01/13 Instance: Bowl of Icecream, STAT!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timelined after Saintly Ethics

Anna: Anna coiled her form up tight and safe inside the (now)empty box in the supply cupboard. Her clothing lay in a pile on the floor along with the textbook Scott had given her. It's bright orange cover offended her. It looked too happy. She shoved a box of gloves off the shelf with her teke to hide the book from her sight and withdrew back into the box she'd chosen as a hide.

Wade: Wade was singing a song as he stepped into the medlab, in search of the cute one, not the sick ones. "Who can it beeee now, na na na naaa na, who can it beee now, na na na naaa na," etc. He was carrying two big bowls of icecream as he steeped around the room.

Anna: Anna was vaguely aware of the muffled voice from the other room, she pulled her form as deep into the box as she could, becoming an almost tangible mist. Her earlier shove had upset the balance of a few other items on the shelf however and they soon joined the gloves on the floor. Anna hoped that bang hadn't been too loud.

Wade: "WHO CAN IT BEEE NOW!" Wade's singing somehow just intensified with the drumming going on. Hey. Hey! HEY! That's not drumming! "It's not?" he stopped singign and looked around. "Anna, come out come out wherever you are!"

Anna: Anna thought she recognised the voice but she wasn't sure. She was scared... She hadn't meant to shout it, only think it. But her fear was making her control difficult.

Wade: Wade blinked, "Oh, oh, I know this game! Marco!" he called.

Anna: Anna uncoiled a little, the voice was closer... Her mental voice was quieter now, timid.

Wade: Wade looked around again, "You know this might go easier if the voice isn't inside my head. Marco!" he said again.

Anna: She snaked an experimental tendril over to the door of the cupboard, towards the crack of light at the bottom. At least he was alone. She retreated back to her box.

Wade: Another blink and Wade stepped over to where she said. "far be it from me to ask this, but if you're in the closet, do you want to come out, or would you like to stay in the closet? Just asking, because this might come up again later in the relationship."

Anna: came the reply. She unlocked the door for him though,

Wade: Wade opened the door a little bit wider with his foot and scootched in. "It's a bit misty in here." he said. "I got icesream." he said holding up the bowl.

Anna: Anna told him, pulling her form back over to her box but hovering above it, ready to dart back in there at a moment's notice. But now there was icecream. she now had to decide what to do about this.

Wade: Wade put her bowl down as he sat. Then swirled his icecream a bit and licked the spoon, "Mmm, because it IS nice. Creamy, sweet, bits of nuts, sprinkkles of choclate, little bit of chocolate fudge sauce. So nice."

Anna: So very tempting.... She moved down to inspect the bowl then gave the door a shove with her teke to close it. Better. She moved into her clothing and reformed, pulling her bowl to her and giving Wade a kiss on the cheek as she did so. "You came all the way down here just to give me icecream?"

Wade: Wade snorted, "No, of course not. Came down to give you a kiss. The icecreams just to bribe you for it." Wade said, sticking another spoonful into his mouth.

Anna: Anna grinned, "You don't need to bribe me for kisses... though it helps..." She poked her tongue out and ate some icecream. "Mmmm yummy...." Definately worth being solid for. "I'm glad it was you...." She said quietly.

Wade: "Me too," Wade said between spoonlickings, "Would really hate it if you were kissing another guy."

Anna: Anna giggled, "I'd never do that... especially not down here..." wow that was an odd thought, "Slim pickings. Two sick guys, the Doc and the mean one... not much of a choice. I'd pick you over any of them any day. Even if they had icecream and cookies." Distraction was good. Wade was a good distraction. As was icecream.

Wade: "Hmm, I don't know, the idea of cookies and icecream is really strong, even I won't resist a geriatric pediatrician who's a bit too grabby with his big hands." Wade said.

Anna: Anna giggle again, "Do I need to be worried that our twinkie-obsessed doctor is going to steal you away from me?" She looked at him, her green eyes large and full of mock-distress.

Wade: "Only if he's got the cookies and icecream to do it. But you can just distract him with his own box of twinkies, kidnap me, and wait until Stockholm syndrome kicks in gear, and I'm back with you!"

Anna: Anna laughed and leaned forwards to give him a hug, "I like you, you distract me good." She kised him on the cheek again, "Thank you."

Wade: "You missed my lips by that much" He said holding up a finger and thumb on one hand. "Wanna try again?" he asked, eating another spoon of icecream, getting some of it on his lips as well.

Anna: "Oooh icecream!" Anna abandoned her bowl in favour of helping Wade finish his. She liked the icecream off then kissed him properly.

Wade: Wade smiled when she licked and then they kissed, only breaking when a spoon of icecream was hovering near Their mouths. Not really hovering seeing that Wade was holding it, but you get the picture. "I think this is called Seven minutes in Heaven. You know, kissing in the closet. Cucboard. Small space."

Anna: Anna grinned, finding her own bowl during the pause and stuffing in another mouthful of icecream. "Does that mean we only get seven minutes in here? Wow that's not a lot...."

Wade: "Well I'm perfectly fine to make it seventeen or maybe even seventy minutes. I'm sure we could come up with stuff to keep us busy. There's eye spy, and twenty questions, and I know this one game where you got to name a city and animal and vegetable or fruit and a person's name as you go down the alphabet."

Anna: "Oooh that sounds like fun...." And she wouldn't have to see Scott if she was hiding in the closet. Buuuuuuuut.... that was the coward's way out. "However... I think I should be brave...."

Wade: "Nah, stay in the closet, when it gets all dark and spooky, we can start swapping ghost stories." He suggested.

Anna: "It'll never get scary... not in here...." Anna told him, "I like small enclosed spaces. The smaller the better...." she crossed her legs, "Been spending a lot of time in smaller spaces than this lately." She wondered if she should tell Wade how bad it was, or if he'd noticed. He probably had noticed but he wasn't the type to make anything of it. She was glad of that most of the time.

Wade: "Oh I'm sure I'll figure out a way to make it scary in here. What whould I try first, insects? Insects tend to scare girls." Wade said.

Anna: "I like insects... they're cool...." Anna smiled at him, "There's not much that can scare me, Wade. Not in here anyway...." She was starting to feel quite at home in that cupboard. Almost as at home as she felt in the box Rachel had given her.

Wade: "What about a stick of dynamite? High explosives tend to scare people quite a lot lately." Wade added.

Anna: "Can't hurt me in my gas form...." Anna remembered Teagan trying to light it the previous year and giggled. She missed Teagan, it had been fun testing the limits of her healing on the walking corpse.

Wade: "....what about vacuum cleaners, you get nervous around vacuum cleaners? Big hoovers or those handhelds that can be hidden away in very big pants pockets?"

Anna: "Er... only nervous if I'm in my other form..." She shivered a little remembering the vortexes in the DR. "Teke not so good in that form...."

Wade: Wade was running on empty as he scraped the bottom of his bowl. "So no go on the vacuums when able bodied. My icescream's gone. I'm sad."

Anna: "Awww... we'll have to find some more..." Anna looked into her own empty bowl. That meant leaving the cupboard. She looked over at the stuff she'd knocked off the shelves then got up to tidy it away.

Wade: "Hurray, more glucose for me! Sugar is A O K in my book." Wade said, standing up and leaning against the door, the only place without shelving.

Anna: "Sugar is indeed excellent." She agreed, picking up the final box of gloves, "Hmm... Wade?" she looked over her shoulder, "I think you missed the testing the other day? Did you come down on your own later or did you forget?"

Wade: "Testing? We had a test? The semester's just starting, how can we have tests already?" He asked

Anna: "Not an academic test, Wade, don't worry." she smiled at him, "Medical test - for that virus that's going round... just to be on the safe side, you know?" She eyed the gloves again, "If you want I can do that now, then we can get icecream and cookies." She wanted both now.

Wade: "There's a virus going around? I just thought people were playing hookie." Wade thought out loud.

Anna: "If only..." Anna replied a little sadly, feeling another painful stab of guilt over Monet. "Fancy letting me play nurse for a bit and getting a sample from you for the Twinkie-hoarder?"

Wade: "Oh do I ever! Which artery you wanna fish blood out of," he asked holding both arms up at her, "Your pick. we can do both if you want, half and half."

Anna: Anna giggled, "Lets go into the lab and we can see which one looks juciest." She picked up a pair of gloves and pulled them on. Leaving the offensive book laying on the floor. No time for that now.

Wade: "Perfect" he said, still leaning on to the door as he turned the handle. He landed on his back. "How about head trauma, can you get blood from a head wound?" He asked, rubbing his head. No blood though.

Anna: Anna laughed, "Aww Wadey you should be more careful..." She gave him a quick kiss then scooted over to an examination table and patted it, signalling for him to take a seat.

Wade: A couple bounds and then he was in the seat next to her, "Left or right? Let or right?"

Anna: Anna inspected her choices, "Left." She said decisively. She used her teke to pull a kit over to her. She loved teke sometimes. "Think you can sit still long enough?"

Wade: "Yes we can!" he said truimphantly and slapped his arm down, vein side up. "Show me your best shot."

Anna: Anna grinned, putting a strap on the top of his arm and swabbing the selected area before sticking a needle in to take her specified three vials of blood.

Wade: "Redrum, redrum, redrum, think I'll run out of blood seeing that I have a healing factor?" He asked as he watched the blood fill the vial.

Anna: "Um... I don't know...?" Anna wrinkled her nose a little, "I hope not, that'd be weird.... you'd be all wrinkly....." She took the last vial and pulled the needle out, then removed the stap. "And you're all done."

Wade: "Huh, I expected more stabbing. It was really anti-climactic, can't you be more scary nurse than adorable nurse?" he asked.

Anna: "I think Selene has that post filled already...." Anna hadn't missed the other girls piercing experiments. She labelled up the vials, "Just gonna give these to McCoy, then we can go and grab a sugar hit." She smiled at Wade over her shoulder.

Wade: "And I shall be waiting right here!" he said, standing up. "Or maybe here." he said, stepping closer to the door.

Anna: Anna giggled and hurried over to McCoy's office. She raised a hand to knock on the partially open door then saw he'd fallen asleep on his paperwork and thought better of it. Poor guy. He was working too hard. She used her teke to put the vials carefully in the rack ready for him to investigate when he woke up then pulled the door closed.

Anna: "Come on then..." she hurried back to Wade, slipping an arm around his waist. She'd decided to leave the book where it was. Stupid Book. Stupid Scott. Stupid Virus. Wade was better.
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

Awww - Wade is sweet. Strange, but sweet.
:hepz :kitty
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Charmed by the two innocent crazies. Pleasant reading.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."