6/13 Instance: Rum and Ruminations

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/13 Instance: Rum and Ruminations

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

Greer sniffed her way up the street, checking out the scents of the infected. They were old so she was safe for now. Her ears focused in on every sound around her, providing her of advanced warning of any trouble. So far so good. Excellent. She straightened up to get her bearings and headed to her favourite stop clothes.

Since donating many of her things to Rose, she had a somewhat reduced wardrobe which she was beginning to realise was potentially a problem in this weather and with her habit for dragging herself through hedges. Things got torn. She climbed in through the broken window and started looking around, finding something shiny under a table. Ooooh pretty! She slipped the earrings into a pocket. They'd make a nice present.

Jason, quite amused at what the FEMA agents included in this week's supplies for in-city survivors for celebration of the people in Washington DC being stopped, hummed to himself as he walked back towards his apartment. There was just something about being handed drinks by someone in uniform off of a giant humvee that was funny to him.

Said humvee pulled ahead of him as he walked, starting down his street towards their next drop point, watching for any zombies to detain until the cure could be figured out...and, of course, for any trouble.

Tigra found some clothes she liked the look of and took off her backpack to stuff them inside. They'd do for now... and her tattered backpack wasn't overly roomy so it was better to get few things anyway. She headed back to the street, pulling the earrings out of her pocket to examine them better in the light.

A tiger girl pulling stuff out of abandoned stores was more than enough to be declared trouble, especially after knowing mutants had been the cause of the situation they were all in now. The agent in the passenger side of the humvee stood up, calling out to her. "Ma'am, stop there."

Greer looked up, her ears going back and her tail stilling completely before her entire posture shifted. They didn't smell friendly at all. Her ears turned forwards and she crouched defensively, her tail swishing behind her.

"I'm going to have to ask to search your bag, ma'am." He stepped towards her, keeping his baton down but still easily within reach.

Greer backed up, authority figures made her nervous at the best of times but when they were walking towards her she felt outright threatened. She hissed a little when he got too close.

"Ma'am" He was much sterner now. "Your bag."

Jason saw this up ahead and just cringed. Oh, if this resulted in any of his drinks spilled he might have to look into how to preserve pelts and handle a baton.

She backed up further, her tail brushing against a wall. Uh oh. She hissed again. He wasn't taking her things! They were hers! She found them, he could get his own!

He gripped his baton, stepping closer as the rest of his group started to get out as well. "I must insist you cooperate, ma'am."

There were more of them! She let out a low growl in warning. She had no intention of cooperating. She was cornered and she didn't like it.

The baton came out, though right now it was used to keep her back as the first man made a grab for the bag.

Jason just could see no way for this to end well.

The grabbing hand got swiped at, she didn't even try to keep her claws in.

"Greer!" Jason put himself invisible but didn't bother to mask his scent, wanting her to find him but glad to avoid any attention from FEMA. "Greer, over here, get out of there."

Batons were being swung now as one of their own was attacked. "Get her down!"

Greer heard the yell and caught the scent but her escape was cut off. She growled and swiped some more, wanting them to back up so she had enough space to leap over them.

Jason was not about to get in the middle of that, sighing and trying his best to create an illusionary Tigra to take the blows and hopefully open up a path for the real one.

There was a wall behind her, the rational side of her mind reminded the feral. She turned and leapt up it, using her claws to scale up to the roof and running out of sight. She sniffed for the scent she recognised again and jumped the alleyway beside the store to get closer.

"There we are, that's better." Of course, the agents could hear him but couldn't see him as half were torn looking for the voice and the rest dealing with the imaginary Greer.

Jason worked as quickly as he could manage to cover real Greer's tracks as well.

The feral still wanted to fight the people that had threatened them but Greer was in control, taking the safer route away from the trouble and towards the scent. She dropped down from the roof to pick up the trail again.

Ginny heard a commotion going on outside, so he put down his well-deserved and hard-earned bowl of vanilla ice cream with a splash rum on top down and went to go investigate. He frowned when he saw Tigra and Jason. "What's going on?"

"Harbouring fugitives from the law, the usual." Jason called back, making his way over to Greer without ruining his illusion from the agents. "Also, they've sent more rum for celebration from the incident in Washington so I'm not coming back with all bad!"

"Jason!" despite his invisible state, Greer knew exactly where he was and hugged him. "Man, I'm glad you're here!"

"Excellent. I love rum!" He watched Tigra hug apparently nothing and shook his head. Sometimes, he thought he'd never get used to Jason's powers.

"It's the best and watch the claws, dearie, lets go." Jason hurried for the door with her, making sure to not let it movie for the agents eyes as they finally made off with the illusionary bag and arrested the illusionary Greer.

Greer followed Jason then pulled Ginny into a hug too, once they reached him. "Ginny!" she squeezed him a little before letting go, remembering he didn't like the furry.

"Oh good, you brought a stray home," he said and wriggled away from her. "Hello, Tigra. What on earth brings you out here?"

"Yes, I know, we'll have to dig out the lint brushes and all." Jason smirked as he slipped into the apartment, locking the door after him just in case. "That's a good question, getting in the last bits of stealing you can?"

"Getting some new clothes... don't know how long it'll be til stores open again properly and I kind of need some because I gave a lot of mine to the new girl or ruined them..." she frowned, "Stupid FEMA guys... I'd pay for the stuff if there was someone there to take my money..."

"Well, I suppose they're all hellbent on keeping order or...well, something. In any case they gave me rum along with our usual supplies." Jason glanced out the window, making sure the illusion was holding long enough for them to pull away.

"I have no idea what they expect - there's items people want and really, nobody to stop them from taking what they want. I myself have a few wonderful new items, free of charge." He sat back down on the couch and picked up his ice cream. "You two want some?"

"Forget want - I'm talking need here. The crap they give us is just not worth it... And they're mean..." though now there was ice cream.... she sniffed at the bowl, "Mmmm yes please!"

"I believe the mean is actually in their job description, though I imagine strolling about in your furs is bringing out the PETA supporter in them." Jason turned away from the mirror, sure in the fact they had gotten away with their exit. "Do you still have run-ins like that often?"

"Well it's fur or I freeze to death right now... and yes... I get that a lot. Even when I'm not poking around shops that are busted up..." She rummaged in her backpack for a long sleeved top and shifted out of her fur, pulling it on.

Ginny got up and went to the clean laundry basket and rooted through it until he found what he was looking for. He tossed the pair of trousers at Tigra. "Put some clothes on!" He continued on into the kitchen and started fixing two more bowls.

"Yes, I'd say getting clothes for you would be a great service for the community, they should have given them to you for fee." Jason averted his eyes to drinks

Greer pulled them on, "I have clothes on..." she mumbled, slightly offended.

"I think our definitions differ, vastly." He poured them all drinks, though.

"I've worn less out...." Greer clarified quietly as she curled up in her chosen seat.

"I think you've picked the wrong audience, my dear." Ginny handed out the bowls of vanilla ice cream and took his drink. "Cheers."

"Yes, this crowd is a big fan of pants. They're our friend." Hmm, ice cream, meet booze. The world was a better place. "So, do you usually have run-ins with FEMA? I can't imagine they give you booze."

"I don't think there's a right audience right now..." she frowned trying to decide what to do first. Drink or ice cream? "Clothes or no clothes, when humans see you're covered in fur they treat you like crap because they can get away with it..."

"True, but most people are trained to not like things that are different." He gave her a pointed look. "However," he continued, pouring out his drink into his ice cream bowl and mashing the resulting mess into a slurry, "people should be taught to think outside the box, and accept people for who they are."

"Yeah and they should treat people like people...." she watched him with his ice cream and drink and approved of that action, doing likewise. "I gave up expecting that to happen. What's the point when my own family don't accept me?"

"I treat everyone like crap, so I suppose that's that." He shrugged, settling in and eating. "And remember, you're not people, Greer, you're mutant. Of course you're not going to be treated like a person, there is no acceptance."

"But why should it be one rule for them and another rule for us? Just because they're pissed that we're better than they are... and why in the hell do we have to sit back and take it? If I didn't have a healing mutation I'd have died by now.... assholes..."

"Indeed. But then again, we just have to look back into history to see the same story."

"I don't know about you but I don't do too terrible much in the way of sitting back and taking anything." Jason slid into his usual chair, lounging back in it. "It's just not everyone is of that opinion, yes Ginny?" He looked over for backup.

"Mmm. Some people enjoy sitting back and watching, and others are more...proactive. Offense instead of defense."

"Everyone at Xavier's seems to be of that opinion..." Greer grouched, slowly eating her alcoholic ice cream, "I'm constantly having to rein myself in around those guys and that's just not me... and it's hard work."

"Oh, fuzzy little kitcat, we're definitely not taking about Xavier's and any of their opinions...well, some of their opinions as some have joined us but that is neither here nor there."

"We're talking about something else. That is not affiliated with any other group, Tigra. Would you care to hear more?"

"If it means I'm allowed to defend myself properly, hell yes."

"Oh, unless our plans ever run afoul defense won't be a problem."

"No, we do so enjoy offense. Underhanded and sneaky offense, but still. We're talking about fighting back on our own terms."

Greer looked between them, "Why am I only hearing about this now?"

"Well, this isn't really the kind of thing that loose lips pay off for, you know." Jason pulled a face. "We're very much invitation only. I'm afraid we'll have to find a telepath to clear a person out if they ever said no...write that down, Ginny, we need a telepath."

"Yes, sir!" He pulled a pad of paper from his sweater's pocket and scribbled a note. "We take security very seriously," he told Tigra. "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

"...Yeah.... right...." she frowned again, "So what is this thing that takes security so seriously you want to wipe peoples' hard-drives if they ever leave?"

"Well, you remember graduation? Lets just say the kind of things we got up to on that day has...expanded." Jason smiled, remembering the incident at the FoH headquarters quite well.

"Indeed. Expansion and Development. We're the very quiet neighbor who turns out to be the most wanted person in the world." He looked to Jason to see if he'd said too much, but from the way Tigra was crouching on the edge of her seat, he figured she really didn't need much more reeling in. He sighed inwardly. Great. First Raven and now Tigra to make my life that much more fun.

"Huh.... sounds.... fun..." she grinned a little, "I'm totally up for turning the tables on those assholes."

Jason nodded, pleased enough with the development. Tracking skills and muscle were always some good additions to things in case they went south. "In that case, welcome."