6/5 Instance: Meltdown Averted

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Timeline after Run Away RUN AWAY

Callie tossed another kleenex into the trashcan and sniffled. She shouldn't have left europe - she could have stayed with her friend's family! At least there, the anti-mutant and mutant people were not openly at war and releasing evil plagues! She sat on her bed and held her knees. Crying more wouldn't really help. She had no idea what to do now. She waited for her dad to return her call.

Jean-Paul did not understand what to do with crying people. It was not one of his gifts in the littlest of ways. The only thing he could say he was the master of in this part of social interaction was the awkward pat on the back while uttering nonsensical things such as 'There, there'.

He knocked at the door though, hoping that Callie had stopped since getting up there. "Callie? Are you in?"

"Yeah," she said, a bit watery. She cleared her throat and got up to get the door. "Hey, JP. Come in." She stepped aside to let him in.

He stepped in but didn't come too close. Yep, Callie was still crying, the fates did not smile on Jean-Paul at the moment at all. "Can I...do anything?"

"No, not really, unless you wouldn't mind a hug? I am done crying, though." She did laugh a little at his expression. Men and crying women! They hadn't a clue.

"I can do that." He laughed, feeling a bit relieved at hearing that the crying was stopping. He could deal with the aftermath much better than the actual happening. Coming on over to Callie, Jean-Paul claimed a seat by her, giving her a hug. "I'm sorry if all of us downstairs got you too worked up talking about things."

"It is all right, I shouldn't have gone mad like I did. I was just so very upset and confused. And terrified. So scared. I am so small and helpless, unable to do anything, that I lost my emotions." She hugged him back, hard, taking a calming breath before tears reappeared. "How do you keep so calm?"

"Oh, I'll have a meltdown later, don't you worry." He gave her a little laugh. "They're in superspeed so nobody notices the flailing too badly...plus muttered quietly in French to avoid some understanding."

"Other than that, lets just say I'm pretty familiar with shit hitting fans and that helps keep calm. We're going to be okay."

"Are we, really?" She sighed and sat back. "You can feel free to meltdown here. I am good at the hugging. For the short term, we will be fine, but I think that will last for not the week. The teachers are discussing it, but we must do something, maybe contact the terrorists and make them see reason."

"Judging by Lorna's training programs I'm not sure she has much faith in talking. Half of them are capitol buildings with mystery mutants and zombies congress." He pulled a face at that. "But whatever it comes to we're going to be okay. I mean, you're not as helpless as all that, yeah?"

"Well. I am really. I am failing miserably at that class. I am in last and Mrs. Drake suggested I take extra training time out of my day. I will be the first killed if something bad happens. And that makes me angry and frightened."

"Well, how much can you do with your powers?" He asked, curious.

"Um. I make plants grow any which way I want. But that is all, really. I can make grass grow, trees, vines, anything but that is not enough. I have no way to defend or take an offense with that."

"A field of pretty flowers no matter how big, will not stop an army."

"Hmm, well, maybe one day you'll get to have armies of trees like that one bit in Lord of the Rings." He gave a shrug. "And it's not like there aren't other things you could do outside of fighting I imagine."

"Like what? And they stay rooted, they cannot move. What else could I do?"

"People are going to come back hurt. They may need research or something. I've no idea really but judging by how some of the older people talk it sounds like that's how things have happened before."

"Research? I could do that." She nodded. "Yes, I tink that would be better for me. You, though, would fight?"

"I could be useful there, even if it's just running people out." He nodded as well. "There has been such a lot of crap that has happened I'll do what I can anyway."

"Yes, I can see you being the hero." She smiled. "All big and strong and heroic."

"..." Jean-Paul snorted, hard.

Callie poked him. "You would be perfect! Just need a costume, preferably skintight..." She waggled her eyebrows. "Give something nice for the ladies to look at knowing they can never have."

"Mmm, good point. I would make a pretty poster to hang on some teen girl's wall, wouldn't I?"

"Yes, most definitely. I would be the centerfold for Plants R Us."

"You could paint yourself green and be Poison Ivy."

"Who?"

"Comic book thing, was in one of the newer Batman movies." He explained, shrugging.

"I never saw any of them. I am a Chick Flick girl."

"Well, if you ever do, that can be your planty villainy self."

Callie: "I am a good girl, though. Not a villain!"

"Oh yeah, you're a good girl, I know." He smiled, ruffling her hair. "Better than most of us I'd wager."

"I try." She gave him a hug. "Thank you. I think I'll just go down and talk to Professor Xavier and see if I can't be placed somewhere less action-hero-esque."

"That is until you find your inner Poison Ivy?" He smirked at her, returning the hug. "I think that sounds great for you."

"I am Eartha Kitt Evil. A bit boring. Do you need to melt down now? I think I'm done with mine."

"Eartha Kitt was a treasure though, but I suppose she did lack a certain mutant panache." He shrugged. "I don't feel it coming yet, maybe I'll manage to skip it all together."

"All right, but if you need me, I'll be there." She gave him a squeeze.

"Same" He chuckled again. "I'll let you get back to yourself?"

"Sure, unless you want to walk me to the Professor's office."

"I can do that." He nodded, offering an arm. "I promise to even walk."
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Selene will totally get out her old Harley Quinn Halloween costume again if we end up with a Poison Callie. :shifty
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen