9/3 Instance: Suicidal Tendencies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

9/3 Instance: Suicidal Tendencies

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined before Fire In the Hole, concurrent with Weekend at Bernie's Murder

Jason, done up in his maid's illusion, waved to the other workers as they were leaving, smiling to himself as he pretended to head for a car as well. This was almost too easy. 'On my way back in, meet in the kitchen' found itself scrawled onto the paper he had given Mystique before arriving. This was going to go off well.

Ronnie smirked from her lurking place in the back yard, and making sure her target wasn't looking out of his window she slipped across the yard to the kitchen door, opening it and sliding inside, closing it noiselessly behind her, hand patting her thigh automatically.

Soon enough, Jason was back in the kitchen, illusion dropped as he wanted for Ronnie, keeping a sharp ear out for any sign of anyone near and finding it eerily quiet.

*illusion still firmly in place

"You took your time my dear," Ronnie muttered softly, emerging from the pantry in the 'suit' Reed had presented to her, "You can tell a bachelor lives here-" she caught the look Jason was giving her and sighed, "Yes ... yes I know, I am wearing a belt of smurf skulls, but Reed's been such a good boy and was so desperately pleased with himself ... honestly I didn't have the heart to turn it down."

"... You might as well get all jokes out of your system before we start," she said, waving a white gloved hand.

"It takes a bit for me to illusion walking in heels properly if I'm not at least playing the part." Jason shrugged. "They're more than a bit irritating if I'm in a hurry to work with." He smirked as he took in the new look, however. "Well, I suppose larger skulls would simply be ostentatious. It's quite a strong look for you."

"Are you ready then?"

She nodded, a tight smile on her lips, "Of course," her skin rippled and in a moment Creed's dashing young PA was standing next to Jason in the kitchen then, "Shall we?"

"Surely, and I'll try not to remember how ridiculous you really look right now." The illusion smiled and Jason turned, leading the way. "Should be in his study."

"Please, I gave you your chance to mock, anything else will have to wait till we're out," Ronnie nodded as they made their way to the study, just outside the door she turned to Jason, "Ladies first."

"I think you should model for album covers for metal bands in that costume." Jason replied, sliding right in. "Mr. Creed? Mr. Gershwin is here to see you."

Behind the sturdy desk, Graydon Creed scrolled through page after page on his tablet computer, his face lit up by the shine of the screen. "Oh?" He looked up. "Well, that's fantastic. Please, lead him in..." He trailed off, trying to remember the girl's face.

Ronnie managed to catch Jason with a smack on the ass as he slid in for that, walking in when she was instructed, "Good evening, Mr. Creed," she said with a slightly friendly inflection.

"Elaine, Mr. Creed." The illusion blushed and looked back quickly at Ronnie, giving a coy little smile as she slipped off to the side after shutting the door.

"Ah yes, I'm sorry, Elaine," Creed replied, not showing that he still didn't remember her. It was obvious why he must had hired her, however. "I'm terrible with names sometimes." Turning to the man accompanying her, a professional smile appeared on his lips. "Good evening, Mr. Gershwin." He stood, extending his hand.

Ronnie walked forwards and took the hand, making sure she 'accidentally' managed to pull the phone cable out of the wall as she did so, "How are you sir? I apologise for the late hour but I've discovered something urgent and wanted to let you know right away, and in person." Ronnie's free hand slipped down to rest next to her thigh.

Jason went about maidly duties, pouring them both drinks which required him to slip behind Creed's chair as he did so, glancing up carefully to keep an eye on Mystique to see when she was ready.

"Doing quite well, in fact."Creed shook the hand. "I've just been following the recent news, and it's nice to see the time of one-sided coverage finally seems to be over." He gestured at the free chair. "Please, have a seat. I hope your news are just as good."

"I think I'd prefer to remain standing sir, if that's all the same," Ronnie glanced at Jason and winked, pulling the handgun out of her thigh, "and that would depend entirely on who you are as to whether the news is good or not," she whipped the gun out and aimed it at the center of his forehead, "for us it's pretty good news," she smirked.

Creed froze for a second, his expression blank. The muscles in his face twitched slightly, as his gaze darted from the handgun to the man's face. "What's that supposed to mean..." His wavering voice betrayed the sudden tension.

"It means, Sir, that the Brotherhood have come to spread their own good news." Creed's drink was put down in front of him, Jason having not bothered to make a second, deciding it'd be suspicious, and produced a knife, illusionary but quite impressive looking, and tapped the underside of Creed's chin. "Hello."

Ronnie shifted back to her true form, "Surprise, my dear, oh no, I wouldn't even think of moving, bleeding out from the throat is a horribly painful way to go and will quite ruin the carpet."

Every muscles in Creed's body seemed to tense at the same time when something cold, hard, and sharp touched his throat. As much as he tried, he couldn't suppress the reflex to swallow, becoming even more aware of the blade against his skin. It took him several attempts to speak. "What... do you want?"

"Equal rights and to not be persecuted for what we're born but that's not too likely with people like you in the world, is it?" He nudged a bit of stubble at Creed's neck. "and you should have shaved earlier."

"Should have done the world a favour and shaved with a belt sander," Ronnie remarked coolly, "We've tried asking politely for what we deserve, but as that hasn't worked we are now forced to take it, and you, my duck, are going to help us do it, you and your little election poster child."

All the moisture seemed to have vanished from his mouth in an instant. It felt as if his heart was trying to break through his ribcage. "You expect me to help you?" Creed feared his words sounded far less heroic than he intended them to be. That blade was a strong argument. "As if I ever... listen, just take what you want!"

"We're going to, we just thought you'd appreciate a little chat before we got down to business, yes?" Jason made himself comfortable, sitting on Creed's desk and smirking, keeping the knife carefully at Creed's neck, not wanting to leave even a trace of a mark.

"We just wanted to assure you that you won't be a martyr, in fact, after your death your own people will call you weak, and a traitor, and the whole world will know what you did to that little boy," Raven narrowed golden eyes at him, "did you honestly think you'd get away with it? We're better than you, smarter than you. We came for Roberts, you must have known we were coming for you."

Ronnie gave a soft little chuckle, like a parent being given a ridiculous answer to a simple question by a beloved child, "Oh my poor, dear man, we won't force you to do anything, you'll be in no state to do anything by the time we're though."

"Are we not?" Ronnie laughed and spun the gun in her grip, "why don't you prove it then?" She held the gun out to him.

"Well, the toying is the first part, yes." Jason gave a bit of a giggle, stepping back as Ronnie passed the gun along. "How's that, now?"

Creed stared at the weapon offered to him. "Is that some kind of trick?" Now he asked himself if those two actually did have a plan, or were simply insane. Perhaps they were scheming to set him up, but he would have been crazy to pass up such a chance.

He quickly grabbed the gun, fumbling with shaky hands until he finally managed to hold it in a firm grip. "Have you grown so arrogant that you believe yourselves invincible? Is that it? Do you want to mock me?"

"Mr. Creed, why are you holding it the wrong way?" Jason tilted his illusion's head to the side as he himself stepped away, invisible for the moment. "I know you're a bit off but you really shouldn't point guns at yourself, right?" And that's exactly what it looked like, at the moment, as that's what Jason wanted him to see.

Ronnie laughed and took a step backwards, throwing her hands wide as she did so, "Well now, and there was me thinking every one of you damn yanks knew how to use a shooter ... so come on then, hit me with your best shot, Mr. Creed, I'm sure you'll be surprised."

Tearing his gaze from the mutant woman to glance down at the gun in his hand, he almost dropped it in shock when he found the muzzle to be pointing right at his chest. "Do you think you can just play with humans for your own amusement?" This time, he held the gun up with both hands. "Do you feel that better than us?"

"You're nothing! Just like that boy!" He took a step back, his head jerking to the side for a split-second to look at the door. He called for his assistants at the top of his lung. There was no reaction to be heard in the house. Looking back at the mutant woman, he nervously licked his lips. "Hold it right there..."

"Better than you certainly." Jason cancelled out his touch, moving Creed's hands right where they wanted them while letting him think his arms were pointing the gun straight at Ronnie. "You know, we've met before, Graydon."

"Oh, don't you worry, we made sure there would be no interruption, my duck," Ronnie said gently, still standing with her arms open in invitation.

"What did you do to them? Did you hurt them?" Graydon kept the gun aimed straight at the woman's face, risking only a glimpse in the direction of the second intruder. His finger rested on the trigger."So this is something personal?"

"We sent them home for the evening. They decided you're really quite the generous employer. So you see, we've done something for your reputation before all this after all." He smiled quite pleasantly. "Oh yes, quite personal. I don't appreciate people murdering my student much at all. You put yourself in this situation, Graydon."

"You student? You talk about the boy?" Creed could feel the sweat form on his forehead. "Can't you see we did the poor thing a favour? He was better off dead than suffer through his miserable existence for another day."

"And you call us the monsters?" Ronnie asked, disbelieving, "I grow weary of this, you were able to murder a defenseless, innocent child, surely a full grown woman with blue skin should be nothing? Or maybe you just don't have the balls for it, you inbred, over-entitled piece of worm shit!"

"In that case, shoot. Put us out of our misery as well."

Jason held his arms wide, standing right beside Ronnie right now. "You've got your chance."

They were clearly deranged, believing they were some kind of super-humans, and didn't even realize the opportunity they had given him. No one would suspect him to have dragged two adult mutants into the office all by himself just to murder them. No, everyone would regard him as the hero who took down two dangerous terrorists that had come to kill him.

"The world will thank me for that," he muttered, before he raised the gun and pulled the trigger.

Jason let his illusion drop as he looked at their handiwork splayed out in front of them. "Well then...that was almost too easy, anti-climatic almost." He frowned, stepping closer to the body on the floor but staying far enough back as to not disturb it. "Hopefully the others are having just as an easy of a time."

Ronnie let out a very, very pleased sounding sigh, "It was delicious all the same," she purred, admiring the scene with hooded eyes, "I'm sure they are, my dear."