8/25 Instance: Where in the World is Jean-Paul Martin?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: a few days after Go Team!

Johnny: Johnny laid back against the wall the bed was against, laptop in his lap as he scrolled through the latest news. ...Mainly to see if there was any news that included him.

Jay: Jay was just short of muttering to himself as he headed deeper into the boy's dorm. He was worried, and his broken wing ached like hell, and the two combined was not making for the world's most excellent mood. Coming to Johnny's room, he knocked, sidling from foot to foot.

Johnny: He shut the lid to the laptop at the knocking, as he wasn't really finding anything to boost his ego, and got up to answer the door. At the sight of Jay, he sighed, "Hey."

Jay: "Hey, ami..." Jay rubbed the back of his neck. "Y'all mind if Ah come in? Got a coupla things t' ask you 'bout d' other day...?"

Johnny: "No, of course not," Johnny stepped aside, having the feeling he knew what questions were going to be coming, "Make yourself at home."

Jay: "Hah. Ah do dat, you'll never get rid of me an' you'll be findin' feathers for weeks." He did sit down on the bed opposite Johnny's though, rubbing his face. "Ah'm guessin' by d' look on your face y' already know why Ah'm here, oui?"

Johnny: "I'd imagine to ask about JP," he nodded as he moved to plop back down on his own bed, giving a slight frown, "He never showed."

Jay: "Well shit." Jay cursed some more, pulling out a packet of cigarettes and frowning worriedly. "Y'all sure about dat? Like...he ain' jus' snuck back while no one was watchin'?" He was going to kill Ronnie and Tigra. Actually kill them.

Johnny: "As far as I know, yeah. I mean, I stuck around for a while, but..." Johnny shook his head as he trailed off. He'd been trying not to worry about JP and where exactly he'd gone off to, however he still refused to believe that Greer and Ronnie had been right.

Jay: "Ah hell." Jay knocked a cigarette out. "Y'all mind if Ah smoke? Think better wit' one in my hand." He chewed the inside of his lip. "He's gone, ain't he." Fuck. JP had threatened to. "Stupid boy."

Johnny: "Go ahead." He didn't care anyway. He wasn't sure about what Scott would think, but he wasn't here. "And I hope not. He's, like, one of the few people around that's actually fun."

Jay: "Merci." He lit it, frowning slightly. "Tell me about it. He's my roomie, an' a damn useful guy t' have around." He hissed between his teeth. "Fuckin' bitches! Ah told him if he ran it'd jus' look worse." Fuck. He had a run tomorrow night. There was no way he could do it on his own, not with a broken wing.

Johnny: "Yeah, I know. I mean, after running, I can't say I'd blame him if he didn't come back with everyone being down each other's throats," Johnny ran a hand through his hair. Luckily, he was good at blowing any rumors off, otherwise he probably would've burned someone alive by now.

Jay: "Yeah. An' most of it aimed at him." Jay shook his head. "Y'all don' believe he could have done it, do ya?"

Johnny: "No, I don't," he answered, "Too obvious of a choice."

Jay: "Glad Ah ain' d' only one dat believes him." Jay sighed. "Ah've tried ringin' him, but Ah think his cell's off or he's dumped it somewhere. Fuck. Dis is one helluva mess we're all in, ain't it?"

Johnny: "Probably just off. I can't imagine he'd want to be bothered after all the accusations..." Johnny shrugged. What if something happened to JP? Like, what if the FoH got him or something? He supposed it wasn't likely with how quick JP was, but still... He felt it was a valid concern. "But, it's been a few days..."

Jay: "Ah know. Frankly, Ah got worried d' firs' night he wasn' back. Ah mean..." He looked at his cigarette. "Ah know d' guy can look after himself...an' he migh' just be out somewhere t' cool off after what Ronnie said...Jesus, if Ah was d' type to point fingers Ah'd say she's more likely t' be in d' Brotherhood."

Jay: He chewed his lip again, bandaged and splinted wing twitching slightly. "Y'all think we should go look for him?"

Johnny: "Pushing attention off herself by accusing everyone else?" he suggested with a raised eyebrow. From what he'd had to deal with at the clean up, he wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she was part of the Brotherhood. He paused for a moment to mull over a search, "I think we should because that's what friends are for, but... New York's a big place. How are we going to find him?"

Jay: "Yeah. An' d' fact she's actin'...weird..." He paused, then shook himself. "Listen t' me, Ah'm doin' the same as everyone else." He chuckled a little. "Ah have no idea, ami. Ah mean, Ah can ask a few friends t' keep an eye out but wit' a broken wing, Ah ain' much used. Ah'm grounded till this heals."

Johnny: "I think sounding paranoid is bound to happen with all the accusations flying," Johnny gave a slight grin. "I could always take the air, but he moves fast enough we may not be able to see him, y'know?"

Jay: "Yeah. Only know of a couple of people who can keep up wit' him - one's Pietro an' he don' live here an' the other's Adam, who - from what Ah can tell - started dis shit. Paranoid li'l freak." Jay shook his head. "Guess we can ask Darren...mebbe his aunt an' uncle? Screw bein' a team mate - he's my best frien' too."

Johnny: "Yeah... Darren definitely seems like the best choice out of those three..." Pietro was kind of a jerk, and Adam... Well, freak kinda summed it up. "Probably a good idea to see if he's checked in with his sister as well."

Jay: "God, Jeanne-Marie...?" Jay actually winced. "Y' know, much as Ah like her...Ah don' think she's gonna take dis well. Mebbe talk to Reed too, know dey were gettin' close, mmm? Could be he migh' be able t' help." He rubbed the back of his head. "Beside dat an' filin' a missin' person case - which would be a bad idea if he is a suspect - Ah cain't think of anythin'."

Johnny: "Jeanne-Marie and I get along fairly well, so I can try talking to her." He wasn't sure whether a random personality of hers coming onto him counted as getting along, but it was better than nothing. "Reed's also a good idea. Then, yeah... That's about all there's left to do if he's not back after we search and talk to people... Hopefully, it won't come to that."

Jay: Jay sighed. "Knowin' how shit his luck's been...look, let's try an' keep dis as down-low as possible, yeah? Y' know how people're gonna take it when they hear about it. An' d' less d' police get involved, d' better. Oui?"

Johnny: Johnny slowly nodded as he considered that, "Agreed." Rolling off the bed, he stretched and gave a smile, "Let's get to work then?"

Jay: "No time like d' present." Jay nodded. And maybe he could work out how the hell he was meant to do a Genosha run on foot without JP. He stood. "Cheers f' stickin' wit' him for dis, ami. He needs friends righ' now." He jerked his head to the door. "If y'all need me, or hear anythin', gimme a call, yeah?"

Johnny: Moving over to the window, Johnny pushed the window open and started to climb out, body bursting into flames as he twisted around to give a lazy salute, "You got it."

Jay: Jay gave him a half-smile and a lazy salute, letting himself out and heading straight for Darren and Selene's room.

[Edited on 8/26/2011 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

"Jeanne-Marie and I get along fairly well, so I can try talking to her." He wasn't sure whether a random personality of hers coming onto him counted as getting along, but it was better than nothing.

*is so very amused by this*