2/3 Instance: Literally...first steps.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Remy: He finished buttoning up his shirt, and stood. He'd been practicing a bit here and there, but he was finally comfortable enough to try ditching the damn cane - at least up in their rooms. It would be nice. The vertigo had nearly stopped anyways, and McCoy had said things looked good, so hey. He made his way carefully into Johnny's room where he could hear her talking to him - probabally changing him and getting him dressed as well.

Talia: TJ buttoned the last on Johnny's outfit, before picking him up and giving him a kiss. "All cleaned up, sweetie!" she looked with disdain to the hamper with the soiled outfit. How do messes like that happen? She set him on the floor, looking up to see Remy coming in. "Hey! You're doing good! Feeling ok??"

Remy: "Feelin' great." He came up to her and wrapped his arms around her and gave her a kiss, before kneeling to do the same with Johnny. "Won't be long till I can get y' up an' we'll let y're maman sleep in, non?" He ruffled his son's hair.

Talia: "Sleep in? What is this sleep in?" she said, wrapping her arm around Remy. "It's not so bad getting up. I've liked taking care of you in all this." Johnny smiled and lifted his arms out to his father. "Papaaaa!"

Remy: He sat, folding his legs up and held his hands out, scooping Johnny up and swooping him around slightly, much to his giggling delight. "He's so big now. Won't be long till it's a real work out t' do dis."

Talia: "I know! You are such a big boy!" she said, giving him a little tickle as Remy set him down again. Johnny pulled himself up holding onto his father, and let go to stand for a few moments, before plopping back again. "He's getting better at that too."

Remy: "Oui. He's been tryin' a lot more too - before it was like he was a bit scared but he's gettin' more darin' now." he tickled his chin and then pulled him up into a stand by his hands, letting him balance while holding onto him.

Talia: Johnny wobbled a bit, but took a little step holding on to Remy's hands, then let go and fell back again making a little sound. He smacked his hands down with a frustrated noise, and TJ giggled. "You're getting there, baby! So close!" She moved her hair back out of her face, wishing it were long enough for a ponytail yet.

Remy: Remy picked him back up and sat him on his lap, cuddling him against his chest. "It won't be long...I'm not sure what we're gonna do when he gets a bit bigger. He's gonna be runnin' around an' playin' a lot more as he gets older."

Talia: "Yeah...well, I don't think we can stay in these rooms forever," she said. "Maybe we should really start looking for another place soon? You're graduating in a year anyway and all."

Remy: "Yeah, I think dat's probabally a good idea. I mean, things have settled down for me here - people've been pretty good at forgivin'...but we're gonna need somewhere t' be a family. Where would y' like t' be when we're done anyways?"

Talia: "You know....I wouldn't mind like..staying around here," she moved closer to him, playing with one of Johnny's hands. "Like, we kind of have something going here I feel like...and the school is good, like, having people like him to be able to be around. Maybe somewhere not too far. And...I can't imagine moving to Arizona or New Orleans and having it all settle well with our families, you know?"

Remy: "Like choosin'? Well, we'll have t' be in N'awleans some of d' time. Dere's jus' no way t' avoid dat wit' d' business an' all. But livin' here permenant? I mean...I guess I agree in a lot of ways. An' its easy enough t' catch flights whenever y' need t'. I guess it'd work."

Talia: "Yeah, I think. It's a nice place, you know?" she put her arm around him. "Get a house..with a yard...maybe a dog? Wold you like a dog, Johnny??"

Remy: "A dog?" He chuckled. "I suppose. I've never thought about havin' a pet, but dat might be good for him." Johnny grabbed at his hands again, and so he pulled him up as he took a few steps holding on to his fingers. Johnny grinned madly at TJ the whole time.

Talia: TJ moved away from them to face Johnny, just a few steps away. "Come on over to Mommy!" she said, moving to take his hands, but he let go of Remy and stood, shakily, watching her. TJ watched him, hovering over him in case he fell either way.

Remy: He kept his hands close but to the back and sides, ready to catch him. He grinned in delight as Johnny took a step towards his mother on his own, but he was quiet because he was worried about distracting him.

Talia: TJ sucked in a breath as Johnny took another step, then a third...fourth...before he fell to the side, and she caught him. "Oh my God! You walked!!!"

Remy: "Dat was so cool. Y' did so good!" He crowed to his son, beaming with pride. "Look at y' go! Y're gonna be runnin' everywhere soon."

Talia: She gave Johnny a big hug, then turned him around to face Remy. "Walk to Papa, angel!" She held his hands for a few steps, before he let go, standing for a moment, before putting on a wide smile and taking a few steps to Remy.

Remy: He caught him just before he wobbled and brought him in close for a hug. "Dis is so neat. Guess he's dat more independant, non? Guess it'll save on his knees a fair bit - an' he'll be able t' carry stuff."

Talia: TJ smiled as Johnny beamed at her, totally proud of himself. "This is so fantastic. But...damn! It's like, so much has happened with him in just a year! Walking already." She moved closer to them again. "You are such a big boy!! But now Mommy and Papa gotta rebabyproof i think.."

Remy: "Definately. I'm not quite sure what else we got though...I mean, we've already got stuff pretty much up. An' d' rest of dis house we jus' gotta watch...its hard t' expect everyone else t' rearrange stuff."

Talia: "Yeah, true," she bit her lip. "We gotta watch alot outside our rooms. All the stuff that like, just gets left around and all."

Remy: "Well, as y' said, it may be good t' look for a place of our own. Den we can jus' visit here." he sighed. "It'd be weird. But we're a family...an' as accomidatin' as dey've been here, its still not fair t' expect dis place t' be a daycare."

Talia: "You're right," Johnny stood and attempted a few steps again, but this time dropped quicker. "Oh, rest easy, angel! Did you tell Papa about your boat ride??!"

Remy: "Boat ride?" He glanced at her quiringly. "Where did y' do dat? In d' pool downstairs?"

Talia: "No! In the lake!" she told him. "Did you know they got rowboats? Tessa took me and Angel and Johnny on the lake, and we even went over to like, look at the boathouse. I didn't even know there was one."

Talia: "Or what a boathouse even is..."

Remy: He laughed. "Well dat's cool. I suppose dere's always things t' discover on dis property. dey have lifejackets an' stuff dere too? Maybe we could go an' do dat soon."

Talia: "Yeah, they got life jackets, but not really baby ones. The one I put on him was way big," she smiled. "You know how to row a boat? That was my first time in a boat ever. I never really done many water things."

Remy: "Well, I think I could manage it. An' we'll go buy him somethin' right away so he's safe in it." He scooted closer to her, and put his arm around her. "Guess dere are lots of things dat we can discover together as a family, non?"

Talia: Talia nodded, laying her head on his chest. Her family. "And we got lots of time to discover it all too."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

D'AWWWW! :') that was so awesome! YAY FOR JOHNNY!

Auntie Rogue wants to see it!
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

D'awwwwww! Johnny is just too cute! Great job at that, y'all.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.