Megan Elizabeth Gwynn

Alias: Pixie

Other names: None

DOB: 1/29/88

Height: 5' 0''

Hair Colour: Red

Eye Colour: Black

Nationality: American (Virginia)

Abilities: Posses butterfly wings and can cause hallucination with her pixie dust

Skills: nothing she considers special.

Known Relatives:
Mary Gwynn - Mother
Edward Gwynn - Father
Samuel Gwynn – Older brother
Assorted Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and grandparents on her father's side (but her family isn't close)

You see that house over there? The little farm home that's more of a quaint place to live then to raise cattle? That's my home, the second place I've ever lived. We had to move there After.

Now, don't go trying to peak into the windows. You won't find my room. I'm down in the root celler, that's where I live. I've been there ever since After began. I'm the dirty secret of my family.

My name is Megan Gwynn, but everyone calls me Pixie. Ok, only my Daddy does. Mom calls me a freak and my older brother, Sammy, he ignores that I exist.

It wasn't always like that. My Daddy, I love him to pieces. He's a war vet, stuck at home on disability. He's a bit gruff around the edges, but he loves me. Mom is a nurse. She's always working, never had any time for me. I guess you can say that I spent most of my life loving my daddy, but wanting to impress mom.

Sammy, my brother, used to be my best friend. He taught me how to throw a football and used to let me tag a long with him and his friends. I was a bit of a tomboy.

Then, I hit 14 and God pissed on my daisies. I woke up one morning with a horrible back pain. Next thing I knew, I had butterfly wings bursting from my back. They made a mess and I was out of comission for a bit. When I came to, we were moving. I couldn't go to school any more, I was a freak.

That was when we moved to the farmhouse. Mom found it and it had a root celler. Perfect for hiding me. It was out in the middle of no where, so we didn't have to worry about anyone seeing me.

Daddy stayed home and he'd come down and talk to me. He had a tv set up in my room so we could still watch sports every Sunday. Sammy tried to accept me, but then I had to go and ruin it.

See, we were arguing over my new wings. Sammy wanted to see if they were really attatched to my body. It hurt when he pulled on them, but he kept on going. So, I turned around and felt my hands fill with this dusty substance. Not knowing what I was doing, I blew the substance into his face.

Poor Sammy spent the next hour curled up in a corner, whimpering about being attacked by teddy bears. Needless to say, I never tried that again.

Daddy was the only one who cared. Sometimes, at night, he'd sneak me out so I could go flying. He always told me I was special and that he loved me. I think he felt that if he didn't, no one would.

I thought I was going to have to live my whole life in that root celler. Mom and Daddy started fighting about what to do with me. Daddy said I was special, Mom wanted to sell me to science. I hate it when they fight. It scares me.

Then, one day, Daddy came downstairs with a lettter in his hand. It was from someplace called Xavier University.

"Have you been mailing out letters, Pixie," Daddy asked.

"No, Daddy."

Daddy set the letter in front of me. It had been opened.

"Your mom opened it. She wanted to see who would be sending you mail," Daddy explained.

I read the letter. I had been accepted to a college I never applied for. Heck, I hadn't even finished school! No one knew I existed any more.

Daddy sighed. "Your mom thinks that this might be best for you. All expenses paid and all. Maybe, this is a place where you can be cured."

"You think so?"

"Maybe. They know about you," Daddy said and smiled. "Just think, Pixie. If you're cured, you can attend your brother's wedding. You'll have a normal life."

"I thought you liked my wings."

"I do, but I also want my little girl to have a full life. I want to walk you down the aisle some day, Pixie."

I grinned. "I'd want that too."

Daddy stood up and ruffled my hair and gave my wing a tug. "I'll contact this Xavier guy and get your transportation set up."

I watched him go and reread the letter. We pride ourselves in being able to provide a well rounded education for unique young people such as yourself and that we are able to support you through what must be a strange new beginning in your life.

Yeah, this sounded good.

Let me know if I need to change anything, add anything.

[Edited on 20/12/07 by Amamelina]
I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm is never glum. Cause how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum!