1/24 Instance: Swing Shift

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

"You know, it's strange having a fake real job." Jason was muttering quietly. "It's sort of sick to come back to a workplace at night. Should be asleep and avoiding it." He slid his card in for security access, stepping in and holding the door open behind him.

Raya couldn't help a soft snort at that. "Should be. But we're playing good little spies and doing a lot we shouldn't be doing," she whispered, following him in quickly and quietly.

"I just hope we still get to blow something up." He admitted, taking a glance around before stepping towards the left. "I figure we can check out shipping tonight? If they're manufacturing something here like we think then they've got to haul it out sometime."

"Right. Might be at night, though, so we'll have to be careful not to run across anyone moonlighting," she said, following him with soft footsteps. "Sublevel one, isn't it? Shipping?"

"That it is." Jason answered as he quickly headed for the stairs. "Down and at the back." He nodded at her warning though. "I imagine if we are right they would be shipping anything questionable out now."

"Yep," Raya nodded, and followed along after Jason, sliding down the stair rail as it was quicker. "Then we better get down fast."

"Don't want to miss the convoy, after all." Jason nodded, looking around quickly and listening for any sign of a guard as he stepped into the corridor.

"I doubt they'll move that fast, after what we saw in that tour," she muttered. "Watch it be garbage disposal time or something like that."

"Well, they wouldn't want to seem too competent on the surface if they really are up to the level of things we're looking for. Best to err on the side of caution this time I think." He did chuckle though.

"There's a difference in fooling someone about competency and just being stupid," she said, quirking up a half smile at his chuckle. "That woman was blonde all the way down."

"Which is probably the exact reason she was hired. Stupid people are a handy thing. People just don't put them to their proper use."

"They really don't," she agreed. "Bet you could give them pointers. Maybe if we find something truly that interesting to Shaw he'll give us a cut, mm? Or give us something." Not that they hadn't already enjoyed parts of the trip.

"...you mean you're not on the payrole yet?" Jason tilted his head. "Oh, if you're getting a cut of my cheque instead of your own I'm going to be quite unhappy about that."

Raya laughed. "Oh, no, I'm on the payroll already. Don't fret about your cheque," she said, rolling her eyes amusedly.

"Good, I was finally going to buy a car so I wouldn't have to drive the school van around. I think people are beginning to think I'm the school's chauffer."

Raya laughed, before quieting herself. "Oh, I should get you a uniform." She didn't use most of the money she got, preferring to simply have it if she wanted, but that...that she could really go for. If only for the amusement.

"Oh, wait until next semester and we can confuse all of the incoming freshmen." Jason heard an engine firing up and smiled. "And we're that much closer."

"Mmmm, something suspicious," Raya murmured, coming up to a set of doors and peeking through the windows to make sure they were unmanned before slipping through and opening them for Jason. "You take so much delight in torturing the freshmen."

"I take so much delight in torturing. You don't have to add to that." He gave her a cheerful smile, edging through the door and glancing off what had turned out to be a balcony of sorts they stepped out on to the loading area. Five trucks awaited. "Well, they're not unmarked so it doesn't look that seedy." He admitted.

"Oh, look, the overseer's platform. How fortunate," Raya commented. "Remind me to see how well you can torture someone when we get back to the apartment tonight," she said, raising a brow at his cheery smile. "No, but unmarked attracts more attention, now that people know to be aware of them."

"Well, we had actually probably better try and get down from here. Can't see or hear much." Jason groused but was looking at the trucks anyway. "We'll soon see if it's warranted or not."

"Shall we take the fast way down, or backtrack to the stairs?" she asked. "Maybe if we're lucky it'll be something good."

"Fast way, they shouldn't notice anything." Jason nodded. He was also feeling curious which made him want to hurry.

Raya nodded, and slipped under the rail that bordered the balcony, hanging for a second before dropping down the eight feet to the foor, landing in a quiet crouch before ducking behind one of the trucks, just in case there were people about.

Jason was quick to follow, amused at the idea that if any of his gym teachers had seen that they would have been oddly surprised that he was capable of not being completely lazy about such things, and started to skulk around the trucks.

Well, neither of them are completely lazy about such things when they need to be. Gym instructors just can't motivate the way getting paid can. "Think they'd leave the back doors unlocked?"

"We'll just have to find one that's in the process of being loaded and slip on." Jason decided. "Less risk involved."

"Mmm. and hopefully not get shipped off with the goods," she said, sliding around the corner of one and testing the doors. Locked, as usual. But there was one further down with the doors open. "Well, lucky us."

"Lucky us indeed." Jason peered over at the cluster of workers heading over to the pallets on the ground. "And I do believe they're in the midst of loading it." He checked his illusion again, making sure they wouldn't be seen as the first pallet was loaded on the forklift.

Raya watched them, and took a chance of wandering closer, enough to see what was on the pallets. "Needles?" she mouthed, curiously looking back.

"Great, we come down here and they're actually shipping medical supplies like the business does?" Jason frowned, not enjoying the disappointment. He walked over and, as stealthy as he could, cut open a box. "Yes, needles." He said, pulling a syringe out and sighing. "I suppose we shouldn't exactly be surprised."

Raya cocked her head, studying them a moment, before she picked a few up surreptitiously, ducking back behind the doors. "Syringes. But of what?" she asked, pulling one out of the bunch and turning it over.

"I don't see any medicine boxes so I suppose it's just supplies. Probably to aid stations with our luck." He frowned, closing the box. "Well, it was worth a try tonight anyway."

Raya tucked a few into her pocket, just in case they can pull something off them later. "Not a complete loss, though. At least we know something."

"Yeah, that the nightshift is really quite dull." Jason muttered. "Shall we go on home? I can report anotner dull night to our dearest employer."
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

hmmm :shifty
:hepz :kitty
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict