2/15 Instance: Don't Fold

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline: Current

Josh: Josh rolled on his side and glanced at the clock. Frigging two-thirty. How had he slept that long!? He knew he'd set his alarm for ten. Slipping out from the covers, he stifled a yawn. Course, that's what happens when you stay up all night kicking ass at Yahoo chess. Which he'd suddenly grown interested in. Amazing the things that change when you don't have a girlfriend.

Rogue: Rogue stopped in front of Josh's door and gave it a good beating. She told Rachel she'd come talk to him. Who knows if Rae believed her or not. But here she was even if it was a bit later than planned.

Josh: Owww. Who the heck was banging on his door so... not early in the day? "Okay, okay, keep your pants on!" Josh forced himself out of bed and trudged over to open the door. "Yeah?"

Josh: It was Rogue. With that Look on her face. And Josh was wearing his PJs still. Suddenly he wished he'd gotten up in time for breakfast.

Rogue: "Rise an' shine?" Rogue arched an eyebrow as she looked over his pajamas. "Stay up late or just decide ta sleep f' an' extra long time?" She grinned at him to show him she was teasing. "Can Ah come in? Got somethin' Ah need ta talk to ya 'bout."

Josh: "A little of both," he said. Her smile reassured him a bit so he held the door open wider. "Sure. Place is kind of messy, sorry about that."

Rogue: Rogue shrugged on her way in, "Ain't no big deal, darlin'. How ya been doin'? With Rae leavin' an' all?"

Josh: Ahh, so that was it. "I saw her before she left. We talked." He needed busy work. Messy bed. Right. He started smoothing the sheets. "It sucks, but I don't blame her for leaving. Miss her plenty, but it's not like I can tell her that."

Rogue: Rogue resisted smacking him a good one on the back side of his head and calling him a damned fool. "Why cain't ya tell her, sugah?" She walked over and helped him smooth the sheets on the other side of the bed, pulling up the top sheet.

Josh: "I did, when we talked last. But I can't ask her to come back. I've messed up enough already, it'd be wrong of me to keep bothering her when she's trying to get her life straight." He found the teddy bear he'd had since preschool buried under the covers and quickly hid it behind his back. Couldn't tarnish his tough guy rep now - as if he had one.

Rogue: Rogue caught sight of the bear and smiled, "Special ta ya? Got me one too... Had him since Ah was 'bout two or three." She folded down the top of the sheet and pulled the comforter up. "Ya should call her. Ya love her. Tell her so."

Rogue: Rogue looked back up at him as she finished tugging on the covers. That was a bit more forthright than she had meant, but it worked.

Josh: Dangit, she saw. Josh plopped the bear hastily on his nightstand. "We each have one. Had one. Me and my brothers. Our names are stitched on their bottom paws." It felt strange admitting that. Rachel had never even seen that bear. He'd kept it in the closet until Justin's last letter, and then... well, it hadn't felt right to leave it shut up in there.

Josh: He blinked as she nudged him to call Rae. "How do you know I l-love her?" he asked, pouting a little. "And either way, it'd just stress her out. If we see each other again, it'll be as friends. That's the only way we can make it without hurting each other more."

Rogue: Rogue shook her head in disbelief. He was a bit dense wasn't he? "Ah know f' a few reasons. Tessa told Rae, who told me. It's written on ya face plain as day. An' when Ah mentioned it after she'd been taken, ya didn't say nothin' ta deny it. Ain't nothin' wrong in lovin' her, sugah. She needs it."

Rogue: She calmly fluffed his pillows and put them back down before she sat on his bed. "Ya know she was torn up 'bout y'all turnin' her down 'bout that second chance.."

Josh: Heat built up in Josh's face. "Don't mean anything," he mumbled, dropping down beside her. "I'm a walking collage of hormones, and she's a pretty girl." Damn, he hadn't meant for it to come out that way. Love was just such a big word.

Josh: He lifted his head guiltily. "Yeah. She was. But I was doing her a favor! She was all messed up from what those bastards did to her, she didn't need me as an extra problem."

Rogue: "Ever think that maybe she needed ya as part of her solution? Somethin' ta ground her? Let her know she was home? An' safe? That place... It was awful..." Rogue recounted on some of Bobby's memories that hadn't faded yet, "Ah'm bettin' yall that she wanted ya ta help her through it."

Josh: Josh looked at her openly. He was sick of saying it all didn't hurt. Wasn't like he'd done a particularly great job at it anyway. "That may be what she wanted, but it wouldn't have been what she got. I'd just make it worse for her. She's much safer relying on you, or Lizzie..." He trailed off. Lizzie. She sort of had her own problems, didn't she. "I just mean, I don't have the best track record for reliability. How do I know I wouldn't just make things worse?"

