6/19 Instance: Cheezburger Heroes

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Directly before the game 'X-Men Evolution'.

Darren: Darren frowned as they landed on the roof of a high-rise and peered around, "Hmmm ... I'm picking up the broadcast from this area ..."

Selene: Stepping up to stand precariously close to the edge of the building, Selene peered down into the streets below. "Well, I can't see anything suspicious from up here." Her eyes narrowed. "Even though I can definitely sense something down there."

Darren: Darren nodded, "Yeah, and the movement of the creatures ... this is a lot different to what we've seen before ... maybe they realise the end is near?"

Selene: "Which means they either go into hiding, or plot something quite nasty... if those things are capable of plotting, in the first place." She paused, watching the eerily quiet streets. "What do you say, shall we fly down and take a closer look at things?"

Darren: "Well they've shown a basic intelligence, so you never know, and I think that's a good idea," he held out his hand to her.

Selene: "Such a gentleman," Selene commented, taking Darren's hand before she wrapped her arm around his waist. "I doubt many engaged couples get to have as exciting dates as we do."

Darren_: He kissed the side of her head, "Don't nobody say I don't show my baby a good time," he smirked, before dropping them down to ground level. As their feet touched ground he looked around, "Well ... the signal's much stronger down here ... could be in one of the nearby buildings you think?"

Selene: "Give me a moment to get a better impression of this area." Selene closed her eyes, breathing slowly, and focused on the signals her life-sense picked up. "They may be strange and inhuman, but undoubtedly alive. Which means they can't hide for long..." She sucked in the air once more. "...no, none of the buildings... further down... underground."

Darren_: "Could be a remote broadcast ... but who set it up? I can't trace it," Darren shrugged, "But yeah, let's head underground, you want point babe?"

Selene: "I wonder if letting your fiance walk into the dark, possibly tentacle monster infected subway dungeons first is another trait of the gentleman," Selene said, leaning up to press a kiss to Darren's lips. "Even though I must commend you for knowing how I like to have fun. Let's go spelunking."

Darren: "I know my baby good," Darren said, following her down and watching thier backs as she did so, "Luckily the darkness doesn't bother us, huh?"

Selene: "If that's your way to offer us a little more light, I wouldn't object to you becoming a bit more glowy." Selene chuckled and glanced back over her shoulder. "It may bring back traumatizing memories of Twilight, but it's still slightly better than getting pounced by zombies in the dark."

Darren: Darren just grinned and shifted to his technoorganic form, the soft yellow lights on his skin giving off a glow strong rnough to see by, "One day i'll make you a 'Team Warlock' t-shirt," he teased, his voice echoing in the emptiness.

Selene: "Oh, you have no idea how much persuasion you'll have to go through if you ever wanted me to wear that in public." Selene walked slowly, trusting in her life-sense to warn them from any zombies or hobos hoping to pounce on them from a dark corner.

Darren_: "Oh you wouldn't need to wear it, just knowing you owned it would give me a lovely, warm feeling inside," Darren flashed her a (litteral) thousand watt smile and scanned the area, "Well ... I'm not picking up anything ... how about you babe? Any creepy-crawlies?"

Selene: Selene paused when they reached another set of stairs, again focusing on any input her psychic senses might pick up. "There definitely seems to be something down there," she said, blinking as if that would help her pierce the darkness ahead. "Several lifeforms, but too small to be infected people. Rats, perhaps..."

Darren_: "Rats? I would have figured all the zomboids would have eaten them? Let's go check it out," he took her hand.

Selene: "Which again goes to show that even the most terrible catastrophes have at least some good to it," Selene said, walking down the stairs hand in hand with her fiance. It certainly had to look like the oddest evening stroll ever. "I bet New York has never been that pest free."

Darren_: "There's still the flyig rats, I don't think even a direct nuclear strike would get rid of them," Darren swung their joined hands and then pointed at a box next to a ticket booth, it was rocking slightly, "Think that's what you were picking up?"

Selene: "Oh no, it would only give them additional heads," Selene remarked, glancing over at the nearby box. The moving box. She narrowed her eyes at it. "Yes, that has to be the source. Wanna prod it with a ten-foot-pole?"

Darren_: "Pffft, I'm more than badass enough to deal with a box of angry rats," Darren waved a hand dismissivly and approached the box, it squeaked pathetically as he tapped the side, "That doesn't sound like rats ..."

Selene: Selene tilted her head and frowned, stepping up to the box. "It sounds... frighteningly cute, in fact." She knelt down poked it herself, followed by another miserable squeak. Steeling herself for the impending horror, she carefully lifted the lid - and instantly got her finger pawed by a tiny piece of fluff.

Darren: "..... Awwwwwww!" Darren, who had a weakness for small, fluffy things, knelt down next to her. Inside the box were five different coloured kittens, blinking and mewing pitiously at them, "Awwww, you poor little guys, where's your mom huh?" He poked a finger at them, they seemed a bit skinny and weak.

Selene: Selene fought hard to retain her dignity and the reputation of a cold-hearted bitch, even though the urge to dissolve into a squealing little girl grew strong within her. "Those poor little things," she said, holding out her hand so the kittens could sniff and lick it. "Now that's no place for a box of kittens."

Darren: "No it deffinetly isn't," Darren agreed, "I hope thier mom hasn't been eaten or anything, I mean ... they do look kinda scrawny huh?" He scritched the top of one's head.

Selene: Selene gave the small balls of fur a thoughtful look. "No, I doubt they have been here for long," she said. "The infected would have gotten them for sure." She smiled, the power of the box-o-kittens compelling her. "I'm sure their mom is fine. They have just been misplaced."

Darren: "Maybe we should see if we can find her?" Darren suggested, scritching the kittens and getting teeny purrs in return.

Selene: Selene nodded. "Perhaps the box has an address written on it, or is otherwise marked to give us a hint about its owner." She prepared to pick up the box, very gently and carefully, when a low moan echoed up from the depth of the subway station.

pupple: Darren's head shot around and he automatically stepped between Selene and the kittens and the sound, "... Shush," he whispered, scanning the darkness ahead and shifting to his human form, the lights vanishing.

Selene: "I knew it couldn't have been just the kittens I sensed from all the way up," Selene whispered, cradling the box of kittens in her arms as she rose to her feet. "So, tactical retreat?"

Darren: "I think so ... I just hope your hypothosis wasn't correct and they're intelligent ..." this was starting to feel a bit like a set up, "Just ... go slowly, no sudden movements, right?"

Selene: "Sounds good to me," Selene whispered back, looking back over her shoulder as they made their way back to the staircase, very slowly. The poor kittens were obviously frightened, and wouldn't stop meowing. The dim lighting didn't make things easier, too.

Darren: As the backed away the growling got louder, the empty subway giving it a strange echo, it didn't seem to come from the same place twice, "... Maaan ... this is just like Silent Hill 3," Darren muttered under his breath.

Selene: "If I had known before that it would come to this, I would have put on my secret Princess Heart costume and cheated by roasting those thing with laser beams." Selene held the box tight, looking around as she tried to pick up a clear signal with her senses, but the ambient life-force already seemed to come from all around them. So not good.

Selene: Selene froze when she heard something wet and sticky and heavy slump to the ground behind her. No, definitely not good...

Darren: "Sorry, oh light-of-my-life, but if a Pendulum turns up you're on-" he heard the sound too and froze in silent agreement, still watching the subway, ".... Babe ... I want you to very slowly and very carefully turn around and see what that was ... and try not to make any noise," he muttered over the kittens terrified mewing.

Selene: "Aww, I hate when you say such things," Selene replied, her displeasure visible on her face, before she turned her head very slowly. Looking back over her shoulder, she decided to the writhing mass of black goo and tendrils was definitely way too close for comfort. "Oh..."

Selene: She inhaled carefully, freezing up as she hoped the thing was looking the other way. Not that only one could tell which way those blobs were looking, anyway.

Darren: "... It's behind us, isn't it?"

Selene: Glancing sideways without moving her head, Selene could also make out movement in the dark to either side of them. "...not exactly," she replied. "They're more... all around us, I'm afraid."

Darren: "... Shit ... Okay, remember what Lorna said, try not to kill any and um ... keep the kittens safe?" He very slowly started to morph his hand to a gun.

Selene: "I promise I'll be gentle," Selene said, balancing the box so she could hold it in only one arm. "I hope they give you the same courtesy when they probe you." She tried to take a careful step around the inky mass. The kittens mewled, the infected spun towards them, and then everything went to hell really quick.

Darren: Darren swore and blasted the tendrils heading towards him, his other hand growing long and flat with one sharp end, and he brough the blade down on a few tendrils that came to close to Selene, hacking them off "Shit! Sel! Anything you can animate!?"

Selene: Selene held out a hand and blasted the creature right in front of her with a telekinetic push, strong enough to send it flying off its feet. "Looking out for something!" A second creature lashed out towards the box, which she managed to shield inside a bubble just in time.

