9/7 Instance: ...ah

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

9/7 Instance: ...ah

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

"...ah.", Eddie appeared at the door. So, Jean-Paul was back? The awkward nigh choked him as he backed away slowly. Maybe he could get away without being noticed? He was really dreading the possible conversation: a-and also, his father HAD said it was a bad idea, and that he should let it lie! So it was ok to run. Far away.

The Ah was enough to alert a jumpy Jean-Paul that he wasn't alone, however and his head popped right up from his work. "...ah." Well, that summed things up pretty damned well, didn't it?

'Shit.', Eddie's mind hissed. Well, running wasn't an option. For a moment he just stood in silence, not really knowing how to start this one off. He took a deep breath before shrugging:

"To be fair, it was a pretty logical conclusion to come to.", he smirked wryly.

"...That is what you're going to say to that? Seriously?"

Eddie frowned, "I figured 'sorry' would fall on deaf ears, so I thought a humour injection was needed...", in hindsight, that was incredibly insensitive. "...I'm sorry, Jean-Paul."

"I know it's not you...", he went on. "In fact, I know exactly who it is, I have evidence, and I can back it."

"The apology was definitely the better way to go." He nodded, frowning a bit but putting away his homework. "Who then?"

"Mate, you wouldn't believe it...", Eddie stepped into the room and leaned on the wall, sighing. "...more than anything I wanna make sure we're cool."

"Well...I mean...I'm still pretty damned pissed but I can live with that."

"We're good, it's not your fault."

"No, it IS.", Eddie stressed, sighing again. "I've....been so caught up in all this 'militant vigilantee' stuff that I've just alienated myself.", he scratched his head. "I mean, it WAS kind of suspicious of you and Jay, but....well...maybe I overshot it a little..."

"It was suspicious, that's why it's not your fault." Jean-Paul sighed as well, shaking his head and making room for Eddie to sit down. "Things will calm down, it can't go on forever."

"At least, that's what I'm telling myself to keep me from going back home."

Eddie sat beside him, smiling again. "Aa-and that's something else: I confirmed a member of them, JP.", he grinned. "W-well, I didn't. But the point is, I know."

His brow furrowed at that. "Really?"

"..I'm not sure I even want to know at this point. Who?"

"Julie. Julie Powers.", Eddie let it sink in a moment, "I know what you're thinking but I have proof: 'solid-fucking-evidence' style proof."

"...well...last I talked to her she was definitely anti-human. What are you going to do with this proof, though?"

Eddie laughed a little. "Fuck all.", he said, sitting back comfortably.

"...seriously?"

"Oh, I'll update the interface, and I'll make damn sure to relay the information to Keel...", Eddie pointed out, "But after that, nothing!"

"Ah, that does sound like a plan then. Keel's the detective, right? I was always interviewed by the other one, Vimes."

Eddie nodded in reply, "Never met Vimes myself, still, won't have to now.", he tapped his nose triumphantly, "They've played into our hands, all that we need to do now is make damn sure they've got nowhere to run."

"The way we do that is by not moving out yet: they'd expect that, and it ruins the element of surprise...", he explained, "Better yet: make them think they still have the upper hand."

Eddie pondered that a moment, "...I mean, the video footage is already public, so no doubt they...", he paused. "...hmn."

"So...not really sure how to play anything at that point." Jean-Paul filled in what he assumed that hmn was. "Still a bit of a waiting game."

"...I was more thinking like, they'll know damn well it's her who's the loose end.", Eddie frowned as he considered it. "We might need to consider following her, making sure she doesn't get into any trouble..."

"They might just leave her to be caught though...might be telepaths on the team, wipe her memory if she's caught."

Eddie nodded slowly. Certainly true. "Well, we'll figure it out. For now, it'd be a good idea just to let everyone know she's in with them. It's closer than we were, at least.", he nudged JP, "Level with me: you doubted us, didn't you?"

"Well...I more doubted me not getting in trouble with people thinking I was involved in Brotherhood, really."

"Look, you were technically breaking the law, even during a terrorist wrap...", Eddie shrugged, "Point is, your name is clear, I'll make damn sure of that."

Eddie reached into his pocket for a spider tracer. "...I was wondering. A-and I know it's been kinda complicated. And unfair.", he placed it in his hand and offered it to Jean-Paul. "Still on the team? Would give us a hell of an edge."

"I don't really think you've got that kind of power but yeah, still on the team." He gave Eddie a small smile, frowning though as he took the spider tracer. "Hmm?"

"Is a tracer. We all have one: you, me, Lorna and Johnny.", Eddie nodded to him. "It's a precaution more than anything: make sure we stay safe."

"Not something to keep tabs on me?"

Eddie shook his head, reaching under his t-shirt and into his chest, revealing to Jean-Paul another tracer. "Inside my chest at all times."

"...that's sort of weird, Eddie."

"It's also super safe!", Eddie replaced it. "Bitches love secret hiding spots..."

"...I don't think they really think about that kind...not that I know much about Bitches."

Eddie smirked, sighing a little. "Damn...I missed you, man."

"Missed you, too. missed this place."

"You always have a place here, you know. Even if the resident 'Spider-Man' is a paranoid wreck who thinks you're a terrorist.", Eddie winked.

"If only you were my only worry for that." Jean-Paul laughed, a mix of humour and seriousness with that.

"It'll be over soon, alright? I promise.", Eddie smiled compasionately. "You've got nothing to hide, alright? Not after this is blown out."

"Nothing left to hide." He laughed though. "It'll finish eventually, I know."

"Truer words were never spoken."