8/18 Instance: Helpful Sweetness

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/18 Instance: Helpful Sweetness

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timelined after [Instance]Outlyers.

Tigra: Greer sat curled up on her window ledge and watched a squirrel on the lawn. It was tempting to go and run around after it but she was supposed to be suppressing the feral... right? Wasn't that her deal with Curt? She couldn't remember anymore.

Rose: Rose pulled at her hair a bit as she walked down the hall to Greer's room. She needed to talk to someone, and Greer was the only real girl friend she had in the brotherhood. She could trust her, right? She paused outside the door for a moment before knocking.

Tigra: She looked over at the door, sniffing to see who it was. Rose? "Come in..." she called, climbing down from the window ledge and onto her bed.

Rose: Rose slid on into the room, glad to be out of the public area. "Hey... you busy?"

Tigra: "Nope, why?" She patted the bed beside her, "What's up?"

Rose: Rose moved to sit down next to Greer, resting her head against her friend. "I don't know what to do..."

Tigra: Greer blinked at her and put her arm around her shoulders, "Don't know what to do? About what?"

Rose: Rose took a deep breath before launching into her story.

Rose: "So, I always thought Eddie was really cute, and really wanted to you know, be with him. So I did... and then I started to like him. And then he started talking about trying to track down the brotherhood, so I told Jason and Jason wanted me on Eddie' vigilante team." Rose took another breath.

Rose: "So now I'm on a team where I am supposed to hunt down myself with a guy that I like, but I feel like I'm slightly using."

Tigra: "... Wow... that's... complicated..." She gave her a squeeze, "Does Jason know you're dating him and how awkward that's going to be for you?"

Rose: "He doens't seem to care very much."

Tigra: "And what do you think about that? How do you feel about Eddie?"

Rose: Rose hugged her knees to her chest. "I really care about him. And he seems to care about me too."

Tigra: "And do you think you can carry on doing this without you getting found out?"

Rose: "As long as I don't get caught doing stuff for Jason, but it's so risky..."

Tigra: "I know..." She sighed, "I know what it's like... I don't think Chris'd talk to me ever again if he found out what I was doing... but he's not going to find out. I'm being careful and so are you... and you can help cover our tracks so much better if you're with Eddie..."

Rose: "I'm trying... I'm just not very sure I'm doing a good job."

Tigra: "Well as long as you try... but if it gets too hard for you maybe take a break from active stuff for the brotherhood so at least you don't get yourself in trouble with Eddie. The rest of us can handle ourselves."

Rose: "It's just so hard. I'm not really lying to him, but I really am."

Tigra: "You're not lying to him about your relationship though. You want to be with him so you're not really using him like that..."

Rose: "But I am to keep us all safe."

Tigra: "But that's different... separate..."

Rose: "But is it?"

Tigra: "Sure it is... your feelings for him are separate aren't they? So why wouldn't the whole issue of you dating him be separate?"

Rose: "Because it's still him. It's still his team that I'm lying about, feeding false intel to."

Tigra: "It's for his own good...."

Rose: "How?" Rose looked over at her friend.

Tigra: "How much do you think it'd bother him to know that you and me were doing that stuff? He doesn't understand it like we do. The whole X-men thing is all in his head so much he wouldn't be able to deal with it. Keeping this from him and diverting him from it will keep him sane."

Rose: "If he ever found out... he'd hate me."

Tigra: "But he's not going to find out. And Chris isn't going to find out. So we'll be okay."

Rose: Rose pulled at her hair as she sat next to Greer. "I guess what scares me is that I don't want to have to choose between them."

Tigra: "I know you don't want to... but maybe you don't have to... maybe there's a way you can bring Eddie around... like... slowly..."

Rose: Rose brightened at that idea. "You're right! I bet I can."

Tigra: "Of course you can." she smiled at her and gave her a hug.

Rose: "Thank you, Greer. You're the best friend ever."

Tigra: "Aww that's sweet of you to say," she purred a little.

Rose: Rose giggled and hugged her properly. "I really appreciate it."

Tigra: "You're welcome, honey. Anytime." She hugged back and resisted the temptation to nuzzle.

Rose: Rose smiled happily. "I feel like ice cream. Up for it?"

Tigra: "Mmmm..." she purred louder, "Yes. Definately. Always."

[Edited on 8/18/2011 by tears~fall~like~glass]