7/3 Instance: Curt Needs a Girl like Johnny Needs an A in Ph

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

7/3 Instance: Curt Needs a Girl like Johnny Needs an A in Ph

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Next it'll be Timmy in the Well

Curt: Curt ran into the kitchen, completely naked, and slammed the door behind him. It was pouring rain outside, thunder and lightning, and Curt was drenched. He wrapped his one arm around him and cursed to himself. "Fuck... fuck... fuck..." he tried to wash blood off of his shins and fore arm, (the latter being slightly difficult with only one arm).

Curt: "Crap!" He bent down to the cabinet next to the washing machine and reached far into it, pulling out a pair of shorts and a tee shirt. Spares. He had them everywhere at this point. With glasses in the fruit bowl. Thunderstorms... they left Lizard a bit unpredictable...

Johnny: Johnny stopped in the doorway, ignoring the fact that the kitchen door had hit him in the back, as he took in the sight before him, much to his displeasure, "Dude! Really?"

Curt: Curt yelped in fear and flashed a fanged mouth of surprise and thin yellow eyes to Johnny. "Don't ssstartle me!" He warned.

Johnny: He glanced over his shoulder to what he could see of the hallway, considering just slowly backing out and forgetting about the tea he wanted. "To be fair... You totally startled me first. I don't expect to walk in on naked guys in the kitchen..."

Curt: "Yeah... I know, sorry..." Curt said as his other self subsided. "Jeez... these thunderstorms really put my other side on edge... He had me running around out there trying to kill rabbits and stuff! I mean, jeez mate I'm not your taste tester!"

Curt: Curt frowned. "It wasn't until a thunderstorm hit that I realized if I panic, I let him in, and I don't even need to be transformed for him to take over a little bit. Tad scary, y'know what I mean?"

Johnny: "...I'm not sure whether the rabbits thing or the eating out of the trash thing is worse," Johnny commented as decided he'd even brave a naked guy for tea, averting his gaze until Curt had pulled the rest of his clothes on as he crossed the room. "But, yeah... The lizard side is definitely scary. Well, it might be a bit scarier if it didn't fear me."

Curt: "I think he likes you, he just doesn't like flamey-version." Curt commented with an attempt at a chipper tone. "Honestly, it's hard to imagine anything with that kind of a fractured, animalistic mind could be okay with a flamed out human. No 'ffense, mate."

Curt: Curt sat in the stool and groaned. "Everything aches... I hate this. There's gotta be some kind of medication they make for bad transformations in a mutant..."

Johnny: "It's okay. I'm just as awesome without the flames," he grinned and grabbed a mug, holding it up in offering, "Want a cup?"

Curt: "Sure, thanks mate." He said gratefully. "I still can't figure out how your skin doesn't burn off. It'd be one thing if it burns away and then reforms, but you don't seem to have any tissue damage whatsoever... it boggles my mind."

Johnny: Once he had the mugs together, he used his powers to heat the kettle and gave a shrug, pulling a slight face, "Guess I got lucky now that you mention that bit. Could you imagine the peeling?"

Curt: "Probably worse than when I find my room covered in lizard-flakes. The moron sheds in my bed and then Wade does ... Lord knows what with them. I think he put them on his Corn Flakes once... scrunched them up and sprinkled them on. But I don't think he actually ate it, ... 'least I hope not."

Johnny: "Yeah, sounds like an awful game of would you rather..." he shuddered a bit as he placed a mug in front of Curt and took a seat himself.

Curt: "Johnny, can I ask you a question?" He asked, staring into his mug. "And it might be a bit personal but... I feel like I can trust you with something I want to say ... and so I hope you would trust me..."

Johnny: Johnny was still trying to decide which he would rather eat when it came to Lizard or Wade flakes, so he was slightly taken aback by the question. He just warily eyed Curt as he considered his answer, eventually going with, "...You actually want to trust me with something?"

Curt: Regretting his statement, Curt looked deeper into his mug. "... If that's okay with you?"

Johnny: "No, no... It's fine," he quickly reassured, adding after a sip, "People just don't often trust me with things. Anyway, go ahead."

Curt: "Okay... well... Ha-... have you ever been with a woman?" Curt realized as soon as he said it 1) he immediately gave away what his follow up thought would be "I haven't/I have and I don't know if I like it" (neither of which is good for a new friend), and 2) He was assuming Johnny was straight.

Curt: "Oh! Or a guy! I mean... if that's how you swing mate, y'know? No one cares! Not I, at least."

Johnny: He immediately put the pieces together, attempting to keep the smug grin off his face and most likely failing. "Well, yeah, definitely. ...Not on the swinging the other way part. For the first question."

Curt: Curt felt like an ass. Of course he had, look at him! Johnny looked like he had just walked off the beach somewhere in the pacific and was taking a quick break from his surfboard to get a fresh Corona. And that was all the time. The guy was a chick-magnet. And Curt... well...

Curt: "I hate to ask this but... do you think you can help me get a girlfriend? I mean... I know maybe you have had some really great relationships, but you also seem like the kind of guy who just knows what a girl thinks... or maybe I'm just a crackpot. But I can't go to one of the girls, they spread messages telepathically."

Curt: "And I don't mean with mutant powers either." Curt added flatly. "They're like hive minded or something. If one of 'em knows I haven't ... y'know... they all do! And mate, I just want to find a nice girl. I'm not even concerned with the sex part. NotthatIwouldn'ttakeit. I'm just saying..." His eyes darted every which way and he rubbed the stump that was his arm.

Johnny: "Man, it's too bad you couldn't have come with JP, Reed, and I... We totally could've had the girls decide which nerd was the better looking," Johnny grinned, taking a gulp of tea. He shook his head and gave a small shrug, "Totally haven't had any relationships really, but I guess I can help find someone. Any criteria? If not, I'd come up with some. It's good to have some standards."

Curt: "Well... not stupid. Not mean. Someone who sort of... y'know, genuinely cares?" Curt thought for a moment. He wasn't going to name any names but he did have some people in mind. "And I don't care about physical mutations. Hell, I'd be one to judge y'know?"

Johnny: "Soooo... Feelings over looks," he paused as he made a mental note, nodding, "Got it."

Curt: "Well,... I don't want a Blob either y'know!" Curt said quickly. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose with his finger and stopped halfway. "Gotta stop doing that... I need contacts..."

Johnny: "Well, that's an important fact. What do you want as far as looks?" Johnny rolled his eyes and considered Curt's appearance, "Nerdy or geeky could work. I mean, some girls might go for it. And basing that on the fact that Reed was swamped with girls while we were doing autographs."

Curt: "Yes! Geeky girls! Girls who like comic books! Batman! Doctor Who! Or Speed Racer!" Curt got excited at the thoughts of sitting down with a girl and agreeing about whether or not Speed Racer the movie should have been in 3-D or not.

Johnny: Doctor Who was completely lost on Johnny, but he did know Batman was badass and Speed Racer had awesome cars. "Okay, got geeky."

Curt: "Awesome! And likes to keep up in the news! I don't care if she has different opinions --.. Okay maybe I do, but I want her to sorta... not be ignorant y'know? Does that qualify as intelligent? I guess I already said that. Also, no crazy religious nonsense. I'm a scientist, I can't spend my life defending my beliefs and ask someone I love to do the same against me."

Curt: "Does that make sense?" He asked again. He really felt like he was setting the bar a little high.

Johnny: He nodded again and decided to tick off what he had to make sure it was right, "Cute, geeky, relatively smart, caring, somewhat opinionated... Anything else?

Curt: He pondered. Johnny just listed pretty much every criteria... OH! "Yeah! She can't be afraid of The Lizard. I mean... I know that's asking a lot... but he thinks he's dominant. She needs to be able to stand up to it. Sort of why I want to have a mutant as a girlfriend... as a partner really. I'm afraid I'd really hurt a girl with no way to defend herself..." (Also the sex could get kinky too, but he kept that thought to himself).

Johnny: "Good with mutants or one herself," Johnny said aloud as he added it to his mental list, trying to figure out if he already knew anyone or would have to search. "I'll get on that." It would prove to be a nice challenge.

Curt: Curt felt so moved that Johnny would consider him enough of a friend to do this for him, that he suddenly had the overwhelming need to reach over the table and hug him. "Thanks! Mate, you're a real friend!"

Johnny: Surprised by the hug, Johnny awkwardly patted Curt on the back, "Not a problem. I mean, if it wasn't so awful outside, I'd say we could go out now. But yeah, I'll definitely keep an eye out for someone."

Curt: Resting back in his stool, Curt felt the weight of the world off his shoulders now. "Boy, that really helps me man... I'm glad you got my back like this. If I can do anything for you, please let me know!"

Johnny: He thought the offer over, eventually grinning, "Well, I'm not really good with science..." Curt could probably fill in the blank from there.

Curt: Putting out his hand for a shake, Curt responded with "Deal. I'll tutor you."

Johnny: "Sweet!" Johnny reached out to shake the offered hand. No more failing for him!