1/16 Instance: The Jew? of New York

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Time line: Current

Hepzibah: Hepzibah looked around as Hector put his Impala in park and killed the engine. "This the place?" She had opted for the true blue-blood Jessica look, wearing the insanely overpriced clothes Monet and Hector had bought for her. There was only one piece of her nightmare left to get rid of and it wouldn't burn. She put her hand in her pocket and clenched the diamond choker.

Hector: "This is it." He got out, locked his door, and made his way around the cherry red car to open Hepz's door. If they were going to play it this way, needed to do it full on. He made sure they were being watched through the window and held his hand out for her.

Hepzibah: Smiling, she took his hand and stepped out of the car. Hiding her self consciousness by smoothing her hair back, Hepz took a discreet look around. It was kind of funny. This place was too high class for Hepz, but not high enough for Jessica. Maybe she should have let Hector handle this alone - but too late to turn back now. Besides, she liked the way he looked at her when she looked like this.

Hepzibah: "Used this fence before?" She whispered, sounding very un-Jessica like as she waited for him to lead the way.

Hector: "Not personally, but he comes highly recommended." He whispered back. His arm slipped around her waist and he led her up to the door, opening it for her and letting her walk in first to get most of the attention. He came in behind and looked around for the guy he was supposed to talk to.

Hector: Not seeing the man he walked up to one of the sales ladies standing out in the lobby. "Hello, I'm looking for Doug. Is he in today?" She gave a smile and pointed to a door in the back of the shop. Hec led Hepz through the door and down a short hallway with another door at the end of it.

Hepzibah: All eyes were on Hepzibah. And why not? Magnus was nothing if not dedicated to detail and perfection. He'd created 'Jessica' to be irresistible. She smiled and drew the attention to herself as Hector did the leg work. Soon they were standing in front the heavy wooden door. "You ready to do this?" she gave him a little grin and a wink.

Hector: "Oh yeah..." He grinned back and knocked on the door, waiting for the 'OK' from the inside to open it and walk inside. He saw 'Doug' sitting at a small desk on the far end of the small office. There was a couch on the side wall with a pretty young lady and large military looking man in a suit. "Doug?" Hec asked confidently.

Hepzibah: Hepz stepped through doorway and almost lost her focus. But it wasn't the Schwarzenegger wanna-be about to pop out of his suit, the ornamental girl sitting next to him wearing too much perfume, but 'Doug' himself. In particular the little black yarmulke perched on his completely Goy head. I'm more Jewish than this guy... But she kept her game face on... barely.

Hector: "I am Doug, and who might you two be?" He asked a little predatorily from his desk, his be speckled face oddly menacing and friendly, like an uncle you'd made mad.

Hector: Hector smiled as he led Hepz to one of the seats across from the man at the desk, and then took the other for himself. "I am Hector Rendoza. From what I understand, you know my father?" Doug nodded. "Good. This doesn't concern him, and I'd appreciate he didn't know I was here, but me and my beautiful lady friend here came across a large diamond we were wanting to get rid of, and you came highly recommended."

Hepzibah: Her eyes flicked over at Hec. His father? She didn't have much time to panic over that before Doug nodded and asked to see piece. Hepz smiled and took the diamond choker out of her pocket. Payment for services rendered. It made her feel dirty just touching it. Leaning over, she handed it to him and pretended she didn't see him looking down the front of her dress.

Hepzibah: She sat back and watched him inspect the necklace. It really did look like a cat collar and Hepz found herself glaring at it. She wasn't even certain it was real. After all, why would Magnus spend real money on her. But Doug seemed to get more interested the more he examined it.

Hector: Doug looked up after a short while, a slight smile on his face he couldn't quite cover. "I'll give ya 5 grand for it." He reached for his check book and started to write it out before they even said yes.

Hector: "Ah... I don't think so." Hec grinned, "That is worth much more, if you're gonna pull shit on me we can just go else where." He leaned forward and started to reach for the necklace on the desk.

Hepzibah: Hepz raised her eyebrow; so it was real. Surprise surprise... She'd have taken the $5,000. Hell, she'd have taken half that - but if it was real, it was WAY more than his starting offer - even she knew that. She'd never really watched Hector at work. Hepz sat back to see just what he could do.

Hector: Doug looked back up quickly, "Ah, no, Mr. Rendoza... please. Do sit. Just making sure you were actually here to do business." He pulled the necklace back and looked at it once more. "Well, the large stone in the middle is the only one that truly stands out. I'll give you 5k for the rest and this middle one will need some measurements on, do you mind waiting for just a while longer?" He asked very business like.

Hector: "That sounds more like it." He grinned as he sat back into his chair. "We don't mind at all. As long as the stone stays within sight." No way I'm letting it out of sight. Doug nodded and pulled his equipment from his desk and got to work on measure out the color, cut, and carat size.

Hepzibah: Time seemed to slow down to a crawl as they waited for Doug to do... whatever it was he was doing. Hepz looked over at Hec for a moment and smiled. She could feel the eyes of Doug's rottweiler and arm decoration on them as they waited.

Hector: Hec smiled back and glanced over at the two on the couch, neither of them looked like great conversationalist. After a few minutes Doug finished his work, having looked up in his ledger how much the rock was worth in total. "Alright, cut and markings indicate it's genuine, and is quite pricey. On the books, I can cut you a check for 200k. Can’t go higher, I do have my stock holders to think of."

Hector: Hec looked up at him, his business face on. "What about off the books. What kinda deal you gonna give me cash? This thing shows up in your shop for double what you're offering me and that'd look like you were ripping me off."

Hepzibah: "Well, I could always just hold onto it, I suppose - " She turned to Hector and shrugged. "It's not exactly like I have to have the money." She was trying to ignore the fact that her head was spinning around on the inside at the number he'd thrown out to them. But she back Hec up.

Hector: "Ah... yes. Of course." He wiped his face with a little cloth, getting rid of the sweat beads that had built up under his little hat thingy on his massive forehead. "Your family has always liked off the book... yes?" He smiled nervously, working things out in his head. "Ok... I'll tell you what I'll do... 275k, cash. We are both happy, you go about your business..." whatever that is... "And I go back to mine."

Hector: Hec watched him, could see that the guy was now parting with money he didn’t want to part with. Wasn't as much as he wanted, but more than he figured he'd get anyway. "Go get your money." He grinned and leaned forward, taking the necklace back before he could pull it away again. He held it close and rubbed his finger over it, "Sound good to you babe?" He asked quietly.

Hepzibah: Hepz looked at the necklace Hector held, it had come to symbolize, in a twisted way how Magnus had compensated her for everything he'd done. She reached out and ran a slender finger over the large diamond in the center and trailed down over Hector's hand. She could get more - she knew she could. "300," she said matter-of-factly, turning to look at Doug and releasing just enough pheromones to make him 'agreeable'.

Hector: "Well there ya are." Hec said with a grin at Hepz and turned it towards Doug. Feeling the effects that Hepz had put into motion and seeing them on the face of Doug.

Hector: Doug was about to make a retort, and suddenly caught sight of exposed skin up the slit in her skirt. "300 sounds… reasonable... I..." His head turned a bit as he tried to see up farther, "Will just go and make the arrangements...." He got up, his plump body followed out quickly by the muscle on the couch.

Hepzibah: She watched as Doug, looking a little more excited than a business deal warranted, went to get the money. Hope he doesn't go far... Her pheromones started wearing off after about ten minutes. She gave Hector a smile that was far from innocent as they wait. He knew what she was doing and if he minded - he was saving his tongue lashing for the car ride home.

Hepzibah: Luckily, only a few minutes later Doug reappeared, looking a little out of breath with several stacks of bills all neatly wrapped in their money bands. He set them down on the table and stared at Hepz as if he wished he had x-ray vision.

Hector: "The money is all there..." Doug said as Hec reached for it, flipping through the stacks quickly, making sure 'the Jew' didn't try anything on him. "Looks all in order..." Hec handed the necklace over. "Well... Think we will be off then." Hec scooped up the stacks and slipped them into the small bag he had brought.

Hector: He stood up, zipped up the bag, and held out his hand for Hepz. "Was a pleasure doing business with you Doug. Hope to do the same again in the future." He smiled and nodded his head towards the business man.

Hepzibah: Hepz's keen cat's eyes had counted the bills just like she would have counted a deck of cards. It was good to see that her pheromones made it hard for men to be dishonest as well. Taking Hector's hand she squeezed it and slipped her free hand into Doug’s as he extended it. "It was a please to meet you Doug," she smiled enchantingly. Or at least it appeared enchanting under the influence of her pheromones.

Hector: Hec watched Doug's eyes dart to her bust line and grinned again. He turned and led her out the door and back into the short hallway. He walked slow as they made their way back to the main part of the store. "Well that went well." He grinned.

Hepzibah: "Yup," Hepz nodded, glad to be rid of the necklace. May it bring it's next owner joy. "Easy - Peasy." She stopped just outside the door. Nothing in her entire life had ever gone so smoothly or so well. And that made her worry. "The pheromones will be wearing off soon. Doug might not be in such a charitable mood soon..."

Hector: "Yeah yeah..." He leaned in for a kiss and look up to see if any cameras were present in the hallway. Seeing none he grinned and shifted his field over the two of them. "No worries..." He opened the door and pulled on her hand, leading her through the store without a word.

Hepzibah: Hepz smiled as she kissed him back and felt that familiar tingle as Hector put his field over them. They waited by the door for a moment till someone came through the door, then slipped while it was open. She kept looking over her shoulder, even though she knew they couldn't see them.

Hector: He made his way over to the car, spotting several large, men with bulges in their jackets, hiding just around the corner of the building, obviously waiting for them. He handed the keys and bag to Hepz, whispering, "Get the car started and I'll make a diversion real fast." He grinned, gave her a kiss and headed over to the guys, letting himself become visible as he started to sprint down the alley they were in.

Hepzibah: "Hector! No!!" But he was already gone, the gorillas in close pursuit. She got in the car and started it, cursing under her breath. The engine revved as she spent her anxiety on the gas pedal. She didn't know if she was more scared or angry.
Hector: He grinned looked over his shoulder at the thugs, rounding a corner and sending his field over himself once more, doubling back towards the car, passing the big guys as he ran. He jumped and hood slid across the car like an 80's action show and got in the passenger side. "Hit it woman!" He shouted grinning.

Hepzibah: Hepz jumped as he hit the hood before his scent caught her nose. She threw the car in reverse and punched the gas pedal sending them racing backwards into the street. Blaring horns and screaming drivers were left in the dust as she put it in drive and put the pedal to the floor. The Impala roared down the street as Hepz tried to put as much distance between them and the 'bad guys.'

Hepzibah: She stared straight ahead, both hands on the wheel with an intense look on her face.

Hector: "Hey... Calm down girlie..." He grinned and leaned over to her. "Think we are free and clear." He gave her a kiss on the cheek, grinning like a mad man.

Hepzibah: "Yeah, free and clear," she muttered, splitting her attention between the road and him. "You think this is funny??" she scowled. "You take too many chances Hector. You make too many enemies. One day, luck is not going to be on your side." She gripped the steering wheel tighter.

Hector: "Well... It is kinda funny...." He smiled again, trying to get her to follow suit. Seeing that it wasn't working he let it falter. "But there really wasn't much luck involved.... I knew how much we could get... You got us a bit more than expected... and we made it out easy peasy..." He gave her a kiss again and settled into his seat. "We get home I switch the plates back over, go wash the temp red off the car and then they can't even ID it." He reasoned off. "Luck is 80% preparation babe."

Hepzibah: "Yeah." She said tersely and kept her eyes on the road. After a few tense minutes, she spoke again. "Thanks setting up the deal. Glad to have it gone." They turned onto the highway that lead away from town and towards the school. She handed him the money bag. "Here, take whatever you think is fair."

Hector: "Hepz... Babe... What's wrong...." He put the bag in the floor board and looked over at her as she drove. "You gonna need to lighten up if wanna enjoy all that...." She didn't budge. "Talk to me..." He asked as he turned the radio down.

Hepzibah: Her shoulders slumped a little as she pulled the car off to the side of the road. "Hector, I know you always worked solo..." She paused for a moment and turned towards him, clenching her hands trying to make him understand. "But I - I wanna be more than just your eye candy that waits in the car. If I'd just wanted that I could've... I could've stayed with the Maximoff's."

Hepzibah: Hepz reached out stroked his cheek. "You've always had my back Hector. I want to have the chance to prove I've got your too. Ok?"

Hector: "I... I'm sorry..." He nuzzled into her hand a moment. "I didn't even think of it like that..." He pulled her in for a tight hug.

Hector: "But you are definitely not 'just my eye candy'..." He smiled at her. "I just didn't want you gettin hurts is all... Or have to hurt anyone else again... Was just easier to get away this way...." He held her tight.

Hepzibah: She melted into his arms, all her anger bleeding out of her. Wrapping her arms around him, she kissed him. Hepz wondered how many people even suspected this Hector existed. "All right, I forgive you...this time." She leaned back and grinned at him so he would know she was only teasing. Scooping up the money bag out of the floor, she couldn't help but grin at the weight and smell of all that cash. "We did good."

Hector: "Oh hells yeah..." He grinned as he flipped through one of the stacks of cash. "That was easier money than what I been doing..." He winked and tossed the money back in the bag. "And if it makes you feel better... Next time I'll let you beat one of them up or something." He said joking.

Hepzibah: "Oh hells yeah!" she laughed back. As soon as I figure out how to get my claws back. She looked at him, then at the back seat. "But you know what always makes me feel better..." Her fingers trailed down his chest.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

:LOL that was fun guys

*eyes up Hepz big wad o' cash* You do remember who your favourite android is, right? :shifty :puppy
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

"MY DUCATS!

MY DAUGHTER!??!

MY DUCATS!

MY DAUGHTER!!!"
:evil

Sorry, that was a terrible "Merchant" reference.

Work it, Heppie, WORK IT!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Hee! Nice actiony instance! Sorry I didn't post this, I fell asleep ><