2/2 Instance: Patience

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/2 Instance: Patience

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after 'Melting Off' and 'Lor an' Bogey,' but before 'Girls, Interrupted,' if that makes any sense. ;)

Bobby: Bobby clicked the spoon against his teeth, lost in thought. Pretty much the second the ice cream was gone, Laura's attention span was too, and she had scampered off. He really hoped she would just forget all about what she had seen.

Lorna: Bobby hadn't been in their room like Lorna had hoped so she was trying to think of the most likely places for him to be. The rec room was Bobby free so Lorna figured the next best place would be the kitchen.

Lorna: Lorna grinned, feeling better than she had for a while now. The little run-in with Rogue had been weird and she was quite worried for her but the... 'assurance' she had gathered from her was wonderful.

Lorna: Lorna peeked inside. Bingo "Hey there, Sweetcheeks."

Bobby: Bobby jumped a little at the sudden voice, then grinned when he saw who it was. "Hey, Starshine!"

Lorna: "The spoon taste good?" Lorna asked as she came on into the kitchen and took the seat by him.

Bobby: "Yup!" He removed the utensil, but kept toying with it. "Well, it tastes a little tinny, but the ice cream was damn good." It was always the best and worst of times to see her for the last week, so he searched for a way to avoid talking at all. "I can get you some. Laura and I left plenty."

Lorna: "Ice cream is always welcome." Lorna nodded. It would be something to do while she considered how to breech the subject. Plus, ice cream was nice. Well, soon you'll fit into your old clothes at least.

Bobby: "Wicked." Bobby got up and went to the freezer to rummage for the container again. This shouldn't be weird. No reason to be awkward, except it was.

Lorna: Come on, Dane. You were brave for a while before. Have to at least try to get that back. "Ran into Rogue...well, actually she ran into me. Or rather, her hand ran into my ass."

Bobby: He nearly dropped her bowl, turning around to look at her. "O-oh?" Looking at her was bad though, because then he noticed the way her shirt fit. He forced his eyes back to her face.

Lorna: "Yeah." Lorna kept her chuckle to a minimum. "It's pretty weird being called Starshine by someone that isn't you."

Bobby: "Heh, I can imagine." Bobby went back to his task, closing his eyes for a moment. Sorry, Roguey. "I'm sorry, that had to be way weird, for her and you. How's she doing? Um, otherwise?"

Lorna: "She was okay, just a bit more of you before she snapped out of it." Lorna wondered how much of that story she should tell before she got what she wanted to say out. "It cleared some things up though."

Bobby: Bobby returned to the table, presenting her the bowl with a little flourish before he sat back down. "A bit more of me, huh?" He smiled, but it made him nervous. There was a lot of him right now he didn't want anyone seeing.

Bobby: With any luck, that would be better soon. His grin faded slightly though at her next words. Cleared up?

Lorna: Lorna grinned up at him though as she took her bowl of ice cream. Now was the awkward part she had been trying to figure out how to word while she was still looking for him. Lorna took a few minutes but couldn't really string anything good together.

Lorna: "I guess...I guess I wouldn't have really believed you still wanted me without it coming from a different source."

Bobby: "You... she... um..." Bobby closed his mouth, then opened it again, still not sure what was going to come out. The hell was she saying? She'd done what with Rogue? Holy shit, hot, but... huhwha? Wait, did this mean she was leaving him for Rogue? "H-how much of me was she?"

Lorna: Lorna looked at Bobby, confused as to why he seemed so confused. Something told her she had put her foot in her mouth somewhere along the line but she wasn't quite sure how. "Well, the things she said are the things you feel...right?" Great, what if I just got my hopes up? Thought for sure that's what was going on. Must have been fooling myself.

Bobby: Oh, shit. Secrets catching up to you, Drake. Should have told her. Didn't you learn that lesson before? "I don't know what she said, Dee," he said carefully. There were so many things Rogue could have said.

Lorna: O...kay Lorna was beginning to think that this conversation needed a map. She wasn't going to press Bobby for whatever he seemed to be holding back though. She had her own secrets, after all. "You still want me...really." You mean he isn't absolutely terrified of you.

Lorna: "I..." Okay, this was getting close to those secrets she wasn't really ready to talk about yet. Really should have planned this out better. "I'm just a little...insecure sometimes, you know? I was just saying that it was something I needed to hear."

Lorna: Now though I think I've got a whole new set of things to worry over.

Bobby: "Oh..." It was her expression that finally clued him in that she wasn't playing some complicated girly mindgame with him. Stupid. This was Lorna. "Of course I do."

