7/20 Instance: Electronic Dreams

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Timeline - Current

"Darren?" Doug called out, looking around, trying to find Darren. He had that wild eyed look of the overcaffinated. This was because he'd been working on the 'project'. Which is why he had his laptop under his arm outside. Outside, where nature was. Ish.

Darren was standing on the edge of the forest, leash in one hand and a large white and black rabbit at the other end, nibbling on some dandylion leaves serenely, he turned his head at the sound of his name and waved an arm at Doug, "Yo!" ... The boy looked slightly crazed, this was either really good or really bad.

"Hola, Salut, Bonjour, Tja..." He greeted rapidly. "What are you up to... how many rabbits live here? Does that one bite?" He asked quickly. "Are they soft? I'm scared to touch Bit." He admitted. "What are you up to? I already asked that. Hey!" He grinned. "Got a minute?" He ran a hand through his hair bounced from foot to foot.

Darren laughed, "Guttentag, I'm giving my rabbit some exercise, three live here, no, very, and I don't blame you, Bit's as rabid as his owner," he prodded the bunny with his foot and was ignored, "You can pet Spook if you want, he's a docile as anything, and I have several minutes," he grinned.

He reached down, and let the rabbit smell him as though he was a puppy before petting him. He knew very little about animals, really, other than cats. He loved cats. He didn't have any though, at least not since he was a kid. "I've not seen Adam lately." He admitted. "Though I have since learned through research that it is unlikely he's a true or primary psychopath. It's way too over used as a descriptor." He said quickly.

"Regardless, that wasn't what I wanted to talk about, though I think that maybe Pietro might be, but that might be because he's starting to scare me anyway, moving on... TECH!" he had gasped for breath before the word tech, because he'd run out of air. "New tech idea!"

"I said rabid, not psychotic," Darren laughed, "I wouldn't dare attempt to try and specify it further, though I suspect your suspicions about Pietro are cor-ooh tech?" His eyes lit up (literally), "Shiney new tech? Still has that 'new plastic smell'?" He asked hopefully as the bunny stoically ignored his petting and contined to graze.

"He tried to call himself psychotic, Adam, that is. Not Pietro. Pietro probably doesn't realize he is showing psychopathy." But he was nodding. "The lovely scent of the first time electronics are fired up smell included." He was almost giddy with the new tech. Psychpathy in teammates and fellow students did not stand up to new tech. New tech was SHINY!

"The other day when we had the whole... bank thing. It struck me that it would have been best if I could show you directly what it was I was seeing." He explained. "If I could transfer the information directly from one system to another. The problem of course was that the system wasn't going to allow for it. But a third-party instrument could be basically attached and transfer..." He spent the next several minutes explaining the device he had been designing. "But, I think input from you could cinch it and work out any technical bugs."

Darren pratically did a happy little glee dance as Doug explained (much to the rabbit's chargrain) "Of course! What a genius idea! That would make life so much easier for us on missions!" Why hadn't he thought of it? He scooped Spook up, the bunny rolling his eyes indignantly at him, "Show me! Show me this glorious thing!"

Doug was pretty much dancing as well. Tech tech tech was a happy wonderous thing. He was opening his laptop as he was walking beside Darren, showing him the schematics while speaking of the set up. He had the prototype in his room. "I had to cannibalize some other equipment, of course, to make it, but we can make a final version soon enough." He grinned.

It was probably good that Adam wasn't there to share the room, especially the last two days, because Doug had been doing all sorts of wire-y, melty, tech-y stuff that sometimes required and caused weird plastic-melting and wire burning smells to surface.

"Just so long as you didn't ninja anything belong to Danger," Darren grinned, bunny hanging forlornly from his hands, "... Adam still covering everything in tinfoil I see," he remarked, looking around the room, he then spotted the prototype on the desk and gently tossed Spook onto Adam's bed, "Oh yeah! Come to papa!" He said, reaching for it.

"Yeah, not really sure why he does that. No one's told me yet. Of course, most of the time I don't think about it." Doug patted his Darth Vadar standing-cut out as he passed by. "I figure until he wears them as hats, I'm not too worried about it. Though, I've thought about doing it to see how people react." Because once in a while he wanted to see what people would do. The device made a happy humming sound.

"No ninjaing from Danger. I don't wanna get squished next time I'm down there." He chuckled. "It has three ways of going about it right now. The first is pretty obvious in that it is going to show in real time what it is being pointed at in the way a camera would do." He explained. Then he went on to explain the different ways it could be piggybacked onto other systems.

Darren nodded as he listened to the technobabble, inspecting the thing, "Adam has been known to make tim-foil hats, though that was when we had problems with Kevin so t actually kinda made sense ... he posessed people without asking first and was highly allergic to metal," he explained, "it's not unlikely that the rest of the tinfoil is just to troll people, this being Adam."

He stared at the contraption a moment before shifting one of his hands techno-organic, "May I?" He asked polietly.

"Oh please do, and please suggest ways to improve it!" He said enthuasiastically. He was more than happy for this. "I was even thinking if there was a way for you to directly interface, while also allowing an option for other leaders to use the item when you are not there, it would be great!"

"One of my abilities is being able to interface with most kinds of technology," Darren's eyes glowed yellow as he did just that, the prototype comming alive in his grasp, "oh yeah, no problems there ..." he studied the thing from the inside for a moment, "yeeeeah, it shouldn't be too hard to modify the coms with this ..." he nodded, meanwhile behind him Spook started to nibble Adam's pillow.

He nodded with a grin. "And that is such a cool power, by the way!" He chuckled. He did the happy victory tech dance of joy! As he did the pirouette for it, he noticed Spook nibbling on the pillow. "I think Spook wants nibbles." He said.

"He tries to graze on everything," a tendril shot out of his back and poked the bunny till he stopped, he disconnected from Doug's toy and handed it back with a grin, "If I was still wth the army I'd reconmend you for a commendation dude, seriously."

"Yay!" He grinned. Yes, he had the goofy glazed look. "And now I can sleep... because I can't even remember if I talked to someone in charge about trying to talk to Doomy Howser to stop him from screwing us up again." He gave him a thumbs up. "I need to sleeeeep before following up on that." He chuckled. "My brain can't handle Doom-boy at the moment." He gently put the device on the table, spun around and let himself collapse on the bed, arms out. "Oh darling wonderful bed. Lovely pillow." he hugged the pillow.

"Goooooood, don't even mention that name to me!" Darren eyetwitched violently, "if I ever see that brat again ..." he trailed off ominously, then watched Doug starfish on his bed, "You know, I don't sleep either," he remarked after a moment, "can't say that bothers me though, I didn't like it when I tried it," he picked up Spook and scritched him behind his ears, earning a contented look from the critter.

"I do something a bit like sleep, but not like you squishy fleshlings," he teased.

"Meh you're different. And yo do 'something a bit like sleep'." He pointed out. His eyes were closed. "Seriously, I was up for three days once, and NEVER again. This two day stint is enough." He sighed happily, snuggling in to his bed, reaching out and pulling out a plushy Spock. "This, is a manly fan toy." He insisted, eyes closed. "I insist this is so." He added. "On the third day of being awake, I was hallucinating and about to fall down. Fleshy minds need downtime." He added. "Or we go cuckoo for cocoa puffs." He yawned. "I have the weirdest dreams though."

"You have the wierdest sleepy babblings too," Darren laughed, "Don't worry, I believe you, sometimes my Alien Queen action figure ends up in my bed, that's a pretty manly fantoy," ... well his wasn't, he'd had it since he was a tiny, wee fanboy and it had been lovinly chewed and drooled on over the years, "I want to ask 'what sort of dreams' but I should probably see myself out before you pass out completely?"

"Involved weird blonde girl living in an out house that had a possessed ice cream maker that made cream soda flavored ice cream, but it wouldn't do it because the demon that possessed it kept putting swamp water in it, and was hiding the out house, the ice cream maker and an announcement board from the 1920s in the woods outside of my old grade school which was hidden in some woods... and a huge mosquito was trying to chase me." He yawned and snuggled the plushy-Spock.

... That, right there, was one of the reasons he was glad he wasn't technically human anymore, real life was surreal enough, "Heh, well, hope you have a giant fly swatter this time man, sleep well," he started to make his way out of the room.

"Ni-ni!" He mumbled, turning on his side, hugging the plushy and smiling. In his dreams, he started designing a giant automatic skeeter swatter.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

That was such a fun read! Overcaffeinated Doug is wonderful thing to behold. :cracked
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen