Idie Davis [Oya]
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:10 pm
Play-by: Jasika Nicole
Name: Idie (pronounced 'Ih-dyay') Davis (formerly Okonkwo)
Alias: Oya (pronounced 'Aw-yah')
Birthday: June 8th 1997 (aged 19 in summer 2016)
Eyes: Blue, (right eye); Orange (left eye)
Build: Medium build
Nationality: Naturalized American; Nigerian
Place of Residence: Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California
Known Relatives: Parents unknown (deceased); Adoptive parents: Anita and Barry Davis
Parents' Professions: Anita Davis, Chef; Barry Davis, Lawyer
Thermokinesis: Idie has the ability to alter temperatures around her. However, she cannot simply create heat and cold; she can only rechannel temperature (which basically means to generate fire, she'll make ice somewhere else). These temperature manipulation powers results in:
- Pyrokinesis: capable of generating flames from thin air, not requiring the consumption of oxygen or combustible objects to maintain the flames.
- Cryokinesis: able to reduce the kinetic energy of atoms and thus reduce temperature, often used to generate ice.
- Kite Surfing: On water or land, Idie loves to kite surf in her spare time and has done for a few years now, getting quite good at it.
- Horse Riding: Reluctant at first, Idie now enjoys riding - jumping especially - but refuses to do it competitively.
- Pianist: Reasonably good on the piano, she has been playing since age nine.
- Idie cannot create heat or cold. She has to take it from somewhere else. If she needs to create fire, she will draw the heat from another place - simultaneously creating ice - and visa versa.
- Idie is claustrophobic.
Orphaned at a young age, Idie was raised in an orphanage in Nigeria until seven years old whereupon she was adopted by a wealthy American couple and taken back to the states. Growing up as the only child of a couple that liked to spoil her, Idie has wanted for nothing. But, with vague memories of her early childhood she still appreciates the value of everything she has been given and doesn't take it fore granted.
Personality wise, Idie is fairly easy going, confident, and likes to have a good time. She likes parties and is happy to get up and dance if the occasion calls for it.
Her confidence took a knock when she discovered she was a mutant but her parents seem to be okay with it and it, despite a few accidents, hasn't really dampened her high spirits.
Idie's field name is labelled after the Yorùbá deity Oya (Pronounced "Aw-Yah") who is the Òrìshà of the wind and all standing water bodies.
Idie owns a female ruby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel called 'Pickle'.
Idie loves to sing (fortunately she can carry a tune).
Favourite Colour: Purple
Favourite Music: Anything with a good beat
Favourite Book: The Wind in the Willows
Favourite Movie: Pretty much everything that falls into the RomCom category
Favourite Animal: Pickle!
Favourite Food: Chicken