1/30 Instance: Stupid is as stupid does

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline current

Remy: He stepped along, quicker than he'd been before. He still needed the cane to provide that important tripod leg for additional balance, but he could tell the difference. It shouldn't be too much longer, if he kept up his conditioning. Still, it irked. His momentary self reflection was cut sharply off when he noticed and identified someone sitting by the pool as he made his way past it. He almost ducked his head and continued on, not wanting to disturb, but something in Bobby's hand caught the light. He sighed, and changed his path.

Bobby: Bobby sensed a change in the temperature near the water and looked up, making a half ass attempt to hide the nearly-empty whiskey bottle behind his leg. Oh. Him. Fuck it. "Figured it would still be too cold for everybody else
out here."

Remy: He shrugged. "It is nippy out dis mornin', for sure. Gotta get d' walkin' in though." Easing a bit nearer to Bobby, but not too much so he didn't feel all crowded, he sat on one of the deck chairs. "I already saw d' bottle, so y' don' have t' play hide an' seek. Y'll probabally end up spillin' it." He glanced at the corner that was poking out still. "Not dat dere would be much t' lose, but still."

Bobby: "Wouldn't want that." He snorted, sitting up somewhat in the chair and propping the bottle against his thigh. "Out for a mornin' constitutional, eh, LeBeau?"

Remy: "Suppose." A corner of his mouth twitched. "Y' know d' worlds gone awry when I'm d' health nut an' y're d' one wit' a private party at dis time of d' day."

Remy: "So what's up? Dis about anythin' special?" He flicked his fingers towards the bottle. "If y're thinkin' about havin' a pool party y're a couple of months early."

Bobby: "Up? Not me." Bobby shifted and flicked the pocketknife in his closed fist, clicking the closed blade against the handle. "Everything's hunky-goddamn-dory."

Bobby: He cleared his throat, still staring at the surface of the water as it rippled in the slight breeze. "Hell of a birthday bash you guys threw the other day."

Remy: "Yeah. Cause sittin' out in d' cold drunk an' playin' with a knife would fit in d' 'hunky-dory' category." He watched Bobby fiddle with the knife. "Johnny's? Oui. Talia planned it out. Thank y' for comin'. I know y' got things about me, an' can't blame y' dere, but thanks for still comin' t' support Talia an' Johnny. Was real big of y' guys."

Bobby: Bobby rolled his head sideways to smirk at Remy at that. "Yeah. Well. It's not TJ and Johnny's fault." He walked the closed blade across his knuckles, as his grandfather had taught him so long ago. A least he still remembered that.

Remy: "Exactly. But things sometimes get mixed up...ah, y' know what d' hell I'm sayin'." He gave a nod. "So y' jus' out here doin' tricks wit' dat thing?" He was trying to keep things light but the truth was he found little resemblance of the Bobby in front of him now to the light hearted one he'd been only a short time back. Yet, it would be a bit gauche to start tossing out questions of if Bobby was planning on suiciding. Better to go around it. Expecially given the fact that Bobby could freeze his balls off.

Bobby: "I get mixed up, but not so much for that." Bobby picked up the bottle and sloshed the inch left, idly freezing it.

Bobby: "I’m not pissed at you," he paused to consider that. "Not really."

Remy: He was somewhat impressed that Bobby could freeze alcohol. He didn't know how cold you had to get it to do that, but he knew it was damn cold. What he said caught him off gaurd. "Y' ain't? Not dat I'm unhappy t' hear dat, but I was kinda under dat impression."

Bobby: "Okay, well, no, I am." He defrosted the alcohol and downed it, considering chucking the bottle into the pool. Something for him to fish back out later. "But not so much for the actual dealing. I’m pissed I couldn’t get the trick to work for myself."

Remy: He frowned, trying to understand what Bobby was saying. "What trick y' talkin' about Bobby?"

Bobby: "I was already a broken toy," he laughed humorlessly. Still are a broken toy. "Didn’t have anything to bargain with."

Remy: "Ahh. T' keep Lorna safe y' mean." He nodded. "I can really understand dat. I'm sorry dat...well I'm jus' sorry." The wind ruffled Bobby's hair again, almost like it was petting him in sympathy. "What d' y' mean by broken? D' stuff Essex did t' y'?"

Bobby: "How d'ya do it, LeBeau? Hold all the cards?" Bobby realized he wasn't making a lot of sense, but fuck it. "In the end, I guess I owe you a thank you for getting her back at all."

Remy: He couldn't help but wonder how full that bottle had been when Bobby'd started. Pretty, but the looks of things. "Gettin' who back?"

Bobby: "Lorna, of course." He snorted like Remy was retarded. "Maybe that brain surgery missed a little, eh?"

Remy: He cracked a grin at that. "Well what y' didn't have y' can't be missin', neh? But I didn't really help her out. I mean, I wish I could have, but I think it was Vic dat did it. So y' got me stumped here."

Bobby: "Well, at least you didn't blow her up." At that, he twisted in the chair to face Remy, studying those uncanny eyes of his. "At least, even with everything you did do, you didn't hurt her, or, anybody, from what I've heard. Got a better track record there than me."

Remy: He shrugged. "I couldn't hurt her. It don't matter if it ain't returned, but I still think of her an' everyone else as a friend." Things suddenly clicked for him and he blinked. "Y' mean y' jumpin' me? Is dis what its about?"

