6/24 Instance: Fanaticism and Fanservice

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

"It's almost a pity to paint over Adam's art. I do hope we got enough pictures of everything first, yes?" Jean-Paul was trying very much to not get himself covered in paint as he fixed up their current building. At least superspeed helped with that but still, paint tended to fly everywhere if one overdid that particular trick.

"I think there's enough pictures to wallpaper the city..." Tigra frowned at another piece of debris as she tried to work out if it was still good or should just go in the junk pile.

Jay was hovering a little above him, painting where the others couldn't reach, a cigarette dangling from his lips. "Plenty, trus' me. If not, can always ask Da- Warlock t' download his flights over d' city." He was aware they were being watched, but trying to remember codenames was hard. "Ain' gettin' y'all too covered down dere, am Ah?"

"If you were, you'd hear about it. Believe me." Tigra was not painting on the basis of the fact she was furry. Fur and paint did NOT mix.

Ronnie emerged from one of the recently re-opened shops, a bag in hand and then peered at what was happening in the streets ... the peasantry had finally started clean up, and they were peasants she knew too ... more of the damn stupid X-Men PR nonsense.

"Uh...more worried 'bout JP, darlin', he's right under me after all..." Jay gave her a smile. "Hate f' him to end up wit' even whiter hair."

He tried to ignore some of the titters from the crowd at that.

Oh yeah, names, shoot. He had to arch an eyebrow at the tittering the white comment brought up. "My hair is perfect and the white has nothing to do with going gray...just information."

"Well no. Ah'd jus' hate t' get anythin' in it. Ah know how long you took in d' shower dis mornin'."

"It'd be far easier for him to wash it out than it would for me." Tigra replied with a smirk, righting a car after fishing something else out from under it. "Oooh treasure!" She found a quarter.

Unfortunately she was required to walk past them to get any-wheres ... sighing she slipped somewhere out of sight and morphed into her blue form, adopting a similar uniform. Now according to Jason the mangy little cat was onside, the two gays were potentials, so she'd best try and keep things sweet. Letting the bag be absorbed into her thigh she walked forwards towards them

"Hey," Oh god ... manual labour, Jason had better thank her for this, "need ... any help?" Uuuuuuuugh there was paint and dust.

"You know I purposefully use up all of the hot water for you and the others." He informed his roommate, flicking a bit of paint up at him. "Hey Mystique, yeah, there's loads to do, pick a job and go for it."

"Could perhaps supervising be a job?" Ronnie asked hopefully, there were a few snickers from the crowd of onlookers ... typical human rabble, just standing there to watch, lazy.

Jay looked up. "Feathers're worse. Trus' me. Hey Mystique! An' Northstar, you do dat an' you know Ah'm jus' gonna cuddle y'all if Ah get cold. Havin' cold wings wrapped around ya ain' all dat nice, Ah'm told." He winked, metal one chiming as he landed for a break, the constant hovering making his back ache. "We seem t' have an audience, guys." He said quietly.

"Hmm...? Oh yeah... they've been there a while...." Tigra shrugged.

"What can I say, I have fans." Jean-Paul dropped his voice for that but did 'timidly' wave at the crowd, grinning. "Cuddling, hmm? I wasn't aware you were that type."

"Yes, you would think the slack-jawed, cow-eyed chattel would offer to help, enough that you saved their city for them, now you're cleaning it up? Next they'll be complaining to you all that their neighbours are letting their dogs bark all night." Ronnie muttered lowly too the group.

"Ah am if y'all make me cold. Ugh. Ah hate codenames." He lit another cigarette off the butt of the first, stretching out his wings to the appreciation of what appeared to be his fans. "...Ah ain't even been seen before t'day, why've Ah got-" he spotted a couple of mutants in the crowd he recognised. "...Oh."

"Eh let them watch, they're not doing any harm...." she eyed the pile of junk and looked for something to put it in, "Uh... be right back I need... something...." she wandered off.

"I hope you both realise that this," she indicated the crowd with a subtle wave of her hand, "isn't going to last, and now that you've made yourselves known you'll be the targets when things inevitably swing back."

"Oh what, Icarus?" Jean-Paul flew up closer to him. "And I'm pretty sure they've been clearing stuff away as well. There's all sorts of crews working. Apparently there's some sort of press conference celebration tomorrow."

He looked to Mystique. "We were targets before, weren't we? We might as well enjoy some good while we can, and at least this will show some people we aren't what they thought of us before, right?"

"Humans have short attention spans and even shorter memories, mark my words this will only bring ill fortune."

He arched an eyebrow to Jay, a bit confused as he dropped his voice. "Since when were human attention spans and memories different from ours?"

Jay simply shrugged at Raven. "Good always comes wit' bad, it happens." He grinned around his cigarette before dropping his voice for JP. "Dere's mutants in dat crowd. Ah seem t' have groupies. Same as you, apparently." He pointed at a screeching and flailing girl that was screaming something about her tits and JP signing them.

"Since we became better than them," Ronnie said, though she couldn't help but chuckle at Jean-Paul's fangirl.

"Heeey, we ain't better'n dem, ami. None of dis 'superior' shit, eh?" Jay frowned a little as he carried on painting. "We're jus' d' same, jus' wit' extra appendages sometimes. Not more intelligen' or shit."

Tigra came back with what looked like the back of some kind of pick up truck and started piling junk into it. It would have been nice if the truck had still had wheels, but apparently looters really would steal anything so just the back part would have to do.

"I'll tell Re-Mr. Fantastic and Warlock you said that then."

He gave Ronnie a funny look, to be certain. "Yeah, what Icarus here said." He did look curious, wondering why on earth Raven was spouting all that.

"Why would they say anything different?" Reed had never made Jean-Paul think he thought like that, anyway.

"Well, they're both certainly more intelligent than any human, hmm? And how about you two? How many boys dream of flying? How many are jealous of your abilities and resent you for them? We covet that which is better than our own lot, doesn't that as a race make us better?"

Tigra was still collecting things but her ears were focused on eavesdropping on the conversation the others were having.

... Mr. Fantastic? Really ... who came up with these names?

"They're brilliant but there's plenty of other people just as brilliant that don't have any powers, yes? And there will always be people who are resentful and jealous whether there are powers involved or not."

"Plenty resent, ami, but den Ah used to resent kids dat could walk." Jay said mildly. "Jus' 'cause dey could walk an' Ah couldn't didn't mean dey were better'n me." He carried on painting. "What's dis 'race' bullshit? Ah dunno 'bout y'all, but Ah'm still firs' grade human." He switched hands with his roller. "Personally, Ah'm jealous of a few guys for bein' better lookin' den me. Dat make 'em superior to me?"

"Were d' kids who could run when Ah was wheelchair-bound 'superior' to me?" He gave Raven an amused look. "Hmm?"

Ronnie gave a small laugh, "Oh haven't you heard, we won't be 'human' for much longer?"

"Oh dat. 'Course Ah know dat. But Ah don't care. Ah'm still not superior to 'em."

"So are you inferior then?" Ronnie arched an eyebrow ridge.

"I don't see that there is any gradable level at all. The more people go on about us and them the more problems there will be."

Jay had spent most of the time over Christmas to now shipping mutants to escape the persecution of humans. Sometimes he himself wondered how the hell he didn't regard humans as slightly more intelligent apes, but...he could remember a time he'd been considered human. "Ah know what Ah am, and it's happy. Ah'm equal. Dat's all Ah wanna be, too.â€
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

"OMG!! I spent like, HOURS on this. THey looked SOOOOOO CUTE together!!!!1 I mean, they're so aweomse and totally in love and when Icarus pinned him againt the wall OMG OMG OMG so cuuuuuutttte. Comment and fave!!!!1"

Comment Below:

~PiXiE-St1XxXxXx

OMG AGREED this is so awesome ur so talents sooo jealous!!

~RaiWilemJohnson

FAKE AND GAY

~PiXiE-St1XxXxXx

OMG ur jus jelous shut up homophobe

~RaiWilemJohnson

No...seriously. It's photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels. Also, lower grade of picture for the Icarus...you know, I don't think she even drew these. That and...you know, two guys, so yeah, it's gay too.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

:*D
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

So, so much love.