7/1 Instance: A Boy and his Robot

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

7/1 Instance: A Boy and his Robot

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Eddie: "Whi-ch takes us to the lounge!", Eddie smiled, "Let's see: Wii, 360, PS3, for some ungodly reason, there's a Dreamcast...", he surveyed the room with his finger, "Kitchen is through there, which is our next stop!"

Eddie: "Anything you'd like to ask?", Eddie turned to Takashi.

Penny: Ducked underneath the windowsill, Penny occasionally leaned up to take a careful peek over the edge, warily watching the outside world around the mansion. Her pointy hair lay tightly against her head, a sign of great tension. She seemed to pay no attention to the other people inside the room.

Calvin: "What games do we have? And how is online access out here?" Takashi curiously looked at the consoles. He only had agreed to come here if he could actually learn more things than back in Japan, AND if Internet access was able. He intended to makre sure repeatedly.

Calvin: Over their shoulders and through one of the windows a giant robotic eyes peered into the mansion, proving that Hobbes, kneeling outside, was curious about Takashi's, aka. Calvin's, and his new home.

Eddie: "Right, 'net access is virtually unlimited.", Eddie explained. "I've never had any issues with conenctivity, though I assume we have more than one router...", he pondered to himself a moment. "Game-wise, it's whatever people bring with them: I keep a tally on what we have-slash-need in my room..."

Lorna: "Oh, hello, giving the tour, are we?" Lorna waved as she popped in the opposite way, coming up from the depths of the basement. "How are you finding things so far?"

Calvin: "This is an incredibly big house. Not big enough to fit Hobbes, though." He pointed at the huge peering eye.

Eddie: Eddie turned to the window, and more importantly, to the large looming figure beyond. "Ah....true. Although we could think of something; maybe we could fit him in the hangar?"

Lorna: "Either that or we're going to have to house him in the woods somewhere. The hangar might be easiest." She looked back to the eye, not sure if that was cool or creepy.

Eddie: "Wow, do you think he'd fit on the bottom of the Blackbird?", Eddie mused, his eyes wandering. "Like a secret-super-robot torpedo..."

Calvin: "He doesn't mind staying outside. I built him a giant metal water lily leaf to use as an umbrella when it rains." He turned around to Hobbes. "Or do you want to go into the hangar? Maybe I could finally build you that bed I promised?" A huge head nodded approvingly.

Calvin: "What is she doing, by the way?" His finger and the huge eye both pointed at Penny.

Lorna: "...awwww." That was precious! "I'm not sure the landing gear will go up and down with him, we'll have to check out that possiblility."

Eddie: Eddie shrugged. "Truth? She's probably scared out of her mind..."

Pietro: Pietro heard voices in the rec room and picked up his sandwich and coffee, carrying them through the door backwards. He paused to do a double-take at the robot thing outside. "... New student?" he looked over at the other occupants of the room.

Eddie: "Could only be.", Eddie smirked.

Penny: Penny's eyed widened when a metal giant looked right back at her. After a moment of staying frozen in place, she ducked back under the window to hide from it. Cowering down, she turned and spotted the others nearby.

Lorna: "It's all right, Penny, we're not fighting giants now."

Pietro: Pietro set his food down on the table and sat down, giving Penny a small wave and a smile.

Calvin: Hobbes gently tapped the window with his huge finger to get Penny to come back up again.

Penny: Picking up her little chalkboard, she hastily scribbled some words on it and held it up for the other students to see. "Don't panic, but there's a giant robot on the lawn outside. I think it knows we're here."

Calvin: "Hello, yes, I am Takashi Matsuya, please call me Calvin." He bowed at Pietro.

Eddie: "This guy has a giant robot!", Eddie squeed, pointing to the window.

Pietro: "Oh, nice to meet you. My name's Pietro." He gave the new guy a smile, "Don't worry, Penny, I think we're safe."

Penny: Tilting her head backwards, Penny came face-to-finger with the metallic giant. She also noticed that apparently it wasn't trying to smash her - yet. Turing around again, she carefully leaned up to take another look outside.

Lorna: "I think Hobbes likes you, as well." Lorna grinned at Penny. "So, have you seen most of the school yet?"

Calvin: "This is Hobbes. He isn't a tiger, though. Say hello, Hobbes." A giant hand waved.

Calvin: "I have seen this room, my room, and other rooms of varrying measurements, yes. Eddie here wanted to show me the 'fun' parts."

Penny: Penny flinched barely, instead marvelling at the giant robot waving at them. The others seemed right - it didn't appear mean or dangerous at all. With a fain smile on her lips, she raised a hand and waved back at.

Calvin: Hobbes snapped into an upright position and bowed...well, basically at the mansion.

Eddie: "I am SO good at being helpful at the moment...", Eddie vocally patted himself on the back.

Lorna: "That you are! Usually taking people to the fun parts means down to the DR for holographic softcore."

Penny: Turning to look at the others, she was so eager to write down her words that the letters ended up all wavy and uneven. "His name is Hobbes? He's not mean and stompy? And he belongs to you?" She eyed the new student, before adding another line. "Who are you, anyway?"

Calvin: "So, you are Eddie, obviously, Lorna, and now I know...uhm...Penny. And you are?" He looked at the boy that had come out of what seemed to be the kitchen.

Pietro: "Pietro," He said again.

Calvin: "I am Calvin, pleased to meet you." He bowed at Pietro and then Penny. "Also, Hobbes doesn't belong to me. He is my friend."

Pietro: "... He's a robot." Pietro looked between Calvin and Hobbes.

Penny: Penny gave the new student a curious and scrutinising look, before a smile played over her lips. "Hello, Calvin," she wrote down next, much more readable this time as she wasn't in such a hurry. "Nice to meet you! And your friend, too!"

Eddie: "Oh, so Hobbes is....like...tha film, the Iron Giant?", Eddie asked, scratching his head. "Fun Fact: it was Vin Disel in that film, you know!"

Penny: "I think he's a nice robot," Penny tossed in, showing Pietro her sign. "Like Danger. He didn't try to smash me."

Calvin: Hobbes, on his knees again, waved one more time at Penny. "No, I think not. I tried to build a Gundam. But he came alive."

Pietro: Danger and nice. Two words that didn't belong in the same sentence.

Eddie: Eddie pointed at Penny. "I trust the non-genocidal ones, that Cylon is still half-and-half in my book...", he turned back to Calvin, "Hold on, he was an accident?"

Eddie: "Wow, that was rude...", Eddie corrected himself, "Sorry, I mean, he wasn't intentionally bought to life?"

Calvin: Calvin scratched his chin. "I think he was. He just needed a body. As soon as I had built one, he moved in."

Eddie: "Technopathic? Awesome..."

Penny: Looking back over her should, Penny returned the wave, this time with a grin on her face. "I think I like him," she wrote down for the others. "Can I climb him?"

Pietro: "Be careful with those claws if you do, Penny...." Pietro sipped his coffee.

Calvin: Hobbes gave her a thumbs-up. "You can ask him directly, please." He smiled at her and bowed.

Eddie: Eddie shook his head and laughed. "That is so cool...I mean, a REAL robot! Not that I sell Darren short, of course: that's like picking Optimus Prime over Megaman..."

Calvin: ((We all know Optimus Prime is better :3))

Penny: "I promise I will!" Penny had barely scribbled the response when she bounded off to the window and opened it. Grinning at Hobbes, she waved again, before carefully climbing up on the giant hand the robot held out for her.

Pietro: Pietro smiled and shook his head, watching Penny.

Calvin: Hobbes did a few Kamen Raider poses with the girl on top of him.

Calvin: "She is a funny girl, yes?"

Pietro: Pietro shrugged a little, "She's just... Penny..."

Eddie: "'Funny' is the right word...", Eddie smirked, ammused by the action outside.

Penny: Penny posed and tumbled on top of the giant robot, a wide grin on her face, thoroughly enjoying herself even though she almost fell off a few times. Eventually she managed to get the claws of one foot accidentally stuck in a crevice on Hobbes's shell and dangled upside-down.

Calvin: "This is an interesting place. I hope I will see more people like me here in the USA." He nodded to himself. "And other Americans. I want to try steak and burgers."

Penny: Holding up her little chalkboard, it read the word "Help?" - unreadable until she decided to turn it around.

Eddie: "Ah...ye-eah...", Eddie turned around, "You, of course, realize that the super-robot may not be able to visit Maccies with you, right? They love us, but not that much..."

Calvin: Hobbes just opened the hatch in his chest to let Penny get free again.

Calvin: "I understand. Hobbes prefers tuna anyway."

Pietro: "I'm sure there's steak in the kitchen if you want to try that here."

Penny: Penny dropped from the robot's chest and fell right into one of the rose bushes surrounding the mansion. She emerged from the plant with twigs and leaves stuck to her hair and a big grin on her lips. "This was fun!"

Calvin: "Is it a three pound steak? I have heard a lot about big steaks."

Eddie: With another smile, Eddie nodded. "Yeah...that reminds me: how to get Hobbes into the hangar...", he pondered to himself for a moment. Teleporters?

Pietro: "I doubt there's one that big in there... restaurant's probably your best bet for that..." He smiled at Penny, "You, er... have... something... in your hair..."

Calvin: "I can build something. Basic machinations are easy, only the more complicated robots blow up." He had brought a few cyber squids along to improve on the design. "I could make the hangar lift and descend to make space for Hobbes to enter?"

Eddie: Eddie nodded again. "Maybe...yeah, that'd be cool. Have to ask some people about it first but, yeah, good call."

Penny: Penny climbed back inside and began picking the pieces of rose bush from her hair.

Pietro: Pietro got up to help Penny with the bits she couldn't see.

Calvin: "And I could make the hangar move around with us wherever we go..." He pulled out a notebook and started to scribble on it. "I think hydraulic legs are the best way to go. And solar panels for energy..."

Pietro: "I think Hobbes would draw less attention than a walking hangar...."

Eddie: "Whoa, whoa...", Eddie raised his hands, "Dude, we're not trying to create 'Takashi's Walking Castle', bro...", he grinned.

Penny: "Maybe we can build him a big tent he can sit under when it rains," Penny suggested.

Pietro: "There you go, leaf-free." Pietro smiled at Penny.

Calvin: Calvin already had descended into the world of numbers and calculations, though. So he only paid partial attention to the ongoing discussion, resulting in the absentminded statement. "The waterlilly leaf turn into a giant axe, though..."

Penny: Penny smiled up at Pietro and signed a quick 'Thank you' at him.

Eddie: "Well, this is all something to suggest.", Eddie shrugged. "And upgrades to weaponry are a definite extra-curricular activity we can look at."

Pietro: Pietro turned his head to stare at Calvin for a moment, "The water lily leaf does what now?"

Eddie: "I was thinking some kind of laser blaster from the hand...", Eddie nodded, scratching his chin.

Calvin: "Uh?" He blinked at Pietro. "An axe? Like Optimus Prime?"

Pietro: "Yeeeah... probably want to keep that quiet around the staff....."

Eddie: "Actually...", Eddie checked the time. "Damn! Knew I'd over-shoot. Uh, Cal? Is it ok if I leave you here to teach Pietro why he's lame for not knowing anything about Transformers?"

Pietro: He raised an eyebrow at Eddie, "Might want to start with why I should care I'm lame for not knowing anything about them."

Eddie: Eddie shook his head, "Oh, Pietro. This is why my existence is epic, and yours is mundane!", he winked. "Anyway, I'm gonna be late so I need to jet. You kids play safe now, and Penny? Just...don't anyone let her out of their sight..."

Calvin: "I think I would like to eat before we continue, would that be okay, Pietro?"

Pietro: "Mundane? I'm the one that's engaged, thanks." He picked up his empty plate and coffee cup, "Sure we can eat, kitchen's just through there." he gestured at the door with his plate.

Penny: "We can cook something together," Penny suggested, looking rather excited at the prospect of chopping up foodstuff. "Then we give you a tour around the whole mansion."

Eddie: Eddie gave the group a casual salute as he wandered off to get dressed up. "Later on, losers."

Calvin: "Excellent!" He motioned towards the kitchen, and Hobbes walked around the corner of the mansion in order to follow the going-ons in the kitchen.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen