1/13 Instance: Twinkies Make Everything Better

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline same day as Batty.

Julie: "No! Needles!" she screeched running down the halls of Xavier's, her rainbow trail blazing brightly. "No! NooOoOooOOooO!"

Raya: Raya leaned her head back over the arm of the chair she was splayed sideways in, trilby pulled down over her eyes to shade them. The music--slow blues--pulsed through her earphones, blocking out any other noise, thankfully. She was thoroughly not going to be bothered by the normal sounds of screeching, really.

Anna: Anna followed the rainbow trail through the school, glad for her ability to make herself lighter or she'd be really tired by now. "Julie!" she yelled after the girl, "It won't hurt I promise! And I'll heal you right up!"

Julie: "Needles. Suck." She stamped. "Don't touch me! Gah!" She cried.

Raya: She rolled her eyes at the stomp that she could feel through the floor, getting to her feet to follow the voices. "What is going on out here?"

Anna: Julie had stopped running. Anna grabbed hold of this advantage with both hands. Well... Her teke. Julie was now a foot or so from the floor. "Testing is mandatory." Anna reminded the new girl, "It could save your life. Now, as I was trying to tell you before you legged it - I can help you with the anxiety."

Julie: Needles don't help! She shrieked in her mind. "Needles! No! They hurt, and they sting, and they're not safe! They spread disease, and pain, and misfortune." She looked to the new girl who had jus appeared. "O hey! My name's Julie! Who're you?"

Raya: "Quit screaming, she's not going to hurt you, for god's sake," Raya looked up at the girl Anna held above the floor. "And I'm Raya. But while I'm here, why are you attempting to get her with a needle?"

Anna: "Mandatory testing for the virus." Anna told Raya, frowning a little at Julie, "I think there's more to her fear of needles than just fear of pain..." she sighed, "Julie. I have no needle right now. Will you promise not to run if I put you down?"

Julie: "I can promise if you put me down I won't run too far." She said happily. "Look, I need to know what this Virus is. Why am I being tested for something I've never heard of? I come to a school and they test me for a Virus I've never heard of!"

Julie: "I'm not a fan of that!" She bawled.

Raya: "It's something that will kill you," Raya explained, shortly. "Now, you can assume you don't have it, refuse the test, and die a surprisingly slow and agonizing death, or you can suck it up and get stuck with the needle and save yourself the hassle."

Anna: "Er... thank you Raya..." Little harsh maybe.... she looked up at Julie again, "Julie, I'm a healer - that's my main mutation. If you let me I can use my powers to stop you feeling so anxious while I take the sample. I promise you, having blood taken won't do you any harm - all our equipment is sterilised and in packets we don't open before we're ready to use them."

Julie: "There's no cussin' way I have a virus, when I've never even been around mutants until when I bumped into Pietro and them!" She looked to Raya with a raised eyebrow. "You weren't there, right? No. You weren't. I'd remember. You're really pretty. By the way you're really pretty, I like your outfit." She flashed a smile.

Julie: "You want to test me.... You're gonna have to knock me out!" She cried a little harder this time. It was taking up so much energy to be this scared and sad.

Raya: "That can certainly be arranged if you prefer it to being awake, I'm sure." Raya looked down at her clothes at the comment. "Thank you. Why don't you calm down? Look, I'll even let her do me so you can see it doesn't hurt at all, if that will make you stop yelling."

Anna: Anna sighed a little, "I'm not going to hurt you, Julie, I promise." She chewed her lip, the bright orange cover of that book weaving it's way into her mind. She pushed it out. Ethics were hard to apply to real life. Can't be perfect all the time. "But I will employ drastic measures if you really can't calm down."

Julie: Julie's eyes widened. She pointed to Raya. "Her! Stick her! I wanna see, stick her!"

Raya: "Fine." Raya rolled her sleeve up so it was clear of the crook of her elbow, holding her arm out to Anna. "Go for it."

Anna: Anna lowered Julie to the floor and sighed a little, "Okay, wait right here, I won't be long - have to go get the kit." She hurried off down the hall to where she'd left it when Julie had bolted.

Julie: Julie looked to Raya. "Take my hand...." She whispered, extending it. "I can have us in Reno in no time. Or at the Mexican border. No virus there!"

Raya: "No," she said simply, waiting for Anna to come back with the kit. "Trust me, the virus will spread to wherever mutants are. And I'm pretty sure they're everywhere."

Anna: Anna came back around the corner with her kit, "Won't take long," she smiled at Raya, gesturing to the recroom door, "Might want to sit down though."

Julie: She sighed and looked at Raya prepare to get stuck. "I'm really unsure about this...."

Raya: "All you're doing is watching what she does with me." Raya turned, and took off the bracelet on one wrist as she sat back in the chair she'd gotten out of, still holding her arm out. "It can't hurt you, really. It's only a needle, it's not going to hurt."

Anna: "That's right." Anna smiled at Raya, tying off the top of the girls arm then pulling on her gloves and swabbing the area for the needle. "Doesn't take that long. Three vials of the red stuff then you're free to go... with a twinkie." She put the cake on Raya's lap then picked up the needle.

Julie: "Bwuuuuhh?" Her eyes nearly popped out of her head. She held her arm out, smacking the inside of it, like a heroin addict searching for a vein. "Hit me! Momma needs her Twinkie! One more hit!" She loved Twinkies. "Better not be no Ho-Ho though! I loathe Ho-Ho's!"

Raya: "It's a Twinkie, look at the wrapper," Raya said, patiently watching Anna take blood.

Anna: Anna giggled a little at Julie's reaction to the mention of the Twinkie. "Oh I see how it is..." she shook her head. Finishing up taking Raya's blood, she held a clean swab to the small wound and removed the strap she'd used to tie off the arm. She labelled the vials and took off her gloves. "And that's all there is to it. Think you can handle that?" she asked Julie.

Julie: "Mebbeh." She said, mouth full of twinkies.

Raya: "Well that was easy. Bribery," Raya said, shaking her head and holding the swab to the inside of her elbow. "Here, take mine too. Extra incentive."

Anna: Anna nodded, "Yeah, maybe I should write free twinkies on the bottom of that notice to see if we can entice the other scaredy cats down to the lab." She picked up another pair of gloves, "You okay with me taking a sample now?" She asked Julie, "If you're still feeling anxious, I can help you with that...."

Julie: She inhaled Raya's Twinkie. "Huh-wha?" She put her arm out. "Do it. More Twinkie. Mmmmm...."

Anna: Anna smiled and pulled the gloves on, preparing Julie's arm for the sample taking. "Definately thinking twinkies were a good move there..." She put the needle in and popped a vial on the end.

Julie: "Owwww!" She punched Anna in the face. "What the hell!?"

Anna: Anna exploded. Pain not good.

Julie: "Ow!" She said. "Take the blooood, take it!" She closed her eyes and sat on her punching-hand.

Raya: "Hey! Calm down," Raya took a firm grip on Julie's wrist. "No hitting people. Try to act like you're a little more in control, hm?"

Anna: Anna's form swirled, condensing a little over her clothing,

Julie: She sighed.

Anna: Anna levitated one out of the box towards Julie with her teke, then drifted her form back down towards her clothing, there could have been a significant incident there, that was for sure.

Julie: Julie snatched it and ate it quickly, closing her eyes. She was so happy. MmmMmm. "Okay." She looked to Raya with a sedated expression, smiling.

Raya: Raya only watched them idly, turning back to the novel she'd set down, Jekyll and Hyde, when Julie smiled. "I think you need more twinkies, Anna."

Anna: "Yeah I'm inclined to agree right now..." She twitched her nose a little, then picked up another vial to try again after pulling on another pair of gloves. "Going now..." she told Julie, "No more hitting."

Julie: She licked her fingers. "No hitting." She said happily.

Anna: Anna put the vial onto the end of the needle, taking sample number two and bracing herself incase Julie lashed out again.

Julie: Julie's legs twisted around eachother, and she bit her lip, hard. "Nyeeeeeerrrr...." She looked at Anna, eyes wide. "I... think I'm gonna pee my pants. How much more?"

Anna: "One more vial...." She stuck another one on the end, waiting for it to fill, when it was done she put a clean swab over Julie's wound and removed the strap from her arm. "There. Wasn't so bad now, was it?"

Julie: Julie contemplated hitting Anna just for saying that, but held back. "Never. Again." She said, with a frown.

Raya: "Oh, it didn't kill you," Raya said.

Anna: "Well hopefully you won't have to have it done again." Anna labelled the vials and put them back in her box with Raya's then removed her gloves, "It's just a precaution..." And I need more variables for my experiments... "But if it does have to happen again I can suggest a few things to help you out with it... no more hitting people."

Julie: "Sounds good to me." Julie said. "Get back to me on those tests if you want." She waved to Anna and Raya. "Very nice meeting you Raya. I hope you have a pleasant day!" She turned around and jetted out of the room, singing: "So let us sleep outside tonight! Lay down in our Mother's arms, for here we can rest easy! One! Sweet! World!"

Anna: "She's a very very odd girl...." Anna shook her head and got up, opening a twinkie herself. "Results will be in in a week or so..." she told Raya. "You can come and get them or McCoy can send them to you. Up to you."

Raya: "Wow. She's new, right? Tell me she's a freshman." Raya nodded at Anna. "I'll probably come get them in the lab."

Anna: "Yeah she's new...." Anna grinned, "Mental..." she added, "Reminds me of me...."

Raya: "I don't think you were ever quite that strange," Raya shook her head. "So. Other than being the new vampire 'round here, what've you been up to?"

Anna: "Studying my arse off..." Anna slumped into a chair as she ate her twinkie. "Want to be a Doctor, so I've been working really hard to keep up with regular classwork while I study all the medical stuff too... And what thanks do I get? Scott yells at me for trying to help someone."

Raya: "Ah, fun," she said lightly, only little sarcastic. "I hope you don't let it throw you off. You'd make a good doctor."

Anna: "Oh don't worry. I'm from a hardy breed. We don't give up that easily. I just know who not to ask about how my grades are next time. Doctor McCoy is much nicer... but the poor guy's so tired right now with all this virus stuff...." She sighed, "I wish there was more I could do... Hate feeling so useless..."

Raya: Raya laughed at that. "Don't worry. I'm sure he's appreciating the help," she said. "I doubt he considers you useless at all."

Anna: "I'm sure he doesn't.... all my running around after frightened raimbow girls frees him up for the important stuff... I just feel bad that that's all I can do - I'm a healer for God's sake! And I can't do anything to this virus... except make it worse." She threw the twinkie wrapper onto the coffee table. She sighed, "Sorry... it's just pissing me off is all..."

Raya: "It's understandable," she said. "But you can do something, which...well, the rest of us don't even really have the option to."

Anna: Anna looked at her, "What can I do? I'm just muddling through like the rest of you..." she frowned.

Raya: "Well, you're a healer. So those with compromised immune systems can come to you."

Anna: "Yeah... one already did." Anna sighed heavily, "Now she's in the medlab in a coma. You tell me that's better."

Raya: "Who?" she asked. "That's...news to me, honestly." She'd been taking cough suppressants on her own, and so far it had made some progress...but she hadn't been able to shake the cold and honestly hadn't thought of going to Anna. Probably foolish, in hindsight.

Anna: "Monet..." Anna told her, "She... she'd kill me for telling...." She blushed a little, "She came to me for help... she has the virus.... I tried to heal her... Nearly killed me..... She's still sick..."

Raya: "Damn..." she blinked.

Anna: "Yeah...." Anna sighed, "So you can probably get why I'm feeling a bit pathetic right now..." she pulled a cushion to her and eyed the box of samples, "I should get back to the lab really...."

Raya: "It's alright." Raya reached out and grasped Anna's shoulder lightly. "Why don't I walk you down?"

Anna: Anna smiled at her, "Thanks... I'd like that...." She got to her feet and picked up the box, "Actually.... I've been meaning to talk to you about your mutation... maybe we can get some coffee or something after?"

Raya: "Of course."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

TWIIINKIIIIEEES! OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!
:love:love

TBF tho, her fear of needles comes from attempts to sedate her when she had "the shakes", which will be coming up in my fic.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS