7/15 Instance: Fish Fry

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/15 Instance: Fish Fry

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

Jason came prepared, a bucket of fish in one hand and his laptop in the other to serve as translator when his limited Spanish failed him and Rose's English failed her. He stepped onto the roof, holding the door open with his back for her to come up as well. "It's been a while since I've been fishing, but at least when I failed there was a market handy."

Rose raised her eyebrow at him. "You caught them?" She came on through the door and went to the edge of the railing to get a good view of their surroundings.

"'Them' is giving me too much credit. Some. When you are back at the school you shall have to ask Monet to tell you of my fearless fishing abilities from our time in Vietnam..." Actually, if Rose caught all of that story it'd probably devalue Jason in her eyes if there was any way to actually go up or down there.

Rose shrugged a bit and looked down. "So this is bastard HQ?"

"Indeed, welcome to the Friends of Humanity." He motioned to the building across the street, sitting down by the ledge of the roof they were on. "Now, how's your aim?"

"If it is on fire, it is perfect. No fire, not so good."

"Right, fish on fire, building not. We just want to send a message, not arson...yet anyway."

Rose made a face. "You no fun."

"I promise, later. This will scare them a good deal, trust me."

"...you promise." Rose nodded in acknowledgement. She smiled a bit and eyed the fish. "Ew.."

He nodded, holding his hand up and putting the other over his heart. "Promise."

He had to laugh a bit at the ew to the fish though. "Swear the fish will be worth it. I throw, you flame, I assume?" He hoped it wasn't the other way around.

Rose shook her head and set the first fish on fire, then by controlling the fire, picked up the fish and sent it flying to their intended target on the grass.

"Ahh, I'll be audience then." Jason quite appreciated that, sitting back as he watched the fish soar to the small patch of grass in the front of the building. "Do you think you could get the entryway without causing a fire?"

Rose almost rolled her eyes at him and sent a fish to the concrete in front of the door.

"Thank you." He grinned, watching for any sign of movement but decided nobody had seen the fish yet. That meant it was time to be pro-active, taking one of the fish and flinging it at one of the main windows. "Now that should get their attention to what we're doing."

Rose giggled gleefully and sent a couple more flying fish to strategic spots.

A disgusted noise could be heard coming from the window and soon there were faces crowding around, seeing the fish now littering the front grounds to the building.

"Oh, I think they are enjoying our gifts, don't you?"

"Not yet. But they will." Rose took careful aim to get them to land right in front of the few brave souls who ventured outside.

That earned cries of fright from below and cries of absolute amusement from Jason. He did make sure they couldn't be seen, however, illusioning them and their supplies away from the roof-line.

Rose laughed right along with him. "Hmmm what about somebody important's car?"

"Hmmm," He leaned out a bit farther, peering into the parking garage. "You see the red Porche 911? That one."

Rose grinned and wasted no time sending not one, but TWO flaming fish onto that car. Rich bastards made her sick.

"Oh, you may become one of my favourite hitmen, Rose."

"Become? I am not already?" Rose fake pouted and landed another fish in front of a person.

"Good point. The others generally have other roles, you get the title."

"Yay for me!" She frowned at the bucket. "Only a few left."

"Well, enough for one good volley." he glanced down, grinning at the panicked people below. "I think we've made our message loud and clear."

"I should hope so." Rose sent the last of the fish to form a fiery, fishy cross. "That teach them."

Jason had to slap his hand over his mouth to keep from laughing. "Are we allowed to do that? Well, points for irony, I suppose."

Rose shrugged. "You didn't say not to."

"Well, if they don't get that then they are even more dense than I thought." He laughed again, standing up, shaking his head and just grinning.

Rose laughed more and grinned. "Very dumb."

"Now then, shall we have an after-fishfry drink? I think celebrating is only right, this should make the news this evening easily."

"Absolutely. I think we should catch it and toast while they show the fish. Oh! Look! News crew. Any fish left?"

"I'm afraid we're fresh out." He put the bucket upside down over the edge, letting the water slosh out before picking the rest of his things out. "In any case, we want the media to catch hold and play with this. It shouldn't be too hard of a connection betweent his and Sammy for them to make."

Rose grinned. "Good." She flounced her hair a bit in triumph and headed for the door.