01/31 Instance : A Change, continued.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline for the 9th please

Kyle swallowed. He was as nervous as hell, but half glad Dr. McCoy had said it was okay to let Rahne and Vic be there with him.

Josh paced nervously, occasionally casting a glance at Hank or Kyle, and wondering how he'd manage to botch this up -- Stop. You aren't going to mess up. Dr. McCoy is here and he'll gut you if you start to hurt Kyle. Somehow, the thought didn't make him feel any better.

Vic looked down at Kyle with a reassuring smile. "It'll be alrigh', mate. Y're in good han's."

Tessa wondered what she was here for. She stood behind Josh a little, as far away from the tall blonde as she could easily manage. Wasn't the messing with powers what had gotten Kyle here in the first place?

Rahne patted Kyle's hand soothingly, "yer'll be fine man, jus' relax .. we won' let anythin' happen ..."

Hank wasn't at all sure how this was going to go, but he smiled reassuringly at Kyle. "All right, my good man, it's perfectly normal to be frightened."

Josh cracked his knuckles and tried to imitate Hank's professional stance. He even gave Kyle what he thought was a reassuring smile. "OK, are we ready to do this?"

Hank glanced up at the surveillance camera capturing the whole scene. "Just, go slowly, Joshua."

Kyle nodded to everyone's reassurances. Clearly this wasn't going to be so bad...unless it was like the same time it happened when he got this way...that hurt. "hm..I'm ready.." He swallowed again.

Rahne squeezed his hand, "Shush ... it's 'kay bairn ..." She looked over at Josh "Shoul I get outta tha way o' s'methin'? I'd like t' stay wit' him ..."

Vic glanced at Tessa, trying not to notice the fear rolling off her or the way she was avoiding him. THe hell.... "I ain' movin', Hank."

"Ummm..." Josh wasn't sure what he was doing at all, to be honest. He'd figured this would be similar to what he and Tessa had done to help Eve... but, really, it was worlds different. "Might be a good idea..." He looked helplessly at Hank, then back at Tessa. Who he wasn't sure liked him much right now. Since he'd slept with her and then not gone to visit her while she was in the medlab for a seizure. Great timing, Foley.

"That's fine, Victor, but... Rahne... I don't know." He moved to jot down a few notes. He considered asking Josh to stop partway through to take an additional blood sample. This was fascinating. However... Kyle was still his patient. "Follow your instincts, Mr. Foley."

Kyle was actually hoping Josh didn't follow his instincts. At the moment Kyle's instincts told him to rip everyone's faces off before they could hurt him or Vic or Rahne. His head on the other hand was still scared $h1tless.

Instincts. Right on, Doctor Dude. "OK, don't worry about a thing, Kyle," he said as he laid his hands on Kyle's shoulders. "I'm... ready as I'll ever be. Tessa, got an idea of what to do?"

Rahne glanced down at Kyle ... "Umm ... Kyle? Wha d' yerr wan' m' t' d'?"
Vic glanced up at Rahne, smiling slightly. Glad to see peace had been struck. "I'll stay here then."

"Just...just don't leave...the room." he managed to say between breaths.

Rahne smiled and backed away, giving Kyle's hand a final squeeze, I'll stay where yerr can see m' 'kay."

Tessa glanced nervously at Josh. Yeah, the sex. That was smart. "Um. Just work on the fur for now." Try not to kill Kyle. Good first step.

"I'm starting, Kyle, just don't stress out, ok," Josh took a deep breath and concentrated. Tessa's help tickled his mind as he zoned out and, as Hank said, followed his instincts. He felt like he could sense something about Kyle changing, but couldn't be sure from where he stood.

Kyle could feel...something. It was like a feeling of nerousness that you get in your stomach...but it wasn't limited to there, it was all over his body, his skin, his claws, and he couls swear he could feel it in his bones.

Rahne watched Kyle as he twitchjed and slowly started to change "They'rre doin' s'methin' Kyle," she told him.

Hank took a step closer. Something was definitely happening. "Yes, she's right. Very good, children. I would continue in that vein."

"Kyle, try not to move, okay?" Josh reminded him, encouraged by Rahne's and Hank's words. "We good to move on, Tess?"

The fastest way to communicate with Josh, given what they were doing, was with telepathy. She hoped it didn't freak Kyle out. But finding words to describe someone's DNA wasn't exactly easy. "Kyle? Are you okay?" That phrase sounded weird in her head.

Kyle made small gasps through clenched teeth, and between gasps he was able to add, " 'm..okay..I'm okay "

Vic watched as Kyle....changed, smiling at him. "Doin' good, mate."

"Yerr starrtin' t' look m'rre human, yer legs are changin'," Rahne said encouragingly.

Josh sent to Tessa, and worked to follow her advice. He went a little... deeper was the only way he could think to describe it, but worked gingerly, searching for any signs of alarm.

She had to keep looking between the blood sample in one hand, and Kyle on the bed, avoiding Vic at all times. He made her nervous.

Kyle kept his eye's tightly shut. He was much too scared to see the change. He already saw it once, not again. He felt his feet and hands itch...not on the skin but deep inside. The itche moved around his body untill it spread to everywhere.

He grimaced, beginning to feel exhaustion creep in. But he trusted Tessa. He just wished he understood his own power better, for heaven's sake!

Vic could feel that Tess was avoiding him. He'd have to talk to her about that, but right now he could smell that Kyle was scared. "It's okay, Kyle, me an' Rahne're still here, mate."

"Yer waaaay shorrter man, I thin' yerr headin' back t' bein' a shorrt-ass," she grinned.

She flicked back to Kyle from the glass in her hand and it was getting closer. By no means there yet, but it was going.

It was remarkable. The boy was shifting back to a definitely more human form. "Yes, excellent. Keep going."

Then suddenly the itch turned to a strain...and from there to a sharp needle like pricking, which grew to a sharp pain all over his body. Eyes, ears, jaw, mouth, tongue, neck, chest, arms, legs, everywhere. He screamed, "STOP! PLEASE! HURTS! STOP!"

Vic winced. "Holy shit- stop!"

Josh's concentration broke instantly. He fell back in surprise and stumbled against the wall. "Kyle, Kyle, calm down!" he cried desperately, knowing the job wasn't done. He tried to grab Kyle's shoulders again. "Just a little more, Kyle!"

Hank jumped. "Wait, how intense is the pain, Kyle? Can you continue? I think it would be best. I can give you an analgesic."

Kyle struggled and shifted and then even fell of the bed, curling up, "it hurts...it hurts...please...no more...no more..."

Vic immediately when to Kyle's side, crouching down. "Hey, hey, Kyle, it's okay. It's okay, mate." He cautiosly lay a hand on his shoulder. "If y' don' wan' any more, it'll stop. It's okay, man."

Rahne who'd been worriedly staying in her courner, came over, to hell with any warnings "Kyle! It's 'kay," she grabbed his hand "We're here."

"We certainly won't force you, child, but..." Hank looked him over.

"Whoa." Tessa blinked at Kyle and flicked to Josh. "Kyle, it's okay. We're stopping."

Josh looked uncertainly at Hank. "What should we do?" And then over at Tessa. "Is it okay to leave him like this? Is it safe?"

Vic looked up at the others. "Well, he ain' exactly meltin'." He said drily.

"It's ... better then it was," Rahne said a little nervously.

"It's not going to change on its own." She reached out and patted Kyle's shoulder. "Can you tell me what happened, Kyle?" She shot a look at Vic for a split second before looking back to the bed.

"He's... well, his mutation will keep him stable." Hank busied himself scribbling. "I need to examine him, and run some more blood tests... perhaps, for now, this was a good effort."

Josh obediently backed away, straying far from Vic and keeping his eyes anxiously on Kyle. Did I do something wrong? He'd never hurt anyone before... not that he'd ever tried anything of this magnitude.

It took quite a moment before he felt the pain slowly subside. He shouldn't have done this. "It....was okay at first, but it hurt. It started hurting very much, all over my body."

Vic stroked Kyle's shoulder soothingly. "Hey, y're lookin' good, Kyle. It'll be okay."

"Vic's righ' yer'll be fine," Rahne put it, patting his back.

"Sorry, man." Josh rubbed the back of his neck and shrugged his shoulders. "As long as you're okay now... You did good, I know it must've been scary." Well, he didn't really know, he'd never tried to change his own DNA structure...

Kyle finally looked down at his own body. He was still hairy, or furry, or whatever it's called. But, there was something that was gone. Not gone, but it wasn't as big and nagging him anymore. "I don't want to hurt anyone..." he chuckled. "I...I don't feel like hurting people."

Tessa tilted her head to the side. "Your speech is different." She reached for Kyle's hand and smiled at him as best she could. "You did really good."

Vic blinked, then smiled. "No urge t' tear ou' my throat this time, big guy?" He squeezed the shoulder, grinning.

Kyle looked up at everyone, smiling, "Thanks" he said to Tessa and Josh, and he smiled and shook his head at Vic's question.

Hank was still writing furiously. This was just endlessly fascinating. Endlessly.

Rahne smiled and wrapped her arms arounf Kyle's shoulders "Tha's awesome man!"

"No prob," Josh said, grinning again. Man, but did he feel tired. "If it's all the same to you guys, I'm gonna go lie down for a bit. Congratulations, Kyle."

Tessa swallowed dryly and fidgeted with the end of her braid. Being surrounded by lab equipment wasn't high on her list of priorities. "I, ah, I think I'm gonna go now." Out, want to get out.

Vic looked up at Tessa and frowned. "Y' okay, Tess?"

Kyle's stomach gave a growl that could have been mistaken for one that himself would have made in his previous form. "Thanks...I, I think I'm hungry. Doctor McCoy, is it okay if I get something to eat?"

Rahne cackles, "Okay Kyle's back ... he's thinkin' wit' his stomach again," she teased.

"Hmm?" He looked up from his notes, shoving his glasses up his nose. "Certainly. I will just need to run some tests after you've had a little rest."

Tessa ignored Vic calling her name and kept going, feeling like she was going to be ill. Keep going, just keep going..

Kyle grinned his ugly mug. "Thanks!" He started to get up, but his legs wobbled and he grabbed on to Rahne and vic for support.

"Oookay bairn, less get yerr t' tha kitchen an' fed up," she grabbed hold of one arm to steady him.

Vic frowned after Tessa. He'd heard rumours. "Y' wanna stay wit' Kyle, Rahney? I'm only gonna be a bit." He smiled at Kyle and shifted his weight onto Rahne. "Ju' wanna go check Tess is okay."

"Okay ... less g' defrros' s'methin in tha microwave Kyle."

"yech...okay"

Vic nodded to them and headed out, following Tess' scent.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »