6/22 Instance: A Brief Debriefing

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

DrSummers: Scott took a deep breath and let it out. Now, this was nice. All his notes finished, all his reports done, and a good cup of coffee in his hands. He put his feet on his desk and leaned back in his chair. He had half an hour until his next appointment. He took the opportunity to have a well-deserved break.

Pietro: Pietro strode into the medlab, looking around for signs of Dr Summers. "Hello...?" he called, he figured it'd just be easier to make himself known.

DrSummers: Scott dropped his feet and took up a more professional posture. "I'm in here!" he called.

Pietro: Oh good, it was the one he was after. Pietro headed on over to the office, "Just the person I was looking for." he paused in the doorway, "I was wondering if I could speak to you about the other day."

DrSummers: "Sure," Scott smiled. "Good job, again, by the way. You did a lot, and I'm thankful for that, as are all the people you saved, I'm sure. Is there any injury that's gotten worse?"

Pietro: Pietro shook his head, taking a seat opposite the desk, "I rarely sustain injuries - I move too fast for most things to hit me.... this is actually about Illyana."

DrSummers: "Oh? I looked her over at your apartment, she was good other than a couple bruises and tired from over-exertion."

Pietro: "Yes she was. She slept for a full twenty-four hours after we got home. There is no way she should have pushed herself so much. She was showing signs of exhaustion before Jean-Paul went into that creature and she should have been allowed to rest but she felt pressured to carry on because of you."

DrSummers: Scott blinked, completely blindsided. "Excuse me?" He didn't know what he should address first, the tone or the statement. "Why are you here instead of her?" He finally managed to say. "I am sorry I missed the fact that she was pushing herself, but I am surprised that she didn't say anything at the time."

Pietro: "Of course she didn't say anything, you're an authority figure and she followed the orders you were giving out regardless of her own safety or comfort because that's how she is. It's the same reason I'm here instead of her, she wouldn't have this conversation with you even though it needs to be had."

DrSummers: Scott raised an eyebrow. Is she so weak that she can't stand up for herself at all? I'm just not that scary. I hand out twinkies and condoms, for Christ's sake! "Perhaps I should drop by and have this conversation with her, instead of going through a proxy," was all he said, though. "As it is her problem with me, and I would like to alleviate it."

Pietro: "It's not a problem with you specifically, I'm just concerned this could happen again. She's a very kind and giving person and she likes to make people happy, if she's given an order she will follow it. Under normal circumstances it's fine but in situations like that where there's sustained teleporting for an extended period of time it's dangerous. My only worry is for her health."

DrSummers: "I understand your concern, but I think I should have this conversation with Illyana herself."

Pietro: "Be my guest, once she is properly rested. I'll let her know you'd like to talk to her about this. She knows I'm here, by the way. I'm not going behind her back."

DrSummers: "It's been a few days, she should be just fine, if she's been resting this whole time." He suspected that Pietro was a bit like John from The Yellow Wallpaper, and that Illyana enjoyed the smothering attention. "I'll give her a call myself, thank you. She is my patient and I do have a responsibility to make sure she is all right. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Pietro."

Pietro: "No problem... just if something like that happens again, make sure you keep an eye on her and tell her to rest if she's been pushing herself." Pietro felt he needed to make that that point extra clear.

DrSummers: "I don't like your tone, Mr. Maximoff. As you pointed out earlier, I am an authority figure to her, and to you." He paused. "I seem to remember that you have more training than Illyana, and she would not have over exerted herself so much if all her team mates were pulling their weight."

DrSummers: "I do remember you just standing around watching her talk to Eddie, instead of applying the cures. I was counting on your speed to get more people than the rest of us, aside from Northstar. And I know with your speed you could have carried more rescued victims in the time it took me or Doug to grab one each."

DrSummers: "Besides, I don't see her over-exerting herself or not speaking up when she is too tired to continue on going on for much longer. Lorna will be whipping her into fighting shape and not coddling her as if she were spun glass."

Pietro: "As I pointed out to you, she is not inclined to voicing these things because she is generally more concerned with pleasing everyone else. And yes, of course I watched her when she went to talk to a mysterious figure on a faraway building. She is my fiancee and I was worried for her safety."

DrSummers: "She will have to learn to speak up, or she will be overlooked. When in the heat of combat, everyone is a cohesive group. If they are not, they can be killed, wounded or incapacitated. As her fiance, you might want to start helping her become more assertive and strong instead of continuing to let her be so subservient and meek."

DrSummers: Scott laced his fingers together and set his hands on his desk leaning forward. "I understand it feels good to have someone depend on you so completely, but if you were ever to not be there, she would be in trouble. And never think for one moment you will always be there. You are not infallible."

Pietro: "Believe me, I am working on building up her confidence and I have been training her in self defense since she came here a year ago. It is a work in progress - she comes from a very different culture. I'm not going to say I'm not guilty of trying to protect her but really what do you expect? You know my history over the past two and a half years here."

DrSummers: "If you can't control and compartmentalize your emotions in training and in the field alongside her then that is something you yourself should voice so we can make sure you aren't put into that position again. Will that be a problem Quicksilver?"

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow at the use of his codename, "I'd much rather be in a position where I can keep an eye on her in the field. I'm far less distracted when I know she's okay."

DrSummers: "It's not about which you would rather, it's about what you are capable of as part of a team for the future of mutants." He sighed. "Look, it boils down to being able to follow orders or not being part of it at all."

Pietro: "I am perfectly capable of following orders as long as they don't compromise my ethics or the safety of myself or people I care about."

DrSummers: "In that case we shouldn't have had any problems at all. Good day, Quicksilver." Scott sat back and picked up his coffee mug, watching the young man from behind his glasses.

Pietro: Pietro stood up and went to the door, getting the feeling that this probably wasn't the last time he'd be having this conversation with someone.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Great instance, you two! :)

Methinks Marvel should take pointers from JS on how to do a proper Scottums in a leadership role. :nodyes
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Illyana says she's going to hide from the scary condom giving man.
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Scott is not scary until he puts his glasses on. . .oh.

He's very nice, really.

Also, thank you Star! :D
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Yellow Wallpaper call out, for the win! Love that so much and fun times here.