Bobby: He looked down for a second, then met her eyes. "I guess I haven't given you a lot of reason to believe that, have I? I'm so sorry about ... all that. It wasn't you."

Lorna: "Wasn't either of us." Okay, the conversation's back on the right road now. Thank God. Lorna reached over and patted the back of his hand. "We're both pretty fucked up still but we shouldn't let that drive us apart, right?"

Bobby: "You're right." He caught her hand and squeezed it. Time to bite the bullet. "Dee, believe me, even when I'm being an idiot, I love you and I always want you. There's nothing the evil Dax you had in your head, or Doc Feelgood, or anybody, could do to me that would have changed how I feel about you."

Lorna: Lorna snorted into her ice cream at the evil Dax comment. "Oh that is what we're calling her for now on." Lorna recovered from the laugh and tried to go back to serious again. "It's the same for me too. I'll keep that in mind and you can keep that in mind when I'm being an idiot too."

Lorna: Lorna took a bite of her ice cream, remembering that it was there now. She was pretty sure the hard part of the conversation was over now so she might as well enjoy a treat.

Bobby: "I, uh... I'm sorry I've been all weird and avoidy." The last week had sucked. Trying to sneak to bed after she was asleep, waking up with her every morning but too scared to touch her. No wonder she'd been worried. He should have known better. "I was just scared."

Lorna: Scared, scared of you. Lorna swallowed the ice cream oddly and coughed a bit. "Scared?"

Bobby: "You okay?" Bobby patted her back. Shit, wasn't telling the truth supposed to be better? "I was afraid I might fuck up again..." He cleared his throat and stared at the table, just knowing he was turning red. Good choice of words. "Disappoint you."

Lorna: "I'm fine, I'm fine." Lorna smiled again and relaxed. He's not afraid of me, damnit. Not. Lorna wished she could convince herself of that better.

Lorna: "Bobby...you shouldn't worry about that. Really." Lorna squeezed his hand tighter. "I'm not sure you could make me really disappointed with you in the first place."

Lorna: Lorna felt herself start to smirk and glanced back up at Bobby's face. "And you know, it was just a fluke." I hope.

Bobby: "Yeah." If he could keep a lid on his fucking crazy it was a fluke. He had no idea yet if his little adventure with Laura had fixed anything, but so far...

Bobby: Bobby kissed the back of her hand and smiled, running his thumb across hers. "See, this is why I love you. Infinite patience."

Lorna: It's that or put up with yourself all the time alone. "Well I am pretty patient and you're pretty damned patient with me too."

Bobby: Bobby shrugged a shoulder. "Kinda goes with the love thing." Spending all that time patiently pretending to be asleep like a chicken had showed him one thing though... and it had been bugging him. "Hey, did you know you sing in your sleep?"

Lorna: Lorna had been about to laugh and agree on patience going with love but she was a bit gobsmacked at the singing. "I do? What do I sing?" Don't know any chess songs anyway.

Bobby: "Oh, you know you don't want me to sing it. Though, I kinda was humming it the other day and I tried Googling the bits I heard. 'Hey little bird, fly away home.' The only thing I've ever heard that in was about ladybugs, but that didn't make any sense."

Lorna: "Oooh, that." Lorna smiled. Okay, she could talk about that. It was still a little crazy but at least it wasn't too bad. "Tom Waits. After...when I was in isolation I would sing to to tune Malice out. She hated it."

Lorna: "Yeah, Jockey Full of Bourbon doesn't really make that much sense. I guess I must have thought it was appropriate or something."

Bobby: Smooth, Drake. "Heh, yeah, from the name I guess not. I'd rather keep the bourbon out of there." Okay, babbling didn't improve it. "I think there was a lot of singing going around in there. Maybe we should put together a musical." So, of course, keep babbling.

Lorna: Lorna laughed though. Everything was just so absurd it was hard not to. "Well, that might be something interesting to act the others if they're interested." Lorna's mouth quirked into a smirk. "And since you're so down on your singing maybe we can find you a tamborine or something."

Bobby: "I kind of always wanted to learn the harmonica." He matched her smirk, then laughed. "Or, I could play the cowbell."

Bobby: "You know, maybe we should just scrap the whole idea. Rae probably would smack me if I asked." Bobby tucked the song name away for later googling to see if it was about chess in some fucked up way.

Bobby: Her ice cream was melting, and it gave him an idea he liked much better right now. "Want to take that upstairs?" He cocked an eyebrow and grinned.

Lorna: Lorna noticed the shift in mood and cocked her eyebrow to match his. "Now that sounds like a nice idea." Lorna dipped her spoon into the melty ice cream and used it to dab a bit on his bottom lip, leaning in and licking it off. "Very nice idea."