Bobby: "Well, yeah, there is that, I guess..." Bobby considered it as best he could. There was still a part of him that wanted somebody to pay, but he knew it was wrong. Everything wrong. 'Stop, please.' "No point in finishing the job now." He bared teeth. "Wouldn't be a fair fight anyway."

Remy: "I got why y' did. Though I'd appreciate not bein' made into a TV dinner, merci." He returned the smile, but in a softer more friendly way. "So dat still don't explain why y're shitfaced at 10:30 in d' mornin', Bobby. Y' looked out for Lorna best as y' could in dere - I watched y' with her. Even when she was rantin' y' were carin' for her best as y' could. Y've both been through a lot, an' I'm not expectin' it t' be like some sort of fairytale for y'all, but y' do have each other."

Bobby: "Yeah." Bobby looked down at the bottle still in his lap and closed his eyes, giving in to the alcohol still in his system. It wasn't nearly as much as Remy thought. Not at all. Another gift from Doc Feelgood. "For how long?"

Remy: His forehead bunched again, as he looked at Bobby seriously. "What d' y' mean? Y' guys been havin' problems? Or y' worried about y're health or hers?"

Bobby: Oh, he was so not talking to Remy LeBeau, love doctor. "She's okay, thank God. I owe that to Liz and Josh." Well, she was okay when she wasn't talking about chess in her sleep, or singing songs he had to Google... or when he wasn't disappointing her.

Bobby: He thought about her MySpace comment. She would be excited to be pregnant. Came back wrong, can't give her that. James Braddock could. Bobby flicked open the knife, watching it gleam in the morning light.

Remy: "So what is it den?" He watched with some concern as Bobby unfolded the knife. "Bobby..."

Bobby: "I’m not gonna do anything to you, so just chill." He snorted.

Remy: "Ain't me I'm worryin' about. Y' said already y' aren't out t' get me, an' I think it'd be a lot easier t' freeze me dan stick me wit' a knife, even if I've got dis cane. I've fought of people wit' dem before, injured an' a helluva lot younger dan I am now. I'm not afraid of y'. I'm more afraid for y'."

Bobby: "I'm afraid of me." Bobby looked back up at Remy. "Why didn't you try to control it? The power, I mean. Ya just went for the fuckin' quick fix, but those don't always work. The hell would you have done then?"

Remy: "Cause I coulda hurt people. Blew dem up like firecrackers." He shook his head, his mouth a grim line. "Y' wanna work on control wit' dat? It was all I could do t' hold it in. One mistake an'..."

Remy: "Maybe it was jus' d' drugs, but dere were times I felt like I could burn d' whole planet out wit' jus' a thought." He took a deep breath and looked Bobby in the eye. "If d' 'quick fix' didn't work, den I'd be dead, an' at least everyone else would be safe, non?"

Bobby: "Hurt?! What the hell you think I could do!" He quieted with a click of teeth, returning the eye contact. Burn the planet. "You too, huh? Ever think the world might just be better off without people like us then, Remy?"

Bobby: "You know what happened the day I die- got out? About half the state of Illinois experienced a freak cold front. Fucked up the weather patterns across four states. That's just because I wasn't paying attention."

Remy: "Sometimes, oui, I do think dat. Men weren't made t' be gods. An' wit' dat kinda power..." He shook his head. "I don' know what t' say t' y' Bobby. I know y' don' want t' hurt anyone or cause any trouble. But maybe y' have a better chance t' learn control, as y' said, cause y've had more time t' grow into it. But I'd be lookin' for a 'quick fix' before I'd be lookin' t' use dat knife. As much bad as y're powers could do - dey could also do a lot of good. Mine were jus' all about destroyin' things. Y'rs could help save things."

Bobby: "Good. Yeah. What, go hang at the North Pole with Santa and the reindeer?" He got up, wavering a little from the alcohol he hadn't cleared from his system earlier. He probably shouldn't be waving the knife though... "There is no such thing as a clean quick fix for shit like this, LeBeau. Don't fool yourself. It's still in you."

Remy: He felt a chill run down his back at that. "I jus' hope if it is, its broken enough." Leaning back he watched Bobby swaying. "An' what about if dere was a fire? Or a dam was gonna break?" He twiddled his fingers. "Presto. Instead of bein' a villian...y' could really help people Bobby. Save lives. Y' ain't a bad person."

Bobby: "Didn't say I was, but all I ever really wanted was to be a normal person. Or as close as I could be." Bobby clicked the knife closed and pocketed it, closing his eyes long enough to freeze the rest of the alcohol from his system. He needed a shower now, but... it had worked.

Bobby: "I'm sure I'll see you around, Rem," he said, straightening up and giving him a tight smile.

Remy: "Pretty hard not t'." he gave an answering smile. "Don' do anythin' stupid, alright? An' if y' need anythin'..." He wasn't even sure how to make that offer. "Jus', y' got people here dat would help y'."

Bobby: "Stupid?" Bobby cracked a grin. "You know me."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

ok, Roguey might have to beat sense into Bobby.

great job you two! good mix of tension and ...cant think of the word... tension and... damnit... tension and... depression? helpfulness? I dunno there's so many words that could work. I loved it.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Okay, that shouldn't have had me in as much stitches as it did but there were some *hilarious* lines in there. Hee!

:shifty
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Sheesh. Tessa might have to help Rogue beat some sense into the both of them.
Great instance, you two.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.