Julie Power

LIGHTSPEED

Name: Julie Power

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Strawberry Blond

Relations
Father: James Power
Brothers: John Power (Mutant)
Sister: Katie Power (Non-Mutant, though there was a temporary time when it was believed she was)

Mother: Margaret Power -- Deceased

Abilities: Lightspeed can fly at high (supersonic) speeds, leaving behind her a rainbow-like trail, which has a delay and can be used as a cushion should she be knocked back. She is also capable of standing on the rainbow trail and using it to temporarily block or box-in enemies. She has the capability of using her rainbows as force fields, and potential for energy blasts and gravity control. She also has a remarkable subconscious healing.

Apparently Julie somehow generates energy that gives her great forward thrust enabling her to rise from the ground and move through the air at rapid speed. While flying she generates a protective aura around her that protects her from air friction, small bullets, and birds. She has superhuman stamina and reflexes.

Because of her hyperactive speed, she also has hyperactive brain activity and even hyperactive metabolism. She runs on a different speed than everyone else and uses marijuana and other known sedatives to slow herself down. Her brain sometimes moves faster than she can talk and sometimes she says the wrong word. This mostly happens when she starts to have a sugar-crash.

Story: Julie grew up as the eldest daughter of Dr. James Powers, a physicist who dedicated his life to his work. Her mother died in a car accident when she was only 7 and she has had a hard time, ever since, dealing with this within the family. She made a promise to her father she would get into colleges after graduation, but then her mutation manifested, and she became afraid to try-out for scholarships (she was a Track & Field star). She earned Poetry Scholarships instead and changed her major to Liberal Arts, something that did not require her to move. Her father did not approve and berated her for her decision, not understanding why she was doing. He had no idea she was a mutant.

Angry at her father, Julie ran away from her Upstate New York house and lived on the streets for about a year. She used her powers as little as possible, the rainbow streak behind her didn't make for a very inconspicuous gust of wind. However, she did what she could to survive in New York City until one day...

[Edited on 10/5/10 by Ult_Sm86]

R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Julie "Jet" Power - Lightspeed

Post by puppygirl » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:54 am

... Oh the fun :warlock will have with this one ... :eeevil

Also ... "DEEPSTHGIL"?

[Edited on 10/1/2010 by puppygirl]
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:56 am

LOL It came up backwards. Took me like ten minutes to change it.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial

Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:50 am

hey was she also a power pack kid?
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)

Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:52 am

here is a pic of the new julie power
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:07 am

THat's it! Thank you Kriec! Yes she is a PowerPack gal, nice call!