8/20 Instance: Evasive Maneuvers

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

8/20 Instance: Evasive Maneuvers

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

Pietro shifted uncomfortably in his seat. It was hard to sit right with the cast on his leg and there was the fact that he hated sitting anyway. It was becoming a stuggle to talk at a normal speed because of all the unused energy and now he didn't have drawing to distract him either. He hoped that this wouldn't take too long.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Maximoff." Detective Keel entered the room, closing the door behind him and sliding into his customary chair as he took in the sight of the speedster in front of him. "Oh dear, what happened with this then?"

Pietro assumed he meant his leg, "Accidents happen," he replied with a half smile.

"And how did this particular accident happen?"

He raised an eyebrow, "I'm not sure that has any bearing on why I've been called here."

"I wouldn't know until I heard the answer, would I?"

"I can assure you it doesn't, unless you have some interest in my personal life."

"Just noting that you seem oddly defensive about me asking about your wellbeing and your accident even before we start. Is that common for you?"

"Yes. I like to keep things private. I'm sure that's not that unusual."

"It would depend on how private, Mr. Maximoff." This little conversation so far was all ready giving the detective a picture of a certain cagey individual who apparently was all ready hiding something.

"Now, you gave a statement on your whereabouts during the rally. Would you be so kind to go over what you remember again?"

"I was getting signatures and keeping an eye on things what with the counter protest going on. I don't like to sit down or stand still for extended periods of time so running around an getting people to sign things was better for me."

"Within the confines of the rally or did you venture out of the rally to collect your signatures?"

"No, I stayed nearby just in case. And there were plenty of people at the rally to get through without complicating it by going into the city." He ran a hand through his hair.

"So you say you were there since your arrival, not leaving for a moment?"

"Yeah, I mean, I don't remember going anywhere... but it was a while ago now...."

"No rush, collect your thoughts, Mr. Maximoff." Notes were being written out on the pad sitting in Detective Keel's lap though, glancing up at Pietro over his glasses still pointed at the paper.

Pietro thought about it, reviewing all his actions that day. "No, I definately stayed. There was food."

"And when did you arrive?"

"With everyone else right at the start. I live in the city so it wasn't really that far..."

"Right at the start, so not present for the early morning set-up. Can you tell me where you were previous to arriving?"

"Uh, at home with my fiancee..."

"Your fiancee would be Illyana Rasputina, correct?"

He nodded, "Yes, that's correct."

"Are there any other people outside of your fiancee who would be able to place you at home during the hours before the rally began?

Illyana, now that was someone else that had been at the rally and also someone who could have come and gone fairly easy, something to remember.

"Probably not since we live by ourselves..." he frowned a little, they couldn't really think him a suspect?

"Now, Mr. Maximoff, I am going to ask you questions about your father. Is that all right?"

Pietro sighed heavily and nodded, his expression somewhat weary. "I suppose so..."

"The nature of your father's experiments, what were they?"

Pietro raised an eyebrow, "I'm afraid I can't answer that."

"And why is that?"

"He did a lot of work for the government, large areas of it are classified." he leaned back in his chair a little, "All I can say is that he was looking into mutant powers and how they worked."

"Classified but from how you word things I get the feeling you know a good deal about them."

"I do." He wasn't going to say why unless he had to though.

That would be addressed in time. "How did your father feel about mutants?"

"It varied..." he shrugged a little, "At the most basic level I imagine he considered us useful commodities."

"I imagine that's hard to deal with at home."

"It probably would have been if I'd stayed there long enough for him to find out I was a mutant." Pietro wondered how much the officer actually knew.

"Did he ever find out then?"

"Eventually... but by that point I already had my own apartment."

"I would imagine having a father with that kind of outlook would have an impact on yours. What are your opinions on 'the mutant situation'?"

"I have no strong feelings one way or the other though I would obviously prefer it if there was a little more tolerance from both sides towards each other."

"So I suppose this leads into what your thoughts are on the Brotherhood." Notes were being made again as the detective seemed to nod with whatever he was thinking.

"I can see where they're coming from but I'm not sure I agree with their methods..."

More notes. "I hear things are in a great deal of upheaval at your school. Even though you don't live there I'm sure you notice a good deal of it. What have you noticed about it?"

"I try not to listen to gossip but I have noticed the tension around the place. Seems like no one really trusts anyone much.>"

"Well, I certainly hope your leg wasn't caught up in any of that." He smiled slightly, flipping his legal pad closed. "I thank you for your time, Mr. Maximoff."

"We may be in contact for a third interview, you are free to go for now, however."

"No, my leg was entirely my own fault," he leaned to grab the crutches, "And as long as the interview doesn't clash with wedding stuff I'll be happy to oblige... as long as I'm able to provide you with the answers you want. I'm sure you appreciate I can't tell you everything."

"I appreciate the fact that everyone has something to hide, Mr. Maximoff, and that it is my job to suss those things out between the things you don't tell me and the things I can figure out."

"Well then good luck. Maybe next time you can tell me what you think you know and I can tell you if you're right... or not." he stood up.

He laughed, deciding to note down arrogance for the file as well. "Good afternoon, Mr. Maximoff." He waved him on.

Pietro gave a small wave and headed out, deciding to do some research of his own in case the officer got hold of some sensitive information.