7/9 Instance: A Ring Of Truth

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

Illyana: Illyana snuggled with Pietro a bit as they stepped into Tiffany and Co. to look at wedding bands for him. She was a bit intimidated by the store, but others had assured her that this was the place to go.

Pietro: Pietro smiled at her, pressing a kiss to her cheek as they walked, "You okay there?"

Illyana: "This place is just... fancy."

Pietro: He laughed a little, "I would've thought you'd be used to this kind of thing by now."

Illyana: Illyana elbowed him a bit and blushed. "Not quite."

Pietro: He grinned, giving her a quick hug, releasing her when a sales assistant breezed in their direction.

Terry: "Good afternoon! Is there anything I can help you with?" He beamed his pearly-whites at the couple.

Illyana: Illyana looked up to smile at the man. "We're looking for a wedding band for my fiance."

Pietro: Pietro managed a smile, even though the inane grin was slightly unnerving.

Terry: "Ah! And this is the lucky guy, I assume!" the grin remained, "Excellent!" he clapped his hands together, "Follow me! I'm sure we can find something to your tastes!" he swept an arm out indicating which way they should go.

Illyana: Illyana suppressed her giggle and went the way indicated, keeping Pietro close.

Pietro: Pietro wanted to run the other way, there was something terrifying about the perkiness of this individual but he couldn't put his finger on it.

Terry: The assistant sashayed his way behind the counter and turned on the smile again, "Well now, what metal did you want it to be made out of and we can get started."

Illyana: Illyana glanced to Pietro, then showed the man her ring. "Something to go with this... but it needs to be sturdy..."

Terry: "So something in silver or white gold?" He looked between the couple, "Right this way!" he gestured them along the counter to the relevant section.

Pietro: Pietro glanced at Illyana, both eyebrows raised, then followed the man.

Illyana: Illyana had to hide her mouth behind her hand to keep from laughing.

Terry: "Now you just tell me what you like and I'll take it out for you so you can have a better look at it," he smiled again.

Pietro: "Right... thanks..." Pietro mumbled.

Illyana: Illyana squeezed his hand and looked with him. "Do you want something simple, or with designs, or diamonds?"

Pietro: "I think something simple... maybe we can get it engraved though..."

Illyana: "What should we put on it? Maybe something in Russian?"

Pietro: "Maybe... let's choose it first and think about engraving it later... something like that should mean something special."

Terry: "Aww how romantic!" Terry crooned.

Illyana: Illyana smiled softly at Pietro and nodded, keeping back some happy tears.

Pietro: Pietro frowned and pointed out a couple to have a closer look at.

Terry: Terry whipped them out with a flourish and set them in a line for easy comparison.

Illyana: "Mmmm I like those two..." Illyana pointed to two of them.

Pietro: Pietro nodded, inspecting them some more.

Terry: Terry leaned over the counter to Illyana, "I see he's the strong silent type?"

Illyana: Illyana smiled at her sweetheart. "You got it."

Terry: Terry beamed at her, "And is the young lady looking for a wedding band for herself? We have some lovely sets."

Illyana: "Well... do you have anything that matches my ring?"

Terry: Terry took her hand to inspect the ring closely, turning it this way and that, "I think we can find something!" he smiled at her, "I'll be right back!" He wandered off to go and have a look.

Pietro: Pietro watched him go with obvious relief. "That guy is scary..."

Illyana: "He's just... energetic."

Staci: As the young, blonde reporter stopped by Tiffany's to gaze longingly at the rings, she couldn't believe her eyes. "Oh my gosh!" She ran into the store and to the couple. "You are the mutant couple! The x-men that were kissing aren't you!"

Pietro: Pietro cringed. Oh God. This was worse than the crazy salesman... he checked to make sure he wasn't coming back yet. That'd just be awful. He turned to look at the woman, superspeed was helpful when you were trying to avoid offending people. "... Hi...."

Illyana: Illyana was scared of admitting the truth. She clung to Pietro's arm, hiding behind him a bit.

Staci: "Oh my GOSH I can't believe this! It is you isn't it!?"

Pietro: "I..." he looked at Illyana somewhat apologetically, "Yeah..."

Staci: "Oh my gosh oh my gosh can I have a picture! And can I put you in my article?!"

Pietro: "Uh... What's the article about...?"

Staci: "Why you two of course! When is the wedding?"

Pietro: Oh God. "Why do you want to write an article about-" he trailed off as the mad sales assistant showed up again.

Terry: "I found the most perfect set for you!" he announced proudly.

Staci: "EVERYONE wants to write about you two!!!!"

Pietro: "Really?" That was news to him. "Why?"

Terry: Terry could feel a pout coming on. They weren't paying attention to him! "Excuse me!"

Illyana: Illyana looked to Terry. "Can I see?" She asked softly.

Staci: "Because of the kisses at the liberation! You two are the elusive couple everyone is trying to get an interview with!"

Terry: "Of course!" He smiled at Illyana, opening the box with the rings in for her perusal.

Pietro: "Well... there's probably a reason for that... we don't really do interviews...." he ran a hand through his hair. At least Illyana was distracting Mr. Perky.

Staci: "What if I don't give many details and I stick to your code names?"

Pietro: "I can't really...." he needed Illyana for something like this, it was not up to him. "One second...." he moved back over to Illyana. "The crazy reporter lady wants an interview," he whispered to her.

Terry: Terry looked over at the woman who was stealing his attention and then at the couple, tapping his chin. Something was suspicious!

Illyana: Illyana couldn't stop her deer in the headlights look from coming over her face. She looked to the reporter... then to Pietro. "Excuse us please sir, we need to talk for a moment. But I like these... can you find some more similar to them?"

Terry: "Of course I can, honey!" he sparkled at her again, then it dawned on him, "Oh! Oh! You're them!" He flapped spectacularly. People were going to be so jealous!!

Pietro: Pietro just about managed not to facepalm. He quickly steered Illyana away from the counter.

Illyana: "Peeto people will know!" Illyana whispered to him.

Pietro: "I know, I know. But people know our faces already, we've been all over tv since that thing in central park - there are t-shirts and everything. We don't have to tell her anything we don't want to... which includes our real names."

Illyana: "....t-shirts?!"

Pietro: "Yeah... don't ask...." he scrubbed his face with his hands and raked his fingers through his hair, "I just want you to be happy, Illyana. We won't do anything you don't want to do, okay?" He kissed her forehead.

Illyana: "Pietro, what is best for us? If people know anyway... why not give us some positive publicity while we can?"

Pietro: "If you're okay with it I don't see the harm," he smiled at her, "And you know I'll always protect you so you have nothing to fear."

Illyana: Illyana smiled and nodded. "I know." She took his hand and led him back to Staci. "The wedding is in May... it'll be really small, family only."

Staci: "OHHH HOW ROMANTIC!!!!" Staci got to scribbling notes.

Pietro: Pietro smiled at her, giving her hand a squeeze.

Terry: Terry returned with more treasure and waited as patiently as he could.

Illyana: Illyana inspected the rings and paired them with her current ring to see how they would look. "What do you think?" She asked everyone.

Pietro: Pietro looked, it was nice.... but he should probably pick a better word than nice. "Good..." probably could have done better than that too.

Terry: "Ooooh that looks charming!"

Pietro: And he'd been one-upped by the mad salesman. Lovely.

Illyana: Illyana beamed at them all. "I think it matches rather well."

Staci: Staci nodded her head. "It looks just right!"

Pietro: Pietro smiled at Illyana, "Shall we go with those?"

Illyana: Illyana nodded. "I think we found what we want."

Terry: "Excellent!" He gave them another dazzling smile, "Now I suppose we need to make sure we get the right ring sizes for you both."

Illyana: Illyana smiled and nodded.

Pietro: Pietro patiently endured the torture that was Terry and his sparkles as he made notes and things then watched him vanish off again. Pietro put his arms around Illyana when the flourish of activity was over.

Staci: Staci giggled and headed out the door. "Keep an eye on the papers!"

Illyana: Illyana clung to Pietro and sighed. What had just happened?

Pietro: Pietro looked down at her, "You okay?"

Illyana: Illyana nodded. "What just happened?"

Pietro: "I don't know..." he shook his head, "I think I need a cup of tea and a sit down... you?"

Illyana: Illyana nodded. "Me too."

Pietro: "Okay... let's pay when... Terry comes back and then we can go find somewhere to hide." he gave her a squeeze.

Illyana: "Yes... hide... with cake?"

Pietro: "Yes cake... I was going to suggest cake. You read my mind."

Illyana: "That isn't one of my powers." She teased him, kissing his cheek.

Pietro: He laughed, hugging her again and pressing a kiss into her hair, "Are you sure?"

Illyana: "Positive!" She giggled, breathing him in momentarily.

Terry: "Aww that is just precious!" Terry beamed at them, "I have your rings here, do you want to take them now? We do offer an engraving service in this store....?"

Illyana: Illyana looked up at Pietro.

Pietro: "We'll take them now... we can always bring them back when we think of something." Pietro was determined not to get Terry again if they came back.

Terry: "No problem, handsome!" he swept an arm out to gesture them to the till.

Illyana: Illyana squeezed Pietro's hand and walked that way.

Pietro: Pietro walked to the register with her and paid for the rings, waiting for Terry to finish wrapping them up and doing whatever the hell else he was doing to the box. He did manage a smile when Terry finally handed it over, "Thank you."

Terry: "Oh no no, thank you. You made my day!" Another sparkling smile.

Illyana: Illyana smiled. "Have a great day."

Terry: He waggled his fingers at them in a wave as they walked away... then whipped his phone out to tell the world who he just served!

Pietro: Pietro hurried Illyana out of the store, happy to be out in the fresh air again. Thank God he only had to do that once.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

>< lol
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

It's so fun to make Pietro flail. hehehe!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean