6/10 Instance: Roadkill Dropout

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

6/10 Instance: Roadkill Dropout

Post by puppygirl »

Timeline - Current

Jules wrapped up the last box filled with her pipes and packing peanuts. She lifted it and zipped down to the garage in two blinks and a shake. "I know the other school isn't that far but it's never a bad idea to not be precautious."

Ronnie watched the rainbow zip past as she made her sedate way out of the main doors to await Jason, "... Getting the hell out of Dodge?" she asked the other blonde.

Jason wasn't sure when but apparently when the zombie apocalypse took all of the taxi drivers away, he had become a chauffer. After what had been a very hard to follow phone message, Jason had half expected Xavier's to be on fire when he pulled up but there wasn't a single bit of smoke.

He pulled on into the garage though, seeing Julie who he had expected and Ronnie who he was glad to run into. "The trunk's yours, nothing suspicious in it."

"It's a one horse town, and I may have shot the horse and the sheriff riding it." Jules admitted to Raven. "Don't worry Jason, the police in this state are far too occupied with harassing crazed symbiotes. Besides, you can make 'em think it's whatever you want! Where do my fireworks go with me in the front, or the trunk?"

Ronnie walked up to the car, she was dressed to impress in a skirted business suit and she folded her arms to lean on his opened window, "Just the man I wanted to see, I've got news to share," she flicked her eyes over to Julie, "I do hope neither of you mind my tagging along, hmm?"

"Oh, I have news as well." Jason nodded, quite pleased with himself. "I trust we're talking the same business and not just some Hellfire gossip, yes? Not that there's much to talk about while everyone's slipped out of the city though, is there?" He looked over Julie loading the car up. "Trunk, please, and I figured I was safe, not to worry."

She stuffed her boxes into the trunk and looked around. "Hellfire?" She was pretty sure that term was new to her. "Also, I couldn't find the cap to my sun tan oil. No promises, but it should still be upright." She shrugged.

"I'm sure Jason's trunk will survive your lotion," Ronnie said indulgently, moving around the front of the car and slipping into the front seat before the uppity little thing Jason seemed to be giving a lift to got any ideas, "And yes, this is much more than just the latest on the Hillman-Smale scandal ..." she paused for a moment, "though if there have been any new developments there you would let me know, yes?"

"Oh, wife number two is apparently involved again and there's something about a stock broker I haven't gotten the full details on but if what I'm understanding is true there may be court dates involved soon." Jason went ahead and said that in an amused rush, missing the mindless gossip of the Club.

"You remember Hellfire, Julie. Shaw and the like, how I got access to the shipping yard where we stored your 'perishables'?" Jason explained, pulling a face at the talks of lotion and his car. "I charge double for any and all leakage that happens in my car. It's bad enough it's inky every night."

"But yes, news. I believe I might have to break my sword out again, found a very eager recruit."

Nodding repeatedly (and excitedly) Julie squeezed into the back seat beside some of her boxes and said to Jason "Oh yeah! I sorta remember that. Oh! That's right gas money!" She handed Jason two Benjamins. "Can we stop at 7-11? I really want a Slurpee. Extra large." Ssssuugarrr she thought to herself.

"Really?" Ronnie's eyes flashed with interest, "Seems that those investments in the clam farming industry will be all for naught then, hmm?" Jason wasn't the only one who missed the mindless gossip, "And that is good news, I believe I may have a potential also, provided I can ... steer him in the right direction." She half glanced behind her at Julie ... was this girl infantile or something? Why was Jason bothering with her?

"Now, Julie, I'm sure you tried to tell me why you were leaving but I'm afraid the answering machine is just not built for speed so I'm afraid you're going to have to tell me again." He took the money though, tucking it away. "Clams never pay off, they're far too regional. At least pigs help dispose of evidence." He shook his head at the short sightedness as he drove.

"This sounds promising, do you think he'll be an asset? I'll admit my latest recruit is perhaps a bit...unpredictable but he sounds solidly in our court."

Jules looked around as they backed up out of the garage. "A part of me wants to say I'll miss this place... but I know I'm just going to miss some of the people in it. But their ignorance is their loss, y'know?" She flicked off the building as they began to pull away. "And Jason, I'm leaving because I'm done. I'm done pretending that everything Xavier says makes sense."

"I mean... it's been literally months since anyone in that brainwashing factory has said anything that is reasonable. To be honest, I'm also sorta getting scared someone's gonna try to push me into doing something stupid again." She looked into the rear view mirror with a serious expression. "I want to make my powers better not contained."

"Oh, I think he'll be an excellent asset if we can get him on side," Ronnie gave Jason a sly smile, "which I don't think should prove too difficult, I suspect he's had a hard life due to his mutation, and he's a man of ... shall we say baser needs?" Her eyes flicked back to the girl behind them again, well ... that sounded promising ...

"Oh, so that's what you've been up to. I had wondered." Jason's smirk was wide, knowing, and far too amused with his knowledge. "So how long have you been disagreeing with Xavier's ideals then?"

"I sota wanna flip his wheel-chair over. So... based on that I'd say I've been harboring resentment for a good 4 or 5 months now? Maybe a little longer by just some weeks. Basically the second I realized that people were all trying to just be mutants anyways. There's so many who want to be just like us... but everyone else is just scared. And they should be, we're better."

"Evolution explicitly states that we're the next phase. We should stop pretending we're not."

"Here, here," Ronnie murmured, who would have though such a drug-addled dingbat would make sense?

Jason's mind drifted as he drove. Hmm, a speedster? That could be useful, running messages and materials back and forth instead of relying on everyone knowing everything they needed in advance and carrying things in that would be difficult. He glanced over to Ronnie, tilting his head curiously.

Ronnie smiled back and returned the nod silently.

"I'm not saying I want everyone in the world to suffer... just the people who can't feel empathy. I have no sympathy for people like that. I honestly was ready to kill a person the other day. He saw my rainbow streak -- I don't hide it! and he spat at me! So I punched him! Like 50 times, 'cause I'm jsut that fast!"

"Like, of all stupid things! He called me a DYKE! And then a mutie! Like... jeezus. Pick a slur you half-bree-STOOOOOOP!"

She pointed to the road before them as she screamed.

Jason nodded back but found himself absolutely confused as to what Julie was shouting about. "What? There's no zombies around, and even if there were, 10 points."

Ronnie jumped at the sudden shriek and clapped her hands over her ears, "Bloody hellfire! I think you just melted any wax that was in my ears, what the bleedin' heck's all that racket for?"

Julie hopped out and pointed at the injured squirrel. "You were gonna squish it!" She protested with a pouty face. "If you're gonna kill it make it fast!" She lifted her foot and used her speed to stamp down dozens of times, flattening the thing. "Like that!"

Jason stared, tilting his head to the side. "If we do recruit her...well, I'm not really certain what to do about things like that. Put her on downers?" He dropped his voice, asking Raven and just giving Julie a nod.

Ronnie ... didn't even bother with the poker-face, she just stared at the girl with a completely bemused expression on her face, "I ... suppose?" She whispered back, "... At the very least if things go tits up we can use her as cannon fodder while we make good our escape?" The girl was clearly deranged, she'd probably be easy enough to convince to run screaming into the gunfire while they snuck out the back.

"Anyways," she said as she zipped back into her seat. "What I was saying is he's a jerk. So I want to go to a school where I can bring my powers to beyond their limit. That's why I called." She smiled to Raven. "You want a Kool-Aid pouch?"

"....okay, rule number one about killing things and then getting in my car. We wipe our feet. I can hose the outside off, inside involves more work than I'd like to have to do." Jason grimaced, shaking his head at the offer of any form of pouch. "The school is no problem, actually wasn't why I was asking, just feeling you out on your opinions on mutant-human relations."

Ronnie's fine nose wrinkled at the waft of splatted squirrel that was now permeating the car, "... No ... you're alright there," she said carefully as Jason pulled away, she made a mental note that as soon as they were alone she and Jason would make a solemn pact to never let this girl know more than that which was absolutely necessary.

"Oh! Good point, sorry Jason!" She took off her shoes, rolled down the window and threw them out. She began whistling and sipping on her pouch of Kool-Aid.

.... And now throwing shoes out of windows? Right .... well anyway, "Julie," she cleared her throat, "it seems that you're of the same opinions of myself and Jason," she shared a look with the man, "we're ... gathering those of us who are alike in outlook and realise our true position in society ... perhaps you would be interested in coming to our next little meeting?"

"Sounds like you're inviting me to a club." She looked at her Kool-Aid. "Will there be brownies?" she asked.

"Brownies depend entirely on if Rogue feels like baking them, I suppose," Ronnie gave a little shrug, "there's alcohol at least though."

"Yes, you are welcome to join us if you wish, Julie." Jason nodded. "We could use someone of your certain talent for our cause, more than likely."

Pondering for just a moment Julie decided "Sure." She finished the pouch and stuffed it into a box. "I like to think I'm talented enough for some causes. We're not gonna do any lame cookie-baking for Mutant Awareness are we?"

Jason just looked at her with as much contempt as he could manage to scrape together in his being at the suggestion.

"We're a bit more ... pro-active than that, dear," Ronnie tried not to sound condescending, "I rather think cookie-baking is more of a Xavian thing?" Yes, she could just picture that Kincaid woman who was allegedly a teacher arranging something like that ...

"Exactly!" Jules said leading forward. "That was as uneffective as it was stupid! We don't give them cookies! We take theirs!" She cackled. "When's the last time anyone gave us anything? If we're not hiding our abilities we're working to keep them secret! We deserve the cookies, damn it!"

"Well, we do intend to aim a bit higher than cookies." Jason promised, taking the exit towards Nova's school.

"That sounds awesome. You can count me in." She chirped.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"