1/20 Instance: Gotta Keep Hope

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

J: J pulled on his lab coat and gloves, sanitizing his self as much as possible. Last but not least he lifted the little mask over his mouth and nose, and then checked himself in the mirror, making sure everything was perfect, and clean, and wrinkle free. He smiled under the mask and stepped out of stall he changed in, "Ok! Let's go heal some people." He sounded hopeful. Just like always.

Kitty: "Yeah... ok." Kitty bit her lip and followed J, carrying a pile of magazines she'd brought to give everyone some fresh reading material. Her voice was a little more subdued and quiet as they made their way towards the sick ward.

J: He made his way from room to room, checking vitals and making sure each IV was set and still working. Neither Monet or Sam had so much as moved since he'd last been to do rounds. That scared him, but he didn't let it show around Kitty, it'd scare her more. "Ok... One last stop..." He smiled and headed into Jay's room. "And he is sleeping..." He went about doing the same ole same ole, trying not to disturb his barely feathered friend.

Kitty: Kitty moved silently leaving a couple of magazines for Rouge who was sleeping with her head resting on Sam's bed. He looked terrible. In Monet's room, she refilled a few of the vases with water and rearranged them a little. She looked like she was just sleeping a deep, deep sleep. Finally, she peered around J at Jay's bed and bit her lip hard. He'd gotten even worse since she'd seen him when she got tested.

Jay: Jay frowned under the mask as he slowly became more aware of people in his room, coughing a little, the beep of his heart monitor becoming more invasive. Someone was moving around his bed, checking his IVs and smoothing his covers - "Darren?" He croaked.

J: "Not even close..." He smiled, "It is your friendly mono alphabetically lettered friend. J." He made sure everything was good to go before finally resting a moment to stand by Jay's bed. "Kitty is here too. I was just making rounds... How are you feeling today?" He asked, afraid he already knew the answer, but hoping for a better one.

Kitty: "Hey Jay, I brought you some stuff to read." She held up the stack. "I left all the girly ones with Rogue," she managed a smile. He only looked slightly better off than Sam.

Jay: Jay blinked, bringing a hand up to rub his eyes tiredly and smiling at J and Kitty. "Hey, y'all..." Hopefully he hadn't missed Darren yet, though he was starting to fall asleep mid-sentence these days. "Ah'm fine, mes amis. Be outta bed in no time."
Jay: A blatant lie, he was getting worse by the day, but he was not going to upset Kitty.

J: "Good to hear!" He smiled and took a seat; Jay looked like he could use the company. "You know you are going to have a lot of make up work when you get out of here."

Jay: "Yeah...Ah've kinda lost track of how long Ah've been out..." Jay trailed off, thin fingers picking at the covers as the other adjusted his mask. "At least wit' me sleepin' all d' time Ah ain' gettin' bored, right?" He looked across to Kitty and smiled. "Though Ah appreciate d' magazines."

Kitty: Kitty put her hand on his shoulder. He seemed frailer somehow. "Don't listen to J," she teased. "You'll have plenty of time to make up your work when you get better. Right now, you just need to get plenty of rest." She put the magazines down on the night stand. "Maybe Darren can read them while he's down here keeping you company." Kitty gently touched his wing and stepped back.

J: "He has been in and out fairly often; quite frankly surprised he is not here now." He joked. He swiveled the chair a bit as he watched Jay moving feebly. He really did look horrible, but at least he was putting up a fight.

Jay: "Yeah well...he's my best frien', y' know?" Jay decided telling them Darren had been bringing Spook down to make him feel better wasn't a good idea. The wing Kitty touched barely twitched as he cleared his throat, wheezing slightly. "Him'n Bobby...dey're lookin' after me..." He trailed off, going a little unfocused.

Jay: "How's Sam'n Monet?"

Kitty: "It takes two people to look after you?" she joked. "Monet, she just looks like she's asleep. Sam..." Her voice trailed off and she looked over a J, not sure what to say.

J: "His condition is not improving, though we are trying the best we can." He gave a grim smile under his mask. "Considering the data we collected in Africa, it is a surprise they are even still alive, but they are, like you, fighting hard and receiving the best medical attention available." He offered, "Meaning Dr. McCoy... Not myself... of course."

Jay: "He's dyin', den." Jay gave J a tired smile, focusing on him. "Ah dealt with a lot of doctors when Ah was a kid." He supplied. "Y' learn what dey really mean." He looked back at the wall. "Still...Ah mean, miracles an' all, right? Ah mean, like y'all said, dis is d' best place..."

Kitty: "Hey, Dr. McCoy is a Twinkie eating miracle worker from what I hear." She leaned back against the wall. "And he and Dr Summer and J and Anna. They're getting closer to a cure all the time." She hoped she sounded more hopeful than she felt.

Jay: Jay smiled a little, closing his eyes. "Ah can believe dat. But like Ah said, ain't all dat bad. Well, 'cept for d' wings, but they'll grow back."

J: "Uh huh, and there are all kinds of weird things that happen here, and not all of them can be bad right?" He smiled again. "Anyway, less somber topic..." He thought for a moment, "Hm... I helped Hepzibah with her shape changing problem." He grinned, and then frowned under his mask. Is that really the best news I can come up with... Wait! "And Mayhem is back from England, and in one piece as rumor has it."

Kitty: "That is good news!" Kitty grinned, wishing she had something to add. Mayhem had been one of the mutants who had come to her house. She knew some really terrible things had happened to both of the ferals.

J: J started to add something else, but noticed Jay's eyes were shut, and his heart rate had slowed to a steady sleeping rate. "Shh... He's asleep again..." He got up quietly and headed for the door, turning the lights down as he held the door for Kitty.

Kitty: Kitty stood there for a moment, watching Jay. He had always been nice to her; indulged her fascination with his mutation. "J? How is he? Really?" She asked quietly.

J: "Not good." He answered levelly, "But we have been making break throughs... But not nearly fast enough." He closed the door behind them, "Dr. McCoy and Dr. Summers have been doing all they can." He pulled the mask down, dragging his chin against his shoulder, "But all we can do is keep working and praying." He smiled sadly and headed to the sink to wash up.

Kitty: "I know," she nodded and washed her hands as well. Then immediately started chewing on her fingernail. There had to be more that they could do... more that she could do.

J: J went into one of the stalls to change back into his civi's and stepped back out a minute later. "Well, my rounds are done for the day." He smiled over at her, "You want to go get lunch before next period?" Hopefully some food and a change of scenery would put a smile back on her face.

Kitty: "Lunch sounds great." Kitty managed to smile back. "The last thing I want Professor Lehnsher to hear is my stomach growling during his lecture," she chuckled. "Where you able to figure out the answer to question 5 on the homework?" She had to get her mind off her sick friends till she could figure out a way to help them.

J: "Yes. Had to read into the next part of the chapter to figure it out, but I finally found it. Took like half an hour of going over my notes before I realized I had forgotten to finish the chapter...." He smiled and headed down towards the kitchen.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

sweet of J and Kitty to do that. :) poor Jay though. :(
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone