9/8 Instance: Eddie-heart-Liza

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

9/8 Instance: Eddie-heart-Liza

Post by puppygirl »

Timeline - A few days after 'Caught on Camera'

Eddie smirked, he was such a brilliant, brilliant genius. He took a deep breath before knocking on the door to Liza's place and adjusting his hold on the flowers he'd bought her, quickly double checking the box on the floor and picking it up.

Chocolate cake and tulips. Tulips. Why tulips? Because 'Roses' probably had the wrong message. Eddie shuddered, that was not something he wanted to re-visit any time soon. Recalling what was in his pocket, his grin returned, happiness smothering nervousness. She was going to be so happy!

Liza looked up from her desk, where she was working on an assignment and frowning opened the door, beaming at who she saw there, "Edd-" she spotted the flowers, "OHMIGOD! Are those for me!?"

"Those, the cake, me...", Eddie replied, beaming back and handing the flowers over. "I thought I'd surprise you with something...you know, something nice."

"OHMIGOD!" Liza squealed! "I can't remember the last time someone got me flowers!" She bounded up and hugged Eddie, nearly crushing her flower, "I'll go get some water for these! I hope I have a vase, come in!" She backed into her room and started to hunt for something to keep them in.

Eddie entered, closing the door and finding a table to place the cake box on. "So, ah...did I catch you at a bad time?", he glanced over at the desk, noticing the work strewn across it.

"Oh no, just doing school work y'know! I could use a pick me up!" She found a vase and stuffed the flowers into it, putting some water in as well, "Wow, these are so colourful!" She smiled, putting them on the coffee table where they could be well seen, "Now, you said something about chocolate cake?"

With a nod, Eddie tapped the box. "That's also not the main surprise.", he winked, patting his pocket.

"Flower and cake and something else!?" She flopped down onto the sofa, "What's the occasion?"

"Isn't it obvious?", Eddie sat beside her. "Liza, I've been nothing but an ordeal for you... this Brotherhood thing, all the stuff with Rose..."

He took a breath. "I let you down, and I'm sorry. You're the best thing that's happened to me in too long and I want you to know how I feel."

Liza looked at him for a few minutes, then smiled, "You haven't let me down, if you hadn't been around then this would have been a lot worse! And I never would have gotten involved-" she paused, should she ask him if he'd seen her on TV oooooorrrrr ... nooooo, she'd wait for him to bring it up.

Eddie frowned at the pause. "...something on your mind?"

"Nope, just cake," she grinned at him, before grabbing the box and opening it, "Mmmm, do you wanna go get us a knife so we can hack this bad boy up?"

"Uh, sure!", Eddie smiled, getting onto his feet and wandering into the kitchen. "...erm...", he popped his head back through, "I....have no idea where you keep them."

Liza giggled, "Drawer next to the sink."

With a smile, Eddie slipped back into the kitchen and re-appeared with a knife in hand. Flipping it in his fingers he handed it to Liza before sitting down. "There's something else though: a little thanks and...", he took a deep breath.

"You said you have trouble with all this 'talking about feelings' stuff, right?"

Noooooo bring up the reeeeeepoooooort ... or maybe he hadn't seen it? Possible ... "Umm ... yeah a little, why?"

"I am too....usually.", he squirmed. "I haven't been anywhere near this close to someone in four years, and so this boyfriend stuff is hard to get back into...", he reached into his pocket and slipped out two tickets. "...but for you, for US, I'm gonna make it work."

Eddie glanced at the tickets, "...I mean, Comic-Con's a good first official date, right?"

"... You scored us tickets for next comic-con?" Liza just stared at them.

"Well...", Eddie reached into his other pocket, "In case it goes south, we can always visit the London one, too.", he smirked, drawing out the other two tickets.

"LONDON!? OHMIGOD I've always WANTED to go to London!" Liza squeaked and threw herself at Eddie for another hug, "You're the best boyfriend EVER!"

Eddie held her in the hig, smiling and kissing her hair as he squeezed her. "Glad you approve!"

"Of course I approve!" She sat back and gleeclapped, "Oh this is amazing!"

Placing the tickets together, Eddie handed them to Liza. "You hold onto them, alright?", he smiled, damn he was good. 'Cheers, Dad.'

"So....how've you been since I saw you last?", he asked, removing his jacket.

"Oh ... did I tell you I got a new job?" Liza said coyly.
Eddie rasied an eyebrow, "No, you didn't! Wow...as what?", it was cute when she was all shy. "Anything good?"

".. You mean you seriously don't know?" Liza stared at him, "... Don't you like ... read newspapers or watch the news or anything?"

"...", Eddie frowned, honestly feeling a weeny bit stupid. "N-not recently...you know, with all the stuff going on and....stuff."

Liza let out a sound of frustration, "You wanna date a reporter and you don't even keep up with current events? No wonder you haven't had much luck with the Brotherhood!" She got up and slipped a dvd into the player and turned it on, and a very familiar starting theme and opening credits began, with the MOJO logo in the upper right of the screen, "Just watch and be amazed!"

Eddie did so. And indeed, he was amazed. Firstly, his girlfriend was working for the huge, well known label which was MOJO TV. Secondly, she was actually ninja-ing around, planting hidden cameras like an absolute boss, since, let's face it, she couldn't have gotten this footage on foot.

And third....

"...jesus christ..."

"I know! It's totally awe-what's up?" She asked, cutting her glee short at the expression on his face.

"The rainbow. G-go back to that a second!", Eddie sat forward, leaning in. No way in hell was that possible. "I couldn't make out anyone else there, but that rainbow...."

He took a moment to breathe, unable to really finish the sentence; the adrenaline wouldn't allow it.

"... You recognise the mutant?" Liza asked him in a whisper.

"...it was a trail, wasn't it...", Eddie muttered, not really a quesion. He could hardly believe it; a mixture of excitement and anxiety brewed up in him as he caught his breath.

"Julie Powers...", Eddie half-whispered. "Lightspeed."

He'd found them.

"You DO know them!- Her!" Liza clapped her hands to her mouth in horror, "OHMIGOD! She's not at the school is she?" This could be bad!

"Worse: she isn't". He turned to Liza. "...I have t-...wait, who else knows about this?"

"... The whole damn world, this aired like, two days ago, it's already been handed over to the cops too."

"It's public?", Eddie smiled. That means everyone knew. He started to laugh, "They're done! You single handedly caught them! Hahaha!"

"Well, they need to find them first," Liza thought for a moment, "I'd suggest you X-Men keep the fact you know this girl quiet though, for the sake of PR," she said carefully.

Eddie couldn't stop laughing, "God, I love you! I can't believe this, you actually...", he took a few breaths, "I can't believe this is coming to an end!"

Liza beamed, "I did good then?"

"Good? You...", Eddie rubbed his cheek, his smile actually hurt like hell. "...you did this for me?"

"I ... I wanted to help you out," Liza blushed, "And ... well, I don't have super-powers sooo ... yeah."

Eddie felt a little teary. "...I don't even know what I did to deserve you.", he wiped his face, still grinning like an idiot.

"Hey, don't spoil your macho image by crying on me," Liza giggled, "Umm ... on a similar subject .. what ... happened with Rose then?"

"...ah.", Eddie's face fell a little. "She accused me of cheating on her for you, then tried to torch my face etcetera...", he pointed to his cheek and simulated the scarring quickly.

Liza winced, "Owch! Well ... on the plus side it means you can be my boyfriend properly now, right?"

Eddie nodded. "I have never been happier. I actually don't remember ever being this happy with anyone, Liza.", he leaned in to hug her. "I-if you still want to be with me after everything..."

'Then we admire your patience...'

"Of course I do!" She hugged him back, and now, everything was perfect.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"