Darren: Darren kept up the hacking and blasting, "Get back to back! See if you can clear our exit!"

Selene: Selene stepped back towards Darren, until she felt herself bump into him. Forming barriers and blasts by applying her power as telekinesis proved effective for now. "Shoot the floor," she called out to Darren, an idea popping into her mind.

Darren: Dispite his faults, Darren was a good solider, and Sel hadn't gotten them killed yet, so he hacked the nearest tentacles off and aimed at the floor, letting off a large blast of energy.

Selene: Selene shielded her face from the flying debris. "Thanks, love!" Now she had loose stuff to work with, flinging bits of broken up rubble towards the nearest infected, topping them over from the impact. The larger pieces she drew closer with her powers, infusing them with energy to gain better control.

Darren: "Genius!" Darren whooped, backing up a bit from the hole he'd made, the goo monster he was fighting squealing and seeming to retreat, "Think this one's on the run, babe!"

Selene: She used the brief respite the glance into the box. "Kittens seem upset, but otherwise fine, too." She looked around. "Alright, let's head for the stairs. Slow and steady." Selene had the larger slabs of concrete hover around them as a crude shield.

Darren: "Right!" Darren turned his back on the creature as it seemed to crep away and peered around the slab, firing at the inky mass blocking thier way out, "It's okay li'l guys, we'll find you some kitten milk once we're outside," he assured the squealing kittens.

Selene: The inhuman roaring and shrieking echoed louder through the the subway tunnels and Selene's frown deepened. "I think they might have run home to whine to their friends about us meanie mutants." She closed the box and held it tight. "I suggest we hurry."

Darren: "I agree, got a tight hold of that box?" Darren asked, grabbing her around the waist.

Selene: "Kittens are stored and secured," Selene confirmed with a nod. Looking up the stairs to the first sublevel, she saw another specimen await them on top. "Where did that one come from?"

Darren: "I don't know, and I don't care!" Darren aimed a shot at it to make it duck, "We are outta here!" He fired his thrusters and they flew up the stairs at a reasonable fraction of the speed of sound, the tendrils flailing after them.

Selene: Selene directed her floaty slabs of concrete to make them collide with the creatures trying to block their way. As they blasted through the tunnel towards the exit, she could see more and more of the inky things crawl out from the air ducts. "I think they're headed for the surface," she called out to Darren over the sound of his thrusters.

Darren: "Shit ... Lorna told us not to engage unless we had too ... and we've got the fuzzballs to worry about," God ... all this over kittens? If the guys back on base ever found out about this he'd never live it down.

Selene: They blasted out of the subway station and hovered above the street. There already were shadowy figured creeping around the buildings. "Looks like they're... migrating somewhere," Selene said after watching the infected spill our from the underground.

Darren: "Should we follow them?" Darren asked, watching them scurry across the city.

Selene: Selene took a deep breath as she spent a few seconds to come up with an answer. Then the squeaking of the kittens reminded her of where their priorities should lie. "This looks like something big," she said. "We should head back and inform the others first. And make sure the kittens are alright."

Darren: "... Yeah, let's head back to base ... and maybe see if we can find some kitten milk?" He opened the lid of the box and checked their charges ... the kittens were all cowering in one corner of the box and giving him big eyes, "... I mean, no one would loot a pet shop, right?"

Selene: "Not here, anyway," Selene agreed. "I won't guarantee anything the closer we come to New Jersey, though. Tanning-bed charred girls storming pet shops to loot rat-sized dogs..." She shuddered. "Alright, off to our glorious quest for the mystical kitten milk."

Darren: "... Oh God, I can see it in my mind!" Darren said as the zoomed off. As they left a hidden camera tracked thier movements, the origin of the broadcast that Darren had picked up.

Darren: And on the other end of the transmition someone muttered to themselves, "This is awesome freakin' gold!"
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

D'awwwwww

Got to love kitten and fighting
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Say hello to the kittens! Darren and Sel have even named them :shifty

They are, in order of left to right, Tank, Gannondorf, Widget, Dex-Starr and Pork Pie, the most badass kittens ever!
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

why does your kittens look more cuter than mine?
seftimiu
Lubber
Lubber

Post by seftimiu »

EEEEEEEEEEEE CUTENESS!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

DEX-STARR He kill, he good kitty?
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

steyn wrote:why does your kittens look more cuter than mine?
Your kittens are in a broken link steyn :(

EDIT: Awww! I can see them now ^-^

[Edited on 22/6/2011 by puppygirl]
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"