Rogue: "But how do you know that ya would? Which is mah point. Ya don't." Rogue took a breath and said a small prayer that Rachel wouldn't get mad at her. "Ah'm gonna be real honest with ya, Josh. She did need yall. Does need y'all. She loves ya. She wants ya ta be there f' her. Not pushing her away."

Josh: He shook his head. "She doesn't love me. I haven't given her any reason to. I know I'd mess things up because I did it before, didn't I? For pete's sake, Rogue, I'm trying to protect her!"

Josh: He got up and paced across the room, then landed on a kick on the side of Sean's bed. "She doesn't need my crap piled on top of her own."

Rogue: Rogue frowned at him, "Don't try ta protect her! She does a good job of it on her own. An' what she cain't do, Ah seem ta do anyhow. Me or Liz. So y'all just need ta be there f' her. Liz an' Ah cain't hold her an' make her feel safe and loved. But you?" Rogue stood and walked over, taking his shoulders and turning him towards her, "You can. 'Cause she does love you. Whether y'all wanna believe it or not."

Josh: "But it doesn't make sense," he protested, voice cracking. He couldn't lift his head to meet her eyes. "She doesn't have any reason to love me."

Rogue: "Don't have much choice how ya feel. She won't tell ya herself, so Ah told her Ah'd tell ya. Doubt she beleived me. But learn this lesson quick, darlin'. Lyin' is not a forte of mine." She smiled softly at him, "So ya fucked up a couple times. Who doesn't? Don't ya beleive in second chances?"

Josh: He actually laughed a little. "Sure, but not third, or fourth." But he suddenly felt a faint spark of hope. He both loved it and resented it, but there it was. If she did love him... maybe there was still time.

Rogue: "Ya only dated once. Right? Therefore, ya get a second chance." She moved her head to look him in the eyes, "So, ya gonna call tha girl or what? Ah ain't up ta playin' match maker f' y'all today."

Josh: The blood drained from his face, turning his skin the color of Boston cream. "Call her? I mean I was gonna... but say what? 'I love you, drop everything and come back to me'? Yeah, she'll go for that," he sighed.

Rogue: "Well no. Don't say that, obviously. But ya gotta do somethin', Josh. Ya cain't just sit on ya ass an' hope this feelin' goes away. Ah'm gonna tell ya tha same thing Ah told her. What risk in life is there worth takin' besides one f' love? Ya got yaself a good hand, sugah. So there were a couple cards ya hade ta trade. Doesn't mean ya should fold."

Josh: A small smile crossed his face. "You make a persuasive argument, girl. Ever considered a career in politics? Better yet, psychology? I know a bunch of shrinks who could learn a thing or two from you about lounge-side manner."

Rogue: Rogue couldn't help but laugh, "Politics, no. Been told Ah should be a counselor though. But if Ah got a degree, no one would wanna talk ta me," she winked at him, "seein' as how most people are 'too macho' ta go talk ta a regular psychiatrist. So that's what Ah'm here f'. Just a normal person...Kinda... Who has good advice."

Josh: "You sayin' I ain't macho?" Josh quipped. "Normal people who give good advice are what lunkheads like me need. People'll talk to you. You're personable." He grinned at her. "Okay, okay, I'll call Rae. I will."

Rogue: Rogue gave a sharp nod and a pleased smile, "Good. Now then, get dressed an' maybe take a shower... Not nesicarilly in that order... Anyhow, it'll wake ya up some an' give ya time ta think 'bout what ta say ta her." She gave Josh a hug, "It'll go fine. An' if she gets upset, just keep tellin' yaself that it's worth tha risk. 'K?"

Josh: He returned the hug, squeezing a little and hoping his gratitude transmitted to her. "Yeah. I'll get on all that. Not necessarily in that order. Now get out of my hair." He gave her rear a light smack, followed by a blinding grin.

Rogue: She flicked him on the ear as she pulled back, "Watch it," she winked at him and turned to walk towards the door. "Good luck, sugah. Ah'm rootin' f' ya."

Josh: "Thanks. I'll need it." Boy, would he ever. Rogue's advice may be sound, but mustering the courage to follow it? Not so easy. But he had to try.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:spidey sez:

"hey josh...don't be afraid
you were meant to....
go out and get her...."

:love 'd it! HONESTLY! good job!

[Edited on 16/2/08 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

so much love for Rogue. :D ...and Josh, but I figured that was a given. :P
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Originally posted by Ult_Sm86
:spidey sez:

"hey josh...don't be afraid
you were meant to....
go out and get her...."
ATU!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young