford the airfare. He was never happy here..." she held the box in her palms. "It's nothing."

Sniffing, she brushed her hair back with the hand concealing the box; it rattled slightly.

"Bullshit. I may be many things, but ignorant about dat sort of thing ain't one of dem. Y' know better dan dat too. Y' worked hard as hell 't get off dem, an' he wouldn't have wanted dis." He held his hand out. "Give it here. An' no one's said anythin' t' y' about dem? Where y' gettin' dem from?"

"It really is nothing. Don't you trust me? Are things exploding and shaking around me like they did back then?" she gestured to the still room. "It's just a trinket I found when I cleaned out Warrens room. It was with a box of my old stuff."

She took a few steps back, crossing her arms defensively. No way was he taking it off her...

"So y' have better control, right now. I remember what y' were like back den. It was a mess. Y' worked hard t' give dat up. Don' go an' undo it all now." He snorted. "An' its not 'a trinket'. It make y' really happy? Remind y' of d' good things in life? Make y' remember what good shape y' were in back den?"

"No. It reminds me of just how bad they were so damn well leave it! It's fine for you! You have TJ, you've got Johnny, your father, what do I have? Just that dream of me and Warren together on a beach when we're old, you're the one that gave me that image so just leave me be!"

"I'm sorry for y're loss Lizzie. It ain't fair, an' it ain't right. An' I don' blame y' for bein' angry - y' be as angry as y' need girl. But don' go an' hurt y'reself more dan y're hurtin' already."

"Why won't you believe me when I tell you I'm not?" her bottom lip trembled as tears streaked her face.

"So y' ain't takin' pills?" He sighed. "Look. I know it seems like I'm bein' an' ass, but it's cause I don' want y' gettin' hurt by it, Lizzie."

Pushing the box back in her pocket she looked away. "Couldn't hurt me any more than what I feel right now."

"Y' know dere's a difference. Know it damn well. If d' situation was reversed, would have y' wanted Warren doin' d' same thing? Goin' back t' drinkin' himself t' death?" He shook his head. "Look, I ain't tryin' t' make light of y're grief. But y' can't let how far y've come go right out d' window."

"Won't. Don't worry..." she wandered back to the window, staring out again. "You have your own thnigs to be more concerned about."

He folded his arms. "Dat a hint for 'I'm done dis talk an' could y' please go away LeBeau? If so, I can respect dat. I do care about what happens t' y' though."

"No, but you have your own life, you can't worry too much about me."

"We all have our own lives. Y' had y're own life wit' Warren. Did y' not care what happened t' others jus' can y' had him?" He shook his head. "Everyone's gonna worry. Y're a friend. It's what friends do."

"Yes and you're the friend who would often berate me about worrying too much. You know how much I care about everyone else...I just want to be able to breath. My brother is going to be doing all the worrying in the world..."

"Oui, but y'd be stressed an' unhappy about it. Dis ain't hurtin' me or others like dat. An' I'm glad y' have y're brother too. Jus'...don' be dumb, alright?" He stood and walked over to her. "I'm real sorry Lizzie. I know words aren't enough, but if y' need anythin'...y' let me know."

"Don't think you can give me back what I need..." Lizzie murmured quietly, her eyes still a little wet. "But thanks..."

He reached out and squeezed her shoulder. "Suppose not. Still...y' let me know." Reaching over her, he pulled down the book he needed and tucked it under his arm. "Have a good visit wit' y're brother."

"I'll try, thanks, Remy. Love the new hairstyle..." she tried to inject a note of humour into it, but it came out a little choked.

"Mmm. Think y'rs is a bit more stylin'." He gave her a wink. "I'll see y' around."

"Bye, Remy..." Lizzie turned her back on him and returned to her seat, dropping back into it. Pulling the box back out, she flipped the lid open and popped one of the contents into her mouth before going back to not studying.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

:doh!

Bad Lizzie!

[Edited on 1/30/2008 by tears~fall~like~glass]
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

... Is it wrong of me to be hoping that they're just tic-tacs or something in there? Because if they are that would be the funniest thing ever.

If not though :(
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Oh my, poor Lizzie. :cry

Selene should check if some of her, uhm... tic-tacs boxes are missing. Yeah, tic-tacs... :shifty
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen