tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

9/3 Game: Mel Gibson Hates Mutants

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: Sunday, April 20th

Polaris: "Wow...it's definitely on fire." Lorna pulled the van over to the side of the road down the street from the Friends of Humanity headquarters, staring up at the tall flames licking the walls of the building.

Micromax: "Oh, wow, yeah, that is definitely fire there." Scott poked his head out from the passenger's seat window. The flame was strong enough to warm the cold night's air up to him.

BlackWidow: "Should we brought have marsh-mellows," Selene asked from the backseat, leaning forward to look over Lorna's shoulder. "So, are we supposed to drag people out of the burning house, or throw them back in?"

Toxic: Adam stared out. He was kinda hoping Jason's powers would fail - he could knock him out, but it wasn't like the others wouldn't know he'd done it. He sighed as he saw the van. "Fuck my life." He murmured under his breath.

Venom: There was a 'clank' as something landed on the roof of the van. [Just me, guys.], Venom pointed out over the open comm. He glanced at Sel. "...now now, let's not be like that."

Rose: Rose hadn't been able to get away in time. She pushed into her anger to mesh with the fire.

Micromax: "We know whether there are even still people in there?" Scott acknowledged Selene's point while leaving the van.

Venom: Something was wrong. Venom could taste it in the air. Hopping down from the van, he approached the building slowly and tried to tap into his Spider-Sense.

BlackWidow: Cocking her head, Selene put on a thoughtful expression. "We do have a gas canister in the back, don't we?" She shrugged. "Just thinking here."

HumanTorch: "I can get people out if there is anyone in there," Johnny commented from his seat.

Deadpool: "I feel like I'm having deja vu." Wade said as he stumbled out of the van, hitting the curb face first, clutching his bag of marshmallows.

Jason: At the back of the building Jason lingered with what was left of his team for the night. "Right. I've got you three covered. I will be in our getaway car so to speak so when you've done what you will do get yourselves out of there. Keep your minds blocked, but I'll be doing my best to mess with any of the telepaths and sensors to mess with what they'd find so they can't identify you either."

Jason: "Good luck." He told his team, nodding and heading to his post for the end of this, mentally preparing the speech he was sure he or Ronnie would have to give for Brickman in the morning.

Tigra: Tigra watched from a couple of rooftops away, her tail curled around her, "Feral has me covered," she replied, peering down at the van.

Toxic: He could feel the heat from the fire from here, having another cigarette and trying to ignore his tightened chest and the taste. "Sure thing, boss." Adam muttered at him. He carefully made sure his mind was shielded.

Polaris: "Okay then...get the fire contained, keep people back, and maybe we're going to be finding the people responsible for this. Keep sharp and stay together," Lorna muttered into her headset, walking towards the fire.

BlackWidow: Selene made sure her gloves sat tightly, before she stepped out of the van, as well. Even though they still were quite a bit away from the burning house, the air felt hot on the skin of her face.

Micromax: Scott scratched the back of his back, or, to be more exact, the back of his suit. Neatly inserted into it where two very thin metallic plates that covered the thrusters that Reed had installed for him and that would only be of any use when he shrunk down at some point. He could have asked the Japanese kid as well, who probably would have built something that would have been able to transport him at normal size as well but...his stuff tended to blow.

Toxic: Adam whined a little, flicking the cigarette into the fire and pulling on his gasmask as he heard Lorna's voice. This wasn't fair. He didn't want to go against them.

BlackWidow: "No need to be too gentle with those imbeciles, though," Selene added. "I suggest we make sure the fire doesn't spread to the houses of actually decent people and none of the losers burn alive."

Venom: "...what is it, anyway?", Venom frowned behind his mask. Maybe it was paranoia, he looked up at Lorna's voice chiming over the comm. [C-copy that, I'll focus on making sure the structural integrity holds up.], Venom webbed into the air and towards the building to make sure it didn't fall down.

HumanTorch: Johnny stretched as he stepped out of the van, not particularly bothered by the heat as he took his flaming form.

HumanTorch: "So..." he glanced around at the others, "I'm going in."

Micromax: "I'll take care about putting the fire out...uhmmm...ah!" He looked around and found what he had been searching for. Scott then grew nearly as big as the house that was on fire and kicked over a water hydrant. The resulting fountain he redirected into the burning building with his hands.

Deadpool: Wade grabbed a stick and started skewering the marshmallows, getting close enough to the fire to get them nicely roasted while he awaited orders.

Toxic: Adam glanced to where the rest of the 'Hood was, before slipping behind them and blurring up the side of a building where one of Eddie's webs was strung. He pulled out a length of wire and, trusting in Jason's illusion of invisibility, he cut through the web the guy was hanging on. Sorry Eddie...

BlackWidow: Selene took a few moments to let her gaze wander across the front of the large house, brightly lit by the flames shooting out of the top floor windows and covering the roof. "Let me try to find out if anyone is still in there," she announced, before she closed her eyes and focused on picking up any life signs from within.

Venom: Spider-sense kicked in just too late. Venom gasped as he watched his web become severed by something he swore blind he could feel. Moments later, he'd crashed to the ground in a painful slump.

HumanTorch: Avoiding the spray from the fire hydrant, Johnny made his way toward the building and stepped into the flames, calling back, "Getting anything Selene?"

Micromax: Scott just let the stream of water wander up and down the side of the building. This fire would be put out in a jiffy, no problem. He started to hum the Wombles theme.

Venom: "Something's here!", Venom cried out, suddenly alarmed and rolling back into a crouched stance. [Something cut my web: there's someone out there!]

Rose: Rose manipulated the fire to blast around Johnny.

Deadpool: Wade's side was getting rather wet from the fountain water, but his marshmallows were looking awesomely delicious! He plucked the first one off the stick and stuffed it against his mouth, not minding the fact he was still wearing his mask.

Deadpool: "Hom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom."

Toxic: Adam winced as Eddie hit the ground, already dropping off the side of the building, tucking the wire away.

HumanTorch: He threw his arms up at the blast of fire, making a face as he stumbled a bit. What the hell? That wasn't supposed to happen.

Venom: Venom's eyes widened at the fire. He looked back up at where his web was. "Show yourself, you goddamned coward!"

BlackWidow: "It seems the house itself is deserted, or the life signs of anyone inside is too weak for me to pick up already," Selene replied via the radio. "A lot of activity all around the building, however. No idea whether they are neighbours or actual FoH members."

Deadpool: "Or raccoons."

Deadpool: Damned raccoons with their little burglar masks. He knew it was them who started the fire.

Micromax: "There are raccoons in New York?" He frowned at all the commotion around him, aiming the water everywhere all over the building, slowly fighting the flames back.

HumanTorch: "Well, I'll check it out and see if I can find anyone," Johnny replied as he started to wander through the building, trying to smother the flames with his powers. He hadn't really had to deal with a fire this big before.

Rose: Rose enjoying spreading the fire to anywhere that Johnny was able to somewhat smother.

Toxic: Got that one right. Adam paused, eyes going red as he kicked off into the air. He spread his hands - and then shook his head. No. No, he wasn't going to do that. Instead, he concentrated on Scott, raising his body temperature via his blood to make him ill. No putting the fire out yet.

Tigra: Tigra jumped down from the roof and landed lightly on the pavement, crossing the street at a leisurely pace and peering around for something fun. She stopped beside a car and gave it an appraising look. Cars has gas tanks. Gas tanks exploded. What fun!

Polaris: "Venom, report, are you all right?" Lorna took to the air, doing what she could to put out the flames that were closest to jumping to other buildings.

BlackWidow: "Venom, are you alright," Selene inquired, tapping her earphone. "What the hell happened over there?"

Tigra: Oh now that was sad, the fire wasn't spreading. Tigra picked up a car and aimed at the space between the buildings, tossing the car at the fire then retreating to a safe distance in case of debris.

Venom: [There's others here, I just know it! I can feel it, Polaris!], Venom looked around, trying to calm his breathing and tap into his Spider-Sense again. [The Brotherhood, they must be here still, but somehow cloaked?]

Venom: 'Maybe we're wrong?', "We're NOT wrong!", Venom clenched his fists tight.

Micromax: He felt very very nauseous all of a a sudden. "What the...?" He let go of the water stream and made a few steps towards the building, growing considerably in size with each step. His body had gotten a bit too used to fighting off threats by growing or shrinking.

Deadpool: Wade 'ate' the last marshmallow on his stick, wiping his hands off on his suit and then threw the stick into the fire. "So... why am I here again?" he asked the smoky warm air.

Rose: Rose stayed close to Johnny to harass his efforts. She forced the fire to keep spreading anywhere it had been slightly stopped.

Toxic: Noticing his favourite teacher take to the air, Adam had an agony of indecision before he flicked his hand at her, taking control of her blood and throwing her to the fire.

HumanTorch: "Ugh... We're going to have to find some other way to put this out..." Johnny stated, "I keep trying to smother the flames, but they just crop up again..."

Tigra: The gas tank in the car exploded sending flaming wreckage all around. Tigra whooped and ran off to get another one.

Deadpool: Wade swung around to watch a car go up in flames as well. "Huh, never saw a fire do that before. Cool."

Micromax: "Something is weird, folks. I am really hotter than I should be..." He went down on his knees, taking a few deep breaths. Maybe it was just the hot building? Why couldn't they put out the fire?

Polaris: "Cloaked from you and Black Widow? That's a bit of a trick. They must have another telepath on their team, the-Son of a Bitch." There was a car...She flung the wreckage out, keeping one less thing burning even if she couldn't stop the explosion...and then she had no control of where she was going at all.

Venom: Venom spotted Polaris veering into the flames, then crouched as a car exploded. "Jesus!", he hissed, [Torch! Look out for Polaris!], he webbed into the air and over to the fires, what the hell was going on; and now Scott was down?

Venom: They were here. He knew that much.

Micromax: Anyway, there were ways besides of water. He simply shoved an enormous hand through the wall of the building, pulling out furniture and walls on fire by the handful. A thick as his skin was now, that fire was barely worse than a light sunburn.

Tigra: Tigra found another car and hurried back to throw it at the other side of the building, hopping up and down excitedly in expectation of the explosion. It was like epic fire works!

Rose: Rose felt another person near her fire. She blasted at Eddie.

Polaris: That car got swatted back. "Someone is throwing cars and I'm not the one moving myself!"

BlackWidow: Selene ducked and instinctively raised a telekinetic shield around herself when something way too near exploded in a big and bright fireball.

Polaris: That wasn't reminiscent of Malice at all...Lorna felt about her mind, searching and hoping very much she didn't find that presence there again.

Toxic: Adam pulled out a vial of blood. Weighing it in his hands, he tossed it into the fire. Sorry guys... With a thought, he detonated it, causing a fireball to rip through the building. He tugged Lorna backwards out of its way - just in case.

Venom: Venom's 'Sense started to focus, homing in on the fireball. He turned to it and managed to dodge with a spinning escape-jump. Once he landed, he webbed and swung towards its origin.

Tigra: Sad! She went to get a tree instead. Trees weren't magnetic... right? She ripped one up by the roots and tossed that too to make a bridge between the headquarters and another building.

Deadpool: You know who I suddenly miss? That chick who tried to take over your body. "Bwuh? Who you talking about?" Nevermind, nevermind.

HumanTorch: Johnny had been about to reply to Eddie's warning of an incoming Lorna when he was knocked over from the blast, losing his focus on trying to put the fire out.

Rose: That was all Rose needed to send the fire spreading to other building! She sent the fire to the tree.

Venom: "So, you're not done with me yet!?", Venom all but roared, spinning around and diving into the building where the blast had originated from. "ROSE!", he roared into the flames. "Get the hell out here and face me!"

Micromax: "WHOAH!" Scott stumbled back from the explosion, ending up squishing a few cars with his giant behind.

BlackWidow: Stepping up the the burning building, she pushed back the flames with her force-fields. While that kept the fire itself at bay, it did little to shield her from the heat. "Watch out for that tree!" Selene looked up to watch it burst into flames. "How did it get up there?"

Polaris: Trees were indeed not magnetic and there was nothing at all Lorna could do about that...or the fact she was still careening about like a pinball. "Shit, Human Torch, are you okay?"

Venom: 'We're sure it's her....', Venom breathed heavily, trying not to lose control. And secretly hoping he wasn't sounding too crazy on the side.

Tigra: Tigra skittered away from Scott's massive ass and waited for him to get up. No one would miss already flattened cars if they got a little bit exploded....

HumanTorch: "I'm alive, but can you, like... Woah, tree!" Johnny rolled to avoid the incoming object.

BlackWidow: "I got this, Polaris!" Selene stepped back from the house and looked up, focusing on the burning tree instead. Raising a hand, she slowly lifted it into the air - just in time to prevent the worst damage to the neighbouring house.

Polaris: "Working on it." Lorna went for the piping, pulling a long segment down to wrap around herself, hopefully tethering herself in place.

Rose: Rose would have scowled if she was in human form. Eddie was blowing her cover, but he sounded like a paranoid maniac. All the more amusing. She blasted out some windows.

Micromax: He got up again, a 1976 Ford Mustang stuck to his butt. He scratched it off. "Okay, I think that building can't be saved anymore," Scott said over the com. "Polaris, can I bring it down?" He grew yet again, ready to simply stomp out the burning FoH building.

Toxic: Adam whimpered as he focused on Selene next, lifting her into the air as easily as she lifted the tree.

Deadpool: Wade stood and stared, hands on his hips and watched the chaos. "Now that is actually quite a stubborn fire. You gotta respect a chemical reaction that can do that. You know what would make this all the more awesome? Big explosions."

Tigra: Tigra picked up two cars and hurled them in quick succession, lodging them firmly in the side of the building.

HumanTorch: "Um, bring it down?" Johnny asked from where he was inside said building.

Tigra: She decided she should take cover for this one, lurking under a truck for the explosions.

Venom: "Couldn't love a cowardly bitch anyway!", Venom yelled, sighing a little. This was useless, she wouldn't come out. He ran through the blazing ruins, maybe the other members were somewhere close...

Polaris: "Oh god, Piping hot, piping very hot. Micromax, stomp the outer fires, if people are in here we want to take them alive."

BlackWidow: When she spotted more cars raining from the sky, Selene simply dropped the burning remains of the tree where they floated at the moment, throwing up both hands to do her best to keep the piled of metal from smacking into anything valuable - or anyone.

Polaris: Thank God for the uniforms but Lorna could still feel the heat through it, hoping it did hold up to this kind of punishment.

Tigra: Two more explosions spread the fire nicely and made the kitteh inside panic a little. But Greer was rather enjoying herself.

Toxic: Adam saw what Lorna was doing, drifting over to the pipe. A blade slid out, slicing his arm, and a line of blood wrapped around it, superheating and cutting the pipe. Then Lorna was suddenly heading to collide with Selene.

Micromax: "Well, get out, Torch." He had finally reached critical mass, lumbering high above the surrounding buildings. "Aye," he told the team leader, and proceeded to simply grab burning debris and throwing it on the roads, stomping it out afterwards.

BlackWidow: Both cars stopped mid-air, held in place by invisible forces. Then both caught fire all of a sudden. Selene had enough time to give them a wide-eyed stare, before the cars exploded in huge fireballs and rained fire all across the lawn.

HumanTorch: Finally pushing himself off the floor, he continued to move through the building, searching for any bodies. He let out a sigh and reported, "I'm not seeing anyone, so I'll be out in a few."

Deadpool: "Why didn't anyone say we should check if there's people in there? Sheesh." Wade said and headed for the water fountain, getting himself nice and wet and heroically bounded towards the building's entrance. "Olly olly oxen free! Anyone in here?!" he called as he walked through the flames.. getting burnt in the process.

Polaris: "Black Widow, incoming!" Lorna called out in warning, trying her best to use the metals to pull her the opposite way she was being sent.

Rose: Rose felt powerful with all the fire around her. She forced it to blast and she pulled herself into human form, crouching low to the ground. "I need to get out of here. They'll figure out how to put it out soon. If I get caught, I am burning your ass for this, boss." Rose carefully made her way to an exit, hoping Jason still had her cloaked.

BlackWidow: Holding up her hands to shield her face, Selene could make out the green-haired shape of Lorna coming her way, as well. Things certainly weren't going as planned. "I got... oof!"

Micromax: "Polaris, Torch says no one is in the building anymore...except Deadpool..." He made the greatest facepalm in the history of hands.

HumanTorch: "I'll get him on my way out, if I really have to," Johnny offered.

Polaris: "Son of a bitch." Lorna held onto Selene as she want by to be sure they didn't get knocked back down to earth. "Venom, can you verify what Torch says?"

Tigra: "I think you're good to come out, Rosie," Tigra told her, lurking up another tree and watching, "I blew up some cars." she grinned to herself.

Toxic: Adam fought against the magnetic pull, attaching the two ladies tightly. Then he reached out for Eddie and started pulling him into the people-knot.

Venom: Venom reached another empty room, nothing still. [No, there's....there's nothing here.], he hit his head on a wall, leaning back. [But I know they were here, Polaris. I kn-], his comm went dead.

Polaris: "...Venom?"

BlackWidow: "Someone is playing games with us," Selene said as she clung to her fellow team member. "And blocking my senses. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd be tempted to say it's our friends from the Brotherhood."

Deadpool: "Oh hey, this little ear thing actually works, I can hear you all. Fine fine, heading out. Also, I think i might be in flames." Wade said as he came out of the building. "Ha ha, look at me, I'm the human torch...this is actually painful you know."

Rose: Rose checked for people as she got to the exit, even though she was supposed to be invisible to everyone. She made a run for the nearby treeline.

HumanTorch: "Hey, I'm the Human Torch!" Johnny protested, pausing on his way out. Shit. He might have to go back. "Venom?"

Micromax: The surrounding buildings were considerably safer now. So the lumbering figure rerouted his attention towards his troubled companions. He made just one big step, reached out for Lorna and Selene, and the two began to be pulled apart by enormous muscles easily contracting.

Venom: All went blank in Venom's mind except for the Symbiote's rage, screaming out in agony and wrath as his form rejected its command. He tried to stop his body from shifting, but it wouldn't do so: before long he was nothing but a broke, twisted and mangled mass of body.

BlackWidow: "Micromax, pee on Deadpool, or something," Selene said over radio. "He's on fire."

Polaris: Lorna dropped her voice enough she hoped it didn't carry over com. "Widow, should I be as embarrassed by this as I am?" She did her best to gravity anchor herself. "Anyone have sight of Venom?"

Toxic: Adam tilted his head at Lorna and Selene. Okay, that was funny. He flicked his fingers, the pair suddenly very...intimate.

Tigra: Tigra hopped down out of her tree and hurried over to Rose, "Hi!" she grinned, waving animatedly.

Rose: Once Rose was safely at the treeline, she grinned at her friend and rushed over to her. "Well, that was entirely too much fun. I want to do more..."

Micromax: "Got my hands kind of full..." He looked at the women in his hands, and the burning Wade coming out of the building. "Sorry, buddy, but you will heal." He stepped him out like a cigarette bud.

Venom: The comm came alive, [P-polaris...Venom here...], his voice sounded raspy and pain-tainted, and the shifting crunch of bone and flesh could be vaguely heard in the background. [...a lot of pain...]

Tigra: "Oh man, watching cars blow up was totally awesome. Tigra hated it but wow... seriously... they should make fireworks that look like that."

Micromax: Then he continued pulling the girls apart, careful to not break them in the process.

HumanTorch: Johnny ran back through the building, searching through the rooms. Well, what was left of rooms. He barely registered a form, skidded to a stop, and went back to grab Eddie, "I got you." He went to heave him up, "Damn, you need to lay off the pudding."

BlackWidow: Selene squirmed in Scott's over-sized hands and was busy trying to tell up from down. "All I know is that I'm starting to get really irritated here." She winced as she was slowly separated from the other girl. "Hey, I was just getting used to being a Siamese twin."

Venom: Venom's mass shifted in Johnny's hands. "I'd make myself lighter but I'm not the happiest, healthiest little boy scout...", he joked, obviously still in shock. The screaming in his head hadn't subsided.

Polaris: Lorna swore again as she was smushed into Selene. "Whoever is doing this is going to get the biggest ass-kicking."

Polaris: There was just some ways Lorna never wanted to be close to Selene. This was too close.

BlackWidow: Selene gasped as the air was pressed out her lungs when she collided with Lorna once more. "I don't know," she mumbled with a groan. "We could be in worse company, after all."

Micromax: Okay, Scott started to get REALLY pissed now that his hands felt all numb and tingly. "I am starting to get REALLY angry!," he shouted with a voice that came from lungs as big as busses. Windows shattered all around them.

Tigra: Tigra crouched and covered her very sensitive ears at the loudest voice she'd ever heard.

Rose: Rose covered her ears at the loud noise. Ouch!

Polaris: "...you're right." Lorna admitted, shrugging. "I guess we just...work around it."

Toxic: Adam whined audibly at the sound, hands clapping over his pointed ears as he tried to block out the noise. He lost concentration on the pair, letting them drop to the ground.

Deadpool: Wade finally regained consciousness, his body a little bit mangled and squished, but healing fast. "....OW!" he finally called out when his jaw started working again.

HumanTorch: Flinching at the voice, he emerged from the building and moved away from the flames, going back to his normal-looking self as he glanced down to Eddie, "Um... Do I put you down?"

Venom: Venom hissed, mass struggling to keep together at the horrible sound. "Too much noise!", [Max: can you quiet down!?], he shuddered, body trying not to collapse.

BlackWidow: "If we could only pinpoint where this is coming from," Selene said, right before she let out a surprised gasp when she suddenly met the ground.

Micromax: "WHERE ARE YOU?!" He wildly looked around, trying to rub the life back into his hands, stepping all over the place. He figured, if he'd step wherever he couldn't see people, at some point he would hit their shielded attackers.

Polaris: "...ow." Lorna was on the ground, not having expected that at all. "Thanks Micromax. That seems to have done the trick." And now she felt like she was slightly deafened and a bit tingly.

Tigra: Tigra gingerly removed her hands from her ears, they were ringing slightly, only to cover them again and scream at the even louder yell.

Venom: "Yes, sure.", Eddie stepped out from Johnny's grasp, standing up and getting his bearings. "Thanks, Torch..."

Toxic: Adam muttered, glaring at the yelling giant. He flung out a hand, draining the blood out of Scott's legs next.

BlackWidow: Selene shuffled to get back on her feet, vision spinning and ears ringing. "This has to stop now," she announced, trying to steady herself.

Polaris: Lorna, staggering to her feet, pulling the metal in the building out into sheets to smother things out, also to be sure of where their assailants weren't after the metal pushed things down.

HumanTorch: "No problem," Johnny flashed another grin, though it quickly dropped as he took in the chaos that was outside. "Though, I'm getting the feeling we were safer in there..."

Polaris: "X-men, report your location. Is anyone still inside the building?"

HumanTorch: "Everyone's out," Johnny answered.

Venom: "It's them.", Venom murmured, turning to Johnny. "It's the Brotherhood, I know it..."

Micromax: Whether anybody was still inside the building or not was now completely unimportant, as the surprised Scott toppled over and basically squished the burning build with the sheer mass of another, BIGGER building.

Rose: Rose put a hand on Greer. "Are you ok?"

BlackWidow: Her gaze seemed to focus on something in the far distance as she reached out with her psychic senses. "There is a powerful telepathic entity in the area," she said, her face betraying the strain she felt. "Too powerful to block out." She grimaced. "I try to at least locate the source."

Deadpool: Wade, who was squished, had trouble hearing through his comm-link. That's what you get when you're stepped on like a puppy.

HumanTorch: "Seriously? You think so?" he asked, glancing over to Eddie.

Polaris: 'Yeah, it's definitely them...nobody's felt any...presence in their mind, right?" Being a puppet was creepy enough Lorna couldn't not think about Malice.

Micromax: The impact was strong enough to make cars a mile away jump up a foot and set all of their alarms off.

Tigra: Greer shook her head, rubbing her ears. LOUD! She whimpered pathetically.

Venom: "I KNOW so.", Venom affirmed. "I have proof!"

Toxic: Adam cackled. That's what you got for being too loud. He watched as people tried to find the invisible members, shaking his head. He was up in the air, he couldn't be found. Hopefully.

Rose: "Let's get to the car... they've destroyed the building better than we could have." Rose helped Greer up.

HumanTorch: His eyebrow raised, "What proof?"

Tigra: Greer let Rose help her up and lead her away to the car, "Blowing stuff up was fun..." she mumbled.

Polaris: "Shit" Lorna couldn't help swearing as Micromax went down. "Roll! Micromax, are you still with us?" She did her best to try to shift him off of the fire, not able to do it this tired but able to help at the very least.

Rose: "It always is, Kitty-kat. It always is." Rose helped Greer into the car.

HumanTorch: "Feel like sharing later over a drink?" Johnny asked, smirking, "Since you only totally owe me for saving your ass." Oh, right. They were supposed to be working. He moved to help get rid of the remaining flames, hoping they'd actually go out this time.

Deadpool: Wade sat up when his spine was back into place, and then wobbled a bit as he tried to stand. "I feel like we have accomplished a lot tonight, team. Good work everyone!" he said as the building behind him was going up in flames.

Micromax: "Urgh..." He got up, the flames having been extinguished under his enormous body. He held his head and got to his feet, then shrunk down to normal size again. "I am okay...I think..."

Toxic: Adam watched Tigra and Rose head back to the car. Fuck it. He could meet them later. He watched the chaos he'd created below him, feeling oddly...empty again.

Polaris: "Not burnt or run through anywhere?" Lorna asked their resident giant.

Micromax: Too bad another building had caught fire now. "Oh, for..."

BlackWidow: Selene looked at Lorna. "I could try to push back the psychic influence of whatever is concealing our opponent, but it won't be easy," she said. "I hate to admit it, but against a dedicated telepath I'm at a clear disadvantage. It would take most of my reserves our of me."

HumanTorch: "I got that new fire," Johnny said, taking off to deal with it.

Venom: "...you got it.", Venom nodded, webbing away from Johnny and heading to the other building and trying to spy out a water main.

Polaris: "Just do your best to find out who, Widow, if you can." She nodded, glad Johnny had called dibs on the fire as she concentrated on trying to smother out some of the smaller remnants of the fire with the piping.

Micromax: "Lo-...Polaris..." Scott used the com-link. "My limbs were falling asleep while I was using them, they went completely stiff, as if all the blood had been drained. Do we know mutants that can do that?" He had got a brand-new shining chip on his shoulder.

Tigra: Greer smiled at Rose and climbed up into her seat, shifting out of her fur and digging in her pocket for a pill.

Polaris: "...yeah, we do." Lorna blanched as she realized they did...would he really be in this, though?

Venom: [I do...], Venom chimed over the comm. [Looks like I was right...]

Toxic: Adam heard what Scott said, and a big part of him wanted to go down, tap Lorna on the shoulder and - and what? The Brotherhood were there. He'd end up like the guy they'd killed. He wasn't safe. He groaned. He'd have to follow this through.

BlackWidow: Selene nodded and went down on one knee, closing her eyes to help her concentrate. She let her senses permeate the area, searing for any active minds that did not belong to members of their team, panicking FoH members, or nosy neighbours that had come out to gawk at the dangerous spectacle.

Deadpool: Help me Obiwan, you're my only hope said a mind.

Micromax: He gave his team-leader a very funny look. "Care to tell me who?"

HumanTorch: As Johnny worked to contain the fire, he listened to the radio chatter.

Polaris: "Adam, Adam messes with blood."

Polaris: "I don't know what it feels like when he does, though."

Polaris: She did remember how he puppeted though from the incident at the White House.

Venom: [Adam Kilduff.], Venom announced over the comm, pulling up a fire-hose. He was right. What were the chances he was wrong about anything else so far? Smiling, he felt upset and yet...happy he'd cracked this. If, indeed, he had.

Micromax: His eyes tightened. "Adam, huh...?" Oh look, the chip had just got a name to it. He wandered over to Wade. "Hey, are you alright? Sorry for that earlier."

BlackWidow: A few moments of unsuccessful searching later, a frown appeared on her face. The psychic force she had sensed before was not covering the area, but instead wrapping around her mind directly."Whoever is concealing them, I doubt they make them actually invisible or anything to that effect," she told the others.

Venom: [Polaris: I've reason to believe it's him. And....], there was a sigh. [I'll breif you once we're done. You're probably not gonna like it.]

HumanTorch: He got out of the way as Eddie brought in the fire hose.

Venom: Venom blinked at Widow's communication. [What, like a Perception Filter? Doctor Who style?]

Polaris: "Venom, I think we all have reason to believe he's in it now, that's no surprise." Lorna sighed. "Right, people, focus on putting the fire out, Widow, you keep searching for the mind, try to get a location."

Toxic: Adam hovered and listened to Lorna, a heavy weight settled in his gut. Oh god. They knew. They'd worked it out. He put a hand in his pocket, touching his rosary. Maybe...maybe he could...tell them...but the 'Hood would get him. He'd seen Jason's face at the murder.

BlackWidow: "They're directly in our minds, affecting our senses," Selene continued. "We are made to miss what is actually there."

Venom: Almost losing control in thought, Venom almost slipped his grasp on the hose. "Oops...", [...uhm...is there anyone who can do that, then?]

HumanTorch: "So... Who's... Yeah, what Ed-… Venom asked."

Polaris: "Pretty much any telepath." Lorna nodded. "To a degree anyway."

Polaris: "Though does anyone here have powers that wouldn't be tricked by telepathy?"

Deadpool: Wade reached into his pocket while wobbling towards the van, leaning against it as he pulled out a bent cigarette and lit it. He sucked on it whil tapping the earwig commlink. "...est....test... this thing working now? What's this about a boy band?"

BlackWidow: "Any telepath skilled enough could possibly do it," Selene explained, opening her eyes to look at the others again. "What matters is that no matter how hard we look, we won't find anything unless we manage to shield our minds completely."

Toxic: He should get out of here. Idiot. He'd given himself away. But what else was he meant to do? He had a pretty specific mutation. Adam groaned. If he ran away, they'd know for sure and he wouldn't be able to give his side - but - gaaaah! His hands wrapped around his head.

Venom: [...what if Adam's still here?], Venom pondered aloud over the comm.

HumanTorch: Johnny shrugged, "If he is, he's not messing with us anymore..."

Polaris: "I believe we're about to head out ladies?" Jason looked to the others, rolling forward to signal Adam take his escape.

Micromax: Scott poked Wade. "Hey, mate? Are you alrig-...back to norm-...okay?"

Deadpool: "Yeah. Just remind me later to step on you when you're tiny."

Toxic: Adam saw the car rolling, immediately blurring and climbing in. No, he wasn't going to say they'd figured it out that he was part of it. Jason might shoot him then and there. "I want to go home." He murmured, staring out of the window.

Tigra: Greer nodded at Jason, rubbing her temples. She was glad she'd had the foresight to put some of the MGH pills in her uniform pocket so that her healing could take care of the pain while she was sitting in the car.

Micromax: "...you DO know I don't heal, right?"

Deadpool: "Ah yes, how about I just flick you then?"

Polaris: "Not to worry, you've all had a hard night, definitely getting you home." Jason was off, leaving the x-men to their speculation. "Anything to report?"

Rose: "Ready when you are." Rose sat back to relax. She needed a smoke.

Micromax: "Uh, sure?" He held out his forehead.

Toxic: "Chaos and mayhem, just like you ordered..." Adam sighed, pulling down his mask.

Polaris: "Can I get a fire report? Is everything out?" Lorna looked around, catching her breath.

Rose: "Eddie is convinced it was me in the fire. He sounded like a paranoid maniac. Shouldn't be too hard to play up his paranoia." Rose informed Jason.

Deadpool: "I meant when you're tiny. You smoke?" Wade asked. At the moment his suit was ripped and torn and burnt at placed, his mask was half and the material burnt into his newly scarred skin. He scratched his head. "I don't think I have much hair left."
Deadpool: ((he told Max.))

Tigra: "I had fun. I got to make stuff explode."

Micromax: "not anymore, no. Though my butt got very hot earlier." He pulled his head back. "And no, there isn't much hair..."

Venom: [Polaris, I'll need to speak to you after this.], Venom said, approaching the van on a web strand and landing atop it. [Also, I need to speak to that...Officer Keel, is it?]

Toxic: "I did fanservice."

Deadpool: "Well, all in all, I had fun. I saw stuff explode."

BlackWidow: "More or less, anyway," Selene remarked, standing up to observe the smoldering husk of the building. "I'm sure the FoH will appreciate our effort."

Polaris: "Well, their building is more than a bit destroyed...I imagine Creed is going to have kittens."

Micromax: "It's not like I did it on purpose! I was back-stabbed!" He shook a fist at Selene.

BlackWidow: "I believe it will annoy him more that we were here to help," Selene said. "Unless they're too busy spinning it to make it appear as if we were here to finish what the Brotherhood started."

Deadpool: "Or that we are the Brotherhood."

HumanTorch: "I think they'll just go with that one."

Micromax: "We would never give ourselves such a silly name. There is no X anywhere in it."

Deadpool: Wade blinked. "Just to be clear, we're not the brotherhood, are we?"

Polaris: "...god don't even say that, Widow." Lorna winced, looking over to the back of the building where the fire department had been working from, hoses now coming through the wreckage. "I think your Officer Keel will probably be around soon enough, Venom."

BlackWidow: "Also, that name is decidedly sexist," Selene tossed in. "Quite befitting of a sausage fest, but nothing I would ever think of joining."

Deadpool: "I tried joining, but never got a reply from them. Probably never got my resume. Well, I'm not joining them if they don't want me."

Micromax: "I think they don't wanting you kind of implies you won't join...oh hey, you're growing more hair again."

BlackWidow: "Should we stick around and be all helpful and cooperative again," Selene asked, looking first at Lorna, then at the others. "It might help reduce suspicions. Besides, we might be lucky and they round up a few of the locals who can attest that all we did was try to help."

Venom: Eddie slipped into the van, mask receding as he did so. He took a few deep breaths, trying to stifle the anticipation and the urgency brewing in him. His father was right: it was time to get others involved in this. Especially now all the pieces were falling into place.

Deadpool: Wade scratched the back of his head. Sure enough, there was a patch or two of hairs growing where the mask hadn't fused with his skin. "Then again, half of the people will say we were fanning the flames while the other half says otherwise."

Polaris: "Yes, we're sticking around." Lorna nodded and sighed, bracing herself for what was to come.

Micromax: "Should we call a lawyer?...Do we have a lawyer?"

Polaris: "Xavier will take care of it again." Lorna assured Micromax. "Just smile for the cameras that are probably gathering near the police line and put on your game-face."

OfficerVimes: Sam wiped his forehead and put his hat back on. "Poor kids, wherever there's trouble they are." He muttered. They just needed to work out if they were the trouble. He glanced at his partner. "Ready to go?"

HumanTorch: Johnny could put on a smile. That was way easier than going through burning buildings. Well, maybe.

OfficerJackson: Poppy grumbled and nodded. "Funny how it's always them isn't it?" She checked to make sure her gun was loaded.

BlackWidow: "We should have a lawyer," Selene remarked. "With the amount of crap we manage to get ourselves into, and the whole property damage thing on top of it, not to mention lawsuit over aggravated assault, any lawyer working for Xavier should make a fortune."

Venom: Letting his mask come back, Venom stepped out of the van again, automatically sensing Officer Jackson's weapon cock. "Wow, ever faithful(!)"

OfficerVimes: "Yeah. Still, there's nothing to prove it. Innocent until we get evidence. C'mon." He walked towards the group slowly, a friendly smile on his face.

Micromax: He put on his gameface, which was a rather not too convincing smile, seeing as at the back of his head, continuous scenes of a dying Adam were playing up and down. Seeing as he couldn't picture Adam too well from the few times he had seen him, he replaced the figure with Tinky-Winky.

OfficerJackson: Poppy walked with him. At least backup was on the way already. She too gave friendly smiles to the kids.

Polaris: "Oh God, they look way too friendly to be real." Lorna sighed, stepping out front and putting on a respectful smile in return. "Officers, the building was cleared. We did our best to keep it from spreading but we met up with some...adversaries."

OfficerJackson: "What can you tell us about these... adversaries?"

BlackWidow: "Evening, Officers," Selene said, nodding to greet the two cops as they came walking up to them. She thumbed back over her shoulder. "Someone smoked in bed. We always try to warn people of the dangers of doing that."

Venom: 'And we know who they aaaarrreeee....', Venom shook his head at Selene. "Jesus, woman...", he sighed.

Polaris: "We never actually saw them, blocked from our awarness other than what they were doing."

OfficerVimes: "Afternoon, guys." Sam nodded to the green-haired chick. "Officer Sam Vimes at your service. This is officer Jackson."

Deadpool: "I should know, that happened to me before." Wade added to Selene's line, bent and burning cigarette still in his mouth.

Lori: Lori slipped around the police line with her camera man and went to take some shots of the scene from close up... and the X-men lurking around.

OfficerVimes: "...Blocked from your consciousness?" His eyebrow went up.

Micromax: Scott just nodded at everything Lorna said. Best to keep mum at Vimes.

Venom: Venom spotted the news reporter. "...are you serious?", he gestured her back with his hand. "Please, can you stand clear?"

HumanTorch: Johnny just hung back from the police, letting Lorna deal with them, and blinked at the cameras that were coming in.

Venom: A horrible thought of Screwball turning up right now crept into Venom's mind. Boy, didn't need that.

Polaris: "Yes, officer. We believe one of them had some telepathic abilities, enough to keep themselves and the others concealed." She nodded, looking up as she saw the flash. "I believe your line might be being jumped, Officers."

Lori: Lori raised an eyebrow at 'Venom' and continued to direct her camera man.

Deadpool: "And we're not making that up in case you were thinking that we're hiding their real identities and don't want to give them up." Wade added helpfully.

Micromax: He nodded at Wade too.

Lori: She eavesdropped on the conversation and took notes in shorthand too. Dishy!

HumanTorch: "Um, you know... There was a burning building. He suggested standing clear for a reason," Johnny threw in at the reporter.

Deadpool: "Ooh, cameras." He said, licking his palm and stroking back the patches of hair.

OfficerJackson: Poppy took down notes about what they were saying and about the crime scene, though it would get photographed later.

BlackWidow: "Indeed," Selene nodded at the officers. "It pretty much works just like the natural power of the human brain to block out certain sensory input. For example, just as the automatic reaction of your auditory center shutting down whenever Justin Bieber gets played on the radio."

Lori: "I'm not standing in the wreckage now, am I?" Lori demanded of the other X-man she'd forgotten the name of. She told her camera man to take a picture of him too so she could look it up later.

Venom: Venom approached Lori. "Seriously, can you just sort of back away?", he pushed the camera gently aside. "This is not the time."

HumanTorch: He reached up to rub his eyes at the flash as the camera was pointed at him, nodding in agreement with Eddie, "I agree. Not all of us want to be blinded."

Lori: "I'm just getting the public the right information in case the police try to hush up your involvement." Lori replied airily.

Micromax: "Hush up what involvement?" He frowned at the woman.

Lori: "You're heroes after all," she added, a bit of ego stroking was always good, "They like to know about this kind of thing."

Venom: "Really(?) Interesting(!)", Venom nodded, "And I'm interested in you not getting hurt or interrupting a Police investigation. I will not ask again.", he pushed the camera away a little more forcefully. "Stand aside."

BlackWidow: "Oh, you mean so the police can take all the credit for letting a bunch or arsonists get away," Selene tossed in, turning to look at the news people.

Polaris: "Ma'am, we will be glad to answer your questions but as this is an active crime scene I imagine the police would appreciate it if you stayed behind the tape."

Deadpool: Wade slipped in between Eddie and the camera, "Whoa whoa whoa, sorry about that, My friend here is just a little upset because his dog was killed in a fire years ago. He's still blaming himself for putting tinfoil in the microwave. Anyhow, what's a nice reporter like you doing in a tragedy like this?" he asked the woman, giving smiling glances at the camera.

OfficerJackson: "Hey hey hey now, no need to manhandle the press!" Poppy hurried over to Venom and Lori. "Now ma'am, you'll have to wait until we clear the scene. Please wait over there."

HumanTorch: Johnny just looked between Wade and the reported. Was he seriously...? He just shook his head. Even he didn't try to hit on the press.

Polaris: Lorna glanced over to Eddie, giving him a careful look, wishing she was a telepath so she could assure him they would be able to talk soon enough.

Venom: Venom backed away as Wade slithered in, glancing at Officer Jackson. 'Our 'Bitch-Sense' is tingling!', screw this. "Psst, Johnny...", Venom slid over. "Leave Wade here, it's a worse fate than death.", he shrugged, walking back to Lorna.

Venom: "Polaris.", he waved as he approached. "I could feel that look: I'll keep my mouth shut."

Lori: "We're not touching anything!" Lori argued, "You're letting them walk all over the place."

OfficerJackson: "Touch anything and I haul you in for obstruction of justice."

HumanTorch: Johnny snickered at Eddie and then looked back to the reporter again, "Them?"

Polaris: "Ma'am, currently we are part of the crime scene. I'm sure the police would be quite perturbed if we weren't here to walk around it at the moment."

Polaris: She smirked to Venom carefully, not wanting it photographed as she dropped her voice, clicking her com off. "I know, it's frustrating. As soon as we get home and can talk alone, yes?"

Lori: Lori held up her hands, "I promise to keep my hands to myself! Cross my heart!" she did and smiled sweetly, turning to Deadpool, "Oh I was just wondering if any one of you hero types have time for an interview." she batted her eyelids.

Venom: "Ugh, as if I'm dating one of these...technically...", Venom muttered to himself, facepalming. "Damn good plan, Boss.", he nodded at Polaris.

Micromax: Scott carefully stepped away from Wade. He wasn't someone who would spoil a bro's game.

HumanTorch: "You can take him," Johnny pointed to Wade.

Deadpool: Wade smirked, "Well if that's not a pickup line, then what is. I'm all for... 'interviews'." he said, "Mind you, we'll need to wait a little bit, I think half my manbits are still pretty much crusty from the fire. But after they heal, you, me, that microphone, those bushes, what do you say?" he winked.

OfficerJackson: "Alright, all mutants stand over there by... Polaris. We need this scene to be secured so we can investigate without tampering."

Deadpool: Wade turned, "Aww, I was about to score!" he complained at the cop, pointing at the reported.

BlackWidow: "Now I feel like being relegated to the kiddie table at a grand party," Selene remarked, crossing her arms as she watched the police officers.

Polaris: "Yes officer. We shall be here." She assured Officer Jackson, nodding and dropping her voice again to talk with Venom. "You're all right, yes? Took a pretty good hit back there apparently, yeah?"

HumanTorch: Johnny moved toward Lorna as directed and let out a sigh, "Next time can we not stick around?"

Lori: Lori scowled, cursed policewoman taking her interviewee away! She took a shifty look around then crept after them.

Venom: Venom stood beside Polaris, folding his arms, "Yup. But all it did was confirm my speculations: boy, do I have some information for you...", he half-whispered back.

OfficerJackson: Poppy, satisfied with them listening, brought in the CSIs.

OfficerJackson: She then moved back to Polaris. "We're going to need to get a statement from each one of you before you can go."

Venom: Venom stopped talking as Jackson approached. "Good for me."

Polaris: "Maybe when we're back to being out and out heroes instead of suspects." She sighed to Johnny, looking up as Officer Jackson approached again. "Of course, ma'am."

Deadpool: "I am awesome." Wade stated as his statement.

BlackWidow: "I shall make sure to leave a most memorable statement, ma'am." Selene nodded courtly.

Lori: Lori decided to lurk behind something and eavesdrop for the time being.

Micromax: Scott whispered into his comm. "Shouldn't we tell them about Adam?"

OfficerJackson: "I want to start with you, wise guy." Jackson pointed the end of her pen at Deadpool.

Deadpool: "Sweet, first the reporter, and now a cop. Moving on up in life."

OfficerJackson: Jackson rolled her eyes and moved off to interview Deadpool.

HumanTorch: "And what proof do we have?" Johnny glanced to Scott, "They were already looking at us like we're insane for suggesting telepathy and invisible people."

Deadpool: In the back where Wade was being interviewed, it could be seen how he would make hand gestures that could have absolutely no connection with what had happened during the fire.

Micromax: "Which isn't exactly that uncommon for us?"

Venom: "Yep. Just another weekend(!)", Venom sighed, looking around and spotting Scott and Johnny, "Tell you what, if I'm right about what I think? The only Lawyer we're gonna need'll be a compensation claimer..."

BlackWidow: "Yes, I believe we could have just as well blamed it on the leprechauns," Selene remarked. She looked at the others. "Could we still do that?"

OfficerJackson: Poppy regretted interviewing Deadpool. He was nuts!

HumanTorch: "You could try in your statement?" he looked to Selene.

Deadpool: Along with the hand gestures were pelvic thrusts and armpit farts. It all ended with him giving a slap on his behind. "And that's what happened."

Polaris: Lorna was giving the reporter a careful look, then smiled. "I suppose we can have questions over the tape, yes?" Mainly, Lorna just wanted no eavesdropping and that'd help.

OfficerJackson: "Thank you... next?!"

Deadpool: "Whoa whoa, hang a second, can I at least get a phone number? Fax number? E-mail? IM? Facebook?"

Venom: Venom sighed again. Was gonna be another long-ass day at the office. Or...crime-scene, as it were. "Well, let's get this over with...they gonna take us down to the station or what?"

OfficerJackson: "NEXT!" Poppy did not like this guy.

Polaris: "I believe she's just taking initial reports here." Lorna nodded to the Officer wanting to escape Deadpool.

Deadpool: Wade walked away smugly, turning and making a phone gesture at his burnt up and scarred side of his face. "Call me!"

HumanTorch: "Can we play rock, paper, scissors for who's next?"

Lori: Lori smiled at the green haired one. Couldn't remember her name either. Another photo for later. "I would simply love to get a few quotes for our readers!"

Deadpool: He joined the others. "I am in like Flynn... In like flynn... huh, I just realized, I think that expression started because of TRON. Because his name was Flynn, and he got in! I'm a genius!"

Venom: "Oh, good(!) More incrimination.", Venom shrugged, looking at Johnny. "...I'll go next: a healthy dose of un-skeptical sanity might help the Officer after Wade...", he cut his eye at Lori. "Somebody get that pap outta here..."

Micromax: "Three Lions are totally beating the Kiwis next weekend, that's my quote for you!" He gave the reporter a mean look.

Polaris: "Ask away." Lorna said, straightening herself up professionally though she knew she would hate every second of this. Talking to the press was not her thing at all.

OfficerJackson: Jackson pointed to Eddie. "YOU. You're up."

Lori: "Well first of all, what was it like when you got here?" Lori raised her pen, poised to take notes.

HumanTorch: "Hot," Johnny answered, smirking, "It's always hot wherever I am."

Venom: Venom did as he was told, approaching the officer. "'Sup?"

Lori: Lori giggled and waved a hand at him, "Oh you! Very funny!"

OfficerJackson: "...You will address me as ma'am. Is that understood?"

Polaris: "...on fire? It had spread a good deal so our first order of business was to assure it didn't spread and also to be certain nobody was inside."

HumanTorch: His eyebrow went up at the giggle. That reply didn't sound fake or forced at all.

Lori: "Oooh I bet that was scary! Weren't you worried about your own lives?"

Venom: "Only if you treat me with a wee bit of respect, sure...", Venom shook his head. "Look, just...please. I'm supposed to be on your side, ok? And I really didn't like the whole 'prepping the gun' thing you did. Puts me on edge."

Venom: "I have a history of being shot: you ever been shot before? It hurts.", he shuddered.

OfficerJackson: "Look kid, I have a good mind to haul your ass down to the station now! I am an officer of the law and you will show the proper respect whether it is given to you or not. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

Venom: Venom blinked behind his mask. "...frankly? I'd rather go to the station than be interviewed so informally: there are Paps around who'll twist my every word."

Polaris: Lorna tried not to quirk her eyebrow, that comment hitting her as a bit patronizing from the reporter. "We do train for these type of scenarios regularly but I suppose there is always a good healthy fear."

Venom: "...ma'am.", Venom added.

OfficerJackson: "Fine. Get in the back of the patrol car and stay."

HumanTorch: Johnny looked between the camera and the police. He wasn't sure who he'd rather be dealing with from the look of the police interview.

Venom: Venom saluted. "Sure thing.", he walked to the car as instructed. Goddamed right she just got pwned. "...ma'am."

Lori: "Was it hard to get under control?" Lori took notes about all their reactions too.

OfficerJackson: Jackson was tired of these punk kids. "Should just haul them all down to the station for questioning."

Micromax: Scott looked at the police. Then at the reporter. Then back at the police. Screw this, I'm outta here. He instantly shrank to mouse-size.

HumanTorch: "Um... Polaris...?" Johnny said as quietly as possible, trying to discreetly gesture toward Eddie in the police car.

Venom: Once in the car, Venom popped his head out. "Officer! That is a good plan! Per what I just said!"

BlackWidow: Selene looked from Eddie to the vanishing Scott, back to the others. "I have the feeling things aren't going as well as they possible could."

OfficerJackson: "And his ass is going into a cell soon as we get back." Poppy decided, glad the door was already shut so he couldn't escape.

Venom: [Sorry, guys: I owned her by suggesting we give statements formally...so...who calls shotgun?], Eddie whispered into the comm.

Venom: Right, plan was: get into the station, slip out of the 'cuffs and find Officer Keel. Venom nodded to himself. Better than talking to this crooked cop.

Micromax: Scott finally got to use his shiny new, Reed-certified thrusters, and made it out of there in big leaps.

Lori: Lori nudged her camera man to snap a picture of Venom in the cop car while he was just standing there.

Venom: Venom sat back, sighing in irritation as the cameras snapped him. Sweet(!) Bad publicity(!) Just what he wanted(!) [By the way? Thanks for getting rid of the news team(!)]

HumanTorch: "Also, it was hard to get it under control," Johnny belatedly answered the woman's question, trying to pull her attention away from Eddie.

Lori: "Ooooh really? Not enough of you?" Lori refocused on the one whose name still failed her. It'd be easier if they were real names she was sure.

OfficerJackson: "Alright hot stuff. Press interview is over. I need a statement. " Jackson addressed Johnny.

HumanTorch: "I, um..." He nodded toward the officer with a small grin and went to give his statement without another word to the press. And, wait... Had he just been called hot stuff?

Lori: Lori scowled again. Damn that officer, stealing all her people!

Polaris: "If you'll excuse me." Lorna waved the reporter off, giving her a kind smile that slipped from her face the second she turned away. Lorna was not happy, making her way over to Venom and shutting off her com-link. "What on earth did you do?"

Venom: "I told her it'd be more formal and less 'press disaster' for everyone if we spoke at the station.", Venom shrugged to Polaris.

Venom: "I'm where I wanna be, Pol: I need to speak to Detective Keel."

HumanTorch: Shifting his weight somewhat comfortably, Johnny rubbed at the back of his neck. She'd called him hot stuff... which was kinda gross. Bit older than what he aimed for. "So..." Or, maybe she was just referring to the code name. He'd never know. He wasn't willing to ask.

Polaris: "And you couldn't simply walk into the precinct instead of being taken in in front of the press, hmm?"

OfficerJackson: "Yeah start from when you got called here to when we showed up."

Polaris: "Did you ever think that this might be the stupidest way you could have thought of to do this?"

Polaris: "I could kick your ass so hard you'd be bleeding out of your mouth for the next month right now, Eddie, I really could."

Venom: "I aim to please(!)", Venom remarked, sighing again. Sarcasm Dispenser was GO. "Look, she told me to get in the car, and that's what I did."

Polaris: "We'll talk after your questioning though, okay?" She sighed. This was going to look so damned horrible. "Oh, you do not want to be an asshole to me right now, Eddie. You do not."

Venom: "...want me to get out and go to the precinct?", he added. "I could do that."

Lori: Lori decided to do some more snooping.

HumanTorch: "Well, I got out here and walked into the building..." Johnny started, still squicked at the the hot stuff comment. That was totally all he was going to be focused on throughout this whole thing.

Venom: Venom adjusted himself on the seat. "Lorna, chill, 'k? I'm right where I need to be, and when this information I need to give you gets out? Trust me, it'll all come together."

BlackWidow: Selene looked around, the first thing she realized was that the rest of her team seemingly had dispersed in all directions. The second thing was her being all alone with those pesky news people.

Polaris: "You're staying in there right now. You're not going to anger the officer in front of the press twice, Eddie."

Venom: "So we're agreed.", Venom nodded. "Just...you're gonna have to trust me on this much, 'k?"

Polaris: "I think we need to talk about how our roles work, Venom. A good deal." Lorna walked away, putting on her press face again and heading back to the reporter.

Polaris: "Sorry about that, ma'am. Venom merely has information to report to one of the lead detectives." That he could have been driven down in the school van instead of in the back of a police car in front of your cameras. Tonight Lorna was going to dine on souls if she didn't get to calm down.

BlackWidow: "Ah, there you are," Selene said, giving Lorna a relieved look as she returned, the reporter already having closed in on her. "I was just going to explain to this lady here why in my opinion Mel Gibson is the only likely suspect in this case."

Venom: Venom settled back into the copcar seat. "She'll come around.", he nodded to himself. They all would: any day now, shit'd hit the fan and he'd be right about everything. For a moment, Eddie considered he might be psychic. Then he looked outside at Selene.

Venom: Nope. That required an ammount of crazy reserved only for